+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's at a winery in the swan valley, it's beautiful out there. We got married out there too
    I think it's 7 courses will be interesting as some of it I might struggle with as duck/Venison is on the menu, have never tried it but I'll give it a go, if I don't like it I'm sure my dh will want extra lol and every course you get a tasting of a particular wine
    Well I hope I do get to the stage of needing thunderboxes a lot lol fx I'd take every symptom for a BFP

had to pick up my script for melatonin today seriously feel like a real pill popper, did u get anything back from it when you were on it, $55 a bottle. Have kept the receipts from the last 2 as I'll need to see if I can get anything back from private health cover

Have been suffering from headaches from time to time, sometimes I wonder if it's the dhea/ melatonin

enjoy the weekend with your mum and sister x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Well, it sounds like heaven to me out there in the Swan Valley. I've never tried Venison myself (DP has, says it tastes "gamey" with a fuller, stronger flavour) but I like duck every now and again. Yep, my DP is the same eating all my offloads!!

I have no doubt you'll get your BFP Luv, but be careful what you wish for!! As for the Melatonin, I didn't have PH...the cover I did have didn't include IVF as I assumed we wouldn't need it and I didn't have time at my age to wait another 12 months to get it.

In saying that, I claimed the Melatonin, DHEA and Saizen on tax as a medical expense as those drugs were part of the IVF Cycle, so if your PH doesn't give you any sort of refund, claim it all on your tax or whatever reimbursement they give you, deduct that from the total amount and claim the balance on your tax.

I wouldn't think the headaches are from the DHEA/Melatonin as you've been taking it for quite a while now and any sort of side effects should well and truly have passed. Perhaps they are stress/tension related?? Or maybe hormonal related or possibly they were days when you may not have had enough to drink??

You enjoy your weekend too girl I'm not sure I'll be able to post until I get home but will keep an eye on the threads from my phone (my phone is a pain in the ar*e to try to post from for some reason??)

Until next time............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hope your trip goes as well as it can BiB xx
    Your weekend away sounds like bliss booboo!
    Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Ladies................

Just quickly dropping by to say I hope you all have a fantastic long weekend!!! Thanks Em, am just going to put on a brave face and make the most of it I think. You make sure you rest up ok??

Talk to you all when I get home (unless I can find a computer to use at one of my relo's places...Mum doesn't have one and neither my sister or I have a laptop/tablet etc...bugger!! Will put that on the wish list methinks!!) though I will be keeping an eye on you all via my phone, so no misbehaving!!!

Anyhoo, take it easy Girls. Until next time...............

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy the w/e too ladies, thinking of u bib must be hard

not sure about the headaches sometimes I just feel a little diff after taking it. Have been drinking a lot also but could also be a tension headache

dinner was pretty amazing last nite, it ended up being in the reception room where we had our wedding instead of there restaurant, canapés/champagne followed up 8 courses I was stuffed lol, I did well too I tried it all and for someone who dosent normally like seafood I did well, we were still eating at 1030 last nite

left at 1130 after dessert and coffee and 10 minutes later dh puts his chair back and starts snoring on the trip home

Em hope everything is ok x
    Last edited by Booboo78; 25-04-2014 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Booboo: Hello Luv, hope you've had a lovely long weekend. The dinner sounded fantastic and good on you for stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things!!

Had to LOFL when I read about your DH going on the nod on the way home!! Typical bloke that is!! I'm not entirely sure about your headaches either girl, am just making an educated guess myself, you're the one who knows your body best. Am counting down the days with you until you start your next cycle!! Not long to go now until your appointment Luv, it's coming up quick now!!

Em: Glad to read on the other thread that things have settled down for you. Have elaborated more there. Once again, forgive the "copy and paste" job below, but easier than having to rewrite the whole post again for Booboo's and the other lovely ladies' benefit....Ok, and I'm feeling too bloody tired at this very moment as well!!

Hello to all the other lovely ladies too.......

AFM: I'm home safe and sound finally!! Traffic coming back was a frigging nightmare with all and sundry deciding to exit the Sunshine Coast and head for home after the long weekend all at the same time!!! We'd had a good run until we approached that exit and then it was bottlenecked from there onwards all the way back home...FFS!!!

Was great to spend time with Mum though it was hard to see her having to get around with a walker now. It's good in the sense it still allows her to have her independence around the house and when they go out to do the shopping for eg (though she can't walk very far or for very long as she tires easily so needs a lot of breaks along the way). But it's heartbreaking in the sense of what the walker represents to me, and that's her deteriorating more and more

Other than that, her pain is under control, she's still eating reasonably well and has only lost a couple of kg's so far, she sleeps a lot more through the day now, though the amount of hours she's awake vs asleep varies from day to day at the moment. I think the side-effects of the strong pain relief she's been prescribed (along with the seemingly hundreds of other pills she has to take) is the main culprit in making her so drowsy/sleepy at this point in time.

It's her birthday in just over 2 weeks time and I'm aiming to go up and stay with her again for that as I know it will be her last one A few weeks ago when she was in hospital, I was doubting she was going to make it, but now I'm pretty confident she will plus hopefully still be reasonably ok by my little sisters birthday at the end of May...at least I'm hoping she will. It's just so hard to tell at this point. It's more of a day to day, week to week thing as things can change very quickly at this stage. Anyhoo, shall hope for the best.

Other than that, I'm ok, had a bit of a funny "turn" myself yesterday that I think may have been caused by a sudden drop in my blood pressure. We'd all just got home from a lovely scenic drive and Morning Tea at the shopping centre's café (Mum needed to grab a few bits and pieces from the supermarket and I needed a hit of chocolate coated honeycomb...lol) Anyhoo, when we got back to Mum's and my stepdad's, I took some Panadol as my shoulder had yet again had a spasm the night before and it was really, really sore still.

Just after I took the dose, this overwhelming nausea and the urge to vomit came over me so I rushed to the ensuite in the bedroom, stood over the sink waiting to hurl when I suddenly got extremely dizzy to the point my vision was blurred, like "seeing stars" and I felt like I was going to pass out there and then on the bathroom floor!!

I stumbled out of the ensuite and onto the bed where I sat with my head between my knee's for a few minutes or so until the episode passed. I walked back out into the kitchen and within about a minute the same thing happened again!!! Off I went back to the bathroom and the same scene unfolded as before. After that, I had to lay down in bed which I ended up doing for a couple of hours during which I had a decent nap and I've been as right as rain ever since thankfully. Buggered if I know what happened though Just glad I haven't had a repeat performance thus far.

Ok, am off for now my lovelies. Am feeling weary, so will be an early night for me. DP is finally almost 100% recovered from his Lurgy from last weekend (says he feels 80% today), so he's well and truly on the mend now. Hope you've all enjoyed your long weekend and until next time..............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-04-2014 at 16:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hope you are feeling better now BiB, no more funny turns or anything... you need to slow down a bit maybe? You always sound so busy!
    So who are we going for tonight ladies? Lol... I don't think I have to ask! At least the WA girls try new and complex dishes and so do the mums so they are on equal footing I think. If there is any sort of 'producer' interference in this show the mums will win because they will sell more MKR merchandise post show than the WA girls...
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry u r going through this bib, must be very hard seeing her like that. Stay strong u will get through this.

That funny turn u had didn't sound good how have u been today? Take it easy x

emski how r u and your jelly bean hope all is well

MKR is about 15 min from starting here in WA Em, I'd put my money on the mums to win, those perth girls seriously come across as stuck up but hey I guess they could be playing up for the cameras

Nurse rang me back with pricing for Saizen, $165 per injection. This cycle is going to be expensive! She ordered 13 but said I may only need 11 as I stimmed for that amount of days last time. Start sniffing synarel on Monday to start long down reg cycle
    I'll be on Menopur this time, so will be lots of mixing to do. Have been told to stop the dhea this Friday cd21

I'm praying we get at the very least 1 blastie, that's not too much to ask is it. I'm not sure how I'll handle total disappointment again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Got it all crossed for you booboo! That is a lot of meds! I never had saizen, but have heard of the costs.
    All looking good with my peanut, had my 7 week scan today and all is on track thankfully.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls................

Em: Am so relieved to know all is well with Peanut. Have elaborated more on the other thread Yes, it wasn't hard to guess who I was cheering on to win last night!! Can't believe just how rigged the whole show is though. Was reading an article online where an "insider" revealed how the contestants are sent to cooking school so don't have to really know how to cook, houses they do their "at home" restaurant are either borrowed or hired if they don't meet the strict producer criteria, how the contestants post production are given a script of what to say and how to react etc when they're being filmed narrating and how a group of chefs cook copies of the final dishes so there's enough for taste testing!!!

I've always assumed there is a bit of interference with these kinds of shows, but to find out there's that level of manipulation is astounding to me not to mention that it's far too easy for the judges to manipulate the final scores. It's put me right off now to the point I'm not interested in watching it ever again!! My Kitchen Sux more like it!!

Booboo: Yep, that price sounds about right for the Saizen Luv...it's bloody exxy but if it does the job it's money well spent Oooh, can't believe it's time for you to start again girl!! Am so excited for you!! I definitely don't miss the Synarel!! LOL

I'm hoping doing a long down reg cycle this time will give you more eggs and because you're growing them slowly doing a cycle this way in conjunction with the Menopur and Saizen, I have high hopes for you girl that your egg quality will improve greatly!!

No sweetie, one blasty is not too much to ask for, but I'm hoping for a few more than that if you choose to grow them out until Day 5. I know you're fearful of having a sh*tter of a result again this time and it's totally understandable why you feel that way, but Luv, I want you to try to focus on the fact that this time you have every reason to be confident that you will make it to transfer

When the doubts and the fears start creeping in, I want you to think about all the different things you've done and will be doing (supplements, different drugs, different drug protocol etc) to get you the best possible outcome. Take every appointment, BT and scan one at a time and try not to think too far ahead of what may or may not happen (especially if those thoughts are taking you into negative territory).

I choose to believe that everything you've done up until now and will be doing for this cycle is going to make a huge difference and that you will get to transfer and within a few short weeks, I will be here with you while you go through the dreaded 2WTorture!!!!

Big Hello as always to all the other lovely ladies out there too

AFM: Yes, thank-you Girls, am feeling fine although extra weary today for some reason. No, no more funny turns since that one. Am thinking it was an isolated incident but will tell my GP when I have my appointment with her on Fri and the OB at my next appointment up at the hospital in a couple of weeks time.

I've decided it's time to make a concerted effort on the exercise front, so have started as of late last week a walking regime. I'm doing 30 mins, 5x a week to begin with and because I've just started will probably wait a couple of weeks and then increase it up to 40 mins 5x a week. Jaysus, my shins are killing me, I tell you!!!

I probably could keep increasing the increments up to an hr eventually, but want to keep it to a realistic timeframe that will still be achievable right up until the end of my pregnancy. Not being a fitness aficionado in any shape, way or form, I'm not sure if I should aim for the hours walk now then decrease as I get bigger and it's more difficult/tiring etc to do it or just aim for a time that I can do consistently from here on in until the end??

Anyhoo Girls, must go for now. Hope you've both had a lovely day and until next time.............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-04-2014 at 15:11.