+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Booboo I think we've all been where you are, so a big hug from all of us. There are good days and bad days in this journey. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Take it easy over easter.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Booboo78  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Ladies.....................

Just quickly popping in to wish you all a very Happy Easter!!!:D Stay safe if you're out and about on the roads and enjoy your long weekend!!

Until next time.................

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Booboo78  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies, hope u r having a nice Easter w/e. Why did they make Cadbury eggs so tasty

Bib how's your mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboo78 View Post
    Thanks for the support ladies, hope u r having a nice Easter w/e. Why did they make Cadbury eggs so tasty

Bib how's your mum?
    Pretty quiet one for us. I don't like chocolate much so don't find easter too hard thankfully. Now if there was a day where passion fruit sponges were celebrated, that would be a different story!
    Hope you are feeling better booboo.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Booboo: Yum, Yum, YUM!! to Cadbury Eggs!! I gave the choccy a good flogging over the weekend myself and I mean over the WHOLE weekend!! Reckon I just about ate my body weight in choc covered honey comb and Cadbury's myself!!

How was your Easter weekend Luv?? Was your DH rostered off for it?? I hope so. How are you feeling now?? I know you've got a FS appointment to go to soon then you'll be off and running again!! I'm very excited and hopeful for you girl!!

Emski: Passionfruit sponges eh?? Yum!!!! I don't mind a good sponge of any description myself!! Methinks you'll probably indulge in a few of these delectable delights over the coming months Hope you and your DH enjoyed the rest of your weekend. Am counting down the days until you have your scan on the 29th!!

Hello to all the other lovely ladies too

AFM: Had a quiet but lovely Easter thanks Booboo for asking. Sorted through the heap of baby stuff my sister gave me for Belly Bean and gave the washing machine a good workout over the weekend washing it all!! The weather was so beautiful here it would of been a shame to waste it.

DP was on garden duty pottering around pruning, mulching, repotting plants, mowing, whipper snippering etc etc. I also did some more baking (got to use up those banana's) and took myself off for a much needed massage yesterday too. Oh, it was bloody lovely I tell you!!

Thanks for asking after my Mum Booboo. She's not doing too good and is off back up to the hospital to see the Palliative Care doctor today. Her hips have pretty much given out now and she can barely walk and she's needing more blood transfusions more often and in greater amounts. She's still at home though which is something I guess and my little sister and I are going up to spend the weekend with her I'm hoping on Thurs, possibly Fri depending on work and my sister organising childcare for my nephew (little sister wants to drive up this time). Just want to spend as much time as I can when I can with Mum now before things start getting really bad for her

DP has woken up sick this morning (was meant to do overtime today as well, but when I woke him up earlier, he could barely get out of bed, the poor bugger). He started feeling a bit dodgy on Sun, but nothing major, then yesterday he said he felt a little worse but still able to go about his business around the place (mind you, I have been pumping him up full of Panadol, Nurofen, Maxalon for his nausea etc and making him have regular rest breaks throughout the day).

I took one look at him this morning and told him to go back to bed and that I'd take him to the doctors later on. I've got my first OB appointment this afternoon at the hospital so will fit in DP's doctor's appointment around that and work. They're really good down at our GP's surgery and I'm confident they'll fit DP in at some stage. Just hope his boss won't think he's putting it on as God knows, it does look a bit dodgy taking a sickie after a long weekend and with a short working week as well, but DP has loads of sick days available as he hardly ever takes them being the slight workaholic that he is, so hopefully his boss will be ok about it.

Bloody hell!! DP has just gotten up and said he wants to go to work as he's standing there in the bathroom barely able to open his eyes, looking drained and like he's about to face plant himself onto the bathroom floor at any given second!! Have had to get tough with him and demand he goes back to bed!! The fact he didn't try to debate me on it proves just how sick he must be, poor darling :-(

Ok my lovelies, must go and keep an eye on DP and get ready for work. Have a great day and until next time...........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-04-2014 at 05:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love passion fruit too emski, 1 Christmas I made this sponge roll filled with cream/passion fruit/flaked almonds, everyone loved it but was rather fidly to make.

I was good and resisted a lot over Easter, I'm trying to keep off the sugar a bit ready for my next cycle, I went to the shops yesterday though and bought hubby a few treats, most were half priced which was good

Gl for your scan x

I'm feeling a little better, some days worse than others but taking one day at a time

Bib - I was out in the garden and cooking also, had dhs family over for lunch Friday and went out with my family up to a nice pub in the hills Easter Sunday. Hubs has been away but he gets back tonight

Hope your hubby is on the mend soon, glad u got him to stay home

sorry to to hear your mum hasn't been doing so well, enjoy the long w/e with her, that's great you both can go up together at least with driving u have a car to get around in, how far a drive is it?

MKR- bummed those girls r in the finals, rough night for the young girls last nite
    Last edited by Booboo78; 22-04-2014 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a lovely Easter. I have been reading hear and there. Just letting you know that I'm still thinking of you.

Precious, - I am so sorry about your blighted ovum. I wish these things didn't happen to us.

Emski, - Big Congrats to you and your DH for your BFP. You deserve it hun.

BinB, - lovely lady. I so enjoy reading your posts, how is the bump? Poking out much? I don't like the bits about your mum however, taking a turn for the worse and all. I hope she finds some comfort and joy from her two girls.

Booboo, - I hope your next cycle is the one for you.

Domi, - How is my fellow FNQer? Have you been back to the FS? I hope Ita wasn't too much of a pain for you! I miss it tremendously up there. I hope you are well!

I'm fine though It's funny, - I've gone from looking for bfp signs, to looking for menopause signs. Not that I know much about menopause.
    Trying to get thinking about all the prep I have to do to get back to work ... I go back in August, and it's coming around too quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Ladies..................

Mrs P: Well, Helloooo stranger!! It's so good to hear from you Luv!! I gather you're still in WA?? Have you settled in properly now?? How is DH and DS?? I bet he's getting big now? So, back to work hey?? You still have a few months up your sleeve to prepare yourself. Are you going back f/time or casual?? LOL to looking for Menopause signs!! Oh, the fun never stops for us women does it??

Dom hasn't checked in for ages. I do hope she's following along from the sidelines and all is ok with her. I miss her being here, am just hoping she's taking a bit of a sabbatical from the thread and will return eventually. Thanks for the kind thoughts about my mum. Am looking forward to spending time with her this weekend.

The Belly Bean is all good thanks Luv and she's starting to get into a regular pattern more often than not of when she's awake and when she's asleep (not that she's awake for long as she's still so little). I do have a wee bump now, but nothing major yet and still able to hide it under my clothes (depending on what I'm wearing). Am expecting to explode out any day now!!

Booboo: Well done on the sponge creation at Xmas Luv!! I haven't even attempted a sponge roll as yet..sounded delish!!! Good on you for keeping to your plan of cutting back the sugar. It's so hard sometimes especially now when all you're surrounded with is chocolate!! When I took DP to the GP yesterday I noticed all the choc was half price too and caved in and bought a bag of Cadbury eggs..those small solid one's thinking I would just ration them to myself over the coming days......yeah, right!!! They'll probably be gone by tonight!!!

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better girl. One day at a time is all you can do and it's often 2 steps forward and 1 back, so you're doing well. You'll get there in the end Luv You sound like you had a lovely Easter despite DH being away and the pub in the hills sounds like it would've been a beautiful place to be on Sun. Am assuming DH made it home in one piece too...Yay!!

Am not surprised those biatches made it into the finals, it makes for better television methinks!! They just better not win is all!!! It should only take about 5 hrs to drive to mum's depending on rest stops along the way (am already plotting where all the thunderboxes are along the way!!....just kidding!!) so not that far in the big scheme of things, but far enough that we can share the driving if needs be.

Precious: How are you doing Luv??? Thinking of you

Hello to all my other lovely ladies...Emski, Kenta, Dom and everyone else following along from the sidelines

AFM: OB appointment went well.....eventually The first OB I saw (who was a Registrar) was lovely!! Went through my history, he asked me questions, I discussed my concerns about my cervix etc and how I wanted to be monitored more closely because of that and my low lying placenta etc etc and he agree'd with me and said he'd go and discuss it with the OB on duty and bring him in then to see me so he could talk to me too.

After about 10 mins waiting (I had my student midwife with me who is "shadowing" me through the pregnancy and birth, so we were blah, blah, blahing while we waited), in walks the OB who would've been in his early 30's. He starts by telling me he doesn't feel there would be any benefit to monitoring my cerivix despite all my risk factors and the fact WDA told me himself that I am at high risk and part of the reason he kept me on until 14wks was to monitor that situation because of A,B,C that I was experiencing (and still am intermittently) and that I was to tell them up at the hospital that it needed to be monitored throughout the pregnancy.

Very quickly, a heated debate ensued between the OB and I, with me putting forward all my reasons and what WDA said etc,etc and trying to explain to him that I preferred to take the overcautious approach then the laidback approach of "crossing that bridge when you come to it" and that if my cervix was to shorten the only way we would know that had happened would be when I went into premature labour and that was an unacceptable outcome to me, not when we could monitor the situation, in a preventative context now and head it off at the pass, see it coming in advance if that's what was going to happen and that I had no intention of even getting close to that bridge, let alone crossing it!!

The he responded that even if my cervix was to shorten there was nothing he could do to stop it (which is BS...there are certain drug therapies that can be used to try to stop it, or a stitch could be put in etc, etc which I pointed out to him), told him that even if that was the case, I still wanted to know in advance if trouble was brewing and that given my placenta was low lying as well, if it were to not move up and instead cover or partially cover my cervix, then I would be at high risk of my cervix shortening (as well as bleeding etc) of which, I am already at high risk of happening and that granted, yes, most low lying placenta's do move up by the time baby is due, however, I was in the high risk group for it not to and for it to instead develop into Placenta Praevia/partial Praevia because I'm of advanced maternal age and this is an IVF pregnancy (which are 2 of a handful of risk factors for developing Placenta Praevia) and that, in conjunction with me being high risk for cervical shortening was a more than reasonable reason for me wanting extra monitoring during the rest of my pregnancy.

Backwards and forwards he and I went (and you could see he was starting to get really frustrated...that's ok, because he was really starting to pi$$ me off as well!!) debating each other...eventually, he revised his original opinion and decided that yes, there was justification to monitor the situation more closely. Then he said "so how often do you want to be monitored then??" and I told him I thought every 3-4wks was reasonable (according to my research) and he agreed and wrote a referral for me to have scans every 4 weeks starting at 24 weeks until I'm about 33 weeks (which is the right timeframe for cervical monitoring, according to my research, as from 33wks onwards will be when your cervix will start to efface and shorten naturally the closer you start getting to your due date) and he also took it upon himself to bump up my level of care to what they call the Tertiary Level as he's now classified the pregnancy as "High Risk" which means I'll be looked after by the OB's entirely from now on (which I'm hoping won't include him!!) until the Belly Bean is born starting at once a month appointments until I'm further along when they'll drop down to every 2 weeks then every week as per normal. Must say, I was pleasantly surprised I didn't have to ask him to do that!!

And just when I'd thought we were done and dusted, he brings up our request for an elective caesarean to deliver Belly Bean...I girded my loins expecting Round 2 to start between us (Ding-Ding!!...Are you ready to rumble???) knowing that if I heard even a syllable of opposition come out of his mouth, I was going to tear him a new one!! I was so over it by that stage, so tired and exhausted from going the first round with him, but no, he wanted to know our reasons for it, went through all the risks and benefits, trotted out the usual BS about how vaginal birth is best for mother and baby where possible, blah, blah, blah, and that if I was going to have more children, then it may not be the best choice ("Are you fkng kidding me??" I thought "I've just spent half a fkng hour explaining to you that this pregnancy will be my only one and that this baby is our only chance of being parents and how we'd been to hell and back to get her, how long it took, etc, etc....There will be no more fkng kids and no more fkng chances should something terrible happen to this baby, hence why I'm being so overly cautious about the whole thing including wanting a CS to deliver her!! FFS!! Did you even read my frigging file??") then told me he understood our reasons and that it wouldn't be opposed and that in fact, yes, we did have a choice and if that's what we wanted, that's what we'd get although I may find other OB's that I encounter along the way for the rest of the pregnancy won't agree with our choice, but at the end of the day, our choice had to be honoured even if other OB's try to talk us out of it etc,etc. He even noted in my file that a CS was to be scheduled.

I tell you Girls, I was absolutely exhausted after arguing the toss with that ar*e yesterday and I just didn't need the BS from him on top of everything else going on with my Mum etc. I'll take the word of WDA who's had over 30yrs experience as an OB over his yesterday who's lucky if he's had 5 as a fully qualified OB any day!! Just relieved he woke up to himself eventually and came around to my way of thinking!! Mind you, in all fairness, I wasn't going to back down and he knew it!!! So it's probably more of an accurate statement to say he caved in under my pressure!!! More importantly, Belly Bean is all good, heard her HB with the Doppler and it was good and strong which is always reassuring.

On a brighter note, DP went back to work today looking and feeling much better though he's still not 100% yet. Made him promise if he starts to go downhill in any way, shape or form, he'll come home. Will give him a call later on and check up on him just to make sure.

Ok my lovelies, must go and get ready to head off to work plus got to get things organised around here for when I head off on Fri morn for the weekend up to Mum's. Have a good day everyone and until next time............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 23-04-2014 at 09:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsP and thanks for the well wishes it's good to hear from you, how is your DS? What sort of work will u be getting back into , hope all goes well with that.

Bib those Cadbury eggs r the best , they had none left at the shops when I went Monday prob a good thing lol

Thanks for your kind words , your always so supportive of everyone u really will make a great mama

Sorry u had a rough time at the Ob apt, u must have left exhausted. Sometimes u wonder how much they do read before your apt. Glad to hear though in the end he agreed and belly bean is well

I just had to look up thunderboxes I had never heard of that lol, yes u must be going a lot more often now lol at least being in your own car u can stop as often as u like

dh and I are going to a degustation dinner tomorrow nite so that should be nice, I'll have to dress up a bit, haven't done that in a while, got the day off work too so at least we don't have to rush getting there as it's in a winery

Hi to everyone else x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Booboo: Oooh, the dinner sounds delish and glamming up for the night always makes you feel better I think And it's in a winery? Sounds so beautiful and just a tad romantic!! Can imagine sipping on some lovely local wines and tasting the delicacies on offer....sigh...Enjoy every minute of it with DH Luv and let your hair down!!

I've stayed away from the shops, so as to not tempt me to buy anymore of those bloody eggs!! But had to stop off at another shopping centre on the way home to grab some bits and pieces and ended up buying a packet of choc covered honeycomb instead!!! Bloody hopeless I am!!! Have gorged myself until I feel sick!! Time to knock it off methinks before I end up with Gestational Diabetes or something!!!

Had to LOL when I read you had to look up "Thunderboxes"...it's an old word allright and yep, I'm like a fountain these days especially at night You'll soon know what it's like Luv when you get your BFP!!!

Yes, I was exhausted when I left the other day. Was in there for well over an hour of which most of that was spent arguing with the OB!!! I haven't been sleeping well for the last few weeks anyway because of the situation with my Mum, so felt like I'd been run over by a bus by the time I got home. It's done now and hopefully I won't encounter him again

Ok lovely, better go, am driving up first thing in the morning with my sister and I still have to pack and do a few more things around here as well. DP is still unwell and I don't want him to have to do anything too much while I'm away but rest. He's been struggling the last couple of days at work and really shouldn't of gone, but they are short staffed as a lot of his colleagues are on holidays and he felt he didn't have much of a choice but to go. Anyhoo, am sure he'll be fully recovered by the time I get home, if not, it'll be back to the doctor's on Monday for him.

Big hello to all the other lovely ladies too...........

Until next time...................