+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Morning Domiffy girl.........

Got to love (hate more like!!!) the Godforsaken Crinone!!!! Other than that, how are you feeling today??? Yes, I guess the Pregnyl booster shots will throw things out POAS wise (though I've never had to do Pregnyl booster shots in any of my past cycles)....maybe you'll get other symptoms along the way that may hint at a BFP before BT??? Did you have any with your BFP in Dec??? Go hard on the kiwi fruit girl....can't hurt, can it????

I've never done prednisone, clexane or any of the other drugs that WDA has had me doing this cycle in any of my previous one's(although I did a lot of the same supplements he prescribed in my last cycle bar the Melatonin and DHEA for all the good it did....). This whole protocol is a first for me. My other 3 cycles were just your run of the mill Agonist (long down reg) with either Gonal-F or Puregon and Synarel...that's it. Before ET I used pessaries and afterwards used Crinone and that's all. So this is all very new to me. I don't have any known immune issues either, I think this protocol is a just "throw everything at it and cover all bases just in case" kind of thing.

Yes love, the trigger shot went fine. Snapped the tops off, divided the saline, mixed up, primed the syringe and in she went Was a bit stingy injecting the fluid in though, but just sucked it up and got on with it

AFM:.....

It's CD 11 today. Went and had my final blood test this morning and have been running around like a blue a r s e fly every since trying to get things sorted before EPU tomorrow. Rang WDA's rooms just before and got blood test results from yesterday and Endo Scratch results from a couple of weeks back when I had all those procedures done.

Anyhoo......the endo results are all clear and nothing wrong there which I wasn't anticipating there to be. Still a relief to know I've got no issues in my oven. My CD10 blood results from yesterday are: E2: 5515, P4: 3.9 and my LH is <1.

Again, I appreciate the encouragement and well wishes. I really hope you're right r.e."stellar egg haul" Yes, as you can see, my anxiety levels have dialled up a notch!!! Will ring back WDA's rooms early this arvo for todays results then I'll be back for an update ok girl????
    You must be due for some more by now, so there you go!!!! Don't drive yourself too insane surfing the net ok love??? LOL...... Post an update later

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-06-2013 at 11:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Domiffy and Mrs P.........

Have not long got off the phone with FN Kate from WDA's rooms. Today's blood results are in.... E2:5383, LH: <1 and P4:10.6 Of course, the P4 level's sent me over the edge stress-wise, but then Kate got on the phone and explained to me that the levels always rise after trigger injection and as long as they are <6 before trigger (which is what he likes....my old FS liked it to be <4 but anyhoo...I digress... mine were 3.9 for the record) all's good.....Thank God!!!! Was freaking out!!! I told her I was concerned that the E2 levels had dropped slightly since yesterday, but she said that it's normal for E2 levels to fluctuate and there were no concerns there. WDA had seen my results and was happy so stop worrying If it was only so easy!!! Feel like I'm walking a tightrope emotionally at the moment. Can't wait to be knocked out for EPU tomorrow!!! At least my brain will get a break for a while (and I'll finally get some sleep)

I'm relieved to see that my E2 levels have increased since they were first tested on CD8:3320, CD10: 5515 and today CD11: 5383
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried anymore about having the same sh*# result as last time, but it's in the hands of the Fertility Gods and the Universe now. Just have to hope for the best

Ok girls, just wanted to keep you updated......See you on the other side
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-06-2013 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blonde, - I wish I could help you stop worrying, but I know how nerve wrecking this whole process is, so all I can say is;

Breath in, - - - - -, Hold - - - -, Breath out, - - - - -!

And that I'm keeping everything crossed that you get a good, healthy, haul.

And that you Dom, have some lovely, growing, sticky embies getting very comfy in there..

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P.......

Hahahaha!!! Yes, will definately do the breathing excercises you recommend!!! Must say, it was a nice change to not have to do any injections today though I still had to keep taking all the other pills, patches and supplements (bar the Melatonin). Another medication called Feldene was introduced to the regime too. One caps a day in the morning. I think I recommence the clexane tomorrow or the next day but will fill you in when I get my orders from the nurse tomorrow when she discharges me.

Apparently I'm going in first tomorrow, then DP is going for his PESA/TESA an hour after me. It was the other way with my old FS when we did the TESA the first time. I think that was because my previous FS wanted to make sure there was sperm there to begin with. This time they want to make sure there's viable eggs....

Am trying to keep my anxiety to a bare minimum, am really bl**dy tired, but no doubt will barely sleep a wink.....Yep, this whole thing is one big stress from start to finish.....but I'm thankful I've got you and Domiffy to keep me sane!!!

I hope everything's going ok with you and I thank you again for your support and kind words. It would've been a whole lot worse for me if I didn't have you and Domiffy to share with and was still all alone on this thread..... Will try to update you both tomorrow, if not definately Wed after I receive the fertilisation reports......

Until then Mrs P..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    No rush BinB, - Just take care of yourself. We'll still be here when you get back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nighty night BinB… just a little post late in the day to wish you and DH all the very best quality for tomorrow. Wonderful news about the all clear on your oven – even though you weren’t expecting anything it’s great to have it confirmed – especially before ET later this week. And yes, there is no doubt in my mind there will be a couple of lovely blasts popped back in that pristine oven of yours before the week is out and a few to stick in the freezer for later .

You’ve had a nice rise in the E2 since day 8 and everything else is where it should be… WDA would have no hesitation in cancelling if he was concerned about your bloodwork – so try not to stress but yeah much easier said than done. I know all about the emotional tightrope you’re walking and throw some insomnia into the mix and it makes things even more challenging.

I found this stim cycle much more angst ridden than the first two last year – just feels like so much is at stake but as you say it’s in the hands of the fertility gods now, bring on general a. tomorrow – woo hoo… I do think that all the extra pre and post transfer drugs make a big difference and that’s how WDA gets a lot of his patients over the line so keep on embracing the pills and potions….

AFM… Happy to say that I have felt fantastic the last couple of days – really positive and my head is in a good place. I think it is partly from being home again and partly the sheer relief of getting those little guys out of the dish and inside me. As for my BFP symptoms last year it was so hard to tell. I was on progesterone and the pregnyl boosters so I just put the big boobs, bloating, constipation, hot flashes down to that. I had no implantation bleeding, cramping or nausea – the one tiny thing I did have was during my ‘implantation window’ acupuncture session I asked the universe for a sign that implantation was happening and about 10 seconds later I felt two distinct twinges somewhere near my right ovary. Which I of course dismissed as just some random twitch. I’m hard to please. Ask for a sign, get a sign, then don’t believe it anyway.

Anyhoo… girl that’s all for now. Update when you feel like it - as Mrs P has said there is no rush and we will still be here when you get back. Again, a huge thanks to you and Mrs P for all your wonderful support as well. It has meant so much to me.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 04-06-2013 at 00:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Domiffy and Mrs P...............

Well, I've made it through to the other side alive!!! I'm a bit sore which is par for the course, but other than that, all good. WDA collected 7 eggs ("the other one eluded me, I couldn't find it...but the others released from the follicles very easily" he said. No doubt it was stuck to the follicle wall and therefore was no good so that's fine). WDA got enough sperm from DP to freeze again although he had no luck from the epididymis nor the vans deferens (didn't know he was going to try there!!!) so in the end, TESA'd him. On the upside, we can now pinpoint with more accuracy where the blockage in DP's reproductive tract most probably is.

Before I was knocked out (after explaining what happened at my last EPU) I asked the scientist in the operating theatre if he would be able to identify whether my eggs were mature straight after collection and he said "Yep, I'll know pretty much then but will be able to give you a preliminary report in about an hour or so's time, so will send someone out to talk to you then" Was happy with that and went off to sleep. While DP and I were in the recovery area later on drinking our cuppa's and munching on our biscuits the scientist came to give us our report.....and lo and behold, who should walk in the door, but my previous FS's scientist (who incidentally works in both labs). I was so happy to see him and him me, there were hugs all round and he said when he saw our names he volunteer'd to come and speak to us. He told me that out of the 7 eggs collected, 6 were fully mature and that their quality (based on our other cycles which he knows well as he was the one at collection and who ICSI'd my eggs) were of better quality than the others in my previous cycles and that in the past my eggs weren't always fully mature and were having to mature up in the lab blah blah, blah but this time they were graded fully mature from the start He also went on to say DP's sperm was just as good if not slightly better than last time and that the motility was slightly better too (his motility at his last TESA collection was well above the average of what they expect TESA sperm to look like) so looks like all those supplements I've been giving him at WDA's request have paid off!!! Of course, whether this translates to better quality embryo's (should all go well) remains to be seen (which scientist agree's with).

Now, of course, the next hurdle is fertilisation. Will know around 10am tomorrow morning how we've gone. If all goes well, WDA is going to do a Day 6 transfer (because they're not open on Sunday...FFS!!!) on 10/6....WTF!!! He said he does them all the time and is nothing to worry about....Like Hell!!!... Just when one lot of stress dissipates, the next lot kick's in!!!! I'm to resume all my medications (bar the Melatonin) pill/patch wise today (no injections, start the dreaded Clexane up again tomorrow) and WDA's has introduced a new drug called Ralovera to the regime. Also I'm to increase the Progynova from tomorrow to 8 tabs a day. I'll also be taking (for the next 3 days from tomorrow) 4xProgesterone Pessaries (don't start Crinone for another 4 days, then it's 1xpessary and Crinone 2x a day). I'll also be taking 3x Pregnyl booster injections (same as you Domiffy girl)....one on the 9/6, the 12/6 and the 16/6.....Lord, there seems no end in sight!!!!

Domiffy love.....am so pleased to read you're feeling happy and you're in a good headspace right now. That can only help. Yes, is so hard to know symptom-wise whether it's from the progesterone or genuine pregnancy and now with the frigging Pregnyl thrown in, will have to wait for BT to be sure (unless the dreaded AF arrives beforehand which happened 14dpo for me on my last 2 cycles)!!!! Nevertheless, am keeping my all the way for you girl!!!! And here's today's helping of for you!!! LOL...I hear you on the "sign" thing....I'm always second guessing myself too when it comes to this IVF caper!!!

OK, am off to rest a bit more and make sure DP's still in one piece....(one sore and sorry piece that is!!!!!) Be back tomorrow with fertilisation results.....Thanks again Mrs P and Domiffy for all your support/ecouragement/kind words..... for you both!!!!

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-06-2013 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH BinB… that is the best news. I was so nervous when I came home this evening to check on you, my little heart was pounding with anticipation. 6 lovely mature eggs and some good stuff from DP I am beyond happy for you . Everything is looking great for fertilisation tomorrow and some beautiful blasties later this week . So so so happy for you. I can feel it in my bones and reckon your little miracle is just around the corner.

Must have been so nice to see your old embryologist and have the continuity of him knowing your journey. Drugs all sound identical to my schedule and I took your advice way back in this thread and set up a spreadsheet to keep track which has made life easier. You know you are in my thoughts and prayers.... to you my dear.

AFM... nothing much to report here still happily buzzing along... just trying to keep busy and off google... we're renovating (nesting) at the moment so have been checking out bamboo flooring, benchtops and bathroom tiles... lunch tomorrow with a good friend and maybe a flick in the afternoon. TBH so far I've found this TWW much easier than before but tis still early days and that may change the closer I get to the pointy end of things.

Til tomorrow.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hello Domiffy Girl.......

Apologies for taking so long to post today. Have had major "iss-you's" with our home PC. DP been on the frigging thing all day fixing it!!! FFS!!!! Was so annoyed as I was busting to get on here and post an update......(and not in a good way....).

It's not great news I'm afraid Only 3 of my 6 eggs fertilised. The other 3 didn't survive the ICSI process. Kate told me this morning when the scientist "needled" those 3 eggs, they disintegrated Apparently, although the eggs were mature at collection, when the scientist washed them etc to prepare them to be ICSI'd he saw some slight discolouration in the middle of them....then when he "needled" them....Kaboom!!!!!!....So obviously, the quality of those eggs were sh#@

As you can imagine, one the one hand, I was incredibly upset, disappointed, disheartened and just plain scared for the rest of them to be honest. On the other, I was grateful that we have 3 that have fertilised and now all we can hope is that these 3 have got what it takes to go the distance. The only good thing about the computer being on the blink all day is that I've had time to process this situation and put it all into perspective again. Logically, I understand that at my age, the majority of the eggs I have left are crap and the objective is to try and hopefully succeed in obtaining some "good" one's at EPU. And logically speaking, that's seemingly what's happened here . Emotionally, on the other hand, is a completely different kettle of fish!!......
    As you know love, only time will tell. Yet more sleepless night's ahead....... Am going to try to take a leaf out of your book love and think positively, everything I have and start praying to everyone and everything. As per the drill, I'll be ringing in the morning to see if they've survived to fight another day. Kate said WDA's will reassess things on Day 3 (Fri) r.e. ET and decide then whether to transfer on Sat or Mon. Am concerned doing a Day 4 transfer as they are at an important stage of their development and I don't feel that they should be disturbed so to speak while they're undergoing the change from embryo to blastocyst. Plus I won't know what kind of quality they are if they are at the compacting Morula stage which is where they should be if all goes well on Day 4. I need to know their quality (if they even survive until then) so DP and I can make a decision on whether to transfer 2 or 3. It pi^*es me off they're not open Sunday to do transfers....frigging ridiculous!!! What do you think love?? I think I should just dial it down and chill out...am getting too far ahead of myself

DP and I have pulled up fine today (although DP's "crown jewel's" are bruised black and blue and he says he feels like he's "been kicked in the...." you get my drift....LOL...just kidding!! Poor bugger!!) Despite feeling tender in his lower abdominal area (above the groin), he's pronounced himself fit to return to work tomorrow. AFM...... The bleeding's all but gone. Am a little tender and sore internally but that's to be expected. I'm feeling really bloated though and like I'm retaining fluid or constipated or something???? and my breasts are slightly tender from the Progynova. Yep, sounds like you and I are on the same "kitchen sink" protocol of drugs. .

Love, it's great to see that you're humming along nicely...great that the renovation's are keeping you occupied (at least temporarily) Hope you had a lovely day with your friend and had a yummy lunch. What movie did you see??? Yes, enjoy the calm before the storm!!!

Ok girl, just a quick update to let you and Mrs P...(I haven't forgotten about you either Mrs P....hope you're keeping well) know what the go is. Will be back tomorrow after I've called and found out where we're at. Am so nervous and feel sick to my stomach with dread and stress and worry....I know there's nothing I can do to change the outcome....it's in the lap of the Fertility Gods and I feel guilty for being so faithless in DP and I's sperm and eggs....am just feeling so discouraged right now...I don't dare to hope, I really don't, but nevertheless am going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.........

You're in my thoughts and prayers too love......Until tomorrow girl, take care and here's some more for you and I'll add a few for me too...Christ know's mine need all the help they can get at this stage in the game.....sigh....sometimes I really loathe this frigging IVF sh*&!!!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-06-2013 at 18:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh BinB, - I'm so sorry that you lost three. I hope the other 3 are powering along now, and that you get them to day 5 looking perfect.

Dom, - I'm glad you are doing fine, and keeping busy. I just want to let you know I got your reply, and thank you so so much for writing it. I am very undecided ATM.

I haven't posted In any thread much the past few days because I've been sick, but I've been reading, and sending lots of good vibes your way. I am wishing on all the stars that you girls are successful over the next few weeks.

Well good night, I'm in bed on my phone, so ill stop hear. Looking forward to some better news tomorrow.

mrsP...