+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For a min thought it was thurs, sorry to hear u have had AF type pains, praying AF stays well away. Hopefully it's stretching going on and embie is settling in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish it was Thursday xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Precious: How have you pulled up this morning Luv?? Those AF pains can be quite normal early on when you're Preggo with all the stretching, etc that's going on in your oven. that's all it is. Good Luck with your BT this morning, I'm thinking of you and sending your way hoping those numbers have risen like they should Be looking out for your update Luv.

Booboo: Shoes breaking right when you don't want them to..what a pain in the bum!! Yay for your work friend having a spare, even if you did have to walk around lopsided for the day!! A spare pair of something in the bag is a good idea too Luv.

No, I didn't put on any weight taking the DHEA/Melatonin. Just got hairier around the face/lip area (go the NADS hair removal cream!!) and at first the DHEA gave me insomnia (which the Melatonin cancelled out by knocking me out of a nighttime) and made me feel quite moody and snappy initially but it soon passed thankfully (I'm sure the motorists of Brisbane felt the same....just one or two "Road Raging" incidents)

The mornings have started to get that cool feeling to them now which is lovely. Not long until your DH is home again. Must be so difficult sometimes to have him working away?? Just think, when he comes home, you'll be a week closer to starting your next cycle!!!.

Emski: Hello Luv....saw over on the other thread (and from reading your blog), you got the "2 week Crazie's" happening!!! It's "Symptom Spotting City" by the sounds of it!! Fancy POAS that early Luv!!! You know better than that!!! Reckon you could try again in a couple of days and see how you go?? Hope you and your DH have a safe trip home girl!!! and

AFM: Unfortunately, Mum's appointment did not go well. She was hospitalised (she's still there now) and had to have yet more blood transfusions and the doctor has run a battery of tests to see what the go is My sister has e-mailed the Oncologist down here to get some answers and the Doctor up there looking after Mum is going to ph my sister after test results come in (or so she reckon's, but we've seen how good they are at following through, so not holding my breath!!)

Am off to the GP this morning just to get the once over and check on the Belly Bean. Been having pains again (think it's mainly a combination of stress and just the usual Round Ligament Pain) but my worry is the pain that I get in my cervix (WDA says I'm high risk for cervical shortening) which has started up again too. Could all just be a coinicidence that it's happening now, but just want to make sure everything is ok and ask would it be ok to fly up to be with my Mum if needs be.

Hospital rang yesterday afternoon and my 20 week morphology scan is booked in for late next week (I'll be 19 weeks which is apparently ok as they do them up there between 18-20 weeks) and it so happens that my DP will be able to attend too as he's having an RDO that day himself. When I spoke to the midwife the other day regarding this upcoming scan, I asked her to make sure they check my cervix when I have it done (which they do apparently), and after looking at my file and discussing my history with her, she's moved my OB appointment forward so that he/she can decide what they want to do to keep an eye on things from here on in. The usual course of action is to have regular vaginal scans to monitor the cervix as they give a more accurate measurement than an abdominal scan, but who knows how they'll want to play it up there??

OK Girls, must go. Got a bit to do today. Take care everyone and until next time............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-04-2014 at 06:22.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

BT today.
    HCG 1200. I'm ecstatic
    slow and steady wins the race hopefully . Six weeks yesterday
    wow. This sure is doing my head in
    back Monday for another BT. Hope it's still rising
    hugs to all u lovely ladies xx
    You ladies are awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been lucky in that dept bib and have not had to get the nads out lol sometimes I wonder though what's it really doing to me, I did ask nurse about whether I needed to be be tested to see how my dhea levels were at after a certain time of being on it but she said it wasn't needed, I read on the side affects that it can include weight gain - I def have put on struggling to get into my jeans and other things that's the least of my worries though

It is hard sometimes when dh is away bib thankfully I have my 2 fur balls to keep me company - we have 2 very spoilt ragdoll cats

Sorry to hear your mum was hospitalised bib, will she be there a good few days? Hope u get some answers soon luv xo

How did your apt go this morning to see belly bean hope all went well. What's cervical shortening caused from?

Precious that's the best news, what a jump in nos. so happy for u hun
    Have a good w/e all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Precious that's such great news - it's so stressful when the betas don't do what they should initially isn't it. Hopefully from here on in it will be smooth sailing for you!

Bib sorry to hear your mum is in hospital - you sound like such a good daughter and if your support of us here in this little thread is anything to go by, you would be an absolute rock for your mum I'm sure. Hang in there lovely.

Hi to Kenta, MrsP, Domiffy and our other ladies - sorry I've been sporadic but was totally caught up in our cycle overseas. We just arrived home last night at about 6pm and now I am jetlagged and can't get to sleep at the proper time - but the good news is I got a squinter last night at 10dpo... will test again a bit later today if I can get a good run of sleep or if not I'll just test again at the same time. My boobs feel heavy and hot (DH said 'your boobs are always hot!' lol) and I've had a few other tell tale signs like flushed rosy cheeks and cramping on and off for the whole plane flight. So things are looking good. But after my last awful Beta experience I"m not getting too ahead of myself just yet.

Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Ladies...............

Precious: Hooray for your HCG levels!!! They are rising like they should be, so that's such a great sign I have no doubt it will have risen even more by Monday Luv Is your FS going to do another scan then?? He definitely should be able to see a gestational sac at the very least by Monday. and to you girl, I'll be thinking of you!!

Booboo: Yes Luv, don't worry about the weight gain. It's all part and parcel of this whole IVF rollercoaster, and is no doubt just bloating and fluid retention. I had my DHEA levels tested before I started my last cycle, and unsurprisingly, they were through the roof!! When I queried with my FS about possible adverse effects it may have to my upcoming cycle, he wasn't concerned (and my BFP proved it too).

There are a number of risk factors that may cause cervical shortening. Congenital conditions (uterine abnormalities, genetic disorders, exposure to DES), Obstetric trauma (such as sustaining a cervical tear during a previous birth), Trauma to the cervix sustained from previous cervical procedures (cone biopsies, LEEP procedure, D&C's, D&E's, cervical biopsies, prior excessive or rapid dilation with instruments etc), one or more premature births or miscarriages in the second or third trimester and also if you have an unusually short cervix to begin with. For me, my risk factors are caused by previous trauma to the cervix from different surgical procedures. Doesn't mean it will happen to me or any other woman, just that you're at an increased risk so your cervix should be monitored a bit more carefully while you're preggo is all

Aww, your furball's sound so cute!! At least with them you're not so lonely when you're DH is away working. bet they do all sorts of weird and whacky things too!!!

Emski: for your squinter last night!!! How's the line today? I feel a BFP coming on for you!!! Luv, absolutely nothing about this cycle is the same as last time and what you and your DH experienced is not going to happen again do you hear me?? Ok, I can't guarantee that, but it's highly improbable that it would. My gut feeling tell's me these emby's are good and I expect to hear that your line is steadily getting darker over the coming days!! When you going for BT by the way?? Monday??

Am so glad to hear you both made it home safely too. Bloody jetlag!! Pity you can't take any Melatonin capsules and knock yourself out!! LOFL r.e. your DH's boob comment!! He knows the right things to say!!!

Hello to Kenta, Mrs P, Domiffy and any other ladies following along from the sidelines.

AFM: Mum's still in hospital, tests still being run although she did call me briefly yesterday to tell me the blood transfusions had made her feel a little better. My sister's been furiously e-mailing some of Mum's doctors, talking to others and sorting out community nursing for when she comes home. That's only temporary for now as I know when she starts to get really bad, she'll come back down here to us so we can all look after her But for now, she wants to stay in her own home for as long as possible.

Appointment with GP went well. My usual doctor was away, so saw my back-up GP instead who has known me for just as long and see's me on the odd occasion such as yesterday. Heard Belly Bean's heartbeat on the Doppler which was nice and strong, had my urine tested for sugars, proteins just in case of infection (which was all good) and got told its ok to fly and it's just more of the same pain from pressure on the cervix and uterus, etc growing. If it gets any worse or I start spotting or develop a fever etc, go straight to hospital. Just common sense stuff really.

Ok, must go for now girls. Hope you all have a great day and a lovely weekend whatever it is you're doing and I'll be looking out for your updates. Thank-you all for you kind thoughts and wishes regarding my mum, I really appreciate it.

Until next time...............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-04-2014 at 07:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds promising emski, hope u see those darker lines very soon & fx this is it for you. Hope u r feeling better after the jet lag, I know how that feels we did perth - UK a few times.
    That's reassuring bib I was starting to worry a bit about the dhea. With the weight gain I'm not fussed too much at the end of the day I'm eating pretty healthy. Sorry to hear your mum is still in hospital, hope u get more answers soon. It's good that the transfusions made her feel a little better. Glad to hear your apt went well and u got to hear belly bean
    Last edited by Booboo78; 04-04-2014 at 20:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Ladies..........

Booboo: Yes, don't let it worry you. You'll be right Luv: You'll probably lose it all anyway when you get your BFP and MS kicks in!! Am counting down the days until you start girl and feeling excited and hopeful for you and your DH!!

Emski: How is that line looking now Luv?? I had a look at your pic on your blog and that's a BFP if ever I saw one girlfriend!!! (am holding off the "celebrate" icon here until it's confirmed when you have your BT) I understand why you and your DH are being cautious, we were the same too after getting the Chem in Cycle 1 but I'm confident all will be well for you both this time Will be stalking the thread looking for your updates!!

Precious: How you going Girl?? Any preggo symptoms happening yet with that rising HCG of yours?? I've held off going nuts celebrating your BFP until you say it's definitely a BFP if you know what I mean?? Has your FS confirmed it yet or is he reserving judgement for now until he does more BT's and scan's??

Hello to all the other lovely ladies out there too

AFM: Spoke to my sister yesterday and after she'd spoken with Mum's doctors etc and it seems that nothing more can be done for my Mum and it's now a matter of implementing palliative care measures and making her comfortable Any life extending treatments would be of no benefit to her anymore as the cancer has rapidly progressed to the point that the Dr is talking about weeks to a month, maybe only slightly more, of life left for my Mum

My sister has organised the palliative care in-home nurses to come out to see my mum everyday when she goes home from hospital (which is looking like Tues at this point) as she doesn't want to come down here and wants to stay in her own home (she has my stepfather and other relatives who live up there, so she's definitely not on her own, which we wouldn't allow anyway) which my sisters and I fully support and respect if that's what she wants. It makes it more difficult for us to deal with as we can't be with her everyday at this moment in time, but we are all working furiously to clear our schedules so we can all go up and be with her asap.

I'm looking at going up there to be with her after I have the morph scan done at the end of next week (it has to be done at a certain time in the pregnancy, there's just no way for me to reschedule) and then I have my first OB appointment towards the end of the month which I could reschedule if needs be and as long as my cervix is behaving itself but will cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

Am off this morning to watch my nephew play soccer as the season has started again for him (he's my older sisters boy who's almost 15), so will talk more with her then about what we're going to do. She would of also have spoken to the nurses on the ward etc as well, so will see how Mum is doing this morning (no bloody reception to call or txt Mum in that hospital).

On a brighter note, Belly Bean has been more active over the last couple of days and her movements are getting stronger now. She's still too small for me to differentiate whether I'm feeling kicks, punches or whatever....just easier to know for certain now that it is her doing her stuff!!

Ok my lovelies, must go for now. Apologies for the downer of a post too. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and until next time..............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-04-2014 at 06:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,
    Thanks boo boo and BiB for the well wishes.
    I CAN'T BLODY SLEEP!! Seriously... I slept for about 2 hours yesterday arvo, then from 11pm til 1 am and have been wide awake since!
    I was just feeling sleepy and went to the loo before going to the bedroom wiped and there was pink on the loo paper so of course I've been stressing about that ever since
    I'm 6dp5dt now and hpts are darker... but really hope it's not a chemical or something? Gah... just let me have a normal preggo experience!
    BiB, I need one of your famous pep talks!