+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Ladies.................

Precious: with BT today. Am keeping everything that this is it for you and you get your BFP!!! If you've managed to hold off POAS before your test, I take my hat off to you, you're a stronger woman than I!!! Will look out for your update Luv.

Booboo: Good to have DH home again for a while I'll bet. Good luck to you too girl at your FS's appointment today. Be good to get the in's and out's of your upcoming Cycle finalised and before you know it, it'll be all systems go!!

Yes Luv, only the childless not by choice know how it feels to be childless. It's never as hard for the women who already have a child/children to maybe not be able to conceive subsequent kids although I do concede their desire for a second, third etc child may be as strong as it was for the first. Nevertheless, at least if they can't have anymore for whatever reason, they'll always have the one(s) they've already got.

Many women wouldn't see that as any kind of consolation, but it is when the alternative is never even getting one which for most of us who are having difficulty conceiving (especially us IVF'ers) would be more than enough. Anyhoo, that's my 2 cents worth

Emski: You packed and ready to go Luv??? Am so excited for you and your DH!!! girl and to a successful trip!!!

Hello to all the other lovely ladies....Kenta, Mrs P and Domiffy

AFM: Yes Booboo, it is very confusing regarding what's happening with mum. We won't be there for the meeting tomorrow, will get a phone call afterward sometime with the verdict on what they're planning (or not planning) to do. Mum is ok, though she tires easily and has pain in her back and sides every day. Her appetite is down as she feels sick often after eating So definitely, something's wrong, as she wasn't this way as little as 4 months ago, the only question is what??

Am excited to see the Belly Bean again today although there's always that underlying anxiety inside me of "what if something's wrong when we do the scan??". I wish I could banish those thoughts and feelings entirely, but I can't and have felt this way before every scan I've had so far. I really pi$$ myself off at times I can tell you!!

Anyhoo Girls, must go, got to do a little bit of domestic drudgery, do the grocery shopping and run some other errands before I head off for this scan. Have a great day everyone and until next time..............

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been dreading the phone call all day. I finally made it....
    And its inconclusive 12.7!! So it means nothing the nurse says. Come back on Friday for BT. Pretend today didn't exist
    OMG. I am Sooo freaking out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope u get some answers about your mum soon bib. How's little jelly bean hope the scan went well
    precious have no idea what the nos should be but maybe u implanted late ? Will be keeping my fx for u, hope the next 2 days go quick for u and u hear some good news soon
    had FS apt today dh couldn't make it as flight was cancelled but is now home
    i asked about the Saizen he said it was up to me, saying there isn't enough research to say it will really help but was worth a go
    He said I could do a long cycle, do u still call on cd 1? It just takes additional 2 weeks from what he said
    He will let us do a 3dt if we wish however strongly prefers 5dt as he says if they reach blastocyst stage they r more likely to make it, also at 5dt it's a more natural time for when it should be back in the uterus
    Looks like I'll be on Menopur and Orgalutran this next round, now I'm confused whether to do the Saizen and whether to push for a 3dt, I just don't know anymore, maybe just leave it this round and hope for the best with the other changes we have made, feeling rather flat today

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Ladies................

Precious: Well, what a mindf*ck hey girl?? The good thing is that something is happening or has happened, the question is what?? BFP or Chemical??? I know at my clinic, HCG needs to be at least at 50 to call it a BFP. It could go either way. I'm keeping and piling on the that those numbers increase and you get your BFP on Fri. Here's a because I know it's going to be a anxious and stressful couple of days for you.

Booboo: I was quite used to flying solo at FS's appointments due to my DP's work commitments, but I'm glad to hear that your DH is finally home safe and sound. Regarding the Saizen, unfortunately it's one of those things that you won't know if it's going to make any difference until you try it.

For some women, it makes no discernible difference (like me, I tried it in cycle 4), but others swear by it, so what you have to decide is if you'll see if the Menopur and all the supplements you've been taking are enough to get you over the line this Cycle in terms of egg quality or will you try to stack the decks further, so to speak, by adding in the Saizen??? There's no right or wrong Luv, it's up to you.

As to whether you do a 3dt or a 5dt transfer is perhaps better left to decide once you and your DH know how many embryo's you have to play with. Yes, your FS is right in his observations about why he prefers to grow them out until day 5, however, growing them out until blastocyst is also a selection technique the embryologists use to decide which is the best embryo/embryo's to transfer and/or freeze.

If you don't end up with a fairly decent amount of embryo's to culture (say 5 or more in my opinion), it may not be worth growing them out until day 5 and a day 3 transfer may be more suitable (the remaining embryo's...depending on how many you have....can always be then grown out until day 5 and frozen if they're good enough), though I've read here on other threads of many ladies who had less than 5 embryo's and grew them out until day 5. So really, it will be up to you and your DH to decide closer to the time what you both feel comfortable doing.

As you know, my Belly Bean was a 3dt (and God knows, I've tried them all bar a day 6 transfer) though that's not the reason I think we were successful this time. I believe if an embryo is genetically competent (i.e. chromosomally normal and healthy), it will continue to grow,implant and develop into a healthy baby regardless of the day you transfer it. That's the conclusion I've come to anyway right or wrong.

Yes, you and your DH have decisions to make, but try not to let it all overwhelm you girl. Some decisions can be made prior to starting your cycle and others can be left until after EPU if you prefer. Either way, good luck Luv, and like I said earlier, there's no right or wrong, just what's right or wrong for you both

When you say you're doing a "long cycle" do you mean a long down-regulated cycle where you start sniffing Synarel on CD21?? If so, then yes, when AF arrives, call your clinic. If not, then I'm not too sure what you mean??? More information please...LOL.

Emski: Bon Voyage Luv, here's to a safe and successful trip for you and your DH!! and girl!! I'll be watching Oh, and Happy Birthday for yesterday too girl!! (just saw that on your blog), hope you had a great day and I bet I know what your birthday wish was??? LOL I bloody well hope you get it too!!!

Big Hello to Kenta, Mrs P and Domiffy.

AFM: Scan went really well yesterday. Of course, the first thing I look for is her heart beating and once I zero in on that on the screen, I can relax She put on quite a show for us all and was extremely active (no doubt due to the big, fat, caramel frappe...no cream, not topping....lol...I had on the way over to wake her up!!!).

She had her thumb in her mouth to begin with and at one stage was holding on to her umbilical cord. She was stretching her back and her tummy upwards and out. Kicking her legs and waving her arms about. She turned over and around and was resting the side of her face against the wall of my uterus which she was also pushing with her hand and foot

All her bits and pieces were really clearly seen right down to the expressions on her face, though she does still look a bit alien-like on the 3D pictures as her eyes aren't quite in their final position yet. Mum absolutely loved it, never having seen anything like that before and I got an extra copy of the session recorded onto a dvd for her to watch whenever she likes. DP was at work, but watched our dvd copy when he got home and was thrilled.

"Big Wigs" at hospital have their meeting about mum today. Have to wait for a ph call to come through after they've decided what the next course of action is (if any). Hoping there's something they can do to give her some more time. Other than that, another day of running errands etc for me. Ok Girls, must go for now. Take care and until next time..................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-03-2014 at 13:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes meant long down regulated cycle bib, I wasn't sure exactly how it works, u hear some r on the pill before hand
    Still thinking about the Saizen but prob won't this time, dhs bill came in for the TESA that's another $1000.00 to pay
    Emski sending u lots of baby dust, happy birthday hope u get the best present anyone can ask for
    precious thinking of u fx for good news tomorrow
    Glad to hear little one is doing so well bib, must be amazing seeing her on the screen doing her little tricks
    have u started buying things yet? That would be so much fun
    Still feeling flat, I didn't say yesterday but wish our FS was a bit more supportive/compassionate, just didn't like his attitude the other day! In a way I'm glad dh wasn't there!

Have a good w/e all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Ladies.............

Booboo: I'm sorry that you're still feeling a bit flat Luv Even sorrier to see that your FS wasn't as supportive/compassionate as he should be. You know from previous posts what I think of unsupportive FS's considering the amount of money we pay them!!

However, I am glad to see that he's willing to try new protocols/regimes for you which is encouraging, as I'd be concerned if he just wanted to keep on going round and round doing the "same old, same old" (like my previous FS, which is one of the reasons I went elsewhere....lovely man but was too conservative in his approach). Anyhoo, I digress.....where was I?? Oh yes, new protocols/regimes.

I think trying the long, down-regulated protocol can't hurt and you may find you respond better to it that your short antagonist cycles. Trying this approach combined with the Menopur and all the other supplements you've been taking will hopefully get you over the line this time. Completely understand about giving Saizen a miss. Yep, know all about TESA bills My DP had the procedure done twice (we only ever got 3 vials to freeze each time), but you guys have got plenty on ice to use, so shouldn't have to have the procedure repeated

I did a long down-regulated protocol for my first 3 Cycles. I never had to go on the pill first, just started sniffing Synarel twice a day from CD21, waited for AF to arrive (the Synarel can make it late just so you know if you end up sniffing it), called the clinic on CD1 and started jabbing from CD2 onwards (whilst still sniffing the Synarel twice a day which stopped me from "O'ing") until trigger injection. I see your FS has given you the Orgalutran to stop you "O'ing" which is fine too.

Yes, I've bought a few bits and bobs for the Belly Bean, but we've been incredibly lucky to have been given quite a lot of stuff from my younger sister who kept it all after my nephew was born (they had plans on having second child down the track, but have since decided one's enough), so thankfully, there won't be too much we have to get as we're on an incredibly tight budget after near bankrupting ourselves doing all these Cycles (plus the added costs of TESA procedures, supplements, etc , etc....all us IVF'ers know what I'm talking about) to get her in the first place!!! And yes, it is totally amazing to see her doing her thing as I still don't really feel preggo (still fitting into all my clothes, bra's etc and barely showing) so seeing her when I have a scan reassures me that yes, indeed, I am preggo and all's well with her etc although I'm pretty sure I've started to feel some movement from her (and if it is, I started feeling it just before 16wks), just not sure if the "popping" sensations I've been feeling are her or something else?? Won't be long before I know with absolute certainty it is her

Did your FS mention if they'd had a look at any of your DP's sperm from the TESA procedure to assess for quality etc?? I don't think it's something that they usually do, just pick the best one's on the day, but seeing as they were going straight to freeze, just wondered if they had a bit of a look at them beforehand??

Precious: Good luck for today girl!!! Am keeping everything those numbers have risen and you get your BFP!!!!

Hello to all the other ladies....Emski, Kenta, Mrs P and Domiffy

AFM: Still waiting on the ph call from the doctor regarding mum's next course of action. Am a little pi$$ed off to be honest after being told she would get a call with the verdict after the meeting had ended. I know they're incredibly busy, I understand that, just appreciate people following through when they've said they're going to do something.

Anyhoo, am hoping we'll hear something today. Got a family dinner to go to tonight and another extended family get together tomorrow afternoon before mum heads home on Sunday (for now anyway). So a fairly busy weekend ahead for me.

Ok lovelies, must go, hope you all have a great weekend and until next time.................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-03-2014 at 06:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski. Hope ur dogs ok. Good luck with ur travels @BooBoo. Sometimes FS. Don't get us do they?
    @bib. Doctors don't always deliver the news in time like we want them too. It might not be high on there priorities but they gotta remember we need to know this information. Today. Not next week. Time is precious.

As for me... I still have no news. Inconclusive today as well
    HCG. 19. Progesterone 81. BT again on Monday. FS hasnt given up. But I had. Now to try and relax over the weekend. Pffft. Yeah right

Hugs to all. You are truly great friends xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bib - embryologist seemed happy with TESA sample she said some were twitching and doing there thing and looked good for TESA sperm
    Fs didn't say all that much about it apart from that it wasn't great nos
    I don't know the feeling I got the other day was that he may not have read through our notes and wasn't prepared in saying things, I had to ask all of the questions.
    That's great u have got a lot of baby things from your sister, that will help u a lot
    How annoying that u r still waiting on the call about your mum they should at least say they may need extra time
    Precious oh how frustrating, fx those nos get higher and higher. keep busy over the w/e to try and distract yourself a bit, impossible I know.
    Xo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Ladies...................

Precious
    : Hope you made it through the weekend Luv with your sanity still intact!! Good luck today with your BT. Am sure the results should tell you one way or another what the go is. Keeping my and sending that they'll confirm a BFP for you. Will be watching for your update

Booboo: Twitching TESA sperm is always a good sign girl Yes, I understand the frustration of feeling like your FS isn't on the ball with your case. I know they see so many people each and every day and can't be expected to remember each one of us individually (usually), but at least revise my bloody file before I get in there for an appointment so I feel confident you know who you're talking to!!! Just keep on asking questions Luv

Emski
    : Read your update on your blog and just want to wish you for today!! How exciting!! Am hoping your donor has lots of lovely little eggies in there to collect!! and girl!!

Hello to all the other lovely ladies....Kenta, Mrs P and Domiffy

AFM
    : Had a lovely weekend with the family. My dad came down from North QLD for an impromptu visit, so Fri night's family dinner was made even more special to have him there too. Sat's get together at one of my cousin's place with all the extended family was enjoyable as well and a rare chance for almost all of us (aunties, uncles, cousins) to get together all at once and all in one place.

Mum made it safely home yesterday (still no word from the bloody doctors which is really starting to pi$$ me off now) and DP and I had a quiet, relaxing day until late yesterday afternoon when I was bending over at the sink and had a muscle spasm in my left shoulder. OMFG, it was so painful!!! Tried a wheat pack, warm shower, Tiger balm etc to ease it, but nothing was working. In the end I took some Panadol which gave me some relief.

About an hour into it, I developed stomach pain all across the top of my abdomen and down the sides too. Had a crap night's sleep waking up at 1.30am in pain again (in both my shoulder and stomach), so got up and took some more panadol at about 2.30am when I could stand it no longer

I have my first antenatal appointment today at the hospital so will ask about it then and get the Belly Bean checked out (even if it's just with a Doppler...no way I'm leaving until I know she is ok one way or another). The muscle spasm I understand as I've been having them on and off since I was about 8-9wks pregnant, but the stomach pain is a new development and is a bit of a worry for me.

Ok Girls, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Will look out for your updates. Until next time..................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 24-03-2014 at 05:59.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Ladies....................

Precious: How did you go Luv?? Have been thinking of you and hoping for the best

Emski: How did EPU with your donor go Luv?? they got a good haul and to good fertilisation rates too!!

Booboo: How you going girl??

Hello to Kenta, Mrs P and Domiffy

AFM: Antenatal appointment went well. The midwife was lovely as was the student midwife that was "shadowing" her (she's a 3rd yr student of midwifery and I've agreed to allow her to "shadow" me through the rest of my pregnancy...all my appointments etc and for the birth as she needs to do that with 20 women apparently as part of her practical placement. Was happy to help). It was a booking in appointment, so lots of paperwork and questions to get through. Midwife seemed happy with urine test (no sugars, proteins present etc), weight gain thus far acceptable though I seem to have lost a centimetre in height!! (mind you, I was barefoot when measured).

Midwife seems to think I pulled the muscles in my stomach when I had the shoulder spasm the other day as I most probably bent, twisted or turned the wrong way when it happened, so I'm to keep up the Panadol for pain relief as needed and if it doesn't settle down in a few days, off to the doctor I go. Checked Belly Bean out with the Doppler and heard her heart beating away beautifully, so was happy with that

I also discussed our preference for a caesarean birth (as the thought of something happening to her should I be forced to give birth naturally/vaginally has been causing me high anxiety. We just don't want to take the risk after waiting so long and going through so much to get her even though I understand caesarean sections aren't without risks of their own. Just feel the benefits outweigh the risks in our circumstances).

Anyhoo, I was expecting some opposition being a public hospital, but was told if that's what I wanted, then that's what I could have and that they're all into choice up there and now I could put that particular worry from my mind Obviously things have changed over the years, because I know it never used to be like that in the public hospital system, either way, DP and I are relieved that our wishes will be respected. Apparently, we organise the in's and out's of the birth at my 36wk visit (all going well of course).

For now I'll also be doing shared care with my GP, but the midwife said the OB's will review my file and decide if they want to oversee my care due to my age and the fact it's an IVF pregnancy. If so, it will just mean a few extra appointments with them throughout the remainder of my pregnancy which is no problem so will see what happens. Next appointment will be my 20wk morphology scan in 3 wks time.

Still have heard F.A. from doctor's regarding Mum, so may have to get my sister on to it sooner rather than later. Anyhoo my lovelies, just wanted to fill you in and see how you're all faring. Back to work for me today so must go get ready and do a few things around here before I leave.

Until next time......................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-03-2014 at 06:13.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (25-03-2014)