+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Emski and BinB for the good wishes today. Only one of the egg survived to day 3 and it was 8cell today with a fair bit of fragmentation so once again we haven't been given good odds of success but can only keep hoping.

DH seems to be more pessimistic this time round but I think he may be thinking we are just hitting our heads against a brick wall and not making progress after 3-4 years of this so I think for the first time I sense he doesn't want to try again after this cycle's result but we will need to talk more about it. Failing at IVF this number of times creates this sense that we are participating in an exercise in futility for us.

Emski, not much longer to go...wishing you success on your donor cycle

BinB hope the good news is all confirmed today

Good luck girls. Hi Mrs P and BooBoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.................

Kenta: Luv, you've got one on board, so you're in with a chance and the fact that it was at 8 cells is a positive sign. Mine weren't even at that stage last cycle when I had them transferred (mind you, they weren't exactly 72 hrs old either).

Fragmentation is to be expected and you know as well as I do that BFP's have come from fragmented embies of varying degree's, so don't count yourself out just yet although I can understand why your DH feels the way he does and I know you're disheartened at times about the whole thing too.

IVF is so very draining in every way especially when you've had to do it for long periods of time like you and your DH have. You are such an IVF Warrior girl, I take my hat off to you for your persistence and perseverance. I truly wish with all my heart that you get a BFP this time. Here's some to help your emby settle in!!!

AFM: Have not long received the phone call from the Midwife with the FISH results. It seems the interim report shows our little "Belly Bean" is healthy in every respect and the Midwife is confident at this stage that the final results in 14days will reflect that

We're also Team Girls!!! A beautiful, healthy, baby girl!!! DP and I are over the moon and feel so grateful and blessed at this point (with happiness). Once we get final confirmation in a couple of weeks that all is well, I know I'll finally be able to relax a hell of a lot more and begin to enjoy this pregnancy for the first time since getting our BFP.

Ok my lovelies, just wanted to update you all on where we're at. Kenta...will be keeping my and sending you everyday until BT.

Until next time...................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are having a great time in Japan MrsP, the food must bd amazing, is it cherry blossom season?
    Kenta glad to hear 1 has held on, 8 cells is good, stick little emby. Hope the TWW goes quick for you.
    Bib so happy to hear your news, a little girl congrats Hun, such great news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. How many stories are very similar. I've been on this ivf roller coaster for 6 cycles now and it never gets easier or similar. I'm currently jabbing away and have first bloods tomorrow. And already feeling queasy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi precious sorry to hear u have had a rough time, will keep my fx that this next one is it for u gl hope all goes well with 1st BT tomorrow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls...............

Booboo: Thanks so much for your best wishes Luv. It is wonderful news. Probably shouldn't put the "cart before the horse" too much until we get final confirmation in 2 wks, but it's looking good. Not long to go until DH's TESA. How are you both doing with that??

Precious 40: Welcome to the thread Luv You are more than welcome here and I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing a bit more of your back story (where you're from, what drug protocol you're doing, are you single/ married etc, do you have other children...blah, blah, blah....you get the idea) Whatever you feel comfortable sharing with this nosy (I prefer curious) Virgo that is...LOL!!!!

Cycle number 6 underway certainly qualifies you as yet another "Long Term IVF Warrior Woman". Good luck to you girl, I hope this cycle results in your BFP. Have all of your cycles in the past been stimm's or have you had FET's too?? Any luck in the past?? No, it doesn't get any easier that's for sure. Good luck with your BT today, hope your hormone's are doing what they should!! Are you having a scan too?? Am keeping my and sending you. Hope the queasiness settles down for you as well. Bloody side effects!! That doesn't get any easier either!!!

Big Hello to all the other lovely ladies....Kenta, Emski, Mrs P and Domiffy

Allrighty, must go and get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!! Until next time....................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-02-2014 at 07:00.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas. Where do I start... This cycle is antagonist sandwich cycle. I start on 5 days of cetrotide then stop. Start on gonal f and ovidrel for 5 days have bt. Back onto all three again now and have a scan on friday. So will have been on the drugs for 15 days before I have a scan
    We've got two in the freezer. I've only ever had stimms. FET are my backups. So my head tells me . I normally have about 6 or 7 eggs and half fertilize. So not tool many. I'm turning 40 in a few months so time is not on my side
    happily married with two fur kids
    wow. Never written it down before . I'm normally a pretty private person. But I'm finding I need/value these threads. First time this month have I been on here. And I'm liking it
    My estrogen levels aren't very good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've def been better BIB struggling a bit with everything at the moment but hoping this dark cloud will pass. I rang the clinic today, we really want to push to have TESA on day of EPU, dh is worried sample won't survive the freeze/thaw especially after his normal sample didn't! I know there is still a good chance it would be ok but don't want to be spending big bucks on this and it not bring as effective as it can be if u understand what I mean. Dh won't want to do this more than once I'm sure, he's already reluctant enough as it is. Nurse will be calling back once she has spoken to FS again, I wish I pushed more about it earlier on but can't change that now. To be honest I'm also feeling a bit unsupported, sometimes I feel like I'm doing all this on my own, it's so hard talking to dh about all this, he is just shutting away from it. I know he is hurting about all this he just can't seem to express it which frustrates me and makes me angry.
    I am also going to ask the clinic about counselling sessions available, I highly doubt dh will come but I certainly need it, long over due. Anyway enough of my depressing talk I don't want to bring people down with me
    Precious did you have BT today? Hope u all r having a good week x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls.................

Precious: I'm familiar with an Antagonist Sandwich Cycle as I discussed doing one myself with my FS prior to starting Cycle 4 but he thought the AACEP was the way to go for me. 6 or 7 eggs at EPU is good for our age group. Do you ICSI them?? Despite only half fertilising, at least the resulting embies at some stage have been good enough to freeze which is better than we ever did with our excess one's. Yes, I'm normally a pretty private person too, but like you, I decided to join BH to be with other women who could understand what we were going through plus it's been a fantastic source of information for me.

You've still got time for your oestrogen levels to rise. Keeping my you've got some lovely follies on the go girl!! I totally understand about the time factor. Have been facing it myself and it was made even worse knowing that my DP and I for various reasons were not going to go down the DE path if using my OE's failed, so things were getting pretty desperate, plus we only had one vial left of DP's frozen TESA'd sperm on ice to use if my last cycle failed. It would of been our last chance.

Anyhoo am sending loads of your way that this cycle will be your BFP!! How many embies do you usually transfer??

Booboo: Oh Luv... I really feel for you because I do understand how downhearted and absolutely depressing this whole journey can make you feel at times. I also understand how alone you can feel and unsupported as my DP was much the same way as yours. He keeps things close to his chest and when I wanted to talk about how I was feeling, he'd listen but I may as well have been talking to a brick wall for all the input he gave me back. I could literally see the shutters coming down when I'd start talking. He's not good at expressing his emotions at the best of times. It's not that he doesn't feel them because occasionally they come through (like when Cycle 4 failed yet again and he cried all the way home in the car after I'd had the BT knowing it was just a formality which made me cry all the way home too) it's just that he can't express them easily and I know a lot of it with my DP was that he felt guilty and that he was to blame for us having to do IVF in the first place

I think getting some counselling is a great idea even if your DH's doesn't want to participate at this point, I'm sure it will do you the world of good to help work through these feelings that you're having and to give you the tools to cope with you and your DH's IVF journey. I don't see why they can't organise the TESA procedure for the same day as your EPU?? It's not like they don't have enough notice to organise it?? Your DH should go in about 30mins before you do so it shouldn't be a big deal for them to schedule?? I do understand your concerns about relying on the thawed sperm. You want to give yourselves the best possible chance which is fair enough Luv. And you're not bringing anyone down Luv, that's what we're here for. To listen and support one another through the high's and the low's

Kenta: How's the 2WTorture going girl??? Am thinking of you...you didn't think I'd forgotten did you?? Still keeping my and sending your way.

Hello to all my other lovely ladies....Emski, Mrs P and Domiffy

AFM: Both myself and the Belly Bean are good although I've had some bad news a couple of days ago in regards to my mum. As some of you ladies know (and the rest are about to find out), my mum has been pretty unwell for the last 18months. She was diagnosed with cancer back in Sept 2012.

We'd thought the treatments she'd had periodically since then were keeping the tumour at bay so to speak (which it was), but we have since found out in the last couple of days that the cancer has spread to her bone marrow now and the doctors are only giving her a couple of months to live. Suffice to say my sister's and I are devastated!!! My older sister and I have been researching possible treatments that may afford her some more time and as my sister is a Clinical Nurse Educator/RN and works for QH, she's getting in touch with my mum's various doctors trying to organise urgent appointments for second opinions and possible treatment options.

We are all in shock as you can imagine and my grief at losing my mum is compounded by the fact that she will in all likelihood not survive to see her first born (and only because neither my sisters or I are having any more children) granddaughter born So our family's joy at our BFP is equally tempered with deep sorrow and pain at this moment in time.

Ok girls, I must go. Have scaled work to the bare minimum in light of recent developments with my mum and I need to get cracking on doing more research etc. Will be keeping an eye on you all and be back to post when I can.

Until next time my lovelies.................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-02-2014 at 08:32.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bib thank you for your support it means a lot. I am so sorry to hear the news about your mum, I can't imagine what you are going through.
    How are things going with the research? I have heard so many stories of people being so ill but holding on a lot longer than expected or even recovering from it. Sending big hugs I'm so sorry you are going through this, life is so unfair at times but stay strong.

The nurse rang me back today, she said they can do TESA day of EPU but as they only do on certain days, I think she said Tues, Wed Thurs there is a chance my eggs could be compromised if the dates don't fit well. She also mentioned that better to do before as they do biopsy and should be able to get more sperm, if done on the day they would just be using the fine needle and dh would only be given a local.
    Kenta how is the TWW treating u? Keeping my fx for u, hope it's your time
    Thinking of u all x