+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there BinB

Transfer is 9.30am tomorrow then I fly back to Cairns in the arvo on my valium cloud. I think the valium is meant to relax the uterus so I guess it’s a bit of a substitute for the acupuncture I would normally do B&A transfer which is meant to do much the same thing.

Boobs are huge tonight so I guess the progesterone has kicked in. I know what you mean about jinxing yourself I can only deal with IVF one day at a time and don’t look too far ahead. By nature I'm normally an optimist but IVF is different - I expect the worst and anything else is a wonderful bonus. It seems like a really negative frame of mind to be in but I guess it’s my way of coping... will do some meditation/visualisation during the TWW to get some good vibes chugging through my sole.

I wish the decision to do day 5 transfer was borne out bravery but after the disappointment of my cycle it was a cold hard financial decision. I didn’t have much confidence in my embryos so decided to make them work for it and if they didn’t get to day 5 to transfer then it was $$$ towards the next cycle. I put it out there to the universe tonight and had a word to the fert gods for you, me and everyone else going through this.

Thanks so much for your support as well BinB it has really meant a lot to me especially as I’m here in Brissy on my own - DP headed back to Cairns on Monday night as we have our own business and someone has to earn the $$$ to pay for all this.

Take care of yourself, my thoughts are with you and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's update form you….
    Last edited by Domiffy; 31-05-2013 at 21:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, - Another cheer from the bench for you both. I wish you both the very best for tomorrow. I am so glad you have each other at a similar stage to share and compare.

Dom, - Good luck for some great blasts to transfer tomorrow. I am much like you in the way I will go for a 5 day transfer next time (if I get that far), I figure that I don't want the angst of the 2ww if they are doomed from the start... Also, I was going to ask what are you if you were going to do acupuncture, so thanks for answering my question. Do you need someone to look after you after transfer with the valium? Or is it just that you shouldn't drive after it?
    Hey Blondie, - 7, or 6 sounds good. I hope that tomorrows scan shows some good growth with the smaller ones. i know what you mean about wanting more, but knowing that quality is more important. It would be nice to have both wouldn't it. Thats the hope with all the extra drugs after all. Anyway, I hope one of them has that lucky door prize in it for you. ... Oh, Just for info, we transferred 3 when we got lucky with DS, at doctors recommendations. We will do it again if we have that luxury, again at docs recommendation.

Sleep well tonight girls, big day ahead. Good luck again. and lots of too.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everything went well today girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hey Domiffy girl!!!!!...... to you love and congrat's for making it to transfer day!!! It's ....your embies are safely strapped on board and as I type you are no doubt winging your way home with your precious cargo back to DP to begin the 2ww.....What a relief it must of been for you to get there this morning...unscathed and with no dreaded ph call's etc....and get those little one's into your oven and the lot of you out of there!!!! I understand completely how it feels to fly solo too as I ended up in the same position last cycle when I unexpectedly found myself having a 2-day transfer instead of a 5-day transfer after the p#ss poor results from EPU......the sudden change of plan made it near on impossible for DP to have the day off from work (without causing major drama's), so I decided to go it alone.I hear you on the "valium haze" girl After going through the excruciating pain of my first transfer on Cycle 1 (due to my....as WDA described it..."tight as a fishes a r s e" cervix caused not only because I've never had a child, but also as a result of a small amount of scar tissue that's formed from a cone biopsy I had 16 yrs ago) it was decided from then on that any further transfers would be done "under the influence" of the good old val's and yes, you're spot on, valium does relax the muscles in the uterus (as well as space you out thus causing a welcome distraction from the pain...for me anyhoo)What kind of progesterone support are you on?? Pesseries? injections? or the vile Crinone?? Oh,God...... give me a needle any day rather than the putrid Crinone!!!! Am not looking forward to that!!! I can totally relate to you about the "expect the worst, but hope for the best" frame of mind that you're talking about. I'm exactly the same!!! I'm by nature, normally a positive and pretty optimistic person....but not when it comes to this....and yes love, it's a protection mechanism we've needed to build for ourselves in order to keep our sanity and our strength so that we can pick ourselves up and keep on going and keep on trying or else we'd just fall down in a heap in the middle of the road and not go anywhere!!! Yep, I need to keep my feet firmly on the ground, my eyes wide open and my thoughts limited only to the facts at hand (no flights of fancy allowed here) because I'm walking a tightrope physically, emotionally and spiritually as it is and it's not going to take much to push me over the edge!!!! I agree, it seems negative, but in reality, it's neccessary. We gotta do what we gotta go girl!!!Tote's understand about the financial decision too. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for having a quiet word with the universe for all of us....much appreciated.....been doing much the same......although I've been trying to ration out my "spiritual requests" knowing that I'll be sending a few through the "ESP Post" this week myself!!!!Ok love, it's time to take a deep breath and draw on the last of your inner reserves and steel yourself for the frigging 2ww.....Are you a POAS kind of girl or sweat it out for the BT??? Either way, I can only hope it goes fast for you and before too long (and with a bit of luck) I'll be joining you too (at least for half of it....we can sweat it out together) Here's a jumbo jet full of to get you started!!!! Keep me in the loop girl!!! Will just post a quick reply to Mrs P and then update you both on todays appointment
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 01-06-2013 at 19:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P....Hope you're having a good weekend thus far. Thanks for keeping an eye on Domiffy and myself and for your support and kind words You're right about the quality over the quantity and yes, it would be nice to have both wouldn't it??? But when push comes to shove, it's got to be quality any day. It's interesting you say you had 3 transferred when you got your BFP with your darling son......

OK Mrs P and Domiffy... AFM.......My appointment with WDA went well this morning (besides him having a slight issue finding my left ovary...was pushed up in a higher position than normal thanks to my bowel), but anyhoo....got the shock of my life when he found another follicle on my right ovary....What the???.....he seems to think it could also be a "go-er" on Tues...so now the count's at 5 on the right and 3 on the left. When he was measuring my follicles he started "umming" and "aaahing" about moving EPU a day forward to Monday instead. Of course, straight away my "anxiety antenna" comes up and I start feeling uneasy and when that happens I start with the questions...."Are they gonna blow if we wait until Tues?" "No" he replied...."Are they gonna be overcooked?" "No" he said...in the end, I decided to STFU and give the man some thinking space He's decided to leave it until Tues as originally planned

My blood work from yesterdays tests are all good at this moment in time. P4 is 2.6, he said my LH was low and my E2 is 3320. I questioned him about this as I'm a bit worried it's so low, but he says E2 is 500-1000 per egg and that my levels will increase between now and Tues when we do EPU. I asked him if my E2 levels could be distorted because of the Menopur (which I've read that it can be) or because of the Progynova (just thought I'd throw that one in) and he said "No....(am confused about this now as well....) .As you both know, I'm fearful of having the same sh*tty result this cycle with my eggs as I had last cycle and I know that my E2 levels the day before I triggered last cycle were only around 3400 (and I had 9 follicles showing on the scan then too), so if I'm to base possible eggs results from that, I'm screwed!!! Can only hope I'm wrong....

I then went on to make sure he was ok about doing a DET (if all goes well) and he said given my age (am 3 mnths away from turning 40) and the fact we'd already had a few failed cycles, he'd be more than happy to transfer 3!!!!!! DP and I talked about it on the way home and decided that under certain circumstances (such as if we've only got 3 left come transfer day or if we've got more than 3 but the remaining embryo's won't be of good enough quality to freeze which is what happened on Cycle 1 and 2) we'd more than likely go for 3. WDA wants me to go back tomorrow for a final blood test (no scan), then its trigger tomorrow night and EPU Tues...am getting nervous girls (and worried about the E2 levels) Will call WDA's rooms on Monday morning to get tomorrow's blood test results and see where things stand then. Will be interested to get both of your opinions.

Other than that, I'm good, though have felt really, really tired today but am sure that's mostly because of this insomnia issue I've been battling for the last month or so!!! Another crap night's sleep last night...only 5 hrs...but nevertheless, decided to treat myself and go and get my hair done today. Figured my body's full of chemicals anyhoo, so what's the harm in yet another helping!!! Was good to talk with the girls at the salon about anything and everything other than IVF.....was a great distraction and a nice mini break from it all.Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend Mrs P......(and Domiffy)... be back with an update soon
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 01-06-2013 at 19:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - Hope all went well, and you are resting up with some happy blasties on board .

BinB, - I agree with your "under certain circumstances" principle.
    In sept 2010 we got 5 eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred fresh at day 2 (both 4 cell, no fragmentation), and 3 frozen. Nov 2010, defrosted all and said we would put back what survived. All 3 did (2 x 6 cell, and 1 went backward to 2 cell) = BFP. The one that lost cells, lost 50%. I've since found out that allot of FS's wouldn't bother to transfer an embie with a 50% cell loss, but what the hay - may as-well since the others are going back anyway.
    This year we got 3 eggs, 3 embies, all 4 cells at day 2. 2 no fragmentation, 1 with slight fragmentation. They wanted me to transfer all 3, but I am of the opinion that my body prefers to get pregnant without all the stimming drugs, therefore I want to keep something to freeze because we have a good defrost success rate. So 'I' decided to keep one. They put the 2 best in fresh, and kept the 3rd to day 3 before freezing. It became 8 cells, with no fragmentation . However it lost 3 cells on defrost Doh! (37% loss), of which the embryologist said didn't matter too much. (BFN for both cycles.)
    The moral to that long winded story is. I don't really want to transfer more than 2 on a fresh cycle, if I manage to have more than 2 of course. But will happily transfer 3 on a frozen cycle.
    I think it sounds like you have it sorted on how many to transfer and why. Go with your gut it's usually right.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P......Thanks for sharing your story and explaining your rationale behind the "2 vs 3" embryo debate I've never had the luxury of having a FET and if past results are anything to go by am not anticipating having any to freeze this time around either........but, yep, DP and I have a strategy worked out and I'll definately go with my gut feeling "if and when"

Hi Domiffy......Am hoping you made it home safe and sound and you're now chillaxing and letting those embies make themselves right at home Look forward to reading your update......Here's some "welcome home" for you too!!!!!

AFM..........
    It's CD 10 today.Finally managed to get some decent shut-eye last night......7 hrs!!!! Am feeling much better now. Woke up thinking (remembering morelike) WDA telling me at yesterday's appointment that he wanted me to get blood's done this morning and tomorrow morning (at least I think he did....Oh God, what if I'm only dreaming it??? Going to go anyway).......so will make the journey in one more time.

Whilst I was there this morning having my blood taken, I double checked with the FN about mixing up my trigger shot for tonight (Pregnyl). Because I'm taking a higher dose (same as yours was Domiffy), I've got 2 amps I've got to mix and redraw up into the syringe. I was pretty sure the FN in WDA's office told me on Fri to divide the 1ml of saline between both the amps, dissolve it and then redraw back into the syringe. Just wanted to double check today. Christ know's I don't want to bugger it up!!! Anyhoo......she said that doing it that way was fine, so am feeling reassured for tonight's trigger.

Ok, am off to do the "family thing" today. Hope you're both having a lovely weekend.......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-06-2013 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    BinB that’s wonderful news about the surprise follie, 8 is fabulous … Hoorah for a Tuesday pick up and as FS says E2 still has a few days to do its thing so hoping you get a nice rise in levels before trigger – but as WDA also points out the ratio of E2 to follie count is also a bit of individual thing so try not stress too much (ha ha – I should talk!). I also wondered whether the progynova played a part in distorting E2 levels as I’ve not taken it during stims before and this time my estrogen levels were the best they’ve ever been - day 5 2736, day 8 6495, day 10 (trigger) 10500 but humph… fat lot of good that did me!

You are in my thoughts and I have so many bits of my body - fingers, toes, legs, arms etc - crossed for us both that I'm finding it tricky to get around.... Take care and enjoy your Sunday ohh.. and here I think you are due for some more of this

AFM I’m PUPO with 2x morulas. Disappointed of course that they hadn’t made it to blast by transfer but hoping that the late fertilisation on day 1 means that they are just a few hours behind. Of course, I have been madly googling ‘success with 5 day morulas’ and there’s plenty of positive stories out there. A girl’s gotta hope. Transfer went really smoothly but mine are generally pretty trauma free but I’ve gotta say that Valium does take the edge off any anxiety rather nicely. Unlike with my previous transfers there was no full bladder or ultrasound or half hour lie down afterwards, just straight up off the bed and into the recovery room – so who know what does or doesn’t make a difference. I hung around in recovery for a while until the lovely QFG nurse was satisfied I was ok to leave and then she dropped me at the station where I caught the airtrain out the airport and flew home… now safe n sound snuggled up in my comfy bed along with furkids 1 & 2 while DP cooks yummy Sunday brunch of bacon and eggs.

Will try my hardest to keep occupied during the 2 week torture but I don’t like my chances as I work from home and can google away the day if I please… I am also a fool for POAS – there’s no way I could wait for the blood test as I’d rather be prepared for it emotionally either way. Last time round though I tested from about 5 days after 3dt and had positives all the way through but of course I was on pregnyl boosters the whole time so it was pretty ridiculous thing to do but just can’t seem to help myself. I cried like a baby in disbelief when the nurse rang me on Christmas Eve with my positive.

I’m on Crinone in the morning and evening and 1x pessary at night and I know lots of ladies hate them but after reaching a peak of 5 injections a day during stims I'd rather that than more shots any day. I don’t generally seem to have too many side affects from the prog apart from the big boobs (and constipation - sorry if TMI) and on the upside I have some sort of hormonally related scalp dermatitis thing that always clears up when I am choc full of progesterone.

MrsP Thanks again for your support and kind thoughts.... BinB and I both appreciate you looking out for us.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 02-06-2013 at 11:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Domiffy girl!!!!....

Glad to hear you made it back home to DP safe and sound.....I'd say the late fertilisation is why your two little one's were still at the morula stage. There definately is every chance of success with a morula (despite that not being the case with me after Cycle 2). I remember speaking to "old mate" in the lab at my previous FS's place about the morula I'd had transferred and to cut a long story short, he told me he was just on his way with my previous FS to go onto the ward and see a baby that had just been born who'd started out as a morula at transfer!!! I've also read of many other ladies who've had BFP's from morula's so you've got every chance love......

Yep, I'm a POAS'er too and am also going to be at home for the 2wk torture... (God help me!!!) but because of the Menopur and higher trigger dosage, I have no idea when (if all goes well and I even get that far) to test and get a reliable result???? Will follow your lead girl I do it for the same reason as you....want the heads-up before BT. And yes, the Crinone gives me constipation too....as well as bloating, cottage cheese discharge...blah, blah, blah..And I, too, have been on 5 injections a day, but would rather keep on jabbing then take that vile stuff!!! LOL. Now I'm the one sorry for TMI At the end of the day, I don't think any one thing makes a difference. I've come to the conclusion that if they're gonna stick, they're gonna stick and that's that (disclaimer: unless there is some kind of unknown immune/progesterone etc issue going on....)

As per my E2 levels, have decided to just get over it....what will be, will be though I'll still call WDA's room's for today's and tomorrow's blood test results. Want to keep an eye on all my levels anyhoo. Am still confused about the Menopur and distorted E2 levels thing considering I read about it on the product information pamphlet that came in the box!!!! Whatev's!!!!! Time to let it go and move on methinks!!!

Ok girl, time to go for now.....One more injection of Gonal-F to do then trigger shot later on tonight!!!! Not long to go now!!! Hope you enjoyed your bacon and eggs (brownie points there to DP) Here's some more to see you through until next post

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-06-2013 at 18:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ladies

BinB, How did trigger go???… I always get DP to do mine as am a bit freaked out by those snap of glass tops.

Thanks for the encouraging morula story, right now I can’t get enough of them. I will probably start messing around with POAS later this week after my second pregnyl booster and just before the third one… a bit daft of me I know but I won’t be able to resist. TBH I think the only reliable result will come when I have my blood test as I won’t actually believe any positive POAS results before then anyway. I spoke too soon about the Crinone… woke up with some lovely cc discharge this morning but not too bad at this stage…

I have to agree about the sticky embies, if it’s a quality embryo (with the exception of immune/implantation issues and adequate luteal support) it will stick (I am however eating my 2x kiwi fruit per day – just for luck!). BTW did you take prednisone and clexane in your previous cycles? I am interested to know as even though I don’t have any known immune issues I took prednisone for the first time during my December cycle and as you know got lucky. Previous two transfers there wasn’t even a hint of implantation. I do have adenomyosis and I have a hunch that the prednisone may have calmed things down on that front.

Anyways my girl you know I will be holding my breath for your EPU update tomorrow. I know you’ve got a nice haul of stellar eggies in there…. Till then….
    Last edited by Domiffy; 03-06-2013 at 11:14.