+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hey Blondie - yes our treatment plan came through yesterday thankfully... the clinic had their email server down for two days which explained the lack of communication. A lot of the other girls on the SA thread were quietly freaking out as well, I'm just more vocal about it

We have everything booked now - flights/accommodation/car... and now that I have our dates I can book some touristy things too like the cable car to table mountain. DH said he would also like to do a helicopter flight along the coastline, which I would also love to do so will look into that. I've already booked some restaurants back in Dec as Cape Town has a very strong 'foodie' culture. It's getting real/exciting now! Transfer is estimated for March 29th.
    to all the other ladies - I hope all is going well.

Em x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls I've not been around or updating....trying to not think too much as have been feeling sad and exhausted by the whole IVF experience after 3-4years of this.

Had EPU today and we got 4 eggs. I think with my age now is truly against me and after 9 fresh cycles and 2 failed FET transfers that we are not winning.
    However, still hoping there is a good egg in the 4. Will probably transfer Monday I think at day 3 with those numbers.

BinB it's so great to read how things are going along as planned and hopefully with the result of the CVS you can relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy . It's so exciting. I've been playing with my nephew who is so cute that I'm sure this is all worth the effort. I guess you will know the sex with the result and be looking at names soon. .

Emski...I'm following your journey with interest as feel we are going to have to make a tough decision ourselves about adoption vs egg donor vs cats/dogs...not looking forward to that conversation as can't believe we can't have our own children and can't think of any more tricks to try.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIB so over this heat to, it's been disgusting lol, bring on the cooler months. Can't say I slept much last nite, woke up about 3. I'm sure everything will be just fine with your results, so excited for u 12 weeks already
    Emski sounds like everything is coming to plan, great news. Helicopter flight along the coast sounds amazing. I did that up in Broome along the pearl farms loved it
    Kenta thinking of u, hope your feeling not too sore after EPU, will u transfer 2 if you are able? Hang in there, I know easier said than done, gl for transfer on Monday

have a good w/e all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls........................

Emski: Glad to hear it was just a computer glitch and nothing more serious. LOL "I'm just more vocal about it"...can totally relate Luv....I'm too bloody old to hold back now when I've got something to say

I bet you're crossing the days off on the calendar with excitement!!! And why not do the touristy thing while you're there?? It all sounds wonderful...the food, the helicopter ride etc. I'm so excited for you girl, you know I'll be following your journey and keeping my and sending an Airbus full of your way that you and your DH bring home some much welcome "excess baggage"!!!!

Kenta: Good to hear from you Luv...4 eggs sounds about right for our age group girl (unless you're PCOS etc). There's every reason to believe at least one of those eggs is good, though I'm keeping my and sending that they all fertilise. I had the same numbers last cycle as you know and opted for a Day 3 transfer. I've come to the conclusion that if the embryo has got what it takes to hatch and implant, it's going to stick no matter what day you transfer it.

Are you going to opt for a DET this time?? Might be worth considering especially if the remaining embryo's can't be frozen?? for you Luv. I'm not surprised you're exhausted, sad, frustrated and plain fed up after 3-4yrs of riding this rollercoaster. I was feeling that way after 2yrs TTC. You've got guts and tenacity, I'll give you that girl!!! I'm praying with all my might you get a BFP this cycle so tough decisions won't have to be made. Will be thinking of you Monday.

Booboo: Yes, I see that things are heating up again over your way. I fully agree Luv...can't wait for winter to arrive!! I've always hated summer. It's the humidity that knocks me around, can handle the dry heat but prefer not to handle any kind of heat at all!!! Hope you and your fur babies can stay cool...is DH still home or back to work??

Big Hello as always to Mrs P and Domiffy.......

AFM: No word yet on the CVS results. Looks like we're going to have to sweat it out until Monday FFS!! Is so bloody nerve-wracking!! Yes Kenta, the test results will tell us the sex and we definitely want to know. I made a point of telling them that before the procedure. Had enough surprises along the way, thank-you very much!!

Ok my lovelies, must go. Am off down to the shops later to do a few things now that my enforced rest period is over and DP is "allowing" me to resume normal activities No, in all seriousness, he's been great
    Have a good weekend everyone and let us know how you get on Kenta ok? We're all here for you and we all care. You're not alone unless you want to be

Until next time................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-02-2014 at 06:27.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Booboo and BinB for good wishes. Hope you're all having a nice weekend.

2 of our 4 fertilised. Apparently 2 of our eggs busted with ICSI or my eggs were degenerate. So with only 2 we are going to transfer both on Monday. Hope they keep growing.

Good wishes for Monday BinB....I'm sure it's going to be all good as things seem to have been going well for you so far but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Come on embies grow grow grow, gl for Mon not long now, sorry to hear about the 2 you lost but hang on to the fact u could have 2 strong ones ready to be back with you. Are you having acupuncture after transfer? I must start seeing mine again, I really miss it, main reason I stopped was due to $$ always felt so relaxed after it. Having an ok w/e so far although have been a bit teary this past week some days it's all I can think about, where is the switch button when u need it. Have a 40th bd tonight at the pub so that will be nice, and going out to a winery for lunch tomorrow with family, always love it out there

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi from Japan!

Had a quick scan of the last page. Just wishing you all well. It seems things are pretty much that way for the most.

Big hugs,

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls..................

Kenta: Yes, I can relate, I had a couple of my eggs in Cycle 4 I think disintegrate when they were ICSI'd too. That's usually an egg quality problem unfortunately. However, you have the 2 emby's on the go girl, and and they keep on growing strong and dividing!!! I gather from your signature that you've always made it to transfer, so you've got great odds of making it this time too. Are you going to get an update from the lab today?? Good call putting them both back in my opinion. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain at this stage. Am keeping an eye out for your update!! Thanks for your kind words and wishes too..Here's some more for you Luv

Booboo: This whole thing is such an emotional rollercoaster at times. And it does tend to take over our every thought too, hence why distractions are most welcome!! How was the 40th b'day party last night?? I hope you were able to forget about things for just a little while and have some fun We have to remind ourselves how to do that sometimes, or we're at risk of becoming too caught up in this whole IVF/TTC journey. It can be so hard to find balance (and inner peace) at times. Enjoy your outing with your family today. Lunch at the winery sounds like absolute bliss (and rather delish too!!).

Mrs P: Hello Luv!! Great to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to pop in from Japan. I hope you and your family are enjoying your holiday. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get home. Until then, take care and have a great time!!!

Hello to Emski and Domiffy too.............

Ok girls, take it easy and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Until next time..............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Kenta............Just quickly popping in to wish you the very best of luck with transfer today!!!! and that this is the one!!! Go Emby's Go!!!

Drop by when you can and let us know how you got on ok?? Will be thinking of you

To all my other lovely ladies, have yourselves a beautiful day!!

Until next time.................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck today Kenta!