+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just to let you know that I'm reading.
    BInB, - I'm so extremely glad to hear that you have one healthy belly bean. Keep it up little one . And I'm glad that WDA's people still had my 'stuff' for you. Enjoy, LOL.

I'm still not in a good frame of mind. So excuse my tardiness.

Dom, Em, Booboo, kenta, , - I hope you're having a lovely week end.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    U might just be one of the lucky ones BIB and not get MS. Dh away at the moment back again next week. Thanks for your support and kind words means a lot. Just so hard trying to stay positive at the moment, all we can do is try and hope for the best, I guess if it's meant to be it'll happen. Not def on course I want to do but maybe something to do with animal care, trouble is a lot of it is volunteer work. What I should be doing is concentrating on our house a bit with finishing things off, still need to do back garden and make it more homely with painting/pics that will be a good distraction, just need to get motivated! Had a nice w/e saw a friend last nite for dinner and movie, saw The Book Thief, good movie! Today caught up with a fellow ivfer from bubhub from another thread talked for 3 hrs was great Hope u r ok MrsP x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.......................

Mrs P: Good to hear from you luv...how are you and the family settling in to the new house?? I'm sorry to hear you're still having a hard time...we're always here for you if there's anything we can do to help?? I see it's still hot as Hades over there...hoping you've got aircon to get you through??

Booboo: Yes, maybe I'm one of the 25% of women who don't get MS?? Could strike at any time, so will see how we go. That's all anyone can do girl, hope for the best and keep trying until you've had enough either emotionally, mentally or financially or the FS tells you they can't help you anymore....you're a long way from that point luv. You're just starting your journey Yep, getting your house in order sounds like it will provide a welcome distraction How are you and your furbabies coping in the heat over there?? Things are starting to heat up again over here too. Going to be pretty hot over the next couple of days, then a couple of days break before temps climb again at the weekend. Can't wait to see the back of this summer!!!

Kenta: What's doing luv?? How are those BT's looking?? Have you "O'd" yet girl?? So, if the FS is only going to transfer one, will they only thaw one of your embies or will they thaw both and what will happen to the other emby if they both thaw successfully?? Can they refreeze it?? Just wondering....anyhoo...thinking of you.....

Emski: Thinking of you for Wed luv...hope all's well in your world and preparation for SA is travelling along nicely

Dom: Thinking of you Luv and hoping you're ok and you'll be back asap....missing you

AFM: Went up to the hospital to drop off referral letter for CVS and organise antenatal visit. Had bloods done again and HCG levels at 7w5d today are 73,000 which is within the normal boundaries for where I'm at. They did a quick scan as well, so I got an unexpected but much appreciated look at "Belly Bean" again, and all looks good with the CRL: 12mm and Heartrate:158bpm So far, so good

Ok my lovely ladies, must go for now. Take care and I'll hear from you all soon. Until next time....................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel that far away from it unfortunately BIB, FS isn't exactly confident last visit and not sure how much further he will go with us. Just got to hope this next round is better, I know I'm not ready to give up yet but couldn't see us doing this for yrs though. Depends I guess if things start improving more or not, being out of the race before et is pretty devastating! Wondering whether we should really push for a 3dt if we r lucky to have some good looking embies. Wish we could have transferred 1 last time, especially the one that was at morula stage right before blast, u just never know. This heat is starting to get to me now, just after 8pm and I still have the aircon on, feel like a nice cool holiday somewhere. Might take a drive down south sometime soon, w/e away would be nice decided to cancel the apt we had next week, better to go nearer the time, plus I'm sure I'll have more questions by then lol. Glad u got to see your little belly bean again and that all is going well, u will make a great mum. Hi to everyone else, how r u all spending Aus day? Think we r going to a friends for a bbq
    Last edited by Booboo78; 21-01-2014 at 22:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

Glad things are rosy so far BinB and to plan.

I'm having my FET this Sunday. I think they just thaw the one blast for transfer. BinB what dose of prednisone and stuff has WDA got you on? I'm starting to think about whether I need any of this extra stuff. My FS only wants me on crinone. I'm wondering if I should take some prednisone, aspirin and clexane. Anyway, every cycle I wonder about these things.

Boo I hope your next cycle is better. I found we got better after getting through a few bad cycles when we started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls...........................

Booboo: Yes luv, you've had a hard road to hoe thus far but you have to keep believing that things will get better and you will make it to transfer next cycle. I believe with the tweaks your FS is doing this time around in conjunction with the TESA'd sperm etc, that you will get there!!! As to doing a 3dt, I feel that if you only get a few embryo's like last time that it wouldn't be unreasonable for you and your DH to request a 3dt. If you get maybe more than 5 embryo's on the go by Day 3, then maybe you'd think about letting them grow until Day 5, but it is up to you and your DH regardless of what your FS says. It's only his opinion (granted, most FS including mine believe in growing the embryo's out until Day 5 so as to weed the weak from the strong), but at the end of the day, it's your money and your decision and your FS should respect that as mine does even if he does disagree.

Yes I hear you about the heat, and we haven't had it nearly half as bad as you and Mrs P A nice cool holiday sounds great!!! A weekend away the next best thing!! We're not doing much for Australia Day. Might just have a bbq here at home and chillax I think. Have fun at your friends bbq

Kenta: for FET on Sunday!!! Am keeping everything for you girl and am sending out the in preparation right now!!! WDA's usual cocktail is: Baby Aspirin...1 a day, Clexane...40mg injection once a day, Prednisone...10mg's a day is the usual dose, but he upped mine to 25mg this last cycle, Nitrodur Patch....1 patch on top of the foot at night...leave on for 12hrs and remove in the morning. He also has you on the Progynova and Ralovera as well as all the other vitamins/supplements. I started taking all of the above mentioned (except vitamins/supplements, took those continuously for 6-7 months before starting this last cycle) on Day 2/3 of my last cycle and haven't stopped taking them yet just so you know. He also adds Feldene to the mix that you start the day following trigger injection and continue on with. After ET, he gives you the pessaries as well as the Crinone 2x a day. Hope this helps luv, will be thinking of you and stalking this thread looking for your updates!!!

Big Hello to Mrs P, Dom and Emski...hope you're all well in your part of the world.

AFM: Am 8 weeks exactly today, so another week successfully gotten through. One of the Midwives from the hospital called yesterday arvo to sort out when to book in for the CVS test. She said they'll do it at 12 weeks up at the hospital in conjunction with the NT scan and if the scan comes back low risk, we could forgo the CVS test and wait until 16 weeks instead and have an amnio. Sounds good in theory, but the NT scan is only going to screen for Down Syndrome (and trisomy 18 I think??) and not any of the others, so will still probably opt to have the CVS that day as well although will wait to see what OB recommends on the day (plus I'm going to ask WDA's opinion when I see him next week too). The doctor's up there also want me off all the drugs by 10 weeks preferably, so have e-mailed FN Kate this morning so we can get a plan in action to do that. Usually WDA likes his ladies to stay on the whole kit and caboodle until 12 weeks, but I'm sure 2 weeks less won't make a huge difference (I'm hoping anyhoo).

The only new symptom I have to report is experiencing the slight dizzy's every now and again. Everything else is still the same at this point. Ok my lovelies, must go get ready for work. Hope you all have a beautiful day and I'll hear from you soon.

Until next time.........................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-01-2014 at 05:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta wishing u all the best for Sunday, sending lots of sticky baby dust. Hope u r feeling well, and thanks we r hoping 3rd times a charm fx. I think we will push for the 3dt BIB he better not be difficult about it. Congrats on reaching 8 wks, hope the dizziness passes soon. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope you all have a relaxing long weekend. I am a little nervous about the thaw result so will be more relaxed once ET is done this Sunday. Have started on aspirin and usual vitamins but have been deliberating on the prednisone and clexane which I have at home anyway. I've taken feldene in past as well but have run out of it so may go buy some more as I usually take it before transfer thinking it might relax the uterus.
    Thanks for best wishes boo and BinB.

Boo think it's worth trying it if you only have a few to transfer as I don't think it adds much advantage waiting to day 5 if they were the ones left anyway.

BinB best of luck with the next stage and the testing to come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls....................

Booboo: I hope your FS won't be difficult about it either. Maybe when you next see him before you start your cycle, you can inform him then that you and your DH have weighed up all the options including his recommendations and have decided to go for a 3DT this cycle. Have a lovely long weekend and enjoy your BBQ if you end up going Thanks for your kind words too girl.

Kenta: Good luck for tomorrow luv!!!! Am keeping my your emby thaws and re-expands beautifully!! Hope it's hatching out of its shell by the time you transfer!!!

Don't know what you're going to do r.e. the prednisone and the clexane, the only thing being is if you start the prednisone, you'll have to wean off it later on. Clexane won't be an issue to start and stop. Probably couldn't hurt to use the Feldene if you can get it, though 10mg of valium an hr before your transfer (like WDA gives all his ladies before ET to relax the uterus) wouldn't hurt either!!

Either way luv, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and keeping an eagle eye on this thread for your update...... this is the one for you and your DP!!!!! Have a good weekend luv and thanks again for your kind wishes.

Emski: How did your review appointment go girl?? If you feel up to talking about it that is, if not, no probs...how's the SA trip coming along???

Mrs P and Dom........Hope you lovely ladies are ok too

AFM: Still taking things one day at a time. Am scheduled to have the NT scan and CVS towards the end of next month when I'm 12w1d (all going well and I make it that far). They'll do both on the same day. Back to see WDA at the end of this week coming.

Ok my lovelies, I hope you all enjoy your long weekend whatever it is you get up to and I'll hear from you all soon. Take care and until next time....................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,
    Blondie glad to hear your pregnancy is going from strength to strength! Reaching each milestone must be a little bit of a load off. Here's wishing you all the best for your NT next week - it seems to have gone quickly (well for me anyway lol).

Kenta - good luck with your transfer. Re the pred. from what I know, you normally need to be on it for a while (my last cycle I was on it for almost 2 weeks prior to transfer) for it to have the benefit of suppressing NK Cells/inflammation etc. but I"m not sure if you have immune issues or if you're just covering all bases and as BiB said you need to wean off it as well - do you have enough to do this over a two week period? I've always been prescribed clexane from the night prior to transfer so still time to do that.

BooBoo - sorry to hear you've been having a hard time. Like BiB said with my clinics if we didn't have more than 3 embies I'd always have 3dt's - I'd push for it too.

Domiffy

MrsP I hope things are settling down for you after the move now. I miss seeing you around the over 40's thread.

AFM - thanks for asking after me Blondie - I finally today got AF (the first since the D&C) on CD61... that was one bloody long haul (pardon the pun) and I am very relieved.
    My FS was great at our appointment - I kinda went off her last year as she is just so bloody busy all the time and impossible to get in to see - but all was forgiven in my appointment when I went in with a list of questions as long as my arm. I got the results of the MC and the baby had two abnormal chromosomes so it was never going to work out and are due to 'advanced maternal age and egg quality' - so that really is a load off because if there was no issue with that baby it would mean a whole bunch of new questions before going into this donor cycle about what was wrong with me. My FS is very confident I'll get pregnant on this cycle with the donor, if not first time then by the second (yes DH and I have factored in it might take a few goes) and even gave me a referral for an OB before I left! She said to me that I just need a good egg and I'll be pregnant no problem. Do you know how good that made me feel? I finally feel like there is real hope.
    My donor is having her testing on the 4th and then I'll get my treatment plan and dates for travel so I can get onto the exciting part of booking tickets/hotels lol.
    We are off to the Sunshine Coast for a week on Monday, as we both worked through Xmas / New Year and looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing - visiting my parents and having a few wines overlooking the Maroochy River. Once we are back DH has to go to Brazil, Mexico and Toronto for work over a three week period - he'll get back two weeks before we go to Cape Town so I'm hoping we can use some of his points to upgrade our return flight back to Aus.

I hope you're all going well and Kenta, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow love.

Lots of love to you all

Em x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (02-02-2014)