+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB thanks for all the good wishes. Had scan today and lead follicle is 1cm so start doing blood test next week and hopefully FET in a couple of weeks....all natural but still can't help thinking I need to be doing something or popping some pills or poking myself with some injection...not complaining about the simplicity just want to do anything that could improve our chances as we need every little bit of help we can get. Counted this will be our 10th transfer so we must have transferred about 20 embryos now so yes I can say we are desperate for good news and luck. Every success here gives us hope though so it's nice to know that it can happen.

Boo we tried saizen too and it didn't make a difference but BinB is right I think it's worth a shot at your age to see if it helps although it was very expensive like almost 200 dollars a vial. If you are doing menopur it already has LH. Luveris is basically LH from my reading and we have also tried that.

BinB what is the difference you noted between puregon and Gonal f? Yay for getting to 6wks. Absolutely delighted for you and hoping your scan confirms a happy little vegemite in there or .

Hi to all the other beautiful souls here Mrs P, emski, Dom...hope all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta gl with your FET fx your little rainbow will be on its way. Where abouts in Aus r u? I'll speak to FS next time about the Saizen, he just mentioned Menopur last time so not he had plans on me taking anything else but want to throw everything I can at this next cycle, amh was 6.9 on last check. Bib with the Puregon/gonal what are the reasons for mixing it up? Look forward to hearing about your scan too, so excited for u, have a nice w/e all, looks like 44 here tomorrow, good day to go see a movie just waiting at the airport to pick up dh, home another week, always good to get him home take care ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls...............

Booboo: Most FS like to mix the Menopur with either Gonal-F or Puregon as Menopur is FSH and LH combined rather than just FSH alone like Gonal-F or Puregon and I think that they don't want to overdo the LH which may affect egg quality if too much is taken hence why they mix it up although its quite common to just use Menopur as the FSH in a cycle, so it will depend on what he wants to do.

Definitely worth bringing up with him the addition of Saizen or Luveris and see what his take on it is. Anything that could maximise your chances is definitely worth a go (or at least a discussion). Am hoping your DH arrived home safely and you and your cats are finding some relief from the dreadful heat you're experiencing today I really feel for you and Mrs P......

Kenta: Yay for things moving along and BT's starting this week!! That'll make you feel like you're doing more and that this show is finally on the road!!! and for you luv!! Although there is a slight chemical difference between Gonal-F and Puregon, essentially, they do the same thing. It's just that some women respond better to one than the other (for some there's no difference) and for me, I used Puregon on my very first cycle (only because the Gonal-F stocks were low that day...was meant to use that) and I felt I had my best response egg-wise/fertilisation-wise on that cycle than all of the others leading up to this last cycle, plus I seemed to suffer less side effects with the Puregon than with the Gonal-F for some reason?? Anyhoo, as I said earlier, my gut feeling this last cycle was to go back to the Puregon and give it another go, just to see if there was any notable difference etc, so that's what I did

Hi to Emski..... (am loving your blog btw Luv!! You have a real talent with words girl..Fantastic!!!), Mrs P....how's the moving going?? Am hoping you and your family are staying cool today as well and this heatwave passes asap for you all, and Dom.........Where the bloody hell are you???

AFM: All good here. Have had a chillaxing Sat thus far. Just doing a bit of "domestic drudgery" and will shortly get the clippers out and cut DP's hair (I'm no hairdresser, but have perfected the art over the years of running the clippers over his head!!) then will help DP out a little later on this arvo doing some yardwork.

Tomorrow it's off to do some retail therapy and buy DP some new work shirts, etc and have a decent walk around the shops, maybe grab some brunch blah, blah, blah...nothing too strenuous, but will enjoy getting out and about and doing a bit of exercise

Am feeling a little more tired a little more often in the last few days and my breasts are slowly, but surely, inflating (but still not busting out of my bra's or anything) Not having any MS (again, could be the Prednisone masking it) or any other preggo symptoms other than those I've just mentioned. Still very early days, I know.

Ok my lovelies, must go and set up for DP's haircut. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and I look forward to hearing from you all soon. Until next time...............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-01-2014 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.............

Kenta: How's the BT's going so far?? Am hoping your body is co-operating and all levels rising as they should leading up to the "Big O" Not long now until you get those 2 passengers on board girl!! Am thinking of you

Boboo: I trust you, your DH and your furbabies survived the heatwave over the weekend?? Was watching the news and keeping an eye out. I hope you live nowhere near where the bushfires were?? Not long to go until you have your next appointment with your FS?? Am interested to find out what his next plan of attack will be

Mrs P: Ditto to you and your family r.e. The Heatwave. How's the unpacking going?? BTW...picked up that Crinone from Kate today, thanks again for passing it on, I really appreciate it

Emski: How you going luv?? How's the preparation for Cape Town coming along??

My Home Girl Dom: I really do hope you're ok Luv...am getting more concerned as the days go by. Come back soon!!!!

AFM: As you all know, I've been having major stress and anxiety leading up to my 7 week scan (which was today). Took myself off for a massage yesterday to try to chillax in preparation of what we might encounter and I must say, it did help.

So......I'm exactly 7 weeks today and I'm so pleased and relieved to tell you all that there's ONE "Belly Bean" on board!!!! Thank Christ for that!!! I nearly died when WDA told me "There's one, two and three there". I said "WHAAAAATTT??? You are joking aren't you??" and he goes "No" then I promptly burst into tears!!!!

DP was grinning as he could see on the monitor on the wall there was only 1 sac and embryo, but I was so nervous at first, I couldn't bring myself to look properly. Then WDA said "No, there's only 1" and I replied still in tears "Don't do that to me, I've been terrified for the last 3 weeks about this" and he apologised, but there's nothing to forgive I gave him a big hug when I left and I'll call the lab tomorrow and track down which embryologist ICSI'd my eggs and thank him/her too

Anyhoo...the "Belly Bean" is measuring perfectly for gestational age. The CRL (Crown to Rump Length) is 10mm and we saw and heard the heartbeat (although it was faint because it's still so early) which was ticking away at a healthy 120 beats per minute My EDD is 04/09/2014. Of course it's still early days, but so far, so good. Got two lovely little pictures to look at as well.

I'm going back in a little over 2 weeks time for another scan to check development etc and I've made an appointment with my GP on Fri morning so she can get a referral to the hospital organised asap. All going well, DP and I have decided to forgo the new BT's they offer and go straight into having a CVS done preferably at 11weeks.

I've done the research and I feel in our situation, it's better to go that route instead. The BT's aren't diagnostic, only a tool they use in conjunction with the NT tests/scan's etc and only 99% accurate, there's a small chance of a false positive coming back or an inconclusive result as well (but I know they would repeat the test if that happened) and at my age, there's a high probability that the test will come back as "high risk" and I'd then be offered to have a CVS or Amnio done anyway.

I understand there are risks with the CVS being done, but a <1% risk of miscarriage (probably even less than that with an experienced OB) is worth the benefit that the 100% certainty of the result will bring. Am hoping I can have it done at the hospital or else we can have it done privately which (like everything else in this game) is not cheap.

Ok girls, that's it for now. Look forward to hearing how you're all going and where you're all at. Until next time......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-01-2014 at 13:59.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely thrilled for you BinB ...a smile and a grin as I read your post. I"m glad you got only one on board as you wished. I haven't done my own research on the Down's testing but it's great you have done your own. It's such a dilemma. Good luck on the journey

Well I've had a couple of blood test and still not surge yet...I usually am late like day 18 or so anyway so it's still a fews days to a week away I think. I thought I was ovulating yesterday but what do you know it was just phantom pains judging by my blood test today. I don't enjoy blood tests as they seem to have trouble finding my veins and have struck up a couple of less confident blood takers. However, this I know is the price you pay for our dream. We are only transferring one as FS doesn't think 2 will increase our odds and I don't think he wants to deal with twins if we should be so lucky

Hi to all the other girls on this MrsP, emski, booboo, Dom

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for u BiB, u and your dh must be thrilled. Hope everything goes nice and smooth for the rest of your pregnancy. Will you find out the babies sex or wait for a surprise? The heat wave was terrible, went swimming at the beach on the Sunday the water was so warm thankfully we are about 40 min from where the bush fires were, so sad how many lost houses. I heard one person died and many lost animals, devasting have apt on the 28th Jan but I'm wondering whether to postpone till after dhs TESA. Kenta sorry u r having a hard time with the BT they do suck last time I had both arms poked as she couldn't get the vein on the 1st go, imagine doing that as a job no thanks lol, I'm fine though usually just as long as I look away from it. Hope u all r having a good week x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    GReat news BiB - so glad all was great in your scan.
    Thanks for reading the blog, its a good outlet.
    I'm just waiting now - have FS appt on wed and my Mc tests are back apparently so will find out what happened then
    then.

hello to all the other ladies, hope you're well

Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls.....................

Thanks ladies for all your kind thoughts and wishes

Kenta: Sounds like you're headed in the right direction and as you say, if you "O" on the later side usually, then it's only a matter of time luv before the BT's show that you're heading for your surge. Fair enough if your FS feels there's no benefit to transferring more than one embryo, I disagree personally at our age, but if you and your DH are happy to go with his recommendations, that's all that matters Yes, I have problems with my veins too. Despite being a smaller build, they do lie deeply in my arms, so can be a bit tricky to find. Yep, it's the price we pay allright!! It is a bit of a dilemma deciding what's best and now I'm considering whether to wait and do the amnio instead as it tests for that little bit more than the CVS does though I think what we'll do is talk to them up at the hospital and see which test they advise in our circumstances and make a final decision from there. Will be keeping my eye out for your updates girl!!!

Booboo: Am so relieved you and your DH weren't caught up in those bushfires. It always distresses me to see the impact it has on people, the environment and the animals. Makes me cry If you feel there's nothing that pressing you want to discuss with your FS, I don't see why you can't reschedule your appointment to a date after the TESA and closer to the time of your next cycle?? Up to you girl. I had to LOL when I read your comment "Imagine doing that for a job, no thanks" as I am a phlebotomist by trade, though I have put that career on the backburner whilst I've been going through the last few rounds of IVF and my mum got sick. I stepped down into casual admin work instead as I wanted the flexibility to be able to do the IVF as stress free as possible and be there for my mum and all her appointments and treatments too. The worst one's I've found at taking blood are the doctor's themselves at the hospital!! When I was in there for the OHSS, the resident looking after me missed 3 times even when I told her which vein to go for from the beginning!! Yes, DP and I are cautiously happy and we will find out the sex when we have the testing done. We've had enough surprises on this rollercoaster already

Emski: I can imagine the blog would be a cathartic experience for you as well and it's always good to have an outlet to express your thoughts and feelings. I'll be thinking of you on Wed when you have your appointment. No doubt it will be quite emotional for you and your DH though I'm hoping it will give you both the answers as to what happened and why At least you both have Cape Town and all the excitement of this new journey to focus on and March is only a stones throw away!!!

Hello to Mrs P and Dom too.....Hope all's well with you both

Ok girls, just wanted to stop by and say thank-you Have a great day and until next time......................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bib - looking forward to hearing whether it's a little boy or girl bean, how r u feeling not too sick with morning sickness? I seriously wouldn't be able to draw blood off someone lol, I'd probably pass out. Did u have to do much training for that? I'd really like a change in careers, currently working in an accounting environment which can be a tad boring. I just need to get my act together and maybe start some study part time. Kent a hope all is going well for u. Emski I had a look at your blog too, it's great some of what u said is exactly how I feel, I'm really not sure where I fit, I haven't even got to do a transfer this journey can be such a lonely one at times. Wishing u all the best for your DE cycle, sending lots of baby dust xo. Another hot w/e in Perth with 36 degrees, have a nice w/e all TGIF x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Booboo: How are you, your DH (is he home this weekend?) and furbabies coping with the heat?? Hope it ends soon for you all. Sweetie, you fit right here with all of us and you will get to transfer, you have to keep believing that. Yes, this journey is lonely at times, challenging, heartbreaking, frustrating, tiring, draining...too many adjectives to describe all the emotional and mental high's and low's we all go through, but there's also a feeling of hope, excitement, dreams coming true etc. You and your DH's case is more challenging than others, but all the hard work, commitment, disappointments and whatever other obstacles you may experience along the way will make the victory of your BFP that much sweeter when it happens Hang in there luv, you can do it!!!

I'm feeling fine and am not experiencing any MS at all at this point. I'm still having all the same symptoms I've been having since the beginning: bloating, swollen but not overly sore breasts, tiredness that admittedly is increasing, increased CM, constipation and in the last few days I've noticed the "frequent urination" has stared to kick in, but again, nothing major. I'm also still experiencing vivid dreams and off and on insomnia. I don't know whether to be concerned about the lack of MS or grateful that it hasn't started yet???

Yes, you have to train to be a phlebotomist. Some places do "in-house" training to obtain qualifications and other places you combine TAFE training for the theory side of it and do all the practical training on the job. It takes some time to learn everything and only time and experience will make you a good vampire But even then, you're only human and that combined with other factors (such as veins being flat because you're ill or dehydrated, small veins that roll easily, medications that make you more prone to bleeding/bruising etc, scar tissue in the veins...the list goes on) can cause you to "miss" the vein when taking a sample which I totally understand doesn't inspire confidence in the specimen collector and can cause the collector to lose confidence as well if he/she is not very experienced.

Some part-time study might just be the ticket luv!! What were you thinking of studying?? The world really is your oyster in that regard, there's so much out there to choose from. My BFF is juggling FT work with studying accounting externally at the moment. Might also be a good distraction from the IVF for you too??

Ok, must go for now. About to help DP do some gardening outside. Another chillaxing weekend for us here. TBH, we're pretty broke at the moment, so having to lay low for awhile to build up the reserves again. Next thing on the "to do" list is to replace "The Heap" (for all the ladies who don't know, "The Heap" is the Heap of Sh$t I've been driving around for years as every spare cent we earn has gone into the kitty to be used for IVF over the last couple of years. DP drives the "good car" for his work and I make do with "The Heap").

Anyhoo...shout out to Mrs P, Dom, Kenta and Emski while I'm at it too Hope all you lovely ladies are having a good weekend thus far. Until next time..................