+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope u have had a good week. MrsP glad to hear your little one is on the mend. Bib great news on your nos, I wonder how many r in there, I bet your so anxious to find out how exciting had a good nite new yrs we had the bbq at a friends place as expected there was a lot of talk about pregnancy/babies from a few of the others but I shut off from it as much as I could and had a good time one girl who knows we have been trying for a while mentioned last time I saw her maybe u should see a FS sooner rather than later asked if we went to see one. I kinda went a bit quiet she then said at least u will know, I then said it might just not happen for us and said we know a few things without going into it. I said to her a bit later that night that it isn't easy to talk about and she understood. One other girl said I can't wait for you 2 to have kids, she said it about 2 times. We have an apt 28/01 Bib but wondering whether to postpone till mar, dh has a tentative booking for TESA 07/03 he is getting worried , don't blame him will be a big thing, keeping my fx he will still do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - great news that your Ohss is getting better, and a big woohoo for your beta's doing the right thing. I could just imagine how contented you must have felt while seeing the new year in. DP ruled beside you asleep, and a brand new BFP. Watching every spray of firework go off, and thinking, this is truly a new year and a new chapter.

I was thinking the new chapter thing too, but rather more reluctantly. My soul misses the beauty of cairns. I miss the energy I would get when after rain, I would look up at the hill and literally watch them breath. The clouds grow up the hill, out of the rainforest, and I couldn't t help but take a deep breath and smile.

Dom. - happiest of birthdays to you my dear. I'm hoping the new moon on New Year's Day will bring you the new beginning you desire as well. You certainly deserve a break.
    When do you have your lap scheduled for?

kenta, - you should be well and truly into your FET cycle now. Are you jabbing or going natural? I hope you can be the second of this group to get a long awaited BFP.

Em, - I'm so glad you are getting closer to your SA trip. I will be so excited to follow your story ...

booboo, - I'm glad you got through New Year's Eve OK. It's never easy fending off the, when are you having kids style questions. I still get it, but regarding # 2. My old mums group have just about all had a second. It was hard looking at the happy face book photos at their kids, knowing that mine (my MC) should be around the same age.

Whoh me! LOL... Well I'm CD 28. AF should be showing up any day. Cramping has started, which I wasn't getting the whole 8 1/2 months I was on DHEA. Other than that, we move into a house in 6 days. Can't wait to have all our things. But not looking forward to unpacking it all. It will be so nice to be in our own place though.

Have a great weekend girls. Look forward to Hearing about your visit with WDA on Monday BinB. I can imaging the room full of beaming smiles. Oh try hang out till 7 weeks for your scan hon. Always better for seeing that all important HB. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow BinB great news things are heading in right direction for you and can't wait to hear about your scan and visit back to the amazing WDA for making your dreams come true. I'm already thinking about doing another cycle if this FET doesn't work. I'm not pessimistic. I'm just thinking ahead all the time as time ticks on otherwise and it's not getting easier. I'm thinking I might do the same type of cycle you did to get your bfp BinB either with my FS or maybe go back to WDA to give it one last crack.

I have scan next week and doing it all natural this FET. Thanks for your kind thoughts MrsP, I'm hoping this is our year as it's been so long this journey and so many of our friends and colleagues have had 2 children in the time we have been trying. It's tough but as long as the child is loved and wanted I can't be sad thinking about our situation as I see how wanted all the children are wanted on this site and how special they all are.

Dom and Emski and booboo I'm hoping this is your year as well.

Thank you girls for all your thoughts and support on this journey and best wishes this year on yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.....................

BooBoo: Glad to hear you survived the NY's party and had a good time. Sometimes well meaning comments hurt though, but you handled it like a trooper girl, so good for you!! If you postpone your next cycle, that's ok. It will give the DHEA,Melatonin and supplements you and your DH are taking a better chance to get in there and do their job before you start again. The longer you take them, the better in my opinion. I was on all of mine for well over 6 months, so it won't do you any harm to continue on with them. Just make sure you do Your DH will be fine with the TESA. Mine did it twice after all and survived!!! LOL Let him know he can opt to go under a general anaesthetic to have it done or just a local (mine had a local both times). Yes, he will be sore for a few days and have a bit of bruising to his "crown jewels", but he will be fine And hopefully they'll get enough tubules/sperm to freeze for subsequent cycles should you need them.

Mrs P: Yay for finally moving into your new house!!! Am sure that's going to make the world of difference to your peace of mind luv. You sound homesick for Cairns girl Is so hard moving and starting afresh sometimes, but as you say, this is a new chapter in the book of you and your family's life. Who knows what's in store for you?? Lots of love, peace and happiness I hope....making new friends and having good times too How is your DS feeling now?? Hopefully going from strength to strength. Must say, that's weird about AF cramps now that you've stopped the DHEA?? Oh, and I'll find out from FN Kate about whether the Crinone you dropped off is still available.

Kenta: Good luck with your scan next week girl!! Am sure everything will be A-OK and your body will co-operate and play the game like it should. There's nothing wrong with planning ahead, I think it's wise in this game and in no way means you're pessimistic, just realistic. I tote's understand as I know the other girls will too. If you want to have another crack at a stim cycle if need's be then do it for your own peace of mind if anything. I did do a few things differently this cycle...mainly I changed WDA's high FSH that's apart of this protocol(which I did last cycle) and went back to what I felt works better for me and that's at 300IU(that was increased to 400IU a few days before EPU). I also changed from Gonal-F back to Puregon as I had a gut feeling that I should, so I did. And I had another Endometrial Scratch done prior to the cycle beginning (did that on my first cycle with WDA too). Other than that, I followed his protocol as directed. That's the great thing about him, he's flexible and if you want to alter the protocol slightly etc, he'll go with what you want to do or he'll tell you straight up if he thinks your idea's a bad one. Let us know how you get on after your scan girl!!!

Dom and Emski...........Hope all's well in your respective world's girls and you're both having a beautiful weekend

AFM: Was absolutely putrid here yesterday!!! Thank Christ it didn't get to the forecast 41 deg's because 38.7 was bad enough!! I filled up the bath (thank god it's a big, long one) and got in and out of it every 30mins-hr starting from 11am onwards. The fan's were useless, blowing hot air at me and you could feel the heavy, hot air everywhere surrounding you like an oven. There was no escape or relief until about 3-3.30pm yesterday arvo. Thankfully, we get a reprieve today as it's forecast to reach around 32 deg's and then the fun starts again tomorrow with a hideous 36 deg's slated..... Frigging hate summer (and having no aircon)!!!!!

Am going into WDA's building on Tues morn for another blood test so will make an appointment for a scan then (yes, Mrs P, will wait for 7 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to see me sooner once he finds out about the OHSS and my hospital stint). At the moment I'm more anxious than excited as I don't feel there's anything to get excited about at the moment as it's such early days. It's not that I'm expecting to be told bad news, but am preparing myself just in case. I know that sounds pessimistic and cynical, but we all know things can change in a matter of hours/days and I feel it's better for me to just distract myself for now, not think about things too much and play it by ear at this point.

Most people wouldn't understand why I feel this way, but thankfully, I know you girls do. It's better for my peace of mind to remain as detached as possible until I know everything's ok and this pregnancy is viable and there's a long way to go and a multitude of tests before that happens. Having bugger all preggo symptoms helps me to do that more easily at the moment too. Am back to work tomorrow, so that'll be a good distraction and help alleviate the anxiety and sheer terror I feel sometimes when I think about how many there may be in there etc.

A lot of people would be excited at the thought of multiples, but I'm not one of them. I can't lie girls, it would not be a good thing for me (physically, emotionally etc etc. I'd have absolutely no support from anyone....both my sisters work fulltime and have children of their own to raise, my mum has cancer and lives on the central QLD coast and DP, sadly, isn't close to his family who are spread out all over QLD anyhoo) or us (financially etc...we are low income earner's..."blue collar" workers who weren't eligible for "Low-cost IVF" because they don't do TESA procedures and refused to work with DP's frozen sperm, so consequently, we are pretty much to all intents and purposes, broke) not to mention the risks to me physically (and this pregnancy will already be classed as "high risk" due to my age) and to them short term and long term if they were to be born early etc,etc and the list goes on and on.

People have a romanticised view about multiple's but the reality is very different (one of my extended family members has twins and I see how hard it is for them and they are way younger and way better off in every way than DP and I and they have a truckload of support in looking after them as well) and it's not always a good thing for some people, so I'm praying there's only one in there or I'm not sure what we're going to do.....I debated about whether to be so honest about how I'm feeling as I know how ungrateful this makes me sound (believe me when I tell you that I feel so grateful and blessed after all we've been through to get this BFP and be given a real chance), but I'm not the kind of person who can pretend to feel something I don't. Maybe it's better I keep my thoughts to myself?? I can't help that for us, in our situation, having multiples would not be the ideal situation. Can't help but think the Universe will smite me now for feeling this way. Rightly or wrongly, it's how I feel and I don't expect any of you girls to agree or even know what to say, am just hoping you all (and the ladies following along at home) won't judge me too harshly.

Anyhoo girls, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Am off down the shops soon to do a few things and then I'm going to cook a lovely brunch for DP and I to eat out on the deck. Take care my lovelies and until next time......

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-01-2014 at 17:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gl with the move MrsP, it must be hard seeing f/b pics, I decided to inactivate mine, I just couldn't handle seeing all the baby pics anymore I also used to be glued to it so it's for the best for now anyway. Kenta all the best for your scan next week hope this is it for u. Bib dh will be going under for the TESA, I'm just a little concerned as when they tried to freeze a normal sample it didn't survive the thaw/refreeze. I keep hearing mixed reports of them being able to possibly find better quality sperm but then you hear some can be less mature, fx it goes ok. Better get to transfer this cycle if not could be all over getting a bit over this heat too, think it's heating up to 40 in Perth later in the wk. can understand how u would be feeling like that after going through so much. Hope the next few weeks goes quick for u, if there is 1/2 or 3 in there look at it as it's meant to be, sorry to hear u haven't got a lot of support around u, what about friends? Any u can really rely on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - don't worry hon. No one here is judging you for how you feel. Not that it is a bad way to feel anyway. What is right for you, is right for you!

To be honest, when I got my bfp with DS, I was relieved he was a singleton for some of the same reasons you mentioned. However I would have been happy with twins too. And now that TTC is all over for me, I really wish I'd had two.

It is hard with multiples! No doubt at all! But if you found yourself in that situation you would cope. I assure you! You are smart, and full of life experience, and very resourceful, I think!

My sister had ID twins at 40. (Natural conception.) They were low earners as well. No help either, as She had no family or friends in Melb. Her DPs mum was there, but she was useless and my sis didnt want her around at all. The twins were born at 26 weeks and both with cleft pallets. They were in hospital for the first 4 months, where they got brilliant care (no health insurance). Her support group became the ladies with bubs in the NICU, and later her mums group. The girls are 9yo now, with a nearly 8 yo brother. They are still low earners. My sister has only now gone back to work part time/casual. The kids are super happy and healthy, they get everything they need, and allot of what they want. It's amazing what she has achieved. Of which I put down to her intelligence, age etc. She talked about an on line forum called super savers, where she got some great ideas... But I regress.

Just know that it's your wisdom and knowledge that makes you so weary of multiples. But if you found yourself there, it will be those qualities that will help you cope with what ever came about. Oh, and as I've said before, I had high beta's too, but it was just one very sticky little munchkin .

Good luck on Tuesday my dear. One step of this long journey at a time, hey hon! ...

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls...................

Just a quick post to update you on my BT results: 27dpo:12,668. So, again, to recap...16dpo:305, 18dpo:720, 20dpo:1180,23dpo:2570 and 27dpo:12,668. According to the BabyMed site, the average at 5w6d is 15,300 with anything between 10,140-23,340 considered the norm. I don't like the Betabase site as I don't think it gives you a true average, only the median of what women have posted (and there's not that many in the pool anyway).

Booked a scan for the middle of next week, so will see where we're at then Thank-you Mrs P and Booboo for your kind words and encouragement (and Booboo...no friends to help either. They're busy raising their own kids or concentrating on their career because their kids are old enough to look after themselves more or less which is sort of the norm at this age). Will just see what happens at this point. No use speculating until DP and I know what we're dealing with although the fact that my levels are increasing normally as they should is reassuring that all is going along nicely at this moment in time

Forgive me for not doing personals, but am posting a quickie reply from work I hope all you lovely ladies are travelling along beautifully and having a great Tues!! Ok, must get back to the grindstone for now.

Take care lovelies and until next time......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gl for next week, not long now, glad to hear all is going well. I'm nearly out of melatonin I'll ring or email FS tomorrow to get another script, they better not say I have to wait to see FS, we r paying enough as it is! Love the sleep I'm getting on that stuff, knocks me out I've been a bit inconsistent with taking the dhea, take it 3 times but sometimes I've forgotten to say take 1st tablet so have it late morning, do u think it matters? I guess as long as there is a good gap in between, it's a pain taking it 3 times a day 1 tablet would be easier. Cooler day here today 27 but heating up to 41 in a few days, my poor cats hate this heat. Did any if u have Saizen with a cycle? I'll be on Menopur next cycle, hoping this has a better effect on egg quality

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls..........

Booboo: Just ask them to add a few repeats to your script when they renew it. If they "umm" and "aah" about it, tell them it's not advised to stop and start the DHEA and Melatonin, but to take it continuously all they way up to EPU. Stopping and starting it may make it less effective. If they don't want to give you repeats, tell them to increase the amount prescribed. My FS always prescribed 100 capsules of each at a time and gave at least 3 repeats with it too. It shouldn't be an issue, but you never know. All FS and clinics are different with their "policies and procedures". Yes, it used to give me the best sleep too.

It doesn't matter if occasionally you have to take 2 DHEA capsules at a time. As long as you take the 3 a day that's fine. I did that myself a few times, it won't do any harm on the days you forget as long as those are in the minority. As for the Saizen, I tried it myself in Cycle 4 along with the Gonal-F/Menopur combination. Personally, I don't think it made any significant difference to me, however one of our embryo's that cycle was graded better on Day 3 than on any previous cycle. But whether that was due to the Saizen or a better egg/sperm combo, who can say with any certainty??? It comes in a powder form that you mix with liquid provided (same as the Menopur). It's not complicated though, so don't worry.

In saying that, I'm glad I did try it and I definitely advocate giving it a go if you can afford to. From my research, I've found that it does make a significant difference to some women (mainly those in your age group and younger) and for others like myself, not so much. It's just one of those things like the DHEA and Melatonin that you won't know if it's going to make any kind of difference until you try it. Is your FS planning on just using Menopur alone for your next cycle or is he going to use it in conjunction with the Gonal-F or Puregon?? Usually, the protocol is to alternate one day with Gonal-F /Puregon, the next with Menopur. You could even enquire about adding Luveris to the mix too (is used for egg/embryo quality too sometimes).

Thank God our heatwave has passed for the time being. I really feel for you and your puddy cats in that kind of heat. It's disgusting!! Hopefully you have aircon at your place (unlike us) Do your best to stay cool luv

Kenta: Hello girl...are you any closer to a date for your FET?? Am thinking of you and sending lots of your way. this is the cycle for you and your DH!!!

Mrs P: By my guesstimation (and judging from your previous post), I'm guessing tomorrow is moving day for you and your family!!! Finally, your own place again!! Hope the moving and unpacking is smooth sailing and stress free How's your DS faring now?? Back to 100%???

Emski: What's happening with you luv?? Biding your time and counting down the days is my guess Mind you, you'll have flights, accommodation etc to sort out before then. Exciting times ahead with a BFP at the end of it I'm hoping!!! Am sending you some in advance girl....it doesn't hurt to plan ahead does it???

And last, but certainly not least, my Home Girl Dom.....How are you luv and more to the point, where are you??? Am missing you girl and wondering if you're ok?? Have you and your DP returned from your travels down south?? It must be getting close to the time for having your Lap done then off to Bali for your holiday??? (or have I got the two things totally mixed up??) When do you think you'll get your next cycle underway?? Am also channeling and keeping everything crossed that you'll get your BFP this time. Am beseeching the "Fertility Gods" on your (and the other girls) behalf's I do hope all's well in your world Luv and you'll be back soon to let us know you're ok. The "worry wort" Virgo side of me is starting to rear its ugly head...LOFL!!!

Ok my lovelies, must go for now. All's well with me. Am 6 weeks today and counting, but not much else to say at this moment in time. Every day is a bonus in this game I feel. Hope you've all had a good day. Take care and until next time............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 08-01-2014 at 15:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rang FS and a script will be posted def don't want no gaps between the meds after all this. He didn't mention anything about mixing the Menopur but I'll ask at the next apt about the combo u suggested and additional Luverius, haven't heard of that. Thanks for that, it's good to know. Another 6 wks and u will be at 12 weeks hope it flys by, have a lovely w/e, hot 43 here sat, geez that's hot