+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    lol Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    HI Kenta and Emski.........

Thanks girls.... Have spent the whole time since I posted researching and you're right Kenta, the HCG levels aren't predictive (especially at this point...Monday's follow up could give me more of a hint, but not necessarily) and we won't know anything until we go for a scan in a couple of weeks.

Found a HCG level chart on BabyMed.com that says the average HCG for 4w2d(which I think I am) is 300 with the range being anywhere from 200-400. Again, not indicative of how many are in your oven, but it has calmed me down a little bit

I'm really hoping there's not 3 tbh, as that would require DP and I to have to make some difficult decisions. Don't want to be having to do a "Mary Coustas" if I can help it. So, won't allow my mind to go there if you girls know what I mean??

Ok, am off again.....Be keeping an eye out for your posts ladies. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend Until next time......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-12-2013 at 13:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Super dooper exciting news BinB, - a huge congrats on your official
    Bfp.

BTW, - my beta was about 540 on 17dpo, for DS. The nurses said twins for that one, but he was just a strong one. The poor dear has been off all day today. But the up side was that I got lots of cuddles. Hmm, is that a bad thing to think?

Hi Kenta, Em. And Dom I hope your dad has a lovely time at his party tomorrow night. I'm sure you've organised a huge hit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for u BIB MrsP hope your little one is better soon. Dh got home last night he works FIFO, good to have him home gets a but lonely sometimes. Feeling a bit anxious ladies we just committed to going to a friends place for new yrs, we haven't seen some friends for a while due to dh working away and missing things so know we will be getting lots of questions fired our way. I know one will be coming with a new bub so especially anxious about how I will be around the little cherub. One is also newly pregnant and a few others are trying so you can imagine what the conversations are going to be like. Ill need to try and switch off, might have a wine before I go to calm my nerves, aggh in some ways I don't want to go but then I'll be the boring one. Will do dh good to see his friends too. How's everyone else spending new yrs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Booboo! He's feeling a bit better now, just tired. He threw up a couple of times last night. Pink jelly, Mmmm!

BinB, - did you pick up those 3 boxes of crinone, etc from Wazzas? You're going to need them and they are expensive outside of your cycle.

How are you feeling today?

Hi Dom, Kenta, Em. Have a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls......................

Mrs P: Thanks for the huge congrat's and the heads up about your DS's levels. Has made me feel a bit more reassured plus reading on one of the other threads about a lovely lady there who recently got a BFP with twins and her levels were way more than mine at almost the exact same day of testing (not that anything's a given of course, just gives me more reassurance that's all...or maybe a false sense of security???)

I'm sorry your DS's been unwell, but I think I know what you're getting at with the cuddles thing I'm guessing he's starting to get to that independent stage where cuddles/kisses are most probably being rationed at times!!! I say take them when you can get them

Booboo: That's great your DH's back in town. I know you've been having a rough time of it lately and I'm sure it does get lonely at times, especially when you're feeling blue. Before long, it'll be your turn to cycle again luv, and hopefully with all the extra stuff you've been doing in the meantime plus the different approaches your FS is going to use will mean you being PUPO before too long!! You know I'll be watching you like a hawk the whole time!!

Yes, it's always bittersweet (sometimes more bitter/sad than sweet) to be around preggo women and babies. I'm assuming they don't know you and your DH are doing IVF?? Are you concerned they'll be asking awkward questions about when you two are having kids ("When we're good and ready" would be my response) or just having to be around the baby/preggo women?? As difficult as it is, try to be happy for them (along with all the other feelings,longing,envy and sadness that come sometimes as well), ultimately, try to be happy for them for it isn't their fault they can conceive easily and we can't. That being said, by all means, have a glass of vino or two to fortify yourself and try to steer the conversation in another direction if it starts to become overwhelming for you You can get through it luv, I know you can!!!

Hello to my other lovelies....Dom, Emski and Kenta. Hoping you're all fine and dandy and having a lovely weekend

AFM:Ended up going to my other sisters today instead of Boxing Day as she was ill with some kind of stomach bug (so gave her a wide berth of course). Still feeling pretty much the same, no real increase in symptoms yet, but I guess it's early days. Feeling what I'd call "seedy" in the mornings (that flat,kind of tired, "bleh" feeling when you're hungover) that is either accompanied (or not) by a headache not long after I wake up or sometime during the day, though today's been pretty much headache free.

Still not interested in food, still bloated and had to take "drastic action" last night to deal with the never ending constipation and although it sounds like I'm whinging, I'm not girls, I'm happy to take all this and no doubt more (should everything be ok), just wanting to share is all (but not too much, because I don't want to make any of you girls feel sad etc, I really don't and I really do understand those feelings, believe me).

Am looking forward to a quiet night and a lazy Sunday tomorrow then off for the second BT Monday morning to check the levels again. Ok my lovelies, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks again for all your support and encouragement, it means the absolute world to me especially as DP and I are keeping things on the QT (except for less than a handful of family/friends) until we know that everything's ok with this pregnancy and we've got a healthy, happy "belly bean", so all you girls are my main support network (as you always have been)

Until next time.............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 28-12-2013 at 17:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worried about both Bib but I think that's pretty natural, they know we have been trying just don't know the ivf part and not feeling comfortable talking about it with them, at this stage anyway. I am so happy for them, one is 2nd time preggo so a little brother or sister for there 2 yr old I guess just what gets me the most is the fact that some friends ask me over and over again, last time I just said I'll let u know if it happens! I think I'm fine if I'm not reminded so much. Enjoy that lazy Sunday they r always good, look forward to hearing your beta results mon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsP, Dom, BooBoo, Em, BinB...hope you all had a fantastic christmas...I'm glad I know for sure you did BinB . Actually I'm still hyper about it still .

I'm looking forward to the New Year...always seems like a way to start afresh again. AF hasn't arrived yet but should be soon...hopefully we can get this FET on the road. Not impatient but hoping my body still works still.

Hope blood test is good today BinB...sounds like just for interest?
    Mrs P hope your DS is better.
    Em wishing you a new start next year on your donor journey.
    Boo always hard discussing ivf and the never ending "when are you going to have children" with people who are just thinking they are helping.

OK...have procrastinated enough...must go to the gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls.....................

Just letting you all know I was admitted into hospital yesterday for mild/moderate OHSS!!! "WTF??" I know you're all thinking, as was I when the doctor gave me the diagnosis. I nearly fell off the bed (whether that was in shock or pain???....).

Anyhoo, woke up yesterday morning massively bloated and in terrible pain, could barely bend over, walk, stand etc and also had extreme nausea and vomiting to boot. I still had the increased thirst and despite drinking loads over the last week,(but especially the last few days), I had noticed that my urine output had dwindled to very little and was a darkish apple juice colour. Tried lying down for a few hours, but grew steadily worse and when I started having head spins and almost passing out, I got DP to take me to Emergency.

Was quickly admitted, put on a drip and given IV painkillers and Maxalon etc. BT's were run (my white cell count came back elevated indicating some kind of infection that they are at a loss to explain), an internal/external scan was done (couldn't see "belly bean" as it's too early) and urine tested (no white cells in there or any other nasties).

After about 5 hours or so when all the test/scan results were in, the doctor came back and told me I have a mild/moderate case of OHSS and of course, being preggo has made all the symptoms worse. My ovaries are >8cm's and I have some free flowing fluid in my abdomen. I was shocked and still at a loss to understand how it's happened as WDA only got 8 eggs and my E2 levels were under 4000 I guess it just goes to show that it can happen to anyone at anytime.

Now I know all the symptoms I've been writing off as preggo or Progesterone symptoms haven't been, they've been OHSS symptoms, so I feel like a bit of a dunce not noticing that, but then I never thought I'd ever be a candidate due to lowish egg numbers and ok E2 levels plus not having any obvious symptoms after EPU. "Head Honcho Gynae Doc" says it'll take 1-2wks to resolve. I have to limit food(no probs there, still not interested in eating) and fluid intake to no more than 1.5L's a day (which is hard, because of this "excessive thirst" thing going on) and rest and that's about all I can do.

I'm at home now (he was going to keep me in, but as we live only 10mins away from the hospital, he decided I can be monitored at home in consultation with my GP on the proviso that if I get any worse etc I'm to return to hospital immediately) and am still sick as a dog (any woman that goes through this deserves a medal, especially the more severe form...FFS!! Those women are stars!!) though marginally better than yesterday. Have been given Maxalon and pain-killers to take as needed.

Am finding it difficult getting all of WDA myriad of tablets down due to the nausea and vomiting, but when I had a follow-up appointment with my GP this morning, she told me I can't just stop the Progynova and Ralovera (I was concerned especially about the Ralovera..i.e that a sudden drop in Progesterone could lead to a bleed and she agreed), so I have to at least get those down along with the Prednisone and baby aspirin too. I'm glad I'm on the Clexane now as apparently OHSS puts you at an increased risk of DVT's in the legs or lungs and the way they prevent that in hospital is with heparin, so got that covered as well.

Am confident all is well with the "belly bean" despite not being able to see anything on the scans. I've had no uterine cramping, spotting or bleeding etc and my Beta levels yesterday at 18dpo were 720 (16dpo:305), so everything's ok there. Will wait now until tomorrow or Thurs to do another Beta (today is my official test day).

After my GP visit earlier, I went and got Sustagen and some sports drinks and am just about to go and lie down for a while. I just wanted to keep you girls in the loop and let you know what the go is.

Ok my lovelies, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend (better than mine anyhoo!!) and I'll keep you all posted as we go along. Until next time.............

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-12-2013 at 12:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in shock BinB as I would have ever thought you or any of us girls would get OHSS although I know all about the theoretical risk. I'm glad you got checked out and you are going to be fine. Take it easy and wishing you a speedy recovery.