+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Well, hello Ladies................

How was everyone's Christmas?? I do hope you all had a wonderful day with your family/friends. It was just DP and I this year, which was lovely and under the circumstances, turned out to be the best thing all round.

We went over to drop off Xmas pressies to my youngest sisters place on Xmas eve and while I was there we were having a girlie chat about everything and I was bemoaning the fact I thought this cycle had failed again as I was having no symptoms besides slightly swollen breasts, on and off cramps and some headaches all of which were no doubt side effects of the Progesterone etc blah, blah, blah.

When we got home later that night, I was in the bathroom performing my nightly "ablutions" before bed and when I'd finished going to the toilet, I wiped and there it was.....bright pink staining on the toilet paper Readied myself for impending AF and went out and told DP "Merry Xmas, my period's just started. Obviously that's what these cramps have been about the last few days". DP was crushed, then I said "Oh well, it could of been worse, it could of shown up first thing in the morning and really spoiled the day". I then went to bed wondering why I wasn't having any cramps (as cramping and bleeding go hand in hand with AF and I), then dismissed the thought as I remembered how bad last cycle's BFN AF was......painful, heavy etc and figured because she'd arrived so late, I'd have all that to look forward to the next day. With that depressing thought in mind, I went to sleep (a very broken, restless sleep I might add).

Cue Xmas morning (11dpt3dt), I'm in the bathroom and changing my "feminine hygiene product" when I notice there's no blood (only dried brown blood from the night before's spotting/staining, no tell tale cramps or heavy feeling in my stomach etc.....) "WTF's going on??" I thought "This isn't right" As you can imagine, I was tired and confused and over the whole thing by then. "F**k it!!, I'm going to do a HPT. I know it'll be negative. I won't even tell DP, I'll just see the BFN with my own eyes, throw the stick away and get on with the day. Frigging knew I should of got a few UDL's for today".

So, I took the test and as I watched the sample move across the window, straight away the impression of the first line came up. "WTF???" and as I watched the test complete itself and the seconds tick by to the 3 min mark, I watched my BFP unfold in front of my eyes!!! That's right girls, MY BFFP!!!!!!! As you can imagine I was in the bathroom chanting all sorts of nonsense about being pregnant and having a baby and after about 5 mins I went and woke DP and told him what happened. He was happy, but cautious because of what happened on Cycle 1.

The line was a good, strong line (not quite as dark as the control, but not far off) and I spent most of yesterday looking at the test not quite believing that it was true. Because of the Xmas closures, I'm not due for my Beta BT until Monday (when I'll be 19dpo..although it should be this Sat coming I have it) but am thinking of trying to sneak one in at my GP's surgery tomorrow or Sat. Until then, will just keep on POAS for reassurance. As long as the line is still there and not fading, then that's all I can ask for at this point.

I did my second test this morning and the line came up straight away like yesterday and it's dried to be a smidgen stronger than yesterdays and almost as strong as the control line today, so that's comforting to see at this stage and I feel that whatever this pregnancy will be, it's definitely not a Chemical this time. Only time will tell and DP and I are taking one day at a time. As we all know, things can change in this game at the drop of a hat and there's so many stepping stones ahead between getting a BFP and bringing home a healthy, happy baby.

I feel like I'm holding this huge metaphorical breath and that from here on in, every stepping stone we cross successfully on the way will be when I let just a little bit of breath out again. I'm still having bugger all symptoms at this point. The only things are still......slightly fuller breasts (with no pain, sensitivity, itchiness, blue veins etc...in fact, you could play the drums on them, they feel so normal), bloating (despite losing weight since EPU/ET), headaches, the odd vivid dream, I have no interest in food and am not hungry (when I do eat, I feel full after only a few bites or so), I feel a bit "off" in the mornings (though no nausea or even queasiness) and am finding it hard to drink my cuppa in the morn's too.
    I also have increased thirst..(the headaches/increased thirst started at 12dpo) and that's it ladies. If the test didn't show a BFP, I wouldn't believe it myself at this stage. I had more "preggo" symptoms after taking the Pregnyl booster shots, than what I have now!!! Oh, btw, forgot to mention I only took 2 booster shots instead of three as well (kind of sort of forgot the 3rd...woops), so when I took the HPT yesterday, it was 8dp my last Pregnyl shot too.

So that's where I'm at ladies!!!!! Can't believe one of the "3 Amigo's" has made itself at home!!! Thankfully, I've had no more spotting/staining episode's and I won't although I do understand they are fairly common and normal for us IVF girls. So now we wait for Beta bloods and see where we're at. Will update you as I go of course I've got a sticky, healthy and happy little "belly bean" growing inside!!! Good job "Santa Wazza"!!!!!

Ok girls, must go. Enjoy your Boxing Day. We're off to my other sisters later on today to drop off the rest of the Xmas presents. Take care my lovelies and until next time.........

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-12-2013 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls........

Here's the HPT's for the last 2 daysAttachment 48300

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (27-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    WooHoo Blondie!!! What a fantastic Christmas present! I'm so happy for you and DP, you deserve all the happiness that comes along with a BFP.
    Maybe its all the 3 amigos snuggling in! Lol.

Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sweet, so so happy for u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG OMG OMG OMGCONGRATULATIONS BLONDE I have tears of happiness ********* down my face for you. Finally all that has paid off. It doesn't get much better than a BFP on Xmas day that is so very special for you and DP. I had a hunch that it was just a matter timing and that the universe had a little Virgo bub in store for you guys . The only question is, is it , , or in your oven? I am so happy for you... you are such a wonderful soul and you deserve this so very much... Sorry this has to be such a quick post but am on my way out the door to my brother's place for the afternoon to do some secret squirrel pre-party stuff for my Dad's birthday... but I couldn't let your wonderful news pass without a quick post. I will be back later when I have more time.... Take care my dear I am wishing you a wonderful and uneventful journey to motherhood over the next 9 months
    Last edited by Domiffy; 26-12-2013 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you BinB, congratulations and well deserved....you've worked really hard to get here and it's the most amazing and wonderful christmas present. Enjoy the feeling and the wonderful news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WooHoooo BinB! That is Fantabulous news . Ooooh I had a good feeling about this one . Happy Xmas to you...

I am so happy for you and your DP. And I'm happy for us too. We needed some great news in here.
    Now for the positive Beta - here is some more . And it's baby steps from now on. One little hurdle at a time . And we will be right here with you...

I hope the rest of you girls are having a wonderful Xmas/new year as well. We had a busy day with DH's family yesterday. It was so lovely to watch DS play nicely with his 3yo cousin. Might be off up the coast a bit for NYE. Not that we will do anything, but it will be nice to give the inlaws and me some breathing space.

Em,- thank you so much for your response, you have a wonderful agument for going ahead with DE, but at this stage the idea of it for us is on the shelf. However things in my scrambled head change every week.

Hi to Dom, Kenta, Booboo. Talk again soon.

Dom, - breath in some of that wet season air for me will you please. I have lots of dried up boogers these days. Nice!

Looking forward to your updates BinB... Now I'm just hoping for twins for you. I would have loved one of DS's amegos to have stuck.

Xxx

MrsP... Signing off from the other side (2 to 3 hours behind you all) goodnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls...................

Thank-you all so much for your congrat's, well wishes and enthusiasm!!!! Even though it's early days, it's so comforting for me to have you all behind me (as I had no doubt you all would be) and believing that this pregnancy can go the distance.

To be honest with you girls, the thought of multiples is making me break out into a cold sweat and feel on the verge of an anxiety attack!!! One healthy, happy baby is all DP and I ever wanted, though in saying that, we'll gladly get what we're given and cross our bridges when we come to them so to speak (depending on the situation).

I also want you to know that no matter what happens from here on in, I have no intention of leaving this thread or of abandoning any of you girls (special shout out to my "Home Girl" Dom...). As far as I'm concerned, we're all in this together and I'm looking forward to following your journeys to your BFP's (for as long as you girls want to be apart of this thread that is) and of you all still being apart of mine Every single one of us is deserving of a healthy, happy baby (or 2). We ALL work bl**dy hard at this and we're all good souls too!!! I'm keeping my 2014 is the year for all of us girls

AFM: POAS again this morning and the line is now darker than the control line so can't ask for more than that at this stage. FN Kate e-mailed me a request form for S&N pathology for Monday's Beta, but have decided to print off an extra copy and head down there this morning for an early test...(I'm sure you girls have worked out by now that I have "issues" with "compliance" from time to time)

I know the QFG Nurse is there today until around 3pm I think (and for a couple of hours in the morning both on Sat and Sun) so hopefully the results will be back by then. WDA has marked the test "urgent" and I think I may just write "2pm" in the space left next to "FAX RESULTS BY:" I just want to get a baseline idea of what my levels are before Monday's BT so I can see for myself the doubling times (all going well with todays BT result of course). I'm also hoping the levels may give me some insight into how many of the "3 Amigo's" may have made themselves at home??

Ok my lovelies, must go for now. Be back to update when I get the results back (assuming the place is even open today?? Can't see why not, it's not a public holiday) Anyhoo girls, I hope all's well in your respective worlds and special shout out to Dom.......hope your dad's party preparation is all done and dusted now luv....Many Happy Returns for his b'day tomorrow!!! Have a fantabulous night at the party!! Am sure it'll be a huge success!!!

Until next time my lovelies...........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-12-2013 at 06:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls..........

The QFG nurse just rang with my BT results (16dpo) HCG:305 and Progesterone:591. FFFaaarrrrkkk....... I think there's definitely more than "1 Amigo" in there!!! The nurse said it could just be high at this stage (but I doubt it), will see what Monday's blood's reveal. Am feeling quite anxious now girls, but very happy too, don't get me wrong

The Progesterone levels aren't surprising when you take into account the amount of Progesterone I'm on..Crinone,pessaries and pills, so who knows what the true levels of that are, but it's enough and that's all that matters

Ok am off for now girls...Need to get my head around a few things. DP is going to freak right out I know when I tell him Hope you're all having a great day and until next time......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-12-2013 at 13:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting to get blood confirmation on your pregnancy. That is so wonderful I can feel your elation. It's such incredible news. It was me BTW who said what are you going to do with triplets....I'm sure it will be interesting to find out how many when you get your scan. I don't think HCG is that predictive of number of babies but that is definitely a positive result.
    Last edited by Kenta; 27-12-2013 at 12:18.