Kenta: Thank-you so much for taking the time and presenting a well balanced argument for Day3 and 5 transfers. And now that I'm over my initial disappointment etc and have processed things, you are absolutely right...4 out of 6 is a pretty good fertilisation result all things considered. And yes, I agree, we do want perfection, especially when egg numbers are low. For me, it feels like "safety in numbers" especially if I'm growing them out to Day 5.
The other two eggs were no good anyway. One just didn't fertilise for some reason, the egg was empty and the other as I mentioned earlier, fertilised abnormally, so they were out from the beginning. We're going to have 3 transferred again (would love to put in all 4, but 3 apparently is the limit), like last cycle, so based on that, my DP and I don't see any point in growing them out to Day 5 and are opting to have a Day 3 transfer on Sat (all going well of course, and there being 3 of our embies still alive and kicking) plus none of our excess embryo's in the past have ever been good enough to freeze, even when they did make it to blasty's on Cycle's 1 and 2, so, again, cannot see the point of waiting until Day 5. I did query WDA (before starting this cycle) about doing a "freeze all" at Day 3 (thinking I might have better success with a FET) this time, but he said it's too risky to do that in case the embies don't survive either the freeze or thaw and that personally, in his practice, his preg rates were 50/50 fresh or frozen and if he thought frozen was the way to go, he'd implement that as standard practice.
No, you haven't made my decision harder luv. I very much appreciate and value your input (as I do Dom's and all my other lovely ladies that want to weigh in). As soon as I heard only 4 fertilised, my initial feeling was to have a Day 3 transfer. I just needed to think about all angles of both arguments and what would be right for us in our situation (i.e...not a lot of numbers and usually only producing average grade embies).
I also needed to give myself a kick up the a r s e and remember to be grateful for what we do have instead of bit**ing and moaning about what we didn't (i.e all 6 embryo's fertilise). Things could of been so much worse and I could of got 0 fertilisation and 0 chance. There are some ladies out there who would love to have 4 embryo's like we do and be in with a chance like we are. Just had to remind myself and change my perspective and practice a bit more gratitude instead of selfishness and thanklessness.
Now that I've had an "attitude adjustment", I'm feeling more positive and hopeful again and yes, grateful we're getting another opportunity here Will find out in the morning how the "Fantastic Four" are travelling and what time ET will be on Sat. I also followed up the Intralipid infusion and apparently I was meant to have it after EPU, but the nurse who I told (and who was meant to follow it up with WDA and get orders written up for it) didn't (WDA told Kate no nurse had come to see him about it) so now if I want it, I'd have to wait until Monday, so am not going to have it now, which is fine, I haven't got immune issues, it was just another thing he wanted to try just because he can, so is no biggie for me
Ok my lovelies, forgive my whinging and whining earlier. I'll be back to update you all after I've spoken to Kate in the morning Until then................