+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Kenta.................

Wonder what the go is there with the pain situation?? It seems a bit strange doesn't it?? Yep, good idea to have an USS and suss out the situation there's no cysts or anything else lurking around down there!!!

Yes, the Intralipid is to cover immune issues, but as I have none either WDA or I know about, he's going to use it as a preventative for me...."just in case". There's no downside to using it, so might as well. I have been taking the prednisone and clexane this cycle (I did last cycle as well). And yep, those clexane hurt like a biatch, but I quickly learnt last cycle to ice up the area for aprrox 10 mins before I had the injection which takes the sting right out of it for me now and also minimises bruising, so that's what I do.

I think your elevated ANA warrants a further discussion there with your FS and maybe it would be better for you to treat yourself empirically with the clexane/prednisone (like WDA does) or maybe even have an infusion yourself?? Admittedly, I don't know too much about the ramifications of elevated ANA's, so will have to read up about that when I get a chance.

Thanks for all your kind wishes Kenta I hope there's 9 eggs good to go in there too!!! My massage last night was just what I needed....God it was good!!! Slept pretty well too considering I was feeling a bit anxious about the outcome today when I got home last night. Wasn't expecting to get much shut eye at all!!!

Ok luv, be back when I can to update you all. Have a great day and I'll see you (and all the other lovely ladies) on the other side!! Until then.................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all went well today BinB.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls....I'm baaacckk!!!

EPU went well. WDA got 8 eggs (haven't spoken to him yet, so don't know what the go was with the other one). Have just gotten off the ph from the lab, and of the 8, 6 were good and all have been ICSI'd successfully with DP's sperm this time!!!! So, that's another thing to mark off the "Anxiety List" in my brain!!

The embryologist said DP's sperm thawed out fine and there was motility there (which is good as it's TESA'd sperm) and that my eggs zona,etc was ok as there were no notes written down and she said if there were any issues, they would of made a note of it. Now we and channel for good fertilisation

I didn't have the Intralipidd Infusion for some reason today (will query that with FN Kate tomorrow when I get fertilisation results) as I was under the impression from WDA I'd be having it after EPU?? He's either changed his mind or maybe he's going to give it to me at ET????? (all going well, of course)

Just making it a quick one today girls. Am feeling a wee bit "Hazy Fantazy" from the drugs, so am off to park myself on the lounge shortly Be back tomorrow with a fertilisation results

Until then, take care my lovelies................

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - 6 good ones! That's wonderful

I'm keeping everything crossed that we get 100% fert rate.

xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blonde woo hooooo 6 good eggs is wonderful news . So relieved that DPs sperm thawed ok and that everything went well. I am anxiously waiting for your fert update and have had a few serious words to the universe and am hoping for 100% fertilisation for you my dear.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 12-12-2013 at 08:31.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great result BiB! I love the hazy fantazy... enjoy that!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls..................

Just got off the ph with FN Kate and 5 out of my 6 eggs fertilised, but one fertilised abnormally (only 1 set of genetic code), so now I'm down to 4 Am so downhearted and disappointed about it.

Now I don't know if I should let them go until Day 5 or just put them back on Sat at Day 3 (will get him to transfer 3 again). When I spoke to DP to update him on things, he told me it's going to be a major drama to get Monday off work because they are short handed and this close to Xmas, there's a fair bit of work on at the moment blah, blah, blah.....Whatev's, I'm feeling down and out and my confidence has severely wavered now. Just feel like

I'm having a conundrum girls and need your input here. What do you think I should do??? FFS!!! Why does everything have to be so hard??? Told Kate I would tell her tomorrow what we want to do. But i'm leaning towards Day 3 (never had a Day3 transfer). At the end of the day, I believe if an embryo has got what it takes, it'll implant no matter what day you transfer it.

Ok girls, just a quick post today. Need to go away a think about things for a bit. Until next time................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gawd Blonde I was so nervous when I clicked for you update - I'm sorry you are disappointed - it's hard when we are expecting to do a little better... but I am so happy that you have four little rays of hope in the dish ... FWIW I would give a 3dt a shot, it's one thing you haven't tried before and who knows it might make the difference... we've all read/heard those stories where ladies have tried and tried with 5dt with no success and then bingo it's a BFP 1st time round with a 3dt... maybe your little guys would prefer to be inside your oven earlier rather than sitting around in the lab for a couple of extra days?... and given that you are going to transfer 3 from 4 then it's less relevant in terms of using 5dt to select the best embies... So I say GO FOR IT.... Anyhoo my dear, I am about to head off to the gym so just a quickie for now... Sending loads of and crossing all my available body parts that tomorrow's update brings news of 4 top notch 2-4 cell embies. Till tomorrow big and

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Dom Luv........

Look, at the end of the day, i'm grateful I've got the 4, it could of been a lot worse, so at least I'm still in with a chance Yeah, I think I am going to go for a 3 Day transfer, I know WDA won't agree with me, but he'll do it just the same

Ok, be back tomorrow with an update after I speak to Kate.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BinB was busy this morning but been anxious to find out how you went. Taking it all into account and from my past experience I know anything less than perfection is always disappointing as it's so damn hard this process and we wish there was a way there could be less losses. I feel the same as you when I get results. 4 eggs is actually a great result from 6 eggs when you think about it. Hopefully those 2 were never going to work anyway and just weeded themselves out. QFG believe their lab is superior to others so in a way you can be confident that they did everything they can for all your eggs.

WRT day 3 or day 5 transfer that is a dilemma and I think with the drugs you have on ball I found myself always a ball of indecision and stress making the decision. As you already know there is a lot of opinions out there. I think WDA believes in day 5 and will probably tell you to do that if you ask him.

After doing 9 transfers now which have all led to BFN and done all days of transfer these are the things I have heard:
    Pro day 3 - uterus is better for embryo than a petri dish/outside
    con day 3 - can't tell if embryo was going to stop growing and so have to wait 2weeks to find out if it did or not.

Pro day 5 - find the best egg, any that don't make it to day 5 weren't going to make an embryo
    Con day 5 - may end up with no embryo to transfer but were these embryos going to grow in uterus instead like the pro day 3 believe?

How many to transfer - yes the older you, the cold fact is that likely only one of those embryos can make a baby so putting more in helps the chance of getting the one so theoretically if they let you you should be able to put all 4 in but I think the most I've transferred is 3 and a few of them were poor grade embryos.
    Con of transferring too many is that you can't get to do a frozen embryo transfer which some believe is suppose to have better success as the body recovers to it's natural state and has a better chance of implantation. However, WDA does give you lots of luteal support cf to other FS who will only use crinone/pregnyl so I wonder if this changes then the odds?

I hope I haven't made your decision harder but that's what I weigh in my head now from all the information I have received when I am making the tough decision you have to make. I know my FS would tell me to transfer 2 whatever day you want day 3 or 5 but keep the best to freeze for a FET cycle. But that's what I keep hearing now. I think with 4 you have a ball line call to make and it's tough but I think it's still hopeful whatever decision you make that you are in with a good chance this time.

Wow I remember the same conundrum and the indecision and stress of making that decision just in the last cycle also over 4 eggs. Good luck. Wish I could tell you what to do but I also don't even know despite giving you my feelings on the pros and cons.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-12-2013),MrsPontipine  (12-12-2013)