+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom and BinB you are both wonderful kindred spirits and so deserving of your own children. I also have the same pangs of wishing this was all a lot easier. I married DH at 38 and started trying not to know that DH had bad sperm as he was fit and healthy. We tried for a year before we decided to try ivf. Now after 2 years and 9 cycles (8 fresh and 1 FET) there are times I just want certainty in this process and not the continued promise or need for a miracle. I often wish I had met DH years earlier. Never thought I would not be able to have our own biological child when we started but as time goes by, I have to start preparing myself for this. We are putting all our eggs so to speak now in the basket of our 2 frozen embryos as I don't know how things can get better for us in terms of quality if we haven't been able to make embryos in the last 2yrs.

BinB what a tough time you are going through. You must be angry and shocked by the error. I think an FSH of 10 is ok. I also have googled up on causes of high prolactin levels and sounds like you have covered it all. I hope you can get all you answers tomorrow. I have never had a prolactin level done. I wonder why WDA does it? Maybe it's because of your thyroid problem. Good luck tomorrow. I've had an MRI, it's not too bad and safe, probably best to do it to be certain and have the answer.

Dom hang in there. I talked to a chinese accupuncturist and she said to keep going with my eggs until 43....that's another year for me too. I was a bit teary last night thinking about all of this but also have to be grateful for a lot of other things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    BiB I've just stalked in to see how you're going and was to read your post. You poor thing! What a cr*ppy thing to happen.
    I hope you get some answers tomorrow and that your raised protolactin levels can be attributed to something simple and non sinister.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls (Dom, Mrs P, Kenta@ Emski)...............

Just quickly dropping in to let you know that when I was going through my paperwork before, I realised that the original baseline BT results that I posted on the 2/12 were indeed, correct and today's results that I posted with my Prolactin levels are from the BT he had me do on the day of my Endometrial scratch!!!

Was in such a state earlier, I didn't pay attention to the date on the top of the results form WDA posted me and now that I've calmed down a bit and have gone over my paperwork etc again, I've realised my error...So, I got even more upset over nothing!! Please disregard my ranting comments from earlier Obviously, he didn't check my prolactin levels when I did my baseline bloods on the 29/11 only on the 19/11 when I had my Endo scratch, not that 10 days is going to make an lot of difference if you ask me.

Although I'm relieved to see my baseline bloods are all good, that doesn't make this Prolactin problem go away. I highly doubt stress could cause these kinds of levels and I'm thinking that it could very well be something sinister Em......i.e. tumour No doubt he'll repeat the levels when we do tomorrow's BT, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up having to have an MRI. I'm just worried these levels will have had an adverse affect on this cycle or my eggs etc already although I don't think that's what raised Prolactin levels do from my understanding of what I've researched so far. I think it's more a risk of miscarriage if you do become pregnant, but I know there's medication called Dopamine Agonists they give to preggo women to keep their levels under control although I did read in regards to IVF, that because the levels are already high, the body may think it's already pregger's and reject/prevent implantation of any embryo's transferred.....FFS!!!

Will just have to wait and see what WDA says tomorrow (mind you, if this cycle gets canned, I'll be asking the question as to why I was allowed to even start it in the first place seeing as these BT's were done 10 days before I started this cycle, hence the Prolactin issue was pre-existing before I commenced jabbing on the 29/11...but don't want to assume anything at this point). Thank-you Girls for your support and kind words too. You are just as deserving of your own bub too Kenta, we all are my darling and all we can do is try our absolute best, turning over every stone in the process (no room for "what if's" or "if only's" in this game). I'm keeping my and channelling for all of us girls

Ok, thought I'd just fill you in on what I'd discovered. Feel like such an idiot now too Anyhoo my lovelies, be back tomorrow with an update. I somehow doubt I'll be getting much sleep tonight. Take care and thanks again for your support, encouragement and kind words. It means so much to me, it really does.......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-12-2013 at 17:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - No Hun! You're not an idiot. Goodness knows, this drug regime takes toll, regardless of the FSH dosage. Not to mention the stress of wanting everything to be as perfect as we can make it, to give those eggies the best possible chance.
    ill be thinking of you tomorrow.

kenta, - I am so glad you have popped in. Especially for Blondie. at a time when we have been away licking our wounds. I really hope you already have your
    golden egg in your frosties.

Dom, - I'm so glad you have something to look forward to in Feb. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Em, - thank you my dear for popping in with your support. I am so excited for you for getting underway with your DE journey. It is such a huge step.

AFM, - Well I've been busy, upset, and unsettled. Staying with the Inlaws is uncomfortable for me. They are lovely people, but I'm not good in hiding the fact that I'm unhappy. And funnily enough the last time I saw them was at our place, for our wedding, which was shortly after my miscarriage, of which I was mourning while I supposed to be elated. I am feeling similar to that now in knowing that I'm at the end of my TTC life. I feel horribly hormonal too, with no sign of AF yet at CD 29. I'm guessing this will be another long one. Ho hum, Gone are the days of my clockwork 27 day cycles me thinks.

Must go ladies. I am so sorry we don't have anything to celebrate in here yet. I truly hope some wonderful things will happen for you girls sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 06-12-2013 at 00:59.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls........................

This morning's appointment with WDA went better than expected. It seems my high Prolactin levels aren't going to affect my cycle/eggs/embryo's etc in any way Thank God!!! WDA said it could reduce your chances of success "a little bit", but that's in relation to what the effects of having a high Prolactin level does. It seems high Prolactin levels (according to WDA) prevent ovulation, but seeing as we're controlling that anyhoo, it's of no consequence (in that respect), so it's full steam ahead as planned He also told me that none of the medications I'm on (including the Thyroxine) is the cause of the elevated levels, so that's a relief in one sense too.

When I told him of my concern regarding the embryo/s being rejected/unable to implant because my body may think it's already pregger's because of the levels, he was quick to reply "Not going to happen" and said it about another 4 times in case I didn't hear him properly the first time!!!

Anyhoo, he's starting me on a dopamine agonist medication called Parlodel from today onwards that will lower the levels (he said the main side effects I'm to expect are nausea and faintess) and I'm booked in for an urgent MRI early this afternoon on my pituitary gland to rule in/out a tumour (had to do a bit of ringing around, but thankfully found somewhere that had an opening....mind you, I'll be kissing goodbye $400 to have it done with no Medicare rebates etc).

Ok......so my scan went well. I have 9 follicles on the go at the moment. 5 on my right and 4 on my left. The biggest is at 14mm and my lining is just under 7mm. WDA has upped my FSH to 400IU from today. I'll ring his rooms later on this arvo for todays BT results and I have to go in on Sunday for repeat bloods then back to see WDA on Monday for another scan and round of BT's. Looks like EPU will be around Wed/Thu next week

Ok Girls, will do personals later on when I come back and update you all after my MRI. there's no tumour in my brain!!! I just wanted to let you all know where I'm at atm. Hope you're all having a good day so far. Until next time................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 06-12-2013 at 10:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping hard that your MRI is fine BinB and you can get peace of mind. Hope they can report it for you today or have a quick look for you. Sounds like all went well with scan today. 9 follicles is great news. WDA is so positive and radiates genuine warmth which I think helps.

MrsP, I think you are entitled to feel sad for a while when things don't work out the way you want....it's how we cope and then we can move on.

Emski following your donor journey with interest as it may turn out to be something we may have to do. I haven't given up on us yet but knowing how hard it's been for all of us already it's good to start thinking about where how far we want to go to have a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls........................

Have not long got back from my MRI scan....That was an experience, I can tell you, like something out of Star Wars with all the banging, buzzing and clanging that machine makes!!!

Anyhoo, am not sure of the results as the report has been forwarded to WDA and a copy wasn't in the envelope the scans came in (which I've got, so of course I opened it looking for the report, but was thwarted!!), so will have to wait until Monday for those. BUT.....whilst I was waiting for the x-rays to be developed etc, I called WDA's rooms for today's blood test results and lo and behold, my Prolactin levels are now back within the normal ranges at 225!!! WTF is going on???

WDA got on the phone to discuss and when I said to him "are you telling me this is a lab stuff up??", he replied "No, I'm telling you I don't know". Apparently he's seen this happen before with some women where they have an unexplained rise in the levels or they have sporadic rises and so he wants me to keep taking the Parlodel tabs as a precaution just in case I'm one of these women "who yo-yo up and down" as he said, which is fine by me as these tabs are safe to take in pregnancy and will do no harm apparently.

So, on the one hand I'm very relieved to see my levels are back within the normal ranges, but still confused as to what is going on?? I can't rule out that there isn't a tumour there, but now, thankfully, that seems unlikely and no doubt I have just spent $400 for someone to tell me there's nothing wrong with my brain after all!!! That's what I'm hoping anyhow, that all's well there

The other blood test results are as follows: LH:<1, P4:<0.5, E2:1392. Am a little concerned about the E2 levels being a bit on the low side for the amount of follicles I have, but that could be because the biggest follicle at the moment is only 14mm, so will see where we're at when I get the results back from Sunday and Mondays BT's.

Ok my lovelies, have to go and have the dreaded Clexane injection now, but will be back when I can to do personals. Has been a full on day and I'm feeling pretty tired. Thanks again for all your support girls.....I don't know where I'd be without you sometimes. I hope you've all had a good day and a special shout out to Dom....hope your review appointment went ok today luv???

Until next time...............

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - so glad that your prolactin has come back into line. Let's hope your MRI agrees, and that the only damage is that you've pi$$ed $400 up the wall. Hopefully your E2 comes up a bit too.

Dom, - I missed that you were having a review today. I hope all goes great, and that you are happy with what your next plan will be.

Kenta, - thanks! We are allowed to feel sad aren't we... But it's hard for outsiders to understand.

I'm back after starting this post 6hrs ago LOL...

AF arrived late this afternoon, and apart from a little cramping I feel so much better. So glad I can move on a little now.

Em, - as much as I/we have decided that IVF is a thing of the past for us now. I do entertain the idea of DE every second day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls......................

Mrs P...........Glad to hear AF's finally arrived and you're feeling better in that regard. It's like the hormonal river has burst its banks when she does finally show up after a cycle!!! Oh luv, am sorry you're feeling so blue at the moment And as much as you love your in-laws, I'm sure you'll be a lot happier once you have your own space again. Have you got a house now or are you still looking for one??

Of course you're feeling sad about the fact the cycle didn't go as planned and that you're at the end of your IVF journey. Even though you've got DS, that doesn't diminish your desire for another bub and I'm not surprised you're entertaining the D.E. idea as that desire is still burning strong atm. Would you and your DH consider it??? Or is it a case of being satisfied (and I know you're grateful, so won't go there) with your DS and quitting while you're ahead??

Kenta.......Yep, it's true, we do have to think about how far we're willing/able to go to have a baby. I haven't given up yet either, but I know time is quickly running out for my eggs. Have you got a date for your scratch yet??? And who's your FS (if you don't mind me asking)??? I thought it was WDA, but it seems not though it sounds like you've been with him before?? Maybe I've got it all wrong?? (wouldn't be the first time).

Emski........Hello luv, been following you over on the over 40's thread and it seems you've got this D.E. thing all sorted!!! I'm stalking you with interest too girl and keeping my for you all the way!!! Are you going to transfer your frostie before you do the D.E. cycle???

Dom........Last, but certainly not least is you my girl How did your follow up go??? Did he have anything new to tell you that you didn't already know/suspect?? How are you feeling now luv??? I'm worried about you girl. I know you're a strong woman and you'll work through this in your own time, but my heart breaks for you because I, too, feel that same pain when I think of never having my own biological child as well

I know you and your DP are looking into the D.E. option, so this grieving process you're going through I have no doubt will pave the way for you to then begin your D.E. journey if that's what you so wish. Nevertheless, it totally sux and would be a hell of a lot easier just to skip that part and get on to the next chapter!!!

Am sure this sojourn in Bali will be just the ticket for you and your DP to just get away from this whole TTC caper and "to clear the cobwebs" so to speak!!! You've both been through the wringer and well and truly deserve to get away and have some fun..(Oh, hello land of the living, have missed you whilst I've been holed up in the "IVF Cave" for the last x-amount of months/years.....)

Ok my lovely ladies, am hoping you all have a beautiful weekend Sorry its taken so long to do personals, has been a bit crazy the last couple of days Will update as more info comes to hand. Until next time............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 07-12-2013 at 06:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB hope MRI confirms all is well Monday.

MrsP hope you are feeling better.

Dom hope your followup review gave you some thoughts.

Emski you must be getting excited about your donor planning.

My scratch is booked for 2 weeks time which will be day 23 after start of my AF. It's meant to be on day 21 from my research but it's so hard to time as my AF is going to be late I think after a failed cycle and also my cycles usually tend to be longer than the 28 days normally anyway. Will be doing a natural FET in January with no drugs. Hopefully with a few months off drugs all will be back to normal. I'm wondering about whether to do hatching as want to maximize everything with this possibly being our best go at getting over the line. I used to do acupuncture but didn't really enjoy it and didn't think it made a difference.