+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB yay for starting. So are you doing one day gonal f 300 and alternate day menopur 300. Did WDA explain how it would help instead of doing one all the other or bit of both on one day? My FS wouldn't let me do both, either one or the other. I'm wishing and will be keeping an eye in your progress that this formula works. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Kenta.............

Yes, I'm doing 300IU Puregon (150IU morn/150IU at night) and 300IU Menopur (150IUmorn/150IUnight) on alternative days. I did the same stim protocol last cycle, just at a much higher dose (600IU/day) and I don't believe it was of any benefit..egg number wise..so have opted to go with a lower dose (as I've had better results in the past doing that) and WDA ok'd it so here I am

I've copied and pasted the best explanation for why doing stimms this way could help. It's taken from "Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle" which is on the Fertility Friends website. Agate is one of the moderators over on that site (another sterling suggestion from Domiffy) and the stuff she writes about is very informative and definitely worth a look.

2) switching stimulation meds
    Stimulation drugs can be pure FSH (e.g., gonal F, puregon, follistim) or mixed FSH and LH (merional, menopur, pergoveris) and can be natural (derived from human urine e.g, menopur, merional) or synthetic (e.g, gonal F, pergoveris). Most docs agree that we need some LH for good follicle growth, but some think that too much LH can be detrimental to egg quality. So if you have previously had a poor response on the long protocol with pure FSH, you may get a better response if you switch to short protocol (where you have some natural LH remaining in your system) or a long protocol with some LH (all or part merional/menopur). Some docs prefer natural stimulation drugs because they have a reputation for being more 'gentle' on the ovaries and often cheaper, but others prefer the synthetics which have a reputation for being more 'intense' - but so far, studies haven't shown natural or synthetic to be clearly better for all patients, so its probably a question of which meds your body responds to better.

Hope this helps luv and could be why your FS won't let you do that, although more and more of them are combining FSH. I don't see how it could hurt to try myself personally but all FS are different with their beliefs and approaches (which is incidentally why I left my first FS and went over to WDA. Although he is a lovely man and I got on well with him, I just felt he was too conservative and wasn't open to trying different things,such as when I suggested DHEA and he said no)

Thanks again for your best wishes. I hope it works too Am already having the usual side effects from the Progynova (nausea), FSH (headaches) and Nitrodur Patches (headaches), but I know from last time it'll settle down after a few days (well, it better!!!)

Ok Kenta, enjoy the rest of you weekend (and that goes for my other girls Mrs P and Domiffy if you're there playing along at home??) Until next time...........

P.S. Don't know why I can't get the bold type to turn off, but I can't, so apologies...this site really gives me the sh*ts sometimes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls...................

Just popping in to update you all on things thus far Just spoke to WDA's rooms and got my baseline BT results from Sat (CD3 but WDA is calling it CD2 to fit into the protocol....whatev's)

Anyhoo....FSH:4.8, LH:4, P4:1.1 and E2:75...So, no prob's with that and WDA has given it his tick of approval Am due to go back and see him for scan/BT on Fri. Other that that, not much to report. Thankfully, the side effects are slowly but surely dissipating and I'm feeling ok today so far.

Spent my morning at the hairdresser's having my hair done which I find a real treat and it's a nice escape for a few hours from the whole IVF thing Tomorrow I'm booked in for another massage after I finish work and can't wait for that!!!

I hope you girls are all well and I must say I am missing you both from the thread But I understand why you're not popping in at this point and am pretty sure you're watching from the sideline's (especially you Dom!!!) anyhoo. Mrs P I hope you've finally made it to your new home in WA and are settling in nicely

Ok my lovelies, must go and prepare for my Clexane injection (i.e bag of peas in a tea towel on my stomach for 10 mins before injecting). I really hate those f*cker's!!!! Then it'll be time for my meditation session.

Until next time girls.....................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-12-2013 at 13:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BinB your blood test look great, especially your FSH level. I hated the clexane injections the most, they sting a lot. I'm following your cycle with interest as tried to get my FS to let me do the alternating and I also think the lower dose may be interesting to try too to see if it gives you better eggs. I'm really hoping this cycle does magic for you. Take care, we are just planning our FET cycle probably for Jan, so maybe a scratch this month. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Kenta..........

I think after 7 stim cycles, you're entitled to try something different if that's what you want to do and your FS should get on board with your idea's and let you try them (provided of course, that they're reasonable and alternating or adding a bit of Menopur to your protocol is not unreasonable in my opinion) or else it may be time to go elsewhere to someone who will

However, I'm keeping my that this FET will be your BFP and you won't have to worry about doing another stim cycle for the rest of your life!!! I'd say give the scratch a go luv....it can't hurt to try (well, technically, it will hurt a little, unless you get knocked out to have it done!!) Let me know how you get on if you do decide to give it a go

Yep, am hoping for some BFP magic too That's what we all wish for when we do a cycle isn't it luv?? It's one step at a time, so will see what Fri's scan and BT's bring Now that the side effects have abated, I'm coping so much better both physically and emotionally this cycle thus far and I think it's because I'm on a lower dose of FSH this time around combined with the months on end I've been taking all the vitamins and supplements. Mind you, I am only on Day 4 of stimms, so will see if I'm still ranting and raving about how good I'm feeling in another 5 days!!!

Ok luv, thanks again for your good wishes and for taking an interest in my cycle. With Dom and Mrs P on a "time out" from here at the moment, I was starting to feel a little bit alone doing this cycle. I know I'm not in reality, just missing the interaction with my girls

Have a great day luv and I will keep posting regularly to keep you and my other girls in the loop. Until next time..............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-12-2013 at 06:31.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BinB I'm going to do the scratch this month just before Christmas. Unfortunately after a cycle my AF is going to be unpredictable so won't know when in Jan we will do FET. From what I've read a scratch is suppose to improve chance of implantation quite a bit so we have to give ourselves that extra chance. FS said it was better we only transfer one embryo so will be doing only one embryo. We so hope this one sticks as after 2-3years it seems so long ago we started this journey now and it's not getting easier that's for sure.

Good luck for scan Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Kenta.................

Excellent to hear you're having the scratch done luv!! Yes, that's exactly what the purpose of having it done is. To aid in implantation and anything that can maximise your chances like having this procedure is definitely worth a shot, so good luck!!!!

Fair enough if he thinks one embryo is the way to go...usually at our age it's two, so why just one??? Yep, we've been TTC ourselves for over 2 yrs so I understand where you're coming from. It doesn't get any easier unfortunately and I can't believe it's been this long for my DP and I either. I'm keeping my this FET will be your BFP!!! I've never even had a frozen, so you're doing better than me in that regard

Am hoping all will be well on Fri and trying not to start stressing out about what I will/won't find, just trying to stay positive although when I got the invoice yesterday and saw that QFG have increased their cycle fee's by $500 since our last cycle, I was pi$$ed off I can tell you!!! $500 for what is what I want to know?? Probably the flash new building they've moved into around the corner not that long ago is no doubt the answer!!! (but not my FS, he's still at the original). That and because they can and they know that it's a case of either pay up or you won't get your chance at having a family. Makes me so frigging angry knowing they have us over a barrel like this!!! But the greedy fu*kers are all the same!!!! Almost ruined the "massage high" I was on (as I'd just got back from having it done)....Ok, rant over!!

Allrighty Kenta, must go for now. Be back with an update for you and my other partners in crime Domiffy and Mrs P on Fri. Have a great day luv and until then...............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-12-2013 at 05:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right BinB we can't do anything about the fees. We've spent so much that it's better not to think about it but we have no choice when you thought it was going to achieve your dream each time. We've been throwing embryo glue too for additional cost with no result yet so it all adds up too. Yes it's an expensive and difficult road trying to conceive when you have things conspiring against you. I'm just hoping I can stay healthy despite all these drugs I've been using.

Hope Friday brings good news. Off to gym now to get rid of my 5kgs I've gained. Not easy with Christmas and all these parties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hello there ladies
    Blonde Well she’s finally off and cycling after 7 long months of prep … that’s a great start with your fabulous baseline bloods my dear. Your FSH is excellent and everything else too – you must be so pleased … I will be thinking of you tomorrow during your scan and hoping for the very best of news for you - may your ovaries be filled with the perfect number of juicy follies.

I’m very happy to hear you are in a good headspace this cycle – it is really is half the battle trying to stay sane and keeping the anxiety levels down … it certainly sounds like you are onto a great thing with the massage/meditation combo. That is a total sh*tter about the price rise at your clinic that is a substantial jump – I’d be p*ssed too! Re you stim meds – it makes sense what WDA has said about keeping the dose the same rather than alternating the amount so for what it is worth I think you’ve made the right decision to go along with his recommendation. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers my dear.

Mrs P I am so very sorry that the “lone ranger” didn’t make it. My heart goes out to you. Hoping you have arrived safe and sound in Perth and you and your family settle in to your new home in no time.

Kenta Sorry to hear about your BFN but wonderful that you have your frosties ready and waiting for you when you are ready in January.

AFM So sorry to disappear without a trace my dears but I have found this last BFN has really knocked me for six and have been wallowing in self pity this last week or so. AF has been and gone and I have a review with my FS tomorrow to discuss next steps. But TBH I am feeling flat and discouraged…. I guess part of the reason this cycle has taken such a toll on me emotionally is that I am grieving the prospect of not being able to become a mother to my own biological child. As my 42nd birthday draws closer (next month) I can’t shake the feeling that time has run out for my eggs. How did this happen? If only I could turn the clock back just a couple of years. Not a day goes by that I don’t regret leaving it so long to try and conceive – what was I thinking??????? Anyhoo… there is one tiny bright light on the horizon – I booked a couple of cheap Jetstar tickets to Bali for two weeks in February/March – it can’t come soon enough!

Sorry for the downer me post - just needing to vent... Take care my dears, till next time....
    Last edited by Domiffy; 05-12-2013 at 11:55.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hello Domiffy Luv..................

Well, here comes "Downer me post" number 2 for the day. I just got a letter in the mail from WDA with a copy of my baseline BT results and my Prolactin levels are through the roof at 3195.7mIU/L (59-619 are the normal parameters) and now I'm f*cking stressing right out as to WTF's going on???

Been Dr Googling tyring to find answers and besides a tumour causing it, it seems the only medication that could be the culprit is the Progynova (or BCP if it's the combined pill) except I didn't start taking that until the day after I had the BT done and then I wondered if it could be the Thyroxine, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence to support that, so the only other culprit is stress, but I've been quite chilled out through this whole cycle so far....until now that is....Oh, I'm frigging stressing out bigtime now

Of course, I ring up WDA's rooms almost in tears freaking out this is going to stop my cycle somehow (and on the off chance he was available even though I'm going to see him tomorrow) but one of the admin girls seems to think he would've already been in touch with me if he was going to cancel the cycle. In the letter he says he wants to check what meds I'm on at the moment (which is only what's on his protocol and the Thyroxine) and if none of those are the culprit, I have to go for an MRI to check my pituitary gland. FFS!!!!!!!!

The other results were all incorrect too (fu*ked if I know whose results the other admin chick I spoke to originally gave when I called for them??) so now I'm really pi$$ed off!!! Anyhoo, my true baseline results are as follows: LH:5, P4:<0.5, E2:<70, FSH:10.0, Prolactin:3195.7. Incidentally, my TSH is now at 0.4, so time to halve the dose from here on in (or maybe stop it altogether depending on what WDA says tomorrow)

I have to say, I'm now expecting bad news both on the scan follicle-wise and from WDA when I see him in the morning. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to can the whole cycle now. I'm also really scared about what's going on with me regarding this elevated Prolactin level. I'm swinging between being and I'm going to be so angry if it turns out the Thyroxine is the culprit and I've done this to myself. F**ck!!! And I was doing so well too.

Oh luv, I'm so sorry you've been going through such a heartbreaking time at the moment I really do understand how you feel about grieving over the possibility of not becoming a mum to your own biological child. I've done and no doubt if things turn to sh*t this cycle (whether it be canned or another BFN) will end up doing it again myself especially as donor is not an option for us.

Yes, I sometimes wish I'd started trying a little earlier too, but I didn't meet my DP until I was almost 34 and I assumed all would be well considering he already had 2 kids and I had no issues. Learnt never to assume the hard way there didn't I?? But girl, what's done is done and we can't go back, can only go forward one way or another. Good for you booking a holiday!!! A bit of sunshine, a sea breeze and a few dozen cocktails will make everything look better!!!!

Don't ever apologise for sharing your feelings, whether they be good, bad or everything else in between. That's what we're here for luv ok??

Am going to go and try and calm down before DP gets home from work. Be back tomorrow with an update after I see WDA, but I'm not holding my breath. Until then.........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-12-2013 at 17:36.