+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB I think prednisone can make some people hyper like cordial ) just made me hungry and gain weight when I took it.

MrsP several ladies on this site seemed to have become pregnant with one egg from their cycle do it's not impossible. Good luck for Wednesday transfer. The ones they wouldn't have picked to transfer for us on day 2 or 3 turned out to be the blast...so it's hard to tell.

Dom hope your 2ww wait is going well.

Today AF not yet but must have decent progesterone as breasts are tender like before AF. Otherwise no other symptoms.
    Last edited by Kenta; 25-11-2013 at 15:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Mrs P That's wonderful news that the "lone ranger" has made it to day 3 and is right where she/he should be at 6 cells, I am so happy for you ... and I'm gonna echo what Blonde and Kenta have said - so many successful pregnancies have come from average grade single embryos so you are most definately in there with a chance my girl. We are all rooting for you and willing that you are PUPO with a lovely blast on Wednesday...

Blonde Where would I be without all your wonderful encouragement and support? You are such a sweetheart and I so dearly hope your next cycle ends sometime in September next year with the birth of a lovely healthy bub at the end of the rainbow (and an uneventful 9 months in between) ... if only could get us over the line to a BFP, there is no doubt that all of us on this thread would be well and truly on our way there by now. Massages sound like a wonderful idea - the mind body connection is so important... and am glad to hear the thyroxine is doing its thing and so funny you are ready to adjust your dose - I would be thinking exactly the same way. Anyhoo, heres to your last BCP tomorrow and may AF show up exactly when you want her to. Am thinking of you and sending my thoughts and prayers your way for a very merry Xmas BFP.

Kenta You are so strong - I wish I could hold out re the HPTs but I just can't resist - even on the pregnyl. The news of the BFN is easier for me to take if I am prepared for it... and of course the optimist in me is always hoping those lines get darker as the days go on but if they get lighter then I'm also prepared. Good sign that AF has not shown up and am sending your way for a lovely strong beta on Friday.

AFM Well after watching and waiting for my phone to ring all day for my results I finally heard from the clinic at around 4pm (funny my friend was here who is starting to undergo investigations into her fertility at the same clinic - they rang her first to give her some results and she handed her phone over to me for my results... poor nurse was a bit confused!). My result is inconclusive and I will need to go back in on Wednesday for another BT... with a HCG of 12 today - it is almost certainly just the remnants of my last pregnyl booster in my system. I did of course cave and do a HPT last night and got my fading pregynl positive so had a WW3 melt down last night. So angry at the world - I felt the overwhelming urge to throw/break things (but me being the sensible capricorn that I am didn't of course)... I yelled at the dog/cat and even DH (which I rarely do as he is such as sensitivee soul and gets so hurt!) to let off some some steam. It helped... and I have to say, as torturous as those stupid HPTs are, I much prefer to be emotionally prepared for the results than for a BFN to come out of the blue so I fear I won't be able to resist them in the future.

Anyhoo my dears, I'm off to lick my wounds, ponder the next steps and try and find a positive in my BFN - at least I can indulge in a few champers over the festive season. Take care my dears... till next time
    Last edited by Domiffy; 25-11-2013 at 18:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Morning Dom....................

Oh, FFS!!! I was so hoping for that BFP for you girl!!! My heart breaks for you and your DP, it really does I fear you're right about the level of 12 being leftover Pregnyl, but who know's in this Hellhole of a place we call IVF???

I completely understand the anger you have felt and the raging, ranting and raving at all and sundry that goes along with it. I've done it myself on a few occasions and yes, my poor DP has often copped the brunt of my tears/frustration. I'm sure your DP completely understands and no doubt feels that way himself at times but has the good grace (like mine) to let you "Hulk Out" first...(ladies before gentleman after all.....) Mind you, a raging Capricorn in full flight is a pretty frightening thing to witness!!! Am hoping you've woken up feeling better for letting it all out last night

I also agree about the HPT's too. I need to know what the go is myself luv. There's no way I'm going in blind to the BT (if I even bother to go. I got AF before BT on Cycle 2 and 3 (was only on Crinone for post ET support), so didn't even bother. Just phoned my old FS's office and told them AF had arrived) Of course, with the Pregnyl holding AF off last cycle and no doubt this one too should I get that far..(incidentally, I don't recall ever reading of a woman who got AF before BT whilst using Pregnyl boosters, have you??), there's no way I'm just going to rock up for my BT without knowing what's up and I'd rather prepare myself over a few days then do a HPT on the day itself and be a complete mess going for the BT (like I was in Cycle 1 when I had my Chemical. Was sitting in the chair crying my eyes out because I knew and had done for a couple of days. Never again).

Thank-you so much for thinking of me luv when I know you're feeling like sh*t right now. It means so much Yes, if only were enough to get us all a BFP.....but nope, it's sheer determination and the money to allow us to keep trying that's gets us there in the end. I took my last BCP this morning, so from tomorrow onwards, I'll be on "Undie's Alert" waiting for AF to arrive then it's all systems go (I hope!!).

So, you think I should halve my dose?? Yep, I think if this next blood test I do on Thurs to check the levels again turns up a similar result, that's exactly what I'm going to do. O.6 is too low isn't it??

Ok luv, I hope you're feeling better this morning and I completely understand you need to take some time away from this thread for a little bit to gather your thoughts and work through this latest kick in the guts (via some lovely glasses of champagne I'm thinking....and have a few for me too while you're at it). I know you'll be keeping an eagle eye on proceedings from the sideline's, so no need to feel like you have to post anything if you don't feel up to it ok girl??? However, I'm here for you if there's anything I can do to help you. Feel free to PM me if that's easier.

Ok, am off for now Luv. Take care girl and I'm sending healing vibes your way. Until next time...................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom I'm so sorry and disappointed for you. IVF is so unpredictable sometimes. Depends when your last dose of pregnyl was. I know it was still in my system too when I went and had my blood test at day 7 and was gone by day 10 when I went for repeat test. I hope you have a fun Christmas holiday period away from all the ups and downs we go through.

I agree about testing before blood test as then you are prepared and don't have to wait for the phone call to be surprised. I'll test in a few more days if AF hasn't arrived....but as you mentioned BinB, pregnyl may delay it till after the test.

MrsP do you get an update today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.................

Just popping back in to finish where I left off this morning

Mrs P:.How's the "Lone Ranger" going this morning?? Am hoping that the fact you haven't posted an update bodes well and you're too busy organising flights up here for ET tomorrow I've got my for you luv!!! Here's some more for you.

Kenta: You're getting to the pointy end now of the 2WW and I'm hoping that the fact AF hasn't arrived plus sore boobs will equal a BFP when you get around to POAS!! for you luv!!! And here's some more to be going on with too

Dom: In my thoughts luv Hope you're having a better day today so far girl.

AFM: Am so frigging tired!! I had an attack of insomnia which I'm putting down to the Prednisone (for some reason the Melatonin didn't knock me out like it usually does) and had a grand total of 3 hrs sleep last night!!!. Although insomnia isn't a side effect that I know of from Prednisone, the stuff does make me a scattered mess and a bit "all over the shop" (or hyper, as you said Kenta It also makes me hungry and gain weight along with all the other meds we're either shoving up us, down us or in us!!!)

Either way, this sh*t better not continue or I won't be one happy camper that's for sure!!! Luckily, I'm only working a half-day today, so may go have a "Nanna Nap" later on....mind you, I rarely snooze/sleep in the day, only when I'm sick or recovering from the anaesthetic/painkiller's I have at EPU/ET.

Anyhoo ladies, just wanted to check in with you all and see how you're going. Take care and hope you all have a good day Until next time...............

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB I would also blame the prednisone for the insomnia. I find after EPU I go home and spend a few hours knocked out on the couch from the residual drugs from the anaesthetics. Was tempted to buy a POAS today but forgot after had lunch today so don't have any. Anyway, usually get AF soon but think the pregnyl will delay it till a few days after I test on Friday. Hope you can start stimming soon and make it for a special preChristmas present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - The whole thing sux ginormously, doesn't it... Why can't it just be a little easier? I hope this tiny bit of hope you've been served turns out to be your miracle rather than a salted wound.

Have to go. Will get back soon.

Im back.

BInB, - wow, you are underway soon. Hopefully AF will turn up without an issue soon. I agree with the prednisone giving insomnia. I had a good dose of it the first few days I was on it. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Kenta, - I'm keeping everything crossed for you, that you can get us a BFP. ...

AFM, - the loan ranger has stalled a little. Today he was at 8 cells, and I think she said it was looking like compacting soon, but it was hard to hear over the airport announcement. We are going to give it another day, unless it manages to pull its socks up Over night. I'm just so tired of all this, and like DS, I just want to go home . But I'm sure the new owners have already made it there own.

I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow. Xxx
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 26-11-2013 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls........................

Mrs P: Am keeping my the "Lone Ranger" has compacted o/night and is raring and waiting to go (right into your uterus) in the dish this morning I can imagine you're at the end of your tether luv, but you're almost there now, one way or another. I forgot to ask yesterday, did your DH and FIL make it to WA safe and sound?? Will be keeping an eye out for your post.

Dom: Big shout out to you girl!!! Am thinking of you and I second what Mrs P said too I think a bit of pampering is in order right now anyhoo and I'm hoping to read in an upcoming post that you've indulged yourself in a bit of retail therapy or a massage or something along those lines (all washed down with a glass or 10 of bubbly for good measure) My point is......do something nice for yourself luv ok???

Kenta: Hopefully there's still no sign of AF this morning. You're almost there girl When do you think you'll POAS?? Good luck luv

AFM: Thank God I got some decent shut eye last night!!! Mind you, I popped a Valium I had leftover from a previous ET just to be sure!!! Anyhoo....am feeling a lot better this morning

Have booked myself in for a massage later on this afternoon, so will be counting down the hours until I can go. I can't wait!!! Thank-you Mrs P and Kenta for your well wishes. Is hard to believe it'll be "game on" in just a few days after all the waiting, pill popping and spoon licking I've been doing for months on end!! I reckon I'll be jabbing by the weekend

Ok ladies, take care and have a great day!! Until next time...............

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsP I hope you could transfer your day 5 embryo today. Wishing you lots of luck and amazed by all the travelling you do and still stay so chilled it seems.

Dom take good care of yourselves.

BinB glad you got a good night sleep. I'm used to sleeping poorly ever since I got married as DH is a bad sleeper but he is nice and cuddly and warm which makes up for being a bad sleeper.

AFM keep feeling like I'm going to get my AF any minute so an anxious standoff is happening at the moment. It would be wonderful if we can pull off a miracle out of a poor embryo so until then there is blissful ignorance and it's in the lap of the gods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update- sad but expected, AF has showed up now. We are not winning at this but we can only try and hope. Next step FET after new year. Want to give the FET every chance of working so a month off from drugs etc.