+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question for you girls.

Am I still supposed to take prednisone post pick up with aacep? I've got nothing to say so, and it's Sat so I can't ask Kate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P................

You're still in the game Mrs P!!! Will keep my your little emby powers on and you make it to transfer. Here's some to keep those cells dividing!!!

So, you're going to go for a Day 5 transfer?? I know WDA is a big advocate of Day 5 transfers, but I'm just wondering if, with just the one, you may as well whack it back in sooner rather than later???

I wouldn't know about IVF vs ICSI as with DP's issue, we have to use ICSI as TESA'd sperm isn't suitable for standard IVF. I'm guessing WDA or embryologist (don't know who's idea it was) thought you'd have better luck going the ICSI route??

Am glad to hear you and your DS made it to Sydney with no prob's and DH and FIL are safely away to continue the road trip Hopefully now you'll have a chance to put your feet up for a while and have a well deserved rest!!

Ok, just wanted to quickly check in to see how you got on Mrs P. A quick shout out to Dom and Kenta too......Hope you girls are having a good weekend thus far and here's some for both of you lovely ladies too

Until next time..................

P.S.......Yes Mrs P, continue to take the Prednisone. I took it all the way through until blood test.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 23-11-2013 at 16:22.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls, just at a shopping centre. Does anyone have the scientisits phone number. Never tried to call on Sunday before. Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P..............

Ph number is: 3832 3279. Good Luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks blonde. By the time I got the chance to call, they had finished for the day. I'm in the car letting DS have a nap before going into my girlfriends house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Mrs P Sending some rock star embie vibes your way and hoping your solo trooper goes on to be a lovely strong BFP for you and your DH. I know everyone says it only takes one golden eggie - and it is so true - but it's disappointing when you are hoping/expecting to do a little better especially when waiting so long between cycles - there is so much emotional build up and it is such a let down when we don't get the egg/embryo numbers we are hoping for.

DP and I have always done ICSI but DP has always wanted to try natural fertilisation as his sperm is ok... this whole process is so unnatural that it would be nice to at least let those little swimmers do what they are meant to do re survival of the fittest/natural selection. I know at CFC the fert rate for ICSI is 85% but from what I understand that doesn't necessarily translate into an increased pregnancy rate. If I had a few more eggs retrieved in future cycle(s) I would really like to try a 50% icsi and 50% natural fert to see what happens - but with only 2 or 3 eggs at retrieval I'm way too anxious about getting no fert.

Anyhoo my dear I will be stalking this thread tomorrow for an update from you, sending and your way and know that my thoughts are with you ... hoping you will be back in Brissy later this week for ET.

Blonde How are you feeling my dear? You must have popped or almost popped your last BCP by now? I meant to ask about your TFT result of .6 is that for your TSH? How are you feeling on the thyroxine? Do you have more energy? Re donor eggs my preference at this stage is to try O/S donor as by all accounts it can be a challenging process to find an Australian donor and I don't have any siblings/relatives/friends young enough to be donors - mind you I'm not sure I would ever go that route even if I did, call me selfish but I would find it a weird/uncomfortable to have such a close known donor in my child's life as they are growing up. At the moment I'm leaning towards SA due to the decent looking success rate of 50-60% and the fact that there are so many glowing personal testimonials regarding their service and professionalism - knowing they have such a good track record and reputation at least takes some of the anxiety out of the process - there are also quite a few donor egg agencies available to choose from (and yes I confess I've been looking at donor profiles this last week). The only concern I do have is that in SA donation is by law anonymous and I would like to think that down the track DS or DD could find their donor if they wanted to but who knows 15-20 years from now things might not be so anonymous and I imagine it would not be hard to track the donor down in the future given the power of the web to bring people together - providing the donor wished to be found of course. Now have a load of this pre stims and get cycling girl.

Kenta Thanks so much for the info on the testosterone gel... if I do another cycle I might use DHEA up until 21 day prior to starting stims then switch to the testo gel so as not to overdo things. Hmmm yes I confess I started POASing last Monday - ridiculous really given that I have had 4 pregnyl boosters during the TWW so of course I have been getting some very nice BFPs courtesy of the pregnyl boosters. So far this weekend I have managed to hold off on the HPTs but I can feel myself caving as I type and I will no doubt head off to the shops this arvo for another box of torment. How are you going with your TWW?

AFM Nothing much else to report - no more tears since the melt down last week and now just counting down the minutes till this freakin wait is over… Take care my lovelies .
    Last edited by Domiffy; 24-11-2013 at 15:10.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Helllooooo Dom Girl..............

Good to hear from you luv!! Had to LOFL "I will no doubt head off to the shops this arvo for another box of torment"......That's gold luv and so true and yet, we just can't resist can we??? Naughty-Naughty Dom!!!

I tote's understand about not wanting a known donor(to you and your DP) in your child's life. If I were going down that route, I'd want a total stranger too. I do have a younger sister in her early-mid 30's and the thought of a child created from her eggs and my DP's sperm freaks me the hell right out!!! NO WAY!!!! I don't think it's selfish at all. And I would feel the same way if it were a cousin/friend etc. S.A. seems to be a popular choice and I can understand why with success rates like those plus I've read about other ladies that have gone there and none from memory reported a bad experience. It is unfortunate that the donor process over there is anonymous as I think donor children should have the right to know about their donor to a certain degree, but as you say, things change, so who knows in the future??

Glad to see there's been no more meltdowns luv and is it BT day for you tomorrow??? I'm so hoping for a BFP for you girl!!!! I've been thinking of you everyday, sending vibes your way and keeping everything crossed for you!!! When you gonna POAS again??? Tonight or first thing in the morn??? I hope the line's so dark you need to wear a good pair of sunnie's just to look at it!!!!

Mrs P..................How'd you get on luv??? If by chance, you couldn't get on to them today for whatever reason, just call back first thing in the morning. They're there pretty early (like from around 7.30am AEST). Don't worry about waiting to call WDA's rooms to get an update, just ph the lab direct. Other than that, how are you feeling??? Am hoping all's well and you're having a good time with DS and your Mum. Here's some more for your "Lone Ranger".

Kenta........ How are you going now luv??? When are you going to POAS??? Not long to go now until BT. Here's some for you too

AFM: Yes luv, the 0.6 result is for my TSH. I'm due to go and have my "official" BT to check the levels towards the end of this week (which I will do) via my GP's request form (I know, the cheek of me ticking the box the other day, but "what the hell??" I thought...When in Rome and all that???) I'm just wondering that should this weeks BT turn up a similar result, should I halve my dose or not??? I'm questioning whether a level of 0.6 is too low???

Yep, I've definitely felt less tired since I've started taking the Thyroxine and my energy levels are slightly better. I pop my last BCP on Tues, then wait for AF (it only took 2 days last cycle to arrive, but I have been taking the BCP for a few weeks longer this time around so not sure if AF will take longer this time to make an appearance??) then it's show time!!!!

Have organised to try to have a massage once a week (started last week) until just before ET (should I make it that far) in conjunction with my almost daily dose of "Annjjiiii" in the hope of keeping my stress and anxiety levels to a bare minimum this cycle Of course, it's all well and good now, but the fun hasn't even started yet has it???? Anyhoo, it can't hurt, so will give it a go.

Ok, am off for now. Storms are moving through again. It's been a vile, humid day down here today and I'll be glad to see the back of it!!! Take care my lovelies and I'll be stalking this thread for updates from you all!!! Until next time.................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 24-11-2013 at 17:22.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsP, I agree wouldn't spend money on testing embryo as you could just transfer and see what happens? Good luck with update tomorrow. Prednisone should be started if you are using it. I decided not to use it this time. Only doing crinone now.

BinB good luck for your start this time soon this week. I hope this is the golden cycle.

Dom hope your tww is going well...try not to POAS too much

AFM keeping real and just taking it one day at a time. I won't do a POAS as I find it just makes you all confused. I only used 2 doses of pregnyl and it should be out of my system now. I will test once the night before the blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for all your support. It's a very average 6 cell grade 3 embie on day 3. Going to transfer on day 5, if we still have it. Not sure when to fly back up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P...................

Am so pleased to hear your "Lone Ranger" is growing nicely luv 6 cells is within the normal range and many a healthy baby's been born from an "average" embryo, so you're well and truly still in the game luv!!! Here's some more to help it along

I guess when to fly up would be either tomorrow arvo/night (if the embryo's still going strong tomorrow morning) or first thing Wed morn?? Could you do a FIFO on the same day?? Am sure WDA will work with your schedule for ET. I guess a lot will depend on the availability of flights too???

Dom: Well luv??? What's going down girl??? Did you POAS this morning??? I really freaking hope it's good news girl!!! I'm feeling antsy on your behalf luv!!! Here's some BFP for you and ........Will be stalking this thread looking for your update!!!!

Kenta: Thanks so much for your kind wishes luv. I really appreciate it. Taking it one day at a time is all you can do and about the only thing that's in our control is the here and now. Good luck when you POAS is it Thurs night?? Either way, I hope it's a BFP for you and here's some for you too.

AFM: Am feeling nauseous today. Don't know if it's the heat/humidity combined with the fact I've been buzzing around like a blue arsed fly all morning or the Prednisone??? Have upped my fluid intake just in case. Ok girls, it's back to the grindstone for me. Be watching for updates. Take care lovely ladies. Until next time........