+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Mrs P So great to hear from you and woo hoo about the trigger ... I am sending a special delivery of and to you for EPU tomorrow for a lovely haul of golden eggs my dear...

Kenta For what it is worth it sounds to me like you have found yourself a very good FS who has worked with you to get some quality blasts and if he says he is having a better success rate with FET then I would have faith and trust in his recommendations (which is saying a lot for me as I have a tendency to second guess drs/FS at every turn)... there certainly seems to be quite a bit of anecdotal evidence to suggest that some women just respond much better to FETs over fresh transfer as the body has had a chance to recover from all those drugs coursing through the veins during stims. I know of a friend of a friend who did something like 8 fresh transfers all BFN and her two successful pregnancies came from her two FETS - and there's oodles of silimlar stories out there - so embrace the opportunity to give something new a try should your current cycle not be successful.... Lord knows I will be cheering you and your little blasts on from sidelines sending lots of and your way when the time is right...

Just by the by my clinic is also having a good success rate with FETs and I considered doing a freeze all last cycle but chickened out in the end because of the concerns you are having about embryos not thawing successfully and in hindsight - perhaps I should have frozen??? (I was going to have a lap and endo scratch first to make sure there was nothing obvious that would interfere with implantation) but as Blonde has said, what is done is done and no point in me stressing now about what can't be undone...

I am really interested in the testosterone gel you have used in your cycles... I asked my FS about incorporating it during my most recent cycle but he was not familiar with its use and basically said it sounded like it did much the same thing as the DHEA (which I did take) so he didn't (wouldn't) presecribe it for me but I'm not so sure - perhaps it is absorbed better/differently than the DHEA??? I recall another lady earlier this year - Sariele - who used it as part of her protocol in conjuction with DHEA (and a whole bunch of other protocol tweaks and supplements) and she had a remarkable improvement in the quality of her embryos and is now preggo and has a batch of lovely blasts in the freezer ... the testostorone gel is the only thing from her successful protocol that I have not used and at this point I am willing to give anything a try so I will have my GP prescribe it if need be. Would you mind sharing with me what dose you were on and when you started/stopped using it?

Anyhoo... as you say we are both wrong this time round and that we have ourselves a matching pair of BFPs... nothing better than a surprise BFP! I will say that I was completely shocked/surprised/floored by my BFP last December as I was absolutely convinced that the cycle had failed - so much for my intuition!

Blonde Well my dear very good to hear that the cramps and spotting is done and dusted... yeah not sure what to make of BT results when you are on the BCP? I am interested to hear more about the intralipids so keep us updated on that front... Now have some pre-stims and my dear...

AFM Had myself some progesterone blues yesterday arvo - I sobbed my heart out for an hour or so... DP came home at the tail end of my melt down and we had a nice nap together and I woke up feeling cleansed and much better. Lordy me nothing like a good cry to let off a bit of steam! Last pregnyl injection today so yay and just 4 more sleeps to go till BT...

Anyhoo my dears may we all be one day closer to our BFPs - whenever they might come! Take care till next time...
    Last edited by Domiffy; 21-11-2013 at 10:38.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsP I'm wishing you lots of luck with your EPU.

BinB I blame the drugs for my thoughts and worries . I'm a realist though so take all of this one step at a time now and just accept what happens is meant to be. Thanks for the good wishes .

Dom good luck for the test soon. Are you going to POAS before the test? I usually do it the night before the test so I'm mentally prepared and not really surprised when I get the call. However, I usually get AF a few days before the test so already know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

BinB. - glad you are feeling better today. It's amazing what a good night sleep does.

Dom,- mega doses of sticky dust for a BFP for you. I'm keeping everything crossed.

Hi to Kenta.

Well, we go to Bris on Monday after battling driving rains, and hail strorms on the way down. Had a scan on monday and my 4 good follies were all a bit small. So stimmed for a bit longer and triggered last night for pick up tomorrow at 11am. Had a scan yesterday arvo, and we've had some OK growth, so I hope all 4 are going to be nice eggies.

In the mean time we went to sea world, to the southbank waterpark, and we're just driving back from wet and wild now. DS has been having a ball so I've been nicely distracted from the IVF.

got to go loves. Talk again soon. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P................

Just stopping by to wish you today at EPU!!! I'm keeping everything that all 4 of your egg's are absolute crackers luv and will go on to fertilise nicely!!! Here's some to help them on their way!!!

What a God awful trip down for you and your family by the sounds of it. You made it down safely and that's what matters. Good to see you've been taking in the sights while you're here and anything to distract from this whole IVF caper (and tire out your DS in the process) is no doubt a more than welcome distraction!!!

Again, all the best for today Mrs P. Know that I'm here you on from the sideline's too!!! Will await your update with anticipation!!! BTW...what do you think of WDA???

Dom: Bl oo dy progesterone blues!!! Ya poor luv!!! Sounds like DP came home right on time to give you some much needed cuddles and a good sleep can fix almost anything!!! Hope you're feeling better today girl. Honestly, those meds are such a mindf*#ck sometimes!!! Anyhoo my dear, here's your daily dose of from me to you!!! Am counting down the day's with you girl!!!

Kenta: Am hoping you're feeling better too luv. As I just mentioned to Dom, those meds do wreak havoc with our minds and emotions don't they?? Part of me is dreading starting them up again soon too. I know what a blubbering mess they turn me into at times. The things we do....Anyhoo girl, here's some for you too. You're halfway there luv.

AFM: Just keeping on with the pill popping, spoon licking and Lucrin jabbing Only 4 more BCP's to go then it'll be "game on" Ok my lovely ladies, it's that time of the morning again for me. Hope you all have a beautiful day and until next time............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-11-2013 at 10:49.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, I think the testosterone gel does the same thing as DHEA. I have used DHEA on and off but didn't stick with it or couldn't wait for it to work. I think you wouldn't want to do both as might end up with too much which might be bad too.

The gel is used for 21 days or until start period from CD8. You also take the pills (progynova 1mg and provera 5mg) for 21dys from CD5 (all up takes about 28dys). Start stim with gonal F CD2 of start of period when get period/withdrawal bleed after stopping the pills. If you want to try the testosterone gel is 1% 1.25ml daily, bit messy as rub it on arm and sometimes not sure how much gets absorbed. I would check with FS if this is right for your circumstance and some FS don't believe in it and may or may not be the answer for you. I've tried the growth hormone and it did nothing for us but again still not sure if I just had a very bad cycle where my ovaries decided not to work.

Like everything in IVF, it's hard to know if it's the recipe or just pure luck for success or bad luck for failure. When you think about it, you need the right egg with the right sperm. If one of those is wrong it doesn't work. Also in a cycle at our age, it would seem there is only one good egg in the few we get anyway and if a bad sperm is used on it, it's gone, so go figure, a lot is by chance and luck.

Tweaking and trying everything to ensure no stone is unturned is the way I cope too.

Good luck again MrsP.

BinB good luck with this cycle starting soon. The month leading up to it can seem so long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HoPe everyone is well today. Just waiting in pre-op for EPU. Feeling rather calm considering. I'll let you know what we get ASAP.

have a great day girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got 3 eggs, and 2 were mature. Can't expect much more at 46. Hopefully my past form of 100% fert rate keeps on. WDA doesn't want me to waste money on CGH, but I'd rather have nothing to transfer than transfer chromosomally abnormal guys, get a BFP, and then lose it. I've only just got over the last one.

BinB, - Thanks for all your support lovely lady. It will be your turn soon! ... I did meet WDA in May at my initial appointment, and I felt that I already knew him because of the amount of talk about him on the forums. But yes, he is everything that I expected.

Dom, - I feel for you Hun. A good cry, cuddle, and snooze does help, doesn't it. Sometimes I wonder why we feel we must stay strong and hold it in when letting it all out is much better for our health. I hate the second week of the 2ww, and I hope the time goes quickly for you so you can get your beautiful BFP.

kenta, - Best of luck to you too. I hope your wait goes quickly.

Talk again soon girls. I'll be flying to syd tomorrow and doing my finger tapping, and get my daily phone updates from there. DS and I will be staying with my mum. She dosent know about the ivf. I'll have to be super creative with what my support meds are for. I don't think she will figure it out. Hoping that I can stay as distracted there as I have been here, but I don't think so.

Anyway must go now. DS has woken, and they are on their way to pick me up. I feel a little disappointed about only getting 2. But I have to remember my limitations. Hopefully the one in a million is one of these.

Cheers girls. A dose of Is coming your way...

MrsP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hellooo Mrs P..................

Well done Lady!!! 2 mature eggs is a start luv, and they both fertilise for you!!! Try not to feel too disappointed ok?? I think you've done fantastically as any egg is a bonus in my opinion!! and if anyone can pull it off, you can luv!!! Here's some to start 'em off!!!

Will be interesting finding ways to pass off the support meds!!! I know when I have family/friends come over (who don't know we're cycling, and that's most of them), I have to hide all my vitamin bottles and any other IVF related paraphernalia away so as to avoid awkward questions!!! Am sure you'll think up a few creative responses!!!

Have a safe and smooth flight to Sydney tomorrow and I'll look out for your updates. I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines as always!!! Enjoy your visit with you mum too. Am sure entertaining DS will provide at least some kind of a distraction for you

Dom: How are you faring luv??? Hope you're having a better day of it today girl Am keeping you in my thoughts and sending vibes your way.

Kenta: Thanks for sharing that info about the Testosterone gel. I did ask WDA about it before I started my last cycle, but he said "no" to using it as I think it could be a bit of overkill with the DHEA (as you were saying in your post) as well. Anyhoo, hope you're having a good day too luv. Here's some more for you.

OK girls, just wanted to see how Mrs P got on. Hope you've all had a lovely day so far and have a wonderful weekend ahead. Will be keeping an eye on the threads for updates. Until then.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck mrs p for your two eggs. You only need one to work so I'm wishing it's in one of these two. You learn how to juggle ivf and life after a while and keeping it quiet from the rest of the world as so hard to keep explaining and giving updates to well meaning people.

I've been doing my slow treadmill walks at gym to kill the 2ww which surprising helps with bloating from drugs... Usually I never did any exercise in 2ww but after doing this so many times now I don't think it will affect the outcome. Expecting AF next week as usually get it 8 to 11 days after a transfer so if make it to blood test next Friday it will be my Christmas miracle.... I'm wishing all you girls the same Christmas miracle wish. Don't know anyone on this site but get a sense of how wonderful and deserving the girls on this site are to be mothers 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long day for me. DS and I are in Syd, and DH and FIL are on their way to Perth. Rang thismorning for results, and we only got one. I blame ICSI. We've always had 100% fert with IVF. I think that if you've good sperm that they will always do a better job of it by themselves. Anyway we won't do CGH with one, so depending on how it goes, we'll be transferring on Wed.

I'll come back for personals later. Just thought I'd let you know.