+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P.....................

Glad to hear all's well on your road trip thus far. Can't be easy with a toddler I'm thinking!!! Am hoping the increase in your FSH will take care of the E2 issue. I wonder if you're not allowed to take the E2 pessaries because you'll be taking Progynova as part of the estrogen priming bit of the protocol???
    Here's some more to help your follies along until you get down here and WDA can take a look at them himself!!! Hope the rest of your trip is smooth sailing for you luv and can't wait to hear WDA's verdict when you see him on Monday I'm assuming????

Dom:.................... Hope you're enjoying your weekend thus far luv and your embies are now snuggling for the long haul!!! Here's some more for the cause!!! How's your DP's ankle now????

AFM: Kate sent a reply back to me late yesterday arvo and said that the spotting is not a problem and to continue on as planned Although I had a feeling it wouldn't be a issue, it's still a relief to have it confirmed. So on Monday morning I commence Lucrin injections and the dreaded Prednisone But on a positive, I'm now even closer to starting!!!!

Been having more weird dreams too...This time it was DP and I deciding on the name for our baby(and him not liking what I wanted to call her and it was a girl's name although there was no actual baby in my dream) and deciding whether he wanted the baby to have my surname or his??? Talk about putting the cart before the horse!!! Jaysus!!!, it's going to be one long cycle this one!!! I've never had so many pregnancy/baby related dreams all at once as I'm having now in the lead up to this cycle....am finding it very bizarre

Anyhoo girls, am off to do a few things around here before the showers and storms start up again (they're lurking about as I type and a warning has been sent to my mobile). Take care and I'll hear from you both soon. Until then............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 16-11-2013 at 13:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Dom and Mrs P......................

Dom.............
    What's the latest 2WW update from your end of town luv??? Am hoping good things are happening down there in your oven. Not long until BT now!!! As always, I'm keeping everything for you that you've got a sticky one (or two) in there!!! Here's some more for you girl

Mrs P...............
    I hope you and your family have made it safely to Brisvegas How did your appointment go with WDA??? Am thinking you should be due for EPU any day now??? Here's some pre-EPU to help those eggs cook to perfection!!

AFM:
    Had Endo Scratch a couple of hours ago. Thank God it wasn't as bad as last time (though still painful but more a 7/10 this time compared to a 10/10 last time). God bless the Endone (although it's made me a little "hazy fantazy" and more than a wee bit nauseous. The Maxalon I took not too long ago should take care of that. Was a wee bit crampy and shaky afterwards (which is totes normal), so WDA made me have a lie down for a bit before I went and had some BT's done.

He also took a sample of my endometrial tissue for testing again, just to make sure all's ok there and did a quick scan to check my lining and ovaries. He said my lining is quite thin which is to be expected as I'm still on the BCP and that when I have my withdrawal bleed in a week or so, there won't be much to "come away". My AFC was 8-10 that he could see, so he's hoping they've got some "green eggs" waiting to grow in there (and he thinks they should keep growing once I start stimming) and I'm hoping when I start the FSH, I won't lose any of those follicles and pick up a few more along the way too

He also mentioned doing an intralipid infusion this time around as well He said he sometimes likes to do this for his ladies that are having problems getting pregnant as more of a preventative in case there are any unforseen immune issues and that although he believes I don't have any, it's more of a case of giving it a go as at this point there's nothing to lose and no downside to doing it (as in side effects etc). I'm up for it, so will see if he still wants to go that route once I start the stim's

Ok girls, just a quick one. Am feeling a bit ordinary plus I'm bleeding a little (though nothing out of the ordinary) so am going to park my butt on the lounge and have a rest. Will update tomorrow when I get my BT results. Am hoping all is well in both of your worlds and look forward to getting your updates. Take care my lovelies, and until next time.............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-11-2013 at 04:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BlondeinBrisvegas,

Sounds like you are getting the full works.

I note that you had an endometrial scratch done today. Can I ask what part of your cycle you are in to get it done as I'm thinking about getting it done before our FET. Was it done in the rooms with a pipelle?

Also did WDA explain how/when the intralipid infusion is given.

We have done so many cycles and one FET without luck that I just want to tick off all the things that may improve our success as I fear this may be our last crack at it these 2 frozen blasts and we need every help we can get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Kenta..................

Yes, WDA did the Endo scratch in his rooms with a pipelle. I'm on Day 13 of the AACEP protocol (although I've been taking the pill for an extra couple of weeks more than normal this cycle as I had to time things around family commitments).

I know under normal circumstances, the scratch has to be done in the cycle (at around Day 21 I think, will have to double check that) before either stimms or FET cycle begins. I'm due to stop the pill in around 6 days, wait for AF to arrive then begin stimms.

He hasn't explained about the intralipid infusion as of yet, so will Dr Google that one for the moment to find out a bit more. I've read bits and pieces about it in the past, but need to do a lot more research. Are you with WDA???

Sorry I can't be of much help at this stage, but will post a bit more of an update when more information comes to hand. I can see by your signature that you've been on this IVF Train for a while too now. I wish you the best of luck luv and am keeping my your frosties will do the trick!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-11-2013 at 05:12.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for reply BinB,

I did do a cycle with WDA and really like him. He has a heart of gold and is a gem. We threw everything in that cycle and it wasn't good but I think it was just a bad cycle where my ovaries didn't like all the drugs. We went back to our original FS as I wanted to have my fibroids out as pickup was a problem now a few times where they had trouble getting to them. We have done 3 cycle since WDA and our 2 blasts we have frozen are from our last 2 cycles. Our FS wanted us to freeze as he gets better success with FET so I'm waiting for this 2ww which I'm sure hasn't worked as it was a pretty poor morula and we were given <5% chance of it working. Also the only time when I had a chemical pregnancy I remember I had a few random pinching feeling in my lower tummy and I haven't got that.

I see you girls including Dom and MrsP are trying everything as well. I think WDA will do everything he knows to get you there and think outside the square. WDA advised us we needed donor or we would have to do lots of cycles to get the one egg so that's what we have been doing. He is so honest and I would go back to him but I found beating the traffic to get there every morning and fitting in work was more difficult than cycling locally.

Think I'll get my FS to do a pipelle scratch on day 21 and then do the FET in Jan. We are thinking of putting both in to increase our chance but if we got twins how will we test them and if one was abnormal what do you do? I know I'm jumping too far ahead as I can't imagine even being pregnant as have never got there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Blonde well I bet you are one happy chickadee to get that dang scratch over and done with... one stop closer on the IVF train and only 6 more little BCPs to go... toot tooot . Good on WDA for suggesting the intralipids, sounds like he is covering all bases this cycle, so fingers, legs, arms,toes and eyes crossed that this is the winning combo for you this time around my dear. 8-10 follies sounds fantastic and hopefully you will pick up a few more along the way once you start stims.... Yep it's reassuing to have the mid luteal blood tests - at least you are not taking loads of extra sh**t if you don't need to. I have no idea what the optimal levels/range for estrogen and prog should be - but I imagine it is a pretty broad... BTW What BTs did you have yesterday (just call me sticky-nose)?

Mrs P Just wondering how your cycle and epic road trip are going... hope all is well with you and your family and that everything is unfolding as planned.

Kenta How many more days till your BT? Don't lose hope re your morula... lots of stories out there with happy IVF endings with less than ideal beginnings... my fertility nurse now has triplets which resulted from the transfer of three dodgy looking three day embryos that her FS didn't hold out much hope for. Good to have a back up plan with the FET tho... since improvements in the freezing/thawing of embryos have been introduced the success rate for FET has really improved. BTW Kenta, if you don't mind me asking, what stims were you on during your cycle with WDA? And what you were on with your recent cycles??? Just curious to know what the differences were.

AFM Well only five more sleeps to go till BT ... so far the wait hasn't been too torturous... just trying to keep myself busy but oh lordy the second week does drag on! I have been having a few pings and pangs here and there near my ovaries but nothing major, constipation has kicked in, bloating, and enlarged boobies are my main side effects... a par for the course for me with the support drugs tho. I try to not get too caught up in the symptom spotting during this TWW given that the prednisolone is meant to mask symptoms and support meds cause all manner of them - makes it quite a challenge coming to any solid conclusions... my hunch is that this cycle won't be a success. So, unfortunately, I haven't been able to stop myself from planning next steps... will have my lap and will then most likely try give my eggs one last chance, then a FET with my blast and then it's on to donor eggs for me - I was checking out the cost of flights to SA yesteday! I am so over putting my freaking life on hold for IVF and if it takes a donor eggs to get me to motherhood then DP and I are ok with that.

On another note... I was pleasantly suprised to learn that our out of pocket expenses for our latest cycle were only $2300 - it was the first time we've cycled with private health cover (our 12 month waiting period was up June)... so at least financially the thought of another cycle is not too daunting...

Anyhoo my dears till next time... to you all.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 20-11-2013 at 11:50.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    How de do Ladies...........

Kenta: Firstly, I second what Dom says about not writing off your Morula just yet. There's just no rhyme or reason to this IVF caper sometimes and how many times have we seen ladies transferring text book perfect Grade 5/6 AA blasty's only to get a BFN, while other ladies transfer average or below average emby's that are fragmenting all over the place and having FS's telling them not to bother getting their hopes up and as sure as sh*$, they end up in a BFP???? Statistic's will say that the better the quality, the better the chance, but my point is, you just never know. I'm also interested to know (like Dom) what protocol's you were doing both with WDA and your current FS (who is he/she btw if you don't mind me asking??).

In regards to FET's, I did approach WDA and enquired as to whether I could do a freeze all this cycle and have a go at a FET as I've never had one before, thinking that at this late stage in the game, I'm up for giving anything within reason a go. Despite understanding my reasons, WDA still didn't think it was a good idea as in his opinion, his success rates in his practice personally are 50/50 fresh/frozen and he felt it too much of a risk to the emby's to potentially lose them either in the freezing or thawing of them especially when his personal BFP rates are 50/50. He said if he felt FET were more successful overall, then that's what he'd do.

As per your weighing up on a SET or a DET, as you can see by my signature, I've always done DET (did a triple last time) as at my age both WDA and my previous FS did DET as a matter of course for women over 35 (especially more so for over 37 onwards) as although there is the risk of falling preggo with twins, that risk in our age group is very, very small plus it's thought one embryo can help the other "to get across the line" and aid in implantation. Not only that, I also elected to have DET (and a triple last time), because my embryo's have always been only of average or (on one cycle) above average quality, so to only transfer one would be a complete waste of my time in my opinion plus when I did have excess embryo's leftover in a couple of my cycles, they weren't of a good enough quality to freeze, so again, it would've been a waste just to have one transferred.

In regards to testing of twins were you to fall preggo with them, yes, the new blood tests they offer to test for Trisomy's (one of them is called Harmony, another one I know of is called MaterniT21) are suitable for woman expecting twins. Obviously if the test was inconclusive or showed an increased risk of a certain Trisomy, the next port of call would be an Amnio I'm guessing??? If one was abnormal, I think you'd either elect to have an embryo selection performed, continue on with the pregnancy or the embryo may stop developing in utero of it's own accord??? But luv, that's an awful lot of maybe's for you to be doing your head in about and my philosophy is to deal with the "here and now" and cross those bridges if and when you come to them.

I think it's worth having a scratch done, who knows if it will work, but there's no down side to having it in my opinion, so you may as well give it a go girl!!! As to how many of your emby's you have transferred, that's a decision you and your DH are going to have to make based on what's right for you. Either way, I'm wishing you the best of luck luv and sending your way to get you that much wanted BFP!!! God know's you've worked hard enough for it!!!!

Dom: I must say, $2300 oop would've been a lovely change as I know how much it is without PH myself and it does make having another round with your OE that much more bearable financially if it comes to it (and I'm really, really hoping it doesn't luv!!!).

As you say girl, with all the drugs swirling around your system, it's just far too difficult to symptom spot with any kind of confidence. I fear it will all come down to the BT and I'm hoping your hunch is totally off base!!! However, good to see you've got your Plan B and C in motion just in case. And that's great that you and your DP are onboard with going the donor route if needs be (so SA seems to be the way you're leaning hey if it comes to it??).

Here's some pre-BT to be going on with luv. I can't believe it's only 5 more sleeps!!! I'm keeping everything of course, that it's going to be a BFP for you!! A worthy victory it'll be for an IVF Warrior like you luv!!!

Mrs P: What's happening luv??? I do hope everything's ok with you. Will keep waiting patiently for your update. Here's your lot of too.

AFM: WDA ordered up the usual bloods....E2,P4, FSH, LH (I think) and he also did CA125 (I'm thinking he's checking that out in conjunction with the sample he sent off from my scratch yesterday). I think that's it, was pretty out of it at the time, so was pretty non compus!!!! I also sneakily ticked the TFT box to see what my levels are too...Naughty, naughty, I know!!!!

Will ring up a bit later on this afternoon for those BT results and post an update then. I have no idea what the levels should be as I'm still taking the pill, so buggered if I know what's going to constitute acceptable levels or not??? Will try to find out a bit more about the intralipid infusion too (mainly the cost factor). Was a bit surprised when he mentioned doing that as it came straight out of left field. Have done a bit of research via Dr Google and it seems you have it done a couple of days before ET and then again if you get a BFP and can continue having them done periodically until the 20 week mark.

At this stage, he's only mentioned it and he may well have forgotten he did by the time I see him again once AF arrives and I go in for my Day 2 scan etc (you know what he can be like remembering what he's said sometimes) As long as the cost isn't prohibitive, then I'm willing to try it.

Have pulled up pretty well today and yes Dom I'm so freaking glad that's over and done with!!! Mind you, the 3 Endone's, 1x Maxalon (to counteract the nausea from the Endone) and the 2xValium I took in lieu of the "stiff scotch" WDA prescribed before the procedure probably helped!! LOFL!!!. He also told me that the scar tissue on my cervix from the cone biopsy I had performed to treat a CINIII I had when I was 23 yrs old is another reason my cervix is so tight or, as he so eloquently put it "makes it that much harder to get in the door" ROFLMAO!!! He's such a crack up sometimes!!

I'm only experiencing minimal cramps and light spotting/bleeding which comes and goes, so nothing major, although I am feeling quite tired for some reason??. Yes, I was surprised at the AFC (I didn't know if I'd see anything tbh, being on the pill) and yes, greedy guts me is, of course, hoping for as many eggs as possible once I start stimming

Ok girls, am off for now. Will be back later with update after I get my BT results back. Until next time.....

UPDATE: Ok, just called for BT results:- E2..<70, P4..<0.5, FSH..10, LH..5, TFT..0.6. The CA125 will take a week to get results and will come back with the results of the tissue sample he sent off yesterday after doing my scratch. Apparently he's ticked off today's BT results as acceptable (again, buggered if I know, but if he says they are, then they are I guess).

As for the intralipid infusion, I have to discuss that with him when I see him for my Day 2 bloods/scan and it's a case of calling up St Andrew's and getting a P.O.A then, so am in the dark about that until I see him next, although admin girl Katie mentioned you can have the infusion on the same day as the ET???
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-11-2013 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom and BinB....with WDA I did gonal F 450 twice daily; saizen; luveris; progynova; medroxyprogesterone; prednisone; aspirin; clexane antagonist cycle as started on D2; cetrotide; pregnyl trigger - we had our worst result getting only 2 to transfer that were slow but like I say I wonder if it just had to do with a bad cycle. I think I agree with WDA, I am now stressing about whether we have made the right decision to freeze our best blast as it might be our only one and if it doesn't survive the thaw we are stuffed....I am now stressed about this although DH likes to be positive about it and I am regretting not putting it in now on this fresh cycle.

With my current FS we have done antagonist cycles with gonal f 450; orgalutran and ovidrel trigger; we have been doing 1 month of progynova and provera with testosterone gel prior to some of our cycles (we seem to get a blast with it; maybe just coincidence who knows)....does seem like groundhog day most cycles as we have done it so many times but I think it's just getting as many fertilised embryos for us to use. We usually transfer 2 if available too but generally the quality is not like the 2 blasts we have frozen; this time only one as FS and DH wanted to freeze the blast as they believe in the FET being more successful. I think WDA may get better fresh result as he puts you on lots of support meds post transfer....makes you feel yuck though. However after 2 years of doing this I seem to tolerate it pretty well by now except for the weight gain (I'm about 5kg heavier since I started IVF). My FS seems to be into more natural. At this point I just want some good news for a change and I'm sure so do all of us. When we saw WDA I was willing to do anything but I'm thinking that may not be the answer and it may just be a matter of making a good embryo in a whole lot of bad and the recipe tweaks seem to be very FS dependent and their beliefs.

Goodluck Dom. My test is not till next Friday but like you I think we know our bodies by now and I think our gut instinct tells us but I would like to be proved wrong and I hope the same for you.
    Last edited by Kenta; 20-11-2013 at 15:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trigger done! Post when I can. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls.....................

Mrs P...............Ooooh, how exciting luv!!! Am so happy to hear from you and that you and your family have made it here to Brisvegas unscathed!!! Here's some pre-EPU for you luv, and I'm keeping my you get a good haul of mature eggs!!! Go Mrs P!!!!!

Kenta..............I've never done an anatagonist cycle straight off the bat, always long down reg or the AACEP, but I think it is a matter of finding out what protocol/drugs work best for your body. And yep, every FS have their own idea's about what drugs/prtocols/tweaks etc are the best way forward. And I agree about the support meds with WDA, they do make you feel like sh$t!! Well, they did make me feel that way last cycle and I had the worst AF after that BFN too. Was bl oo dy painful with really heavy bleeding!!!

At our age, doing a cycle is a bit like "groundhog day" in the sense that we are looking for the good egg/s among the majority of bad. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is as you get older (and closer to menopause), our eggs and their quality are declining and it is a matter of finding the metaphorical needle in the haystack sometimes although of course, there are exceptions to every rule (God knows, I wish I was one of those women) and by the looks of it, whatever protocol you used last cycle seems have worked well for your body as not only did you make it to blastocyst, you got one (or was it two?) for the freezer!! That's great luv!! I've never had any good enough for the freezer, so you're doing well there.

I understand you're concerned about the decision you've made to freeze your best blasty, but luv, what's done is done and you have to make peace with that choice and accept that what will be will be or else you're just going to keep doing your head in about it. The fact is that although there is a chance the blasty won't survive the thaw, it'd be a pretty low chance of that happening I'd imagine and a higher percentage that it will survive especially as you have two to thaw, so the chances that at least one of those will survive the thaw, if not both, I would think are definitely in your favour. Dom or Mrs P could probably shed more light on this both having done FET's in the past.

Yes, I've been at this for 18 months myself and have learnt to tolerate the med's fairly well, although I've been known to drop my bundle on occasions Most cycles see me gain between 3-5kg's, but I've been lucky in that I've managed to lose the weight afterwards as it's mainly bloating/fluid, but I have noticed that after each cycle it does take longer for the weight to come off and I have to work that little bit harder to do it too....No doubt, yet another age realated thing

I totally understand about wanting to hear some good news, that's definitely what we all want and I'll be keeping my you get some next Fri when you have your BT done (are you going to POAS beforehand??). Here's some good luck for you luv!! I really do wish you all the best and hope you get your BFP this cycle. What we all want is to just get off this Godforsaken IVF Train once and for all!!!

Dom................ Just a quick shout out to you my girl!!! As always I'm thinking of you and hoping for that BFP!!! Here's your daily dose of my dear

AFM: All good with me. No more cramps and almost zero spotting/bleeding, so happy days!!! I think I may have pushed it a wee bit too far physically yesterday and ended up totally exhausted and almost "out on my feet" by late arvo/early evening, so took myself off to bed for an early night and feel so much better for it this morning

Ok my dears, am off to face the working day shortly. Take care my lovelies, and until next time....................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-11-2013 at 07:07.