+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry ladies for not posting sooner… grrrr my laptop cable chose yesterday to pack it in half way through me tapping out my post – my dear old lappy is 3 years old and no longer holds any charge in her battery so once the cable plug thingy died that was it for the power until I could get track down a new cable today… could have logged in on my phone but I couldn’t remember my BH password as they are saved to laptop settings… dramas, dramas, dramas… worst timing but then that is always the way!Anyhoo… the embryologist rang yesterday morning to say that two had fertilised, they were still watching the third one as there was still a chance that something might happen with it but number four was too immature to icsi so it was no go for straggler. All our hopes and dreams are resting on #1 and #2… we don’t get progress reports from the clinic on Sundays so we are holding our breath till tomorrow morning to see how our little guys have fared over the weekend. I have decided to go ahead with transfer tomorrow (provided there is something to transfer of course) as freezing embies at my clinic is so dang expensive that it probably really only makes sense to freeze them if they make it to blast but of course as we have used the embryo-gen culture medium we would have to freeze at day 3. So fingers crossed I am pupo this time tomorrow….Movie marathon on Friday arvo was fabulous and about all I could cope with in my post GA stupour tho I’m not sure that Steel Magnolias was such an inspired choice… I do love the movie but that scene where Sally Field breaks down after her daughter’s funeral is so gut-wrenching… so raw and emotional DP and I both had tears ********* down our faces… probably a little cathartic for us both!Went to a 40th bday last night and had myself some well earned champers after being off alcohol for the last few months… was nice to let my hair down hopefully it will be my last champers for the next 18 months or so not because I’m minding my diet but because there is a sticky bun in my oven… Blonde Sounds like you have having a nice relaxing w/e my dear... I hope you get some relief from the humidity with a nice downpour down there in Brissy this arvo... As for me thinking I’d already ovulated before EPU well that was based on absolutely nothing other than me being a paranoid anxiety ridden little stress head assuming the worst as per usual ... yes it is a nice to have officially graduated to meditation lady’s track #2 but I was giving it a good whirl last week as it is one of the best relaxation tracks I’ve ever heard. It was able to dial down my anxiety level from 10 to 0 in about 15 mins to the point where I would be or almost be asleep at the end of the track… no mean feat!Mrs P Woo hoo… you’re off and jabbing at long last… as Blonde has said 10 antrals sounds fabulous so I am sending lots of juicy follie vibes your way to help them grow into a bumper crop for you over the next week or so…. sorry to hear about the side effects of the meds – I hope they settle soon… I had a few Nitrodur patches left over from last cycle and I ended up using them this cycle but I didn’t seem to have any of the side effects that I had from last time thank goodness.Anyhoo my dears that’s about it from me for the time being… just gonna to chill for the rest of the arvo and see what tomorrow brings. Promise I will be back to with an update ASAP... Take care my lovelies
    Last edited by Domiffy; 10-11-2013 at 16:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hey Dom.............................

Well, thank Ch-er-ist the hold up on you posting was nothing more than a laptop cable!!!! Jaysus, I've been going wondering WTF was going on????? And, breathe Blonde..........

Congrat's luv on the three fertilising!!! (even if one is iffy at this point....I'm still counting it 'cause I'm choosing to look on the bright side!!!) Let's hope this Embryo-Gen does it's stuff and gets those embies growing!!!!

Ah, yes, Steel Magnolia's........a definite Kleenex movie if ever there was one. But a good old cry to let it all out after all the stress and strain leading up to EPU was no doubt just the ticket for you and your DP!!! Nothing like a good old purge and cleanse!!!

Good for you letting your hair down and giving the champers a bit of a nudge girl!! Well deserved if you ask me and would've done the same if I were in your party shoes!!! Nothing like a good "knee's up" to give us that distraction we so often need doing this sh*# sometimes, I reckon!!

AFM: Yes, we've had some storms and a few showers come through in some area's so far today (mainly just thunder and bit of a shower here so far) but the powers that be reckon there's more on the way later and over the next few days. Hope so as you well know how I feel about the humidity!!! At least it's starting to cool down now. Had a lovely relaxing day for the most part and spent the last couple of hours or so outside in the yard. I do enjoy my lazy Sundays when I can get them
    Ok luv, am keeping my and mainlining your embies way that they keep on growing and dividing nicely and you have at least two superstars for transfer tomorrow!!! What time are you booked in??? Time to get track number 3 ready to go girl!!!

Have a good sleep my dear and I'll hear from you tomorrow. Until then you know I'm here cheering you on and doing the "Grow Emby, Grow" jig!!!

Until tomorrow...................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - best of luck for tomorrow. I really hope it all works out for you this cycle. I'll be throwing all the this thing will let me, for a BFP for you from your wonderful embies.

BinB, - So glad that you get some relief from the humidity this afternoon.

AFM, - Still have a dull headache, and for most of the morning felt nauseous and just couldn't think. I had a 2.5hr afternoon nap which help a bit. I'm not going to do the nitrodur patches, at least until I speak with WDA/Kate. I have reasonably low blood pressure as it is, and the way I felt was just wrong.

Good luck again Dom... Can't wait to hear about a BFP from you in 2 weeks time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Dom........................

Just wanted to stop by and wish you again for today!!! Am so excited for you!!! Here's some more to get the 2WW started!!! this is your cycle for a BFP!!!!

Mrs P................... Fair enough luv re the Nitrodur Patches. I don't think they're absolutely crucial to the protocol (because when WDA and I were discussing FSH levels for this cycle, he asked me if I wanted to do the Nitrodur patches again) but he'll tell you what he thinks is best when you see him. As he said to me at my appointment "If I think it's a bad idea, I'll tell you". So rest assured, he will!!

When's your next scan/bloods due?? Am keeping my that your follies are growing nicely. Here's some more to help them along!!! Are you nearly all packed and ready to go???

Ok girls, must go and get ready for work soon. Will be stalking this thread throughout the day looking for an update from you Dom
    Until next time.................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Hi Dom........................

Mrs P................... Fair enough luv re the Nitrodur Patches. I don't think they're absolutely crucial to the protocol (because when WDA and I were discussing FSH levels for this cycle, he asked me if I wanted to do the Nitrodur patches again) but he'll tell you what he thinks is best when you see him. As he said to me at my appointment "If I think it's a bad idea, I'll tell you". So rest assured, he will!!

When's your next scan/bloods due?? Am keeping my that your follies are growing nicely. Here's some more to help them along!!! Are you nearly all packed and ready to go???
    Next bloods this morning, and waiting on results. Will speak with Kate thisarvo when she gets results and will tell her about the nitro then.

Next scan/bloods, thursday. The day we go!!!

Got to go. Lots to do, no time to do it all. Have done nothing the last few days due feeling like sh%te...

2nd time posting this. The first one I lost, so apologies for the text like manner or writing.

Dom, - All the very best for today. I'm thinking of you, and sending lots of good vibes and baby dust. ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hello there loves... I am very happy/relieved to report that I have 2 little 3 dayers on board 1x6 cell and 1x8 cell. Embryologist gave them a grade 3 (grade 4 being best and grade 1 being sh**e) and FS said they were "excellent quality" early days of course but I will spend the next fortnight feeling hopeful and thinking preggo thoughts... #3 fertilised and is 4x cells today they will keep and eye on it and try to grow it to day 6... a bit confused as I assumed they would have to freeze at day 3 with the embryo-gen, but they must just have to change the culture medium?... maybe you lose the benefit of the embryo-gen if you don't transfer on day three but you can still try to grow to blast?... I shall have to clarify with the embryologist. Had my pre and post transfer acu today as well as a good ole val before ET so feeling as floppy as can be right now. Will be doing my best to stay away from those stupid pee sticks this time round given that I will be shooting up pregnyl for the next couple of weeks - I don't need the added torment...

Mrs P I have my for you for good BT results today and I hopeyour scan on Thursday reveals some lovely follie growth... wishing you safe travels to Brissy and beyond.

Blonde Heard those Brissy storms packed a bit of a punch yesterday - hope that all is well in your part of town.

Anyway my dears... the countdown has begun. Take care my loves till next time... to us all.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 11-11-2013 at 17:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Woohoo!!! You're PUPO!!! You're PUPO!!! Am so happy for you luv!!! And always a good start when they're highly graded too!! Am assuming there wasn't too much fragmentation with them either???Am a bit myself about the other emby??? I, too, thought they would have to be transferred/frozen on Day 3 with the Embryo-Gen, but no doubt, you're correct in assuming that your remaining emby will just be transferred to the other media culture they use for growing unitl Blastocyst. Either way, will be keeping my it makes it and goes into the deep freeze with your other frosty

Was wondering if you were using the Pregnyl again this cycle and indeed you are. Same as last time on Day 3,6 and 9 post ET??? I know I'll be using it again too should I make it to ET and have already thought about just doing the Day 3 and 6
    shots just so I can POAS in peace!!! Alas, I shall probably be a good girl and just do as I'm told!!!

Aaaahh, yes, the "good old Vals" God Bless those little white pills!!! Make ET that much more interesting!!! You'll be in for a good sleep tonight too luv!!! Am just so pleased for you girl and I'm going to be hoping and praying that either or both of those embies make themselves right at home in the next 2 weeks and you get that BFP!!! Here's an "oven warming" gift of to welcome them!!!

Mrs P.................Hope the BT results are all on track and you've got some juicy follies growing!!! Hope you're feeling better too ya poor luv!!! What did Kate say???

AFM: The southside of Brissy copped the brunt of the storms yesterday (I live in the inner northern side of the city), so all we got initially was some thundery showers, but a storm did come through around 10-10.30pm bringing some much needed rain thankfully. Been overcast on and off all day and there are storms and showers lurking around in places, but none this way as yet. We still desperately need more rain though.

Other than that, just counting down the days. Endo scratch booked in for early next week. Start Lucrin and the dreaded Prednisone then too......am getting closer girls!!!

Ok my lovelies, must go for now......Get the next track ready to go Dom!!! Am sure you'll become very well acquainted with it the next 2 weeks!!! Until next time..........................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blonde Woo hoo yes PUPO at last ... PHEW another hurdle jumped in the IVF marathon to (hopefully) motherhood... I'm not sure about the fragmentation, I am assuming embies would have scored a lower grade if it was too much of an issue?... But that's just an assumption of course and I'm not game to ask as I don't want to stress about things I can't change this time round. I have decided to take the ignorance is bliss approach during the TWW but I will get a full rundown from the embryologist when I know the outcome after BT... I'll find out how DP's sperm was and what the follies were like to inject, frag rate etc... but for now I'm happy to pitch my TWW tent in the dark.

Yes it is curious about the embryo-gen and I will let you know what the story is there once embryo lady has clarified for me... and yes it's Pregnyl boosters all the way for me... every three days starting today (4 in total) and this will combine nicely with the truckload of progesterone support I'm on to screw with my head for the next couple of weeks

Mrs P Likewise what Blonde said... hope you are feeling better re the side effects and that your BT results are all good... and that your managing to stay sane during this crazy time!

Well ladies I'm off to the 24 hour medical clinic this morning as DP has a bung ankle... not sure what the prob but it has been bothering him for a few days and of course instead of staying off it over the w/e and giving it a chance to heal he ignored it... he came home early from work yesterday as it was so sore and ended up painting our wardrobe louver doors and hobbling around the garden for hours (he was supposed to be resting) so of course it flared up last night and he was in agonising pain... hope it is nothing major!

Anyhoo ladies... thanks again for all your wonderful support... take care... until next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Dom....................

Yes, I agree, ignorance is bliss sometimes....well, in this 2WW caper it is!!! It's just my Virgoan mind yearning for details, details, details!!! The details can wait, God damn it!!!! I am interested to know if you think the Embryo-Gen made any difference to the quality of your embies compared to your other cycles??

Oh, God, the 2WTorture!!!! Am hoping it flies by for you girl!!! 4 Pregnyl shots this time around??? Hmmm, very interesting!!! Who cares, if it helps you get that BFP!!!! Are you doing pessaries and the Crinone too?? Oh God, not looking forward to the "Constipation City" that crap causes me!!! But again, it's all in a good cause!!! Here's some more for you luv!!!!

I hope all is well with your DP. That's what he gets for being a stubborn Virgo and not staying off his feet!!! My DP is exactly the same when it comes to all things medical like that, he rarely listens to me, then ends up more frustrated when he pushes things to the absolute limit which often results in "enforced bed/lounge rest" until he's 100% again..... Anyhoo, I do hope it's nothing serious.

Mrs P..................... Just touching base to see how you're going??? I can imagine you're flat out!!! Just in case you don't have a chance to post before you leave, am wishing you and your family a safe trip down and know that I'm keeping my for you and sending loads of your way!!!

Ok, just a quick one today girls. Take care and until next time..........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-11-2013 at 11:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - Yay for being PUPO ... Stick little embies, stick!!!

I can just hear your DP yesterday saying, - "It'll be right!" Hope he is resting up today. Silly fellow!

BinB, - Yep just having a cuppa after lunch, trying to re group. I am flat out. And with sod all energy, - well lets just say, I can't wait for the next few days to be over.

Still waiting for yesterdays blood results. I just tried to chase them up, and they still didn't have them. I'll let you girls know when I get them.

P4 - less than 1... So I can keep going! :-)
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 12-11-2013 at 17:10.