+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Dom and Mrs P......................

Dom:............
    *sound of starter's gun being fired* And she's cycling!!!! Yippee luv!!! You're away!!! Good luck girl!!! Am keeping my that you're beginning to grow some lovely follies When's your first scan??? Here's some to get those follies growing!!! Am very excited for you girl and hoping this cycle will be the one for you!! Will be waiting for your updates with anticipation!!!: Oh, and your suggestion of a yoga instructor and acupuncturist round out the fantasy beautifully luv, so we'll add those too!!!

Mrs P.............. How's everything going??? Am hoping your side effects are settling down luv. Ditto what Dom said too r.e moving to WA. Am sure you'll make new friend in no time, though I totally understand the "getting harder when you get older" thing,but until then, you've always got us here!!

AFM:..................Just got back from seeing my GP. She gave me a copy of the results from the extra testing I requested. Free T4's came in at 14pmol/L (10-20 is the normal range) and my Free T3's were 4.0pmol/L (normal range is 2.8-6.8) so all good there. My TSH was retested and now its at 2.1mU/L????? WTF????? I don't understand the fluctuation, unless having the first test on CD3 made a difference??? Anyhoo, I'm still going to go ahead with taking the Thyroxine just to be certain, so have been prescribed 50mcg's/day and will retest in 3-4 weeks. Will start that in the morning. Incidentally, I was speaking to a girl down at the local shops this morning who I'm friendly with (who has Hashimoto's and who's 14 weeks preggo) about thryroid levels etc and she told me the RBWH OB has advised her that they like a woman's TSH levels to be between 1-2 for pregnancy, so that cemented it for me as far as I was concerned.

Ok girls, just a quick post today. Until next time my lovelies............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-10-2013 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there ladies
    Blonde Yay about those TSH levels that really must be a relief . I read somewhere along the way that they can fluctuate quite a bit within the course of the day as the hormones ebb and flow…. So tis fantastic that it has fluctuated down Ahh… synchronicity funny how you managed to find a preggo lady with Hashimoto’s just at this point in time to confirm your decision on the thyroxine…

Mrs P Hope things are ticking along nice and uneventfully for you and that any side effects of the meds have settled….

AFM Started my jabs yesterday and will have my first scan tomorrow morning to check out what those little walnuts of mine are up to…. So far I’m managing to stay relatively sane and calm but I do hate that first scan… it’s always an accurate predictor of what’s in store – never any extra surprise follies for me at EPU…

Not really much else to report just taking it easy, slipping in a few meditations here and there, a little yoga and am off to acu this arvo to hopefully get those follies moving along nicely.

Take care my dears…. and to us all.... till next time
    Last edited by Domiffy; 31-10-2013 at 14:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hellooo Dom...........

Good luck with your scan tomorrow luv!! Am keeping my all the supplements/acupuncture etc will pay dividends in the follicle stakes for you girl!!! Good to see you're keeping it together.....so far, so good luv The meditation, yoga and acu can only be of benefit it that department too. Will have to organise a meditation cd for myself soon methinks.

It's early days yet for you, I know, but I can't help feeling excited for you!!! I'm so hoping and praying for a BFP for you girl!!! Here's some more to help those follies along!!!

Thanks for the heads up about the TSH levels fluctuating. I figured it must of been something like that happening. My Hashimoto preggo mate I've known in an acquaintance kind of way for years (although we've become a lot closer and friendlier this year) and remember when she was preggo with her first. She didn't know for years that she had a problem and it was only in the last year that she was diagnosed with Hashimoto's. She couldn't understand why it was taking her so long to get preggo again (and it took a while to conceive her first plus she had a miscarriage before she fell preggo with him) or why she had another one whilst trying to conceive this baby, but further investigations by her doctor figured it out. She told me earlier this year that she and her DP were thinking of going the IVF route if she still wasn't preggo in x amount of months time and that they'd been to an info night about IVF etc and of course, I gave her the names of a few FS (including WDA) and a few different IVF clinic's to investigate and I also gave her WDA's supplements list and told her to get herself and her DP on it asap and to keep taking it until she got the ball rolling on the IVF and lo and behold, I think it was 4 months later, she was preggo

Mrs P..........How's things going for you luv??? No doubt you're in the midst of final preparations for your move as well as organising the Brisbane part of your cycle. Everyday is one step closer!!! Am keeping my excitement levels for you on the down low for now or else if I let myself go to town completely I reckon I'd end up with some kind of adrenal overload thing happening, a "cortisol conniption" so to speak!!!

AFM:........Speaking of "conniptions", had a meltdown of the "Hulk" variety at the chemist this morning when I went to pick up my script for DHEA. When I put my script in on Monday morning, I enquired as to whether it would be ok to pick it up this morning at 9am. Was told that was no problem and I saw the assistant specifically write next to the collection date/time...Thurs, 9am. Went in this morning as planned and the order hadn't even been made up!!! This is the second time this has happened now. The first time I let it go, but not this time!!

Suffice to say, after venting my spleen, I ended up going back a couple of hrs later to pick up my order and will be following through with a complaint to the owner (who knows me by sight and knows WDA too). As I said to the assistant, I'm not that unreasonable as not to understand that things happen, but a phone call to explain the situation and tell me when my order would be ready would've been appreciated. Not only that, but as I work casually atm, I've had to leave work to make a second trip here and now that has cost me money as being a casual employee, the fact of the matter is I only get paid for the time that I work which is where I should be now and who is going to reimburse me the money that I've lost having to come back here again??? Mmmm.....was not a happy camper, I can tell you!!!

Anyhoo, am over it now Not much else to tell atm. Am just cruising along biding my time Ok girls, must go and do some more work for now. Take care my lovelies and know that you are in my thoughts Until next time..........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 31-10-2013 at 15:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your scan tomorrow Dom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - Hope your scan went well today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Dom and Mrs P.....................

Dom:..........What's happening with you luv??? Am sure you'd be about due for your next scan/bt's?? Am trying not to let my Virgoan "worry wart" ways get the better of me, but tbh, I'm starting to feel a wee bit worried that we haven't heard from you??? Hope everything's ok with you girl.

Mrs P............I read on the other thread today's your last day of taking the BCP. Roll on AF so you can start jabbing I say!!! Am keeping my she shows up in a timely manner

AFM:...............Just ticking along counting down the days Am due for my Endometrial Scratch in a couple of weeks. Will start to feel more like something's finally happening once that's out of the way. Ok ladies, hope you both had a lovely weekend. Take care. Until next time..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Blonde and Mrs P

So sorry ladies for not updating earlier but I have been feeling deflated over this whole flippin business . My scan on Friday revealed only 3x follies at 1.0 cm (and a few smaller) and in spite of me wishing, hoping, praying and doing deals with the universe to encourage few more to magically spring into action over the weekend this morning’s scan revealed there are still just 3x follies… now between 1.5 and 1.8 cm so at least the little guys are growing and lining is at 8.8 mm so that’s good but thankfully I don’t usually have any trouble with that piece of the puzzle. I burst into tears when I was chatting with the IVF nurse this morning – she gave me a hug and told me after her 4th EPU she only had 3x 3 day crappy embryos put back at transfer and neither she nor the FS held out much hope … she ended up with TRIPLETS from that cycle Holy Shmit! No doubt her eggs were a good deal younger than my old duck eggs… but it was the encouragement I needed and about the only thing anyone could have said at that point in time to make me feel marginally better. I know it only takes one good googie, and it’s quality over quantity blah blah blah but ohhh… a few more would be nice and of course my 3x follies are light years away from being 3x embabies at this stage... still such a long way to go and so many hurdles to overcome… who knows if I’ll even make it to transfer/freeze! It seems that this cycle my right ovary is taking it easy (only 1 follie) - in the past I usually get around 4 follies from rightie and 2 or less from leftie… Acupuncturist told me somewhere along the way that our ovaries take it in turns to ovulate and I think it was rightie’s turn last AF (based on the collapsing cyst thingy which was on the right) so I am hoping that rightie is having a month off and hasn’t decided to shut up shop all together… EPU will depend on blood test results today… my hunch is that it will be Friday. Hang in there me.

Now Blonde… if you are after a good IVF meditation I can really recommend this chick http://www.anjionline.com/… there is a four track download
    ‘Imagery and Meditations in Support of an IVF Cycle’ that I have been flogging to death in an effort to ‘calm my farm’ (as you say ) over the last week... I’m still not sick of the sound of her voice yet so that’s saying something . Sorry to hear about your ‘hulk’ like melt down last Friday… it’s really ****ty service from the chemist and my bet is that it won’t happen again to you . I’ve been really lucky so far – there is only one compounding chemist in Cairns and thankfully they are pretty diligent and everything has always been ready on time (if not before) … I don’t think they want to run the risk of dealing with the ‘emotions on a knife’s edge’ IVFers. Very wise. You are getting so close to getting the show on the road girl… I am counting down the days with you… that delightful endo scratch will be here before you know it and you will be on your way… with me and Mrs P whooping and hollering you on to a BFP from the sidelines

Mrs P
    … thinking of you and hope AF shows up in the next few days and that you will be merrily jabbing your way to a BFP over the next few weeks.

Anyhoo ladies am feeling much better than I did a few hours ago when I started this post, I think my big old cry this morning has helped release a bit of steam… plus I went to yoga in between starting in finishing this post so that has helped mellow me out too…. I’m just waiting, waiting, waiting for the phone call from the clinic with my BT results…. just got the call E2 is 1800, LH 5.3 and Prog 4.3 so at this stage it looks like EPU will most likely be on Friday. Well my loves that's all for now... next scan is Wednesday so I'll do some for me until then. and to us all....
    Last edited by Domiffy; 04-11-2013 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hello Domiffy Luv............

Oh girl, that sux that your ovaries are not playing the game this cycle I totes understand about wanting the "safety in numbers" when it comes to our eggs, although it sounds like you do have 3 good contenders there and any one of them could be the "golden egg". You have given these little beauties the best possible start with all the supplements, acupuncture, yoga etc that you can and you've got a good track record for fertilisation and quality embryo's (the last cycle notwithstanding. That may have just been a once off shi$$er of a cycle like mine was in Cycle 3) Not only that, but as you well know there are plenty of success stories on this site from women our age getting their
    BFP's with less plus your nurses own experience to round it off!!!

The game is not over by a long shot girl!!! This is just a typical detour courtesy of the IVF Train that we ride......Why can't we just get the "BFP Express" instead of "stopping all stations including Mindf*#ck" along the way??? And incidentally, why am I hearing that Toni Childs song "Many rivers to cross" in my head right at this very moment as I type???? (have a bit of a love/hate relationship with her...like her songs, but sometimes her voice grates with me....anyhoo....I digress).

I know it's a long way from EPU to ET, but you've just got to believe that you're going to get there luv...you have every other time plus you've got something new to add to the mix....the Embryo-Gen. I have every faith you're going to get there girl. I believe in your eggs Lady!!! And although I know you've planned to save your frosties for the moment, you always have those as back up too.

Sounds like you're on the right track there with your right ovary having a break this month (great timing ovary!!!). It makes sense after the cyst thingy episode. Am sure it's far from shutting up shop luv!!! You're lining is looking good too and is well on track for providing a lush environment for an embryo (or two or even three maybe???) to languish in and make itself at home for an extended stay. Your blood results are all good too luv, so one less thing to worry about.

Yes, am over my "Hulk" episode thankfully and I agree, I don't think I'll have to worry about my order not being ready on time again. I'd like to say I feel bad about dropping my bundle, but I don't. They definitely need to take a leaf out of your chemist's book by the sound of it...LOL "emotions on a knife's edge" Ivf'ers!!! So true luv!!!! Hahahahahaha!!! And I haven't even started stimm's yet either!!!

Thanks for the heads up r.e. meditation download. Will get on to that asap. Had to LOL reading "still not sick of the sound of her voice yet" Bahahahahaha!!! Could be time to put it on a continual loop between now and EPU eh???? So what's the plan from here on in?? More acupuncture to give those eggs an extra "jump start" before EPU??? And more yoga to help keep your sh*$ together??? Either way luv, am keeping my for you and shovelling the your way in between chanting and cheering you on from the sidelines as well!!! You can do it girl!!! I can tell you're not one to shy away from a challenge. Now get back up on your trusty (metaphorical) steed and slay that (metaphorical) dragon!!!!

Ok girl, am going to leave it there for the moment. Good luck with your scan/bloods Wed. Am sure those three follies will be "ripe for the retrieving" by then!! Mrs P and I are right behind you girl and you on all the way!!!

Until next time...............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-11-2013 at 15:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - There is so much build up, and when you don't see what you think is reasonable, it all comes crashing down. . I'm glad that your yoga class has helped you feel better. And I hope that your 3 follies become the best 3 eggies/then blasts/then BFP, that you could hope for.

I really like nurse J. I'm so glad she had the right words for you. I have always wondered, with what IVF circumstances, resulted in her having triplets. I would have liked to cycle with them again, if not only for her insight. It's one thing to observe all the crazy hormonal IVF patients and have some empathy. But it's another thing to have been there yourself like nurse J has. Please say hello to her, from the over 40, AACEPer, with the most gorgeous toddler (if I don't say so myself), that screwed up her meds, Doh!

BinB, - The last few weeks have gone amazingly fast for me. I hope you have something, (a little less stressful), come along to make your time go quickly too.

It's funny to hear about your massive meltdown, all-though not for you at the time, I am sure. I have a particularly short fuse ATM, especially when people can't be bothered to do their jobs. Do you think I have been able to register DS for child care rebates? Hmmmm! Don't get me started! I wonder if it's the BCP and prednisone.

And, Yep, last BCP for me today! Now all I want is for the timing to be perfect so we can be in Bris in time for last scan and EPU. Bah ha ha ha . Oh I crack myself up sometimes.

Anyway most accom is booked for on the way down. As well as 3 nights in Bris in a holiday house. Couldn't book the traditional hotel style accom due to having a tall vehicle + trailer in tow. Plus FIL will be with us on the last night because he is driving west with DH, while DS and I fly to Syd to visit my mum until DH gets to Perth. Easy as pie, or pi, which ever you prefer ...

As you can tell by that, I am not holding out hope to have anything to transfer, so there are no plans to go back to BNE. If we do, well then blow me over with a feather , - we will deal with it then.

Got to go girls.

Dom, - Lots of , , and . Heading your way, for wednesdays scan.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 04-11-2013 at 15:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello there lovely ladies

Thanks so much for your wonderful words of encouragement my dears - it really means a lot to me.

Blonde you cracked me up with your line This is just a typical detour courtesy of the IVF Train that we ride......Why can't we just get the "BFP Express" instead of "stopping all stations including Mindf*#ck" along the way??? That is gold and truly worthy of a fridge magnet!! ... As for my plans between now and EPU… I have no choice but to accept and embrace my paltry haul of 3 follies this cycle so am sending out some lovin vibes to those little troopers that have made the effort to show up to the party this time round. And dang it Blonde if you have faith in my eggs then who am I to argue . Yep meditation lady is on continual loop… I only hope I get to graduate from track 1 (from shots until pick up) to track 2 (from retrieval to transfer)… Am off to yoga this arvo to ‘help me keep my **** together’, as you so aptly put it… might even take a bath (luke warm of course) in the babydust you’ve been shovelling my way... BTW Tony Childs can shove her many rivers... give me a single tiny ****** or even just an old dried up river bed any day… IVF adversity sux and I don’t have time for life lessons! Grrrrr

Blonde my siggy might be a bit misleading… I only have 1 frostie left (from Dec cycle last year)… when they thawed my 3 frosties from my 2nd cycle for my FET last year only 1 made it the other two thawed but didn’t make the grade for refreezing and at that stage FS was only willing to put 1 back so they've long since carked it Would be very nice indeed to have three frosties squirreled away.

Mrs P Yes nurse J is lovely – her gentle encouragement and support is heartfelt and sincere… and I agree entirely, it is one thing to have empathy but another thing altogether to have stumbled and floundered (and eventually triumphed) along the tricky IVF path to motherhood. She was very patient with me when I flipped out last year in my Dec cycle when my LH spiked through the roof around day 7 (I had a lead follie that raced ahead of the pack)… the FS brought my LH back down over a couple of days with a double dose of orgalutran but I was seriously p***ed at the time that I wasn’t given the option to cancel my cycle before the cut off date (didn’t realise it had to be before day 10)… I was also considering not going through with a transfer given that the other developing follies at the time had been exposed to high levels of LH too soon in their development which is meant to compromise their quality. Nurse J talked me round to having the transfer and basically said to me that bloodwork is often far from textbook perfect but plenty of ladies still have positive outcomes in spite of this. So I try to keep her comments in mind and not get too obsessed with BT results as I got my BFP from that cycle and even tho it didn’t end well I was encouraged that one of my embryos was able to implant and make it as far along as it did.

This is surely a challenging time for you Mrs P and I hope with all my heart that everything falls magically and seamlessly into place timing wise and that there is a nice little haul of embryos for testing and some healthy little blighters to pop back in the oven when the time is right.

Well my dears thank you both once again so much for your endless support and encouragement - till next time its
    Last edited by Domiffy; 05-11-2013 at 15:28.