+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Dom and Mrs P........

Have just got back from the GP's and she has prescribed me some Amoxycillan to take care of my throat issue. Yes, this dreaded lurgy has infiltrated my left ear and a little bit of my sinus's too. Although she didn't want to have to give me antibiotics, the fact that I've had it for more than 3 days and it's not getting any better combined with the inflammation in my ear, she felt that was the best course of action to take. Have just got off the ph to WDA's rooms and he ok'd that when one of the admin girls ran it past him, so that's one less worry

I spoke with her about my TSH results and she wasn't concerned about them either although in saying that, she was happy to order the further testing that I wanted and is happy to prescribe me meds to lower the level if that's what I want. As she said to me "You are in the best hands with WDA and if he's not worried, you shouldn't be either and you should trust him. But I know you are right on the ball with this IVF stuff and know what levels should be what and if doing further tests or prescribing you medication to lower the level is what it's going to take to alleviate your stress and anxiety, then I'm happy to do it".......God Bless her, I say Just another reason I love and respect her so much Evidently, I've already had my thyroid antibodies tested (I overlooked them in my paperwork....not thinking straight atm) and they came back fine.

Am due to go back for the results this Wed (my GP only works 3 days/week at my doctor's surgery), so will shoot an e-mail off to Kate on Monday enquiring if it's ok to take med's if required (am feeling too much like crap to bother now). I know they are safe to use in pregnancy, so don't envision a problem. I'm undecided as to what to do???? What do you girls think???

OK, am off to have a wee rest before DP gets home from work. Apologies again for the "me" post, but I just had to unload all this angst I'm feeling atm.

Look forward to catching up on both your updates ladies. Until then......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-10-2013 at 14:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - I hope the antibiotics work for you, and you feel better soon.

I don't know anything about thyroid problems, but I would say that if you show any symptoms of a problem, then you should do what helps your anxiety levels reduce. Good ness knows this whole process is stressful enough as it is.

Dom, - I think that doing your EPU before your Lap and freezing all is a great idea. I wish I'd have thought of that before I did my Lap. Anyway, I hope your scan went really well today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Blonde sorry you’re having a crap time love . Being sick makes everything seem much worse so I’m glad you are getting that lurgy sorted and I hope your ear is better soon – lordy I had a badly infected ear a couple of years ago and it was nasty but fine once the antibiotics kicked in.

Your GP sounds absolutely wonderful and very understanding and it’s great she’s happy to order the extra tests and prescribe you the meds. For what it’s worth I would definitely be taking the thyroid meds not only to relieve your anxiety as Mrs P has said but so much of what I’ve read over the last few days says that your TSH level is important both when trying to conceive and with maintaining a pregnancy so given that it is such an easy fix with drugs and there doesn’t seem to be a downside I say GO FOR IT . Also, I read somewhere along the way that the ovaries are very sensitive to TSH levels so who knows once your TSH comes down a little maybe your FSH will too???

Our bodies are one big ecosystem and if one bit gets out of whack it can have consequences down the line, get the wonky bit sorted and then everything else hopefully falls into place . I know it’s easier said than done but don’t lose heart love – take comfort in the fact that you are being so proactive and giving yourself the very best shot at success next time round. You are a strong positive woman with a wonderful spirit... and I wanna hear your roar girl .

Hey there Mrs P thanks for your encouragement and I really hope your packing and moving is going to plan...

AFM
    My scan was all good yesterday, the "cyst like structure" had collapsed so YAY... I woke in a foul mood spoiling for fight this morning and have had a little spotting this afternoon so my accu trigger has done it’s thing and AF is on the way YAY again - so providing baseline bloods are all good I will be off and running next week . Not sure how I feel TBH .

I put mum on a plane home today as well – sad to see her go but I am relieved she won’t be her when I’m cycling. Spent the afternoon at my friend’s son’s 5th birthday this arvo, great to see all the little people having such a good time but not really where I felt like being - had a nice time none the less…

Anyhoo ladies, I'm gonna take my grumpy self off to bed and get this day over and done with... hoping I feel like my chirpy self in the morning my dears. Take care both of you... till next time... and .
    Last edited by Domiffy; 26-10-2013 at 22:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Helloooooo Dom and Mrs P...................

Thanks to both of you lovely ladies for your kind thoughts/wishes. I'm definately on the mend now. It's amazing what a couple of days on antibiotics will do. Am sure I'll be "firing on all fours" again within the next day or two.

Dom......... Yippee!!! for "cyst like structure" collapsing!! One less thing for you to have to worry about. Had to LOL when I read about you waking up in a foul mood and spoiling for a fight!!! Made me wonder if your DP flee's the scene quick smart knowing you're in an "AF induced hormonal rage" like mine does when I'm the same way??? Am hoping you've woken up to her this morning so that you are one step closer to getting this show on the road?? Special mention to your acupuncturist for a job well done!!!

I totally understand about not wanting your mum around for when you cycle luv. I'm exactly the same, and in fact, don't really want anyone around or to be around anyone except a select few....and that even includes DP at times!! I can't tell you how many times I've fantasised about packing up for the whole of the stimming period and going to some rainforest/hinterland retreat on my own (DP would have to fend for himself, but as long as I left food for him that could be either be cooked/reheated in the oven, microwave, toaster or jaffle maker, he'd survive ), hiring a driver and car to take me to all my "crack of a sparrow's" appointments with WDA and me just stimming on my own, going for lovely walks and long spa baths in my cabin plus accessing the onsite (or a short distance away) masseuse whenever I like, etc, etc and only going home the day before EPU.......aaaahhh yessss, if only I was made of money!!!

Anyhoo, as I was saying, I understand about your mum, but don't feel too sad luv, she's had a lovely extended visit with you and your DP and no doubt she's more than happy to be going home to your dad and her home Good on you for making the effort to go to your friend's little one's b'day party. Can't of been easy when your body's being hijacked by AF's hormone cocktail combined with the spotting. I also understand about you being unsure of how you feel atm. I swing between wild optimism to terrifying fear/insecurity I just try to get my mind back on the right track when this happens and focusing on the big picture, the ultimate prize!!! My theme song is also handy at these times!!

Mrs P.........How you going luv?? Am sure you were due to start the Lucrin and prednisone today weren't you?? Oooh, it's another step closer my dear!!! Very exciting!! It looks like you and Dom will be pretty much cycling together!! Although I don't have any symptoms of issues with my thyroid, my TSH is in the high-normal range (it's at 4.0 and the normal level according to the lab where my sample was tested is 0.3-4.00. As Dom pointed out and from what I've also researched, there's anecdotal evidence that points to optimum TSH levels to be between 1-2 for conception and pregnancy), I do agree with you about taking action, even if it is in a preventative way. And yes, doing so will definitely lower my stress and anxiety.

AFM: Have been thinking all weekend about what I'm going to do plus I've spoken to DP about the whole thing (after he agreed with me about taking the meds if I wanted to, he said "what if this has been the problem the whole time??" Thank-you Mr Thoughtless and Insensitive!!!...he's lucky I know his intentions were good when he said it!!) and done more research about the medication etc and I've decided that I'm going to start taking the meds. Apparently, doing a low dose (25-50mcg's) of these meds over a short period of time (anywhere from a few weeks to a few months) is well within guidelines and is an accepted practice, so that's what I'll be proposing to my GP (and WDA) next week.

The only thing I need to have verified is that the meds won't interact with any of the supplements/drugs that WDA has prescribed. My understanding from my research is that it won't, but I think there may be an issue of lowering the efficacy of the meds if taking testosterone/oestrogen type drugs??? So will ask Kate when I e-mail her to check all that out with WDA. I'm also unsure as to what I'll do if he is totally opposed to me doing this??? Will cross that bridge if and when I guess.....

Thanks for the compliments Dom....being sick totally exacerbated the whole stress/anxiety around this TSH issue plus put me on one big negative hit!!! Yes, my "Roar" had toned right down the other day to a "feeble miaow", but I'm beginning to find my voice again now that I'm on the road to recovery!!! Yep, you can't keep a big mouth (like me) down....well, not for long anyway!!!

Ok my lovelies, I hope you're both enjoying your Sunday and Dom, you've woken up your usual chipper self girl!!! Until next time........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-10-2013 at 13:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dom, - Glad to hear that your cyst has broken down, and that AF is on her way/or here! Did you do the Accu to help break down the cyst, or just to bring on AF?

I ask because I remember some one else doing Accu to bring on AF, but when she got to day 2 scan, she still had a cyst, so cycle was cancelled. I had that in my mind when I decided to just let AF show up when my body was ready. I certainly don't feel the ovary pain anymore so I'm pretty sure that if I had a cyst, it has resoved itself now.

I hope your mum is settling down back at home. I know when my mum goes home from a visit from me or sis, she is a little sad for a few days. But then, I'm sure your mum will be happy to be home to see your dad. My dad isn't here anymore.

It must be birthday weekend, I went to a 3yo's party yesterday. My goodness the energy levels go up from 2 to 3!

I'm with you too, on the not stimming with mum around. I don't tell my mum when I'm doing IVF.

BinB, - Your escape for stimming Idea sounds wonderful. Throw in a brilliant chef that could cook the worlds most tasty healthy meals, and I'm right there with you, as I'm sure Dom would be too.

Maybe your DP thought, wouldn't it be good if it was your TSH levels that was the reason, because with the meds it would be an easy fix. Men always want an easy fix to a complex problem. Hmmm, putting it that way, don't we all!

Thanks for asking after me girls! I'm doing well. Have spent the weekend with social appointments morning and afternoon on both days, and we've been having a great time. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing. It's making me miss this place, and I haven't left yet. I've been quite emotional over the whole move, as I'm really happy here.

BinB, I did start the Lucrin and Prednisone today thanks. I hope I did the Lucrin correctly this evening. It was back in May that Kate showed me how to do the micro doses. I just followed the instructions in the pack, other than the actual dose of course. I will call Kate tomorrow just to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure I did it properly.

Well I'm shagged so I'm going to lay on the lounge for 1/2hour before hitting the sack. I hope you feel much happier today Dom. And BinB, I'm glad you are on the mend.

Talk tomorrow.

MrsP...
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 27-10-2013 at 21:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick question from me this morning girls.

Did the Prednisone make you nauseous, and screw with your sleep even more? Actually I just read back, and BinB answers my question back then. No side effects from it after a couple of days.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 28-10-2013 at 10:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P..........

Yes, nausea and having trouble sleeping are some of the side effects of Prednisone as is acne, headaches, increased hunger, fluid retention (moon face). The Lucrin may cause headaches, mood swings and hot flushes. Hopefully your side effects will settle down after a few days I'm not looking forward to starting the Prednisone myself, as I mentioned in a previous post, not only does cause me to feel like a "scattered mess" when I'm on it, it also gives me insomnia and fluid retention too.

Good idea about the chef!!! Have added that and a beautician into my fantasy!!! Yes, you're right, men usually do look for the easy fix!! I know my DP had good intentions when he said that, so wasn't upset at all and yes, if only it was that simple!!

Glad you had a lovely weekend and I'm sure you and your DS enjoyed the b'day party I totally understand you're feeling emotional about moving. Is there any chance you could ever move back in the future?? I'm sure you took the dose of Lucrin fine luv. How much are you on?? I'll be taking 1 unit/day which is what I was on last cycle. At least I don't have to buy another vial this time, still got enough leftover from last time.

Dom.............What's the go luv??? AF made an appearance yet???

AFM: Am well and truly over my lurgy now, thank God!! Have sent an e-mail off to Kate regarding the TSH thing and taking a short course of meds. Will post back when I get an answer.

Ok lovely ladies, hope you both have a beautiful day. Until next time.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BinB, - moon face, hey! Looking forward too it .

Ooh yes beautician. I could do with a good facial about now. Great Idea!

We could move back I guess, if we could manage another transfer, but it is oh so expensive, and DS will be better off over there where he has grand parents, uncle n aunt, and cousins. It's just me that will have the big adjustment to the dry climate, and no friends etc. But I'll manage it, it's just a bit harder as you get a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hey Dom and Mrs P......................

Just a quick post to let you know that WDA has ok'd me using Thyroxine I must admit, it's a relief to have his support (although no doubt, he probably thinks I'm a lost cause anyhoo, so whatever makes me happy and shuts me up, go for it...) He's of the opinion that as long as your TSH is within the normal range, then that's fine although he has no objection to me using the Thyroxine now whilst I'm waiting to cycle in earnest and also whilst I'm cycling (which is what I'm inclined to do)

I was researching a bit more yesterday trying to find appropriate dosages/timeframe's etc and I ended up on a thread on one of the UK Fertility website's where some of the girls there were talking about how some FS won't allow a woman to cycle unless her TSH is <2 although admittedly, others feel the same way as WDA that as long as it's within the normal limits, then all is good. Food for thought hey girls??? I relayed all this to Kate in the e-mail I sent her not too long ago and also said that for me personally at this stage, I feel there's nothing to lose and can see no downside to taking the meds, so why not???

My GP txt me yesterday (she's never done that before in all the years of being her patient???) to let me know my other blood tests have come back fine (Free T3's and Free T4's etc), so I have no thyroid issues per se, so that's good to know. Will get a copy of those results when I go see her tomorrow for my Thyroxine script.

The recommended dosage for short term use is between 25mcg-50mcg's/day for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. I'm leaning towards taking 50mcg's a day and having my TSH levels rechecked in 3 weeks time and going from there.

Ok lovely ladies, I hope you're both having a beautiful day and all is well with you It's so humid down here atm, and they're predicting showers followed by storms (possibly severe) later

Will update you after I've been to see my GP tomorrow afternoon. Until then...........

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-10-2013 at 11:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies
    Blonde Glad you’re feeling better…. and WOO HOO on the T4 and T3 results that must be a load off… good to know that WDA has given you the greenlight on the thyroxin – I agree you've got nothing to lose by giving the meds a go. Oh… And yes purlease on the stimming retreat sounds fabulous… Can I bring my yoga instructor and acupuncturist too?

Mrs P Sorry to hear about your moving day blues but great that you have family in WA, much easier start again in a new place where you already know some folks… aside from the big move how are you feeling? When do you start FSH? Re the prednisone, I didn’t really seem to have too many side effects that I noticed - it may have contributed to my awful insomnia last cycle but the insomnia could also have been due to my anxiety levels which were sky high last time round. Am doing my best to keep a lid on things this time and I will be taking my prednisone late in the arvo as far away from bedtime as poss just in case in is a contributor. Re the acupuncture, my cyst thing had already collapsed prior to my acu treatment, I’ve never had any lingering cysts in the past and I think the locum FS was just being super cautious. My period would have most likely arrived without the trigger treatment but I just wanted to do everything in my power not to miss this window to cycle.

AFM Well ladies it’s business time for this little duck. AF arrived on Sunday afternoon so technically yesterday was day 1. My bloodwork is all good and I start shooting up tomorrow morning . It's a bit quiet without mum around but much better for my head for her not to be here... just means I can let it all hang out and not have to do the whole "brave face thing"...

Anyways my dears may we all be bathed in and in the very near future. Ta ta for now....
    Last edited by Domiffy; 29-10-2013 at 16:17.