+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Well, Helllooooooo Domiffy!!!!............

R.e:"not that I'm advocating self-medicating"........don't you worry love, the thought had already crossed my mind to do just that!!! Yes, it is strange how the flow of our AF's have changed?? Who knows why at the end of the day???

I can see by your "to do" reno list that you and your DP will be kept busy for the foreseeable future!!! Am sure it'll look fantastic once it's all completed and let's face it, distractions are more than welcome when you're on the IVF train and how fantastic is it to have a DP who can do almost anything??? That'd save you both a few $$$ (which can be funnelled eventually into his "fishing boat fund")

Your mum's obviously having a ball up there with the both of you, so much so, she's not in any hurry to go home (or is your dad still doing his reno's??) Does she know you're about to head into your next cycle?? I'm hoping and praying too luv, that we all get our BFP's this time...What a fab Christmas gift that'd be for all of us!!!!

AFM:...............I'm starting to get that excited/anxious feeling happening leading up to this next cycle. Am trying to stop all the internal negative self-talk that's going on in my mind atm because I don't want to manifest that into reality. It's really hard at times to shut myself up!!! So, am instead trying to focus on positive thoughts, affirmations etc and to practice more gratitude for things which at times can be a bit of a challenge too. But I can always find something to be grateful for even if it's just waking up alive to face another day!!!! Just don't want my fears and doubts to get the better of me.

Had a lovely weekend thanks for asking girl. My nephew's end of year soccer presentation was on Fri night (his division won the grand final). My nephew received the "best and fairest" award this season. Was so proud and pleased for him when they called his name out.

On Sat, DP and I did woodwork with the lengths that will eventually become the frames for our raised vegie garden in the backyard. After sanding and sealing the wood last weekend, we re-sealed it on Sat, cut it into the required lengths and DP screwed it all into place. Watched a movie my sister downloaded for us on Sat night (The Conjuring) Scared the BeJesus out of me!!! Thought I'd have nightmares for sure....Why do I do this to myself??? LOL.

Sunday DP put the frame onto the spot where he wants it to go and dug out a bit of the grass within the frame to make it level etc. I think this weekend we'll get the soil into it then we'll have to wait a few months for DP to get the soil conditions to his exacting specifications before we can plant it out

Will definitely post my blood test results for you and Mrs P on Friday. Will be interesting to see where I'm at. My Vit D has also been low in the past, so am interested to see how it is now. LOL...chewable Vit D tabs!!! I'll stick with the "one a day down the throat" methinks love!!!

Oh yes, I've been in a feisty pre-menstrual headspace allright for the last couple of days!!! LOL DP gave me a wide berth yesterday........ Today I'm just feeling that "run over by a bus" tired feeling I get right before AF shows up (in conjunction with the on/off barely discernible cramping I get a day or so before she arrives) Am due Wed, but she could show up tomorrow. Just waiting it out and getting the painkillers ready.....

Right girl, good luck with the blood tests and scan on Wed. Be looking forward to reading your update then love. Hope you enjoy your swim!! Until next time my lovely............

P.S. I agree, it is a shame about Campbell Newman!!! LOFL!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 14-10-2013 at 15:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Helloooo Mrs P and Domiffy....................

Mrs P................Any sign of AF yet??? I haven't checked the other threads that you're on, so don't know if you've posted an update yet. If you have, apologies for asking the question again. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up cycling pretty close together!!!

Domiffy girl.........How did your scan and blood tests go luv?? Did you have your AMH re-tested too by any chance?? You must be close to starting your next cycle too???. Am so excited for you girl!!!!

AFM: Have not long got back from the GP's and let me tell you girls, some of the results were surprising!!! The last time I had these tests performed was back in Feb 2012 although a couple of the tests, like the DHEA's I had added (for obvious reasons). I'll put the clinically normal values in brackets beside my results.

The following tests were performed on CD 3:

Prolactin- 10ug/L (<20), LH- 18 U/L (4-30), FSH- 30 U/L (3-20), Oestradiol 80 pmol/L (70-530), Testosterone- 1.1nmol/L (0.3-208).....All good there except for my FSH which is pretty high...30 is what's expected at the midcycle peak (according to the results sheet, the midcycle peak of FSH should be between 5-30 U/L) Mmmmmm....wonder what's going on there???

Moving along.....My CD 21 Progesterone came in at 40nmol/L (20-110 in Luteal Phase) so I evidently ovulated with no probs last month. My DHEA test was unsurprisingly through the roof at 4100ng/ml (200-3300) or in SI units 11.1umol/L (0.5-9.0) so will have a chat to WDA about that next week when I see him. I'm not too worried at this stage as my Testosterone is within the normal limits.

All my other tests were fine. My Vit D is 60nmol/L (50-300), last year it was 35nmol/L, so am happy with that. My Thyroid Function tests were all good too, although my Thyroid Stimulating Hormone was at the limit of the range provided coming in at 4.0mU/L (0.40-4.00), so it's obviously working at maximum capacity. Will speak to WDA about that too, but am sure it's nothing to be worried about. And now the one you've been waiting for........

My AMH......Last time it was tested it was 7.5 and now it's (wait for it, wait for it.....) 14.0!!!!! WTF!!!!! Well, I nearly fell off my chair girls when my doctor told me that!!! She was surprised when she got the results too!!! OMFG!!!! The DHEA is obviously working, as it's the only thing that could of caused this massive increase. I'm just hoping this will mean a better egg haul at EPU this time!!! What's your take on this girls?? Oh, the values for AMH in the normal levels are 14.0-30pmol/L

I've sat down and compared this lot of results with last years and there's been a difference with my LH,FSH,Oestadiol and Testosterone. Last year my LH was at 8U/L this year it's at 18U/L, my FSH last year was 17U/L, this year it's 30U/L and my Oestradiol last year was 210pmol/L, this year it's 80pmol/L and Testosterone last year was <0.1 nmol/L and this year it's 1.1nmol/L. Although (as I said earlier) all my results are within the normal ranges (except the FSH...wonder if that's DHEA related???), I am concerned about the drop in my Oestradiol.....no doubt it's age related. What do you girls think???

AF arrived yesterday (only a day off what I predicted) and I'm due to start the BCP on CD4 on Sunday. Spoke with Kate yesterday and she said we'll sort out stimming dates when I see WDA next week so will have a definite timeframe for this cycle then girls. Oh, btw, WDA has amended his supplements list. He's increased the Co Enzyme Q10 from 150-200mg/day to 200-400mg/day just FYI (I'm pretty sure you've been doing high dose Q10 as a matter of course haven't you Dom???) Everything else on the list is the same.

Ok my lovelies, that's all for now. Am hoping you both have a beautiful weekend and I look forward to reading your updates to see where you're both at. Here we go again girls!!!! Am getting my excited/hopefulness groove on!!! Until next time........

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 18-10-2013 at 13:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hello there ladies

Blonde
    Wow, your cycle is so close now… I totally hear you on the staying calm and away from negative self talk – I am trying to do the same… so far I am managing to keep a lid on it but no doubt the anxiety will really kick in once I start cycling.
    That is awesome news about your AMH – you must be thrilled. Definitely a few more child bearing years ahead for you my girl. Good news about the rest of your results – FSH is a bit high as you mentioned but that can really vary from month to month anyhoo. Yep I am having my AMH tested this time around – last time it was 22.1 but that was 2.5 years ago so am bracing myself for a big drop. Oh well – ce la vie!

Good on you and DP for getting into the vegie gardening, my DP spends about an hour or two playing in his vegie patch each evening to unwind but he finds vegie gardening in the tropics a challenge as there are lots of things that don’t like the humidity and lots of creepy crawlies that do… we had an attack of the nematodes last year where these things suck out all the nutrients from the roots and everything died/wilted almost overnight. Poor love was so sad – I would have given up but he has persisted and the garden is back better than ever…

Yes have been chugging back the Co Q 10 at a dose of between 450-600 mg per day as everything I read basically said the higher dose could do no harm and could potentially do lots of good… so it's doing what it's supposed to...

Mrs P We are all on tenterhooks waiting for your AF to show? Any news on that front? Hoping that the relocation to Perth is smooth and drama free…

AFM
    My scan on Wednesday was all clear which is a relief and the blood tests results have started to trickle in. The clinic called me today to make an appointment for me to discuss results on Monday… they have specifically told me that there is nothing to worry about so of course I am as they don’t normally call me in to discuss results if there is nothing to discuss. Will try not to stress too much this weekend.

Mum’s still here and started talking about booking flights home yesterday morning but that was before the Blue Mountains bushfires flared up -which is where mum and dad live, their house is not in harms way thankfully but Dad has suggested she stay on a bit longer till the threat has passed…

Anyway my dears, that’s about it for me for now…. Till next time… and to us all…
    Last edited by Domiffy; 18-10-2013 at 15:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hey there Dommy............

Firstly, I'm relieved to know your mum and dad's house is safe from those dreadful fire's that are going on down south atm. Is so distressing to see the vision on tv and even more so when I start thinking about all the people and animals and land that's been affected. Makes me break down in tears sometimes

Good to hear all's well with your scan and blood tests. Wow!! That's a huge AMH level luv!! Wouldn't be surprised if the DHEA has had a similar effect on yours like it has on mine or at the very least, kept it at the same level??? Even if it has decreased, I wouldn't imagine it would be anything too major?? Not with that level to begin with anyhoo.

Try not to get too stressed out about Monday (says I that drops my bundle at every opportunity) Am sure the appointment on Monday is probably just to finalise the in's and out's of this upcoming cycle. You're going straight to stimm's aren't you when AF arrives?? My memory is shocking sometime's, so apologies luv!!!

Good to see you've got the Co Q10 covered. I've upped my dose accordingly. it (and the plethora of other supplements we're taking) are doing the job for us girl In one sense I was thrilled with the results of the AMH, but by the same token, it's not a given that that'll automatically result in more eggs so am trying not to get too excited about it or too far ahead of myself if you know what I mean (and I highly suspect that you do...lol).

I hear you regarding the anxiety, mine's there too and like you, I'm managing to keep it in check for the time being though I know it'll crank right up once I'm cycling too. Not to worry, I've got some valium on standby if thing's get really hairy!!! Just kidding!!! (not really.....I seriously do have some)

I've decided to have a "theme song" (God know's why, but I do) for this upcoming cycle, the purpose of which is to keep me focused, positive, etc etc and the song that's resonating with me atm is Katy Perry's "Roar", so "Roar" it is (although for some reason, the song also makes me a bit teary by the end of it??? Getting soft in my old age!!!)

Yep, my DP also wanders around the garden for around 2 hrs every arvo/evening after work (even longer on the weekends sometimes). He's a mad, keen gardener and always has been since he was about 13yrs old and I must say, he's really good at it too. It's also his place of refuge when he needs to escape me and my ranting and raving when I'm PMS'ing or he's pi$$ing me off or even worse (in his opinion) when I'm cycling Yeah, well, he better brace himself because I'm about to start again!!!!

Aaah, yes, nematodes!! Good to see your DP got on top of that. He would of been devo when that happened last year. I know DP gets that way when something dies (especially when he's tried so hard to save it), or he has to do a "mercy killing" when something else is on its way out etc. As I've said, he's the gardner, I'm just the apprentice/off-sider

OK luv, must go for now. Hope you, your DP and your Mum have yourselves a lovely weekend. Be on the lookout for your post after Monday's appointment. Take care luv....... and to us all!!!!

P.S. Quick shout out to Mrs P...........what's doing luv??? Dommy and I are starting to get antsy wondering if AF's arrived yet??? LOL No doubt you're flat out packing etc preparing for your move :-)
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-10-2013 at 05:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

It's nice for your DH's to have a get away, 2 hours a day sounds like you will have lovely gardens. I've been getting into the garden a little too. I've only got tomatoes and some herbs ATM. But the rest of the garden is huge and I spend most of my time weeding. I usually get in there in the early morning, if I wake before DS. Which I have been doing allot lately because of the DHEA. I have even cut my evening dose to 1/4 troche because I just find it too strong.

Dom, - Are you using troches for DHEA with Dr L? And don't worry about your results. Easier said than done though. But I'm sure they will be really good.

Dom, - I hope you are enjoying your mums extended stay. I didn't even realise the fires were so bad down there. I don't get to watch much news. I'm glad everyone in both your families are O.K.

BinB, - Some of your bloods sound promising. Strange about your FSH and AMH though, those results sound rather contradictory. I would definitely be interested to hear what WDA says next week.

Oh and girls, my AF has arrived! Sorry to leave it so far down the post. I woke wednesday morning and sobbed for two hours before the boys woke. Everything from giving up completely, to trying DE in the USA was going through my head, but I was almost resigned to the fact that we weren't going to be able to do a cycle. That afternoon AF arrived, (no wonder I was sooooo doom and gloomly emotional), so anyway yesterday was my official day 1.

Blonde, - It looks like we are cycling together ... I will be starting BCP on sunday as-well.

I asked Kate. And then put it in a short email, if she could ask WDA if I could do the gonalF and menopur in the same day. I got an email late this-arvo saying that WDA has O.K ed it, and that I could do a 450iu total of stim drugs a day, if I wanted. I have written back that I want to if WDA thinks it will be good for me. I don't expect to hear back before wednesday as Kate will be away until then.

Well dears, I've got to go. I have been so exhausted the las 3 days. This AF is really taking it out of me. To be expected after 51 days I guess.

Thanks for all your thoughts,

MrsP...
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 18-10-2013 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P..................

for AF finally arriving!! No wonder you feel like sh&t after waiting 51 days....Totally understandable luv That's great that WDA has ok'd the 450iu of FSH for your cycle. Am guessing he's not going to have an issue rubber stamping my request for the same next week!! Yes, am very interested to hear his take on my results too.

So, you like gardening too eh?? There's nothing like freshly picked tomatoes and herbs is there?? Yum!! My DP also grows a variety of fruit tree's (all in pots and mainly dwarf varieties), macadamia nuts, cactus's, tree ferns, bromeliads, cycad's, rose's (they're for me), various flower varieties like bacopa (because we have a native beehive in the yard to pollinate everything and so have to feed our garden fairies too), herbs and Lord knows what else is out there at any given moment!!! The vegie patch will be a welcome addition (though we're starting to run out of space)

Yep, looks like we'll be cycling together mostly. I think I'll probably be down regulating on the pill for an extra week before I start the Lucrin but will get a definite on that at my appointment next week. I can't believe it's finally here for us girls and we're all cycling together pretty much!!! Am keeping everything crossed we all get our BFP's this cycle!!!!! C'mon Fertility God's!!!

Ok Mrs P, must go. Rest up luv where you can, as much as you can (maybe have a snooze with DS at nap time??? I'm still assuming he has a nap??) I totally understand about the DHEA too. I'm not looking forward to starting the Prednisone again either. It always makes me a bit of a scattered mess!!! The things we do!!!

Have a great weekend Mrs P and I hope you're feeling better by the end of it. Keep us updated on your progress when you can. Until next time........... and
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-10-2013 at 17:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question girls. What time of day did you do (or are you going to do) your BCP, clexane and Lucrin so that they fit in with all the rest of the stim drugs? Prednisone says take in the morning, so that one is covered.

Thanks,

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P....................

I did (and will continue to do) my BCP first thing this morning with my cup of milo (I'm up at 4.45am every morning). My Lucrin I'll do about an hr or so before I do my FSH (so probably around 6-6.30am). I"ll do my Clexane shots after lunch in the early arvo sometime (anywhere between 1.30pm and 3pm).

Hope this helps and that you,your DH and DS had a lovely weekend Will post later in the week after my appointment with WDA.............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-10-2013 at 14:44.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BinB, - I took the BCP and the clexane this morning before breakfast. I'll probably do FSH in the evening I've decided. Last cycle I did it in the morning. The day they canceled my cycle I kicked myself a little. That was 1 shot of FSH I didn't need to do if I had been doing it in the evening. ...

Oh, and I've upped my CoQ10 too, - Thanks. I'm about to swap the Berocca for an executive B, hopefully with some C. I just about dry reach with the Berocca now, and it makes me miss my tablets some days because of it.

Dom, - Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. Is Dr L back?

And good luck for your appointment too BinB. What day is it? What mix of stim exactly, are you going to ask for?

I hope you both had a great weekend with your families.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P..........

I don't think it matters when you do your FSH injection, just as long as you do it!!! Yes, I sometimes have probs with the Berocca too so have swapped it for a Mega B complex tablet instead (with Vit C as well). My appointment is for Wed. I'm going to ask for 300IU of Gonal-F/Puregon (for some reason, I'm leaning toward asking for Puregon this time. Don't know why, just feel like I should) and between 100-150IU of Menopur. If he ok's with it, I think I'll be doing 300IU in the morning and 100-150IU at night.

Had a lovely weekend thanks Mrs P. Saturday was spent doing "domestic drudgery" and yard work. We got all the sides of our vegie box up and DP mowed and whipper snippered On Sunday morning bright and early (well, early for DP, just the same old same old for me...lol), we took a drive to one of the local markets that's about 30-40mins away from our place and walked around for a few hours. Of course, we didn't leave empty handed!! DP bought 3 plants just before we left (he really can't help himself!!! )When we got back, I cooked up a lovely bacon,eggs and tomato brunch for us...delish!!! Had a quiet arvo finishing off "domestic drudgery" and preparing for the working week.....

Dom.......Hope your appointment went A-OK for you luv!!!! Fill us in when you get a chance

OK, am off for now.....Have a good day Mrs P. Until next time.......

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-10-2013 at 11:31.