+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs Pontipine,
    Thanks for jumping on board the thread... I'm on CD 10 today and tomorrow I begin adding Lucrin injections (1 unit/day) and 2x5mg Prednisone tabs to my daily regime.....I am sleeping better thanks for asking luv although I am waking through the night sometimes for an hour or 2 then going back to sleep. It's not happening every night like it was at the beginning, so am assuming my body is starting to get used to the drugs (have been taking them for 15 days now). Have noticed my hair has started to feel a little bit greasy, but other than that, all good. Am booked in on the 20th to have a Hysteroscopy, Lipoidol Flush and Endometrial Scratch done. Although I have no issues with my "oven" that I'm aware of (such as endo, fibroids, polyps etc), I think WDA wants me to do it to aid embryo implantation. Thanks to the myriad of handouts I was given, I understand how all these procedures are performed, but have no idea what to expect in terms of how long the procedures take, pain, cramping, bleeding etc....Do you have any idea's about them??? Maybe Abubby does??? Or any other ladies reading this thread?? Feel free to jump in with any hints, tips or advice... Am thinking of starting another thread to find out if I get no replies here
    Am happy to share my journey with you and any other ladies out there who are doing this protocol. As I mentioned to Abubby in my previous post, I was starting to feel like I was the only one out there doing this protocol at this time.....Feel free to ask any questions you want ok?? An "old duck" like me doesn't shock easily!!!! Am hoping you had a wonderful Mother's Day (and Abubby too!!!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blondeinbrissy, - Thanks for your reply , and don't worry, I'm a bit of an old duck myself.

How did your Lucrin injection go today? It sounded a tad tricky when Kate explained it.

Sorry, I don't know what's involved in those procedures, as we haven't discussed them. Yet! I hope someone can shed a bit of light on them for you.

I get really tired in the early arvo ATM, I hope that passes. My night sleep has been good, so I'm happy about that. I am a bit worried about hair loss, I don't have the thickest hair so I'm hoping that I don't get that symptom.

I'm still very early days with this protocol as I'm not actually going to start it for a few months. But I'm sure that a few months will pass quickly.

MrsP...
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 14-05-2013 at 21:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi MrsP.....All good with my Lucrin injections so far....the instructions that come with the box of syringes/vial explain the "how to" really well...I've been prescribed 1 unit/day which isn't much and I'm pleased to report that the injections have been totally pain free thus far!! You have to store the vial of Lucrin in the fridge, so I just leave it out for a few minutes before I draw up the syringe and inject (which seems to minimise the "sting" factor for me)

I started a new thread regarding the procedures that I'm hoping will be replied to by any ladies out there who've had them done.....I haven't experienced any hair loss to date, just a slightly greasy scalp and of course, more of the dreaded insomnia.....Been awake since 1.30am this morning though I did sleep through more or less on Monday night...sigh.....the things we do hey????.....yep, am sure the time will fly and before you know it, you'll be back on the rollercoaster girl!!! Hopefully, the arvo fatigue will resolve itself asap for you....

As for the Prednisone......it tastes vile going down just to let you know...but no side effects from them either so far.....and the fun hasn't even started yet in relation to drug taking/injecting.....Next month will be the real test!!!!

BlondeinBrissy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bumping.............................

Hi All,
    Am going to do my best to regularly update my journey doing this protocol. Maybe it will help other ladies in the future Yesterday (on CD17) I had a Hysteroscopy, Lipiodol Flush and Endometrial Scratch Biopsy performed (a complete rundown of the whole shebang is on the other thread by that name for anyone who's interested) Suffice to say, I'm glad it's over and I hope never to have to repeat it again!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I take my last OCP (though keep on with the Lucrin injections,Prednisone and the myriad of supplements I'm taking) and wait for AF to arrive.......then the fun really begins!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BinB, - Thanks for the continual updates. Glad you are feeling better today . Did Kate tell you that AF should come a few days after you finish the pill, or when your normal cycle AF is due?

Cheers, MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P....

When I asked her if AF would be late because of the procedures etc, she said that it shouldn't be delayed only that it may be lighter in flow than usual. AF is usually on CD27/28 for me so will post an update when it rears its ugly head!!!

Hope all's well with you......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blonde, - she explained it to me as a withdrawal bleed, i.e. a few days after stopping the pill. Unless I misunderstood her. (My old FS only used to do pick ups on certain days of the week so they would control when your cycle started by doing at least 21 days on the pill prior to an antagonist cycle. For me the withdrawal from that was 2 days as they said.) Timing will be important to me, as I have to fly to Bris for treatment.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 22-05-2013 at 21:30. Reason: clarification

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P.......

FFS!!!! That's thrown me right off!!! Standby.....am going to call her now........ Ok, spoke to Admin girl Claire (Kate was unavailable, but have e-mailed her anyway) and yes,Mrs P.....you are absolutely correct!!!! I'm to expect AF to arrive in the next few days (I took my last OCP yesterday, but I only had to take it for 16 days Do you think that will make a difference???) Sorry to scare the Bejesus out of you love!!!!! I've never had to use the OCP before in my past cycles....they were always long-down regulated one's using Synarel....Nevertheless, I should of been more on top of it and asked!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Ok, have to realign my brain now in terms of days/dates etc......Didn't realise you had to fly in for treatments etc....can understand why everything has to be organised with almost military precision for you!! Promise not to drop the ball again!!!

So, now we wait for AF and pray to God it does not arrive on the freaking weekend when they're not open!!! (will be my luck it does) BTW....I see from your signature your AMH has gone from1.1 to 3.4???? Why is that do you know??? I've heard of this happening to other ladies, but don't know why?? Just curious is all.....I didn't think it was possible???

Ok Mrs P....I'll get right on to "Undie's Watch" and post when AF makes an appearance....again, thanks for the clarification....I so appreciate it
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 23-05-2013 at 14:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Update......Hi Mrs P....Just received e-mail from Kate who advised me to call the rooms tomorrow morning and make an appointment for a scan on Monday morning "if I think my period will arrive over the weekend"...WTF????? Really, how in the flipping heck should I know??? Have decided to play it safe and book for Monday anyhoo...if AF hasn't arrived by then, will just have to cancel and wait it out....Am sure the admin girls will understand once I explain the situation and what Kate's advice to do was.......Ok....just keeping you in the loop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Everyone.....

Woke up with AF this morning (only took 2 days after stopping OCP incidentally, Mrs P...) so rang WDA's rooms and have appointment tomorrow morning for a CD2 scan and to pick up meds (Menopur @ Saizen at this stage) and start jabbing Luckily for me, WDA's is working this weekend as he's having some half-days off next week or something like that Anyhoo..... I'll also commence taking Progynova (2 tabs twice daily) and start wearing a Nitrodur Patch each night on the top of my foot for 12 hrs as well as continuing with the Lucrin, Prednisone and supplements. I'll begin 600IU of Menopur (300 IU twice a day) and 3mg's of Saizen every second day until trigger injection......God help me!!!! I have no idea what to expect in terms of possible side-effects from any of these medications, so if there are any ladies that have taken them or are taking them, pls feel free to let me know how they affected you (if at all). Any heads-up would be greatly appreciated!!!

Will update after I've been for my scan tomorrow Hope all you other lovely ladies are going ok

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (24-05-2013)