+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hello there ladies

Blonde… ahh yes – astrology, tis a funny thing. My BFF has her ascendant in Gemini too so I know all about you guys ... Re your Dad and sister being Cappies - I’ve noticed that star signs often run in families… my Mum is an Aquarius and Dad is a Capricorn and we all get along famously. My oldest brother is a Leo and adds a very different dynamic to the family – bless all those Leos out there but they do tend to love a little drama here and there ... One of my theories of the universe is that in the interests of family harmony parents often have kids of the same star sign which makes life a lot smoother as they ‘get’ each other… I think some of the discord in families can come about when parent/child have wildly different personalities (ie, different star signs that don’t mesh well together) and just don’t see the world in the same way… that’s my theory anyhoo...

Mmmm… as for your blind pimples... Not sure about the cause but my hunch is that it could be the DHEA … when I first started taking it in 2011 it gave me pimples in weird places – on my shoulders and décolletage – where I’d never had them before, but I haven’t had them since I started back on the stuff in May this year… Not sure why I’m not getting them this time round but I do know that thanks to my acupuncturist, I am more hormonally balanced than I have ever been so maybe that has helped…

As for other side effects – I have noticed that my teeth are more sensitive to cold since I have been taking higher doses of Co Q10… not sure whether it is linked... re melatonin, I can’t take the full 5mg dose WDA prescribes as it makes me way too groggy in the mornings - so I only take half a capsule and that's not so bad.

You poor things with your heatwave we have completely missed out on that in Cairns The weather is absolutely perfect – lovely 29 degree days, cooling off at night. The humidity hasn’t kicked in yet but then I don’t really start to notice the humidity till it gets really bad and that’s not usually till late December… DP and I lived in Darwin for five years and the climate there from about September through till April is pretty hard to take…. the humidity is unbearable …. We moved to Cairns because it was cooler and less humid... hee hee.

My fingers and toes are all crossed that your bloodwork reveals nothing other than the fact you are a fine specimen of a women in the prime of her health .

Mrs P
    … that is fantastic news about the CGH – it will really save you lots of angst and torture. Sorry that old auntie F isn’t playing ball… but maybe with all that is going on in your life at the moment – preparing to sell your house and move to the other side of the country topped off with a good dose of IVF angst – maybe this combo of stress has hijacked your cycle??? If you really need AF to arrive in full force so you can squeeze in a cycle before you go to Perth I have found that either an acupuncture treatment or, if that doesn’t work, a few days of provera will do the trick. Re your question about the BCP… I won’t be using it to suppress me before my next cycle… the one and only time I did that (my very first cycle with QFG in Cairns) it quietened my ovaries down so much that I had no response to the IVF drugs and my cycle was cancelled. Dr M had put me on the pill for a month beforehand to coincide with his schedule and when I asked whether the BCP could have affected my response he was pretty dismissive of my concerns and didn't think it was a problem… I felt differently and changed clinics after that.

AFM… AF arrived two days late on Wednesday I was hoping it would show up reasonably on time so that I could fit my next cycle in around FS’s availability over the next couple of months so I am relieved and pleased The countdown to my next cycle has well and truly begun… eek! I really can’t believe my cycle now – not only is it regular, it is virtually painless… I used to get excruciating pain on CD2 to the point where I would vomit if I didn’t have any pain meds around… so pain-free cycles are pretty amazing for me. Acupuncture + TCM = hormonal miracle…

Had some friends over for DPs birthday last weekend – DP and I have been reno recluses the last few months so it was a lovely catchup with everyone including all their kids – lots of little people running around certainly makes the house come alive! My Mum is still here, thankfully her hearing is still very good but it doesn’t mean she listens to me … we have some funny conversations along the lines of:

Me: “Gee, I’m so relieved that my hair is growing back in – I lost so much after my m/c earlier this year.” Mum: “Oh, you must take after your father’s side of the family – you know your father’s mother lost her hair when she was quite young. Thank goodness I don’t have that problem” (women still has a very thick head of hair). Me: “I just said my hair is all growing back in Mum. I’m not going bald”. Mum: “Gee, I wished you could have seen that show on alopecia”. Me: “Mum, I’m not going bald and I don’t have alopecia”. Hilarious.

Well my dears…. That’s all for me for now, take care my lovelies and enjoy your weekend… and to you both... till next time.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 27-09-2013 at 16:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Helloooooo Domiffy and Mrs P................

Dom: Yes, I believe there is some truth there to families having kids with the same star sign etc as in our family we are all earth signs (Mum's a Taurus) although don't know what happened r.e. my youngest sister as she went "rogue" and is a Gemini!!! Totally agree with you about the Leo's (God love them, and I did once upon a time r.e. ex boyfriend lol)

Yes, I think it's the DHEA causing the blind pimples too. I haven't had any pop up in any other area but my face (and that's bad enough) but no doubt the acupuncture has helped keep them at bay this time around for you (as well as keeping AF on track and pain-free) The melatonin knocks me clean out for the recommended 7-8hrs most nights, but no groggy after effects here. Half a cap should do the job anyhoo luv and it's interesting the sensitive teeth business you've been experiencing and the possible CoQ10 link???

Good to see AF's playing the game girl and I hear you about the "excruciating pain" business.....I'm the same way except that CD1 is the killer for me. When I was younger I used to experience the nausea/vomiting part of it (as well as diarrhoea some months.....sorry if TMI but I cannot lie) but that's all settled down now I'm older and it's just the CD1 agony I face every month (all good with pain meds on hand and gone by CD2) it seems the acupuncture and TCM has worked a treat for you love!!!

The weather's a bit all over the shop down here. Woke up at 5am to a wee storm passing over and today's been overcast and on and off light shower's but much cooler than the anticipated 28 degree's they've forecast (any reprieve is much appreciated) Darwin???? Sweet Jesus!!! I wouldn't be able to even leave the house I reckon if it were me!!!! I wouldn't last 5 minutes let alone 5 years!!!!! What a crack-up your mum is!!!! Sounds like a scene out of a sit-com!!! You and her should have your own show!!!! Am glad you and your DP enjoyed his birthday festivities last weekend (many happy return's to him too) I know what you mean about the little one's......spent some time yesterday with a good friend of mine and her two little girl's. One is a few months shy of 4 and the other has just had her 1st b'day a few weeks ago. So sweet and such little treasure's (most of the time....)

So love, almost time to start the next cycle!!! Do you have a start date pencilled in??? Lordy, it's come around quickly hasn't it girl??? Almost time to get into position in the starter's block!!! I'm bursting with excitement for you and Mrs P (I really need to "calm my farm" before I burst a blood vessel!!!)Yes, as you can see, I'm starting to get a little "antsy" the closer it's getting to all of us girls starting again!!!

Mrs P.............Has AF arrived in full force yet?? I read on the other thread that you think you may have had an anovulatory cycle?? What's the plan??? Just wait it out or go and have some BT's to see what's going on??? Either way, a pain in the bum right when you need it the least!!! Good luck with selling the house....Hopefully it'll be snapped up quickly

AFM: Apart from taking out shares in "Clearasil Pimple Clearing Cream" not much to report. LOFL Dom r.e "Fine specimen of a woman"........with these hideous growths on my face, I'm more like the understudy for the part of Troll in the 3 Billygoats Gruff!!! ROFL!!!! (I've used up my emoticon's allowance for this post!!! wink-wink, big grin!!!) Just biding my time and counting down the days though I'll be glad to stop all the spoon licking and pill popping when the time comes although I must say my AF this month was different to what I normally experience. All within the realms of "normal", just not normal for me. Usually, CD1 is heavy (and painful), CD2 flow eases off, CD3 light flow, CD4 light staining to spotting, CD5 spotting to the point that a panty liner will do the trick.

This month: CD1 light flow with little pain, CD2 heavy flow and painful, CD3 reasonable flow and a little pain, CD4 light flow, CD5 light flow, CD6 light staining, CD7 spotting. I even had some spotting of old blood when I wiped on CD8....WTF????? Maybe all the supplements (especially the Vit E) have increased my lining (not that I've got any lining issues)???Hmmmmmm......the mind boggles ladies

Ok girls, am off to help DP "move some stuff" in the garden. Hope you're both having a fab weekend. Until next we meet...............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 28-09-2013 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Hope you are both having a lovely weekend! AFM, Ugh, I just don't seem to know where I'm going to put all of these toys etc for when we have inspections.

BinB, - I'd say the DHEA is causing the blind pimples. I get pimples, sighted and unsighted, the day before AF usually. With DHEA they seem to pop up whenever they feel they must. I have tiny ones all over the sides of my neck, and I get them on my scalp occasionally. Maybe I should get some clearasil, or pro-active myself. I've noticed since taking Dr L proscribed DHEA, i.e. in a hard jelly that you put under your tongue to dissolve (twice a day), symptoms have changed a little. Or should I say increased, as I have the insomnia symptom as-well .

I think that is a reasonable theory that a heavier AF means a better lining. So in that case, it sounds good that your AF is like that ATM.

I love little storms in the morning, however 7am sounds like a more reasonable hour to be woken by them, LOL. I too lived in Darwin. Two stints of 4 years each (I went back to sydney for a year in between). then a year in Bris before coming here nearly 6 years ago. However when I got preg with DS I started feeling the heat in the wet, and I still do.

Dom, - We probably bumped into each other at some stage in Darwin, it such a small town.

Your mum makes me laugh. It's funny how they get side tracked...

Talking about side tracked, I have just got back from singing DS the tinkle song. (I made it up) - It worked, YAY! He has decided that he doesn't like to go to the potty anymore, so I have been persevering and spending my days cleaning up little messes. I try and catch him when I think he needs to go now, and try and make it a fun thing again. It won't be long before he gets sick of my silliness too.

Glad that AF has turned up reasonably on time. Not long to go now before you cycle, I just hope that I can catch you up. I just might book an accu session. Thanks for the tips.

Wow, the whole nausea, vomiting thing with AF sounds awful. I used to get excruciating pain when I was a teenager, but I'm glad I didn't get the vomiting. No wonder teenage girls are so awful.

Have you actually finished with the reno's, or are you just taking a break? It is great weather for it, isn't it. We have some painting to do, as-well as a garden to build this week. Hope it gets done.

AFM, - CD34 today, and she is no where in sight. I do have some threatening pimples, but who knows? Oh well, que sera sear. I'm getting a bit over it all. Just can't wait till I can put this whole TTC thing behind me. I'm not bitter, or unhappy about it. I have my miracle. As nice as it will be to have another, I'm happy enough. The further away from my M/C it gets, the more content I am with just the 3 of us.

I'm going to go now. It has literally taken me all morning to write this. Bit by bit, LOL... Big wave, and baby dust to you both. (can't seem to get the emoticons)

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 38 has come and gone and still nothing. Have been madly trying to get things around the house finished.

Hope you are both well.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P...........

How frigging annoying about AF!!! It sounds to me like you may have had an anovulatory cycle Mrs P. What do they want you to do at the clinic?? Maybe it's time for some BT's to get answers??

How's the house packing going?? When are you due to move over to WA?? Can imagine this is the last thing you need with packing/moving and selling the house going on. LOL r.e. your DS and singing him "the tinkle song"!! Maybe you should lay down that track in the recording studio eh??? Eat your heart out Wiggles!!! So, he's decided the potty's not doing it for him anymore hey?? I had to LOL when I pictured you stalking him with a mop and/or towelling wipes in hand!!

I totally hear you about the insomnia thing with the DHEA. I went through that myself, but I find the Melatonin counteracts this by knocking me clean out most nights Am hoping that settles down for you luv. Thankfully, the hideous growths on my face have almost entirely disappeared and with a bit of luck, I'll get one clear week before the next lot are due to erupt in tandem with this months AF......LOFL!!!! (for some reason, the laughing icon won't post??? WTF??)

I hear what you're saying about "being over it all". A second bub will be a bonus for you, but not a blow if it doesn't happen, because of DS. I think I'd feel exactly the same way if I was in your shoes too. Nevertheless, I still have my for you and am sending you too.

Quick shout out to my girl Domiffy............ Hoping you're all good luv and I'm here on the sidelines listening out for the starter's gun to fire signalling you're away on your next cycle!!!

AFM: Just got the bill for the majority of the bloods I had done the other week. Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! $217 FFS!!!! and I've still got the progesterone to do next week on CD21!! No doubt I'll get F.A. back from Medicare too. Have made an appointment to go see my GP for results etc a few days before I'm due to go see WDA. Not long to go now!!!

Other than that, all good here girls. Weather's been a bit all over the shop, but as I'm an early bird (am awake by 5am every morning) it's not so bad, well, not in summer anyway It's my nephew's 5th b'day this weekend, so DP and I are off to my sister's for the b'day festivities and a piece of the scrummy b'day cake that she'll be making (yes, that'll do wonders for my facial growths....LOFL!!!)

Ok my lovelies, take care. Mrs P....I hope AF hurry's up and rears her ugly head for you asap!!! Failing that, am hoping some BT's will shed some light. Take care girls, have a fab weekend. Until next time.........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-10-2013 at 14:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 48 still nothing!

Day 45 BT showed P4-55, E2-350, FSH-3, LH-2. Kate described it as a persisting corpus lutium, and that I will just have to wait it out. As from a few days ago this will put EPU to after our move, so I'm not sure how this will fit now. I feel like the universe is trying to tell me something. I just may start listening soon ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P.............FFS!!! Why does this have to happen now of all times for you!!! Don't give up just yet luv!!! Am sure this is just nothing more than bad luck and bad timing and not a sign for you not to go ahead and try for another baby.

Did Kate mention why this sort of thing happens?? Could there be a cyst on one of your ovaries?? Maybe a scan to rule it in/out may be beneficial??? I assume that eventually AF will show?? How long before you move to WA?? Will you maybe have to cycle over there instead??? I'm guessing that it's all going to come down to when AF arrives as to what your next course of action is going to be?? Am keeping my it gets a move on and makes an appearance asap!!!

Am hoping that at least something's going right elsewhere in your life and the packing/selling of your house is coming along nicely

Quick shout out to Domiffy..............What's going on luv??? Where you at with everything???

AFM: Had my Day 21 Progesterone bloods done last week and also shot Kate off an e-mail explaining that I needed to time this cycle carefully and the reasons why and also asking was it ok to go on the pill when AF arrives this week. She spoke to WDA and he said yes, start on Day 4 and to ring her when AF arrives so we can work out stimming dates etc. She also e-mailed me through a copy of the drug protocol WDA wants me to do this time and it's exactly the same bar he's cut my Progynova from 4 pills a day to 2. He still wants me to do the high stimms (600 iu of Gonal-F one day and 600 iu of Menopur the next and to keep alternating until EPU) but I don't (and won't) do that.

I'll be debating him about that when I see him in a couple of weeks because I'm not prepared to go above 450iu as I feel that 600iu is too high for me. I'm not a low responder (i'm a normal responder) nor do I have LH issues and besides which, I've gotten better results at half the dosage!! On Cycle 1, my dosage was 225iu of Puregon, Cycle 2 it was 225iu of Gonal-F increased to 275iu a few days or so before EPU and Cycle 3 it was 300iu of Gonal-F. I fail to see how 600iu of anything is going to benefit me!!!

Am feeling a little bit annoyed tbh, as I was hoping he'd tailor a protocol more individually for me this time. Will be bringing that up with him too Yes, as you can see (or read) I'm PMS'ing big time at the moment!! Been bingeing on M&M thingy's too!! I think I need to take a chill pill!!! I'm also due to go back to see my GP at the end of this week to get all the results (and copies of) my blood tests.

Ok my lovelies, must go. Until next time girls...................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 13-10-2013 at 17:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - Sounds like we may be cycling together.

I actually did pose the cyst question on the FNQ thread. So you recon it could be too? Hmmm, I might ask Kate about a scan.

I know how you feel. I don't want to do the high FSH either. I think I mentioned that I want to ask about higher dose of gonalF, and a small dose of menopur, and if he doesn't do that, then straight 450 gonalF. I should probably voice that pretty soon I guess.

I also hear you on the PMSing, I feel for you. I have been feeling quite horrible in that respect over the last week. Can I have a couple of those chill pills. LOL...

On a brighter note. We sold the house 2 days after signing with our agent. Had to wait until tuesday to sign contract etc, so we are still within the 5 day cooling off period, however the building and pest inspection has already been done, and they are cash buyers. It could not get any more stress free.
    It was a super busy/stressful couple of weeks leading up to it though. DS coped with it all so well. I am so proud of my little man. Although he is starting to push the boundaries now.
    So now we are just sorting stuff before we pack. Settlement is mid Nov, and we head off then. DH is driving over, and we will go with him for part of the way. Details of that will be worked out once AF arrives so we will/may be working my cycle around that .

Breath in , Breath out !
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 13-10-2013 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Good Morning Mrs P................

I think it could be worth getting a scan done just to make sure all's well with your ovaries. I read persistent corpus luteum can be caused by a cyst, though not always and I guess the only way to know is to have a scan to rule it in/out. I'd probably give it until the end of the week, and if AF still hasn't shown, I'd ask/e-mail Kate and see what she says.

Yep, i'm with you regarding the lower stimms and will be voicing that loud and clear when I see him next week I'm also wanting to do the same as you (and what one of the other girls has just done...Emski I believe??) and do something like 300iu Gonal-F or Puregon (don't mind which one) and 100-150iu of Menopur.

Wazza's quite open minded to suggestions and I don't see why he would have any reservations about agreeing to do this but I won't know until I see him. He'll have to have a pretty compelling argument before I'll agree to go that high again.

Congrat's on selling the house so quickly!!! And a cash buyer too??? Bonus!!!! lol
    Yay for DS taking it in his stride and LOL for him pushing the boundaries (though I'm sure it's really not that funny at the time when he's misbehaving!!!) Yep, welcome to the "Terrible Two's" as they say!!!

I'm looking at starting Lucrin around the 15th of November and stimming in earnest around the 25th of November (of course, these are tentative dates I've worked out, have to run them by WDA/Kate for confirmation) so you and I could well be cycling at around the same time

Ok Mrs P........will keep my and pray to the fertility god's that AF makes an appearance asap for you. Have a great day luv!!!. Until next time........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Ladies

Hope you both had a lovely weekend…

Blonde
    Will be watching out for your blood test results later this week and LOL re your feisty pre-menstrual head space… watch out WDA. But as you say, he is very open minded and I’m sure he will work with you toward a protocol that you are both happy with… and lets face it there’s nothing to stop you dialling up your whatever dosage you please … not that I’m advocating self-medicating (oh… who am I kidding, yes I am). I hear you on the 450 gonal – that’s what I’ll be on too… I asked about using a small dose of menopur in conjunction with the gonal but FS said no, it’s one or the other, so gonal it is.

So your AF is getting heavier… it’s the opposite for me my last two AFs have been really light even with all the Vitamin E – I’m not really sure why or whether it is going to be a permanent change. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Your next cycle is getting so close now... how are you feeling? Hoping with every little bit of my being that we will all be in for a BFP surprise before the end of 2013 l

Mrs P CONGRATULATIONS on the drama free sale of your house – a cash buyer is everyone’s dream… and only two days on the market… that is absolutely awesome – it must be such a huge relief!!!… What suburb are you in?… my gut says the housing market in Cairns is just starting to gather some momentum after a few years in the doldrums. DP and I are keen to buy an investment property but IVF has put those plans on hold as $$$ won’t stretch that far… and have promised DP a fishing boat comes next after IVF… poor love needs something to keep his spirits up… and he does love his fishing. Anyhoo… we really need to finish renovating our current place before starting another… there’s still the ensuite and bathroom that need to be done as well as a new deck, some landscaping, installing bifolds, louvers and new front door, converting part of our verandah into a 4th bedroom and re-rendering the outside… (phew I need a lie down now) but DP is ridiculously handy and we will be able to do everything ourselves except for the render.

Funny that you were in Darwin before Cairns too, no doubt we crossed paths at some stage – we used to live in Woodleigh Gardens and luckily we bought before the property boom as house prices were insane when we left in 2010 and are they are still climbing… I know quite a few people who have made the move east to Cairns – BFF moved over with her family a year after me… cheaper houses, more to do in Cairns, better climate… shame about Campbell Newman tho!

Sorry to hear about your recalcitrant corpus luteum but it sounds like AF could be here any day now – hopefully there is no cyst… I agree with Blonde your missing AF is nothing but an unfortunate coincidence and not a sign from the universe, so hang in there… as you know, it takes just one lovely perfect golden eggie…

AFM
    Mum is still here and still has no flight booked home… am running out of things to keep her occupied… DP & I took her for a round of golf at Yorkeys Knob yesterday which was great fun and we have done just about all the local sights that she hadn’t been to the last time she was here… I have my day 21 scan booked in for this Wednesday so fingers crossed there are no cysts lurking and that I get the all clear to move on down to the starting gate…. Still haven’t been for my blood tests yet… will go in tomorrow. I did have a repeat vit D test a few weeks back… it is still low but has gone up from 37 to 70 (should be between 50-300)… need to spend more time in that morning sun… and why o why did I buy the chewable Vit D tablets. They are disgusting and so hard to get down.

Well my dears I think it is time for a cool down in the pool – things have started to warm up in the last few days but nothing a quick dip won’t fix… Take care my lovelies… Till next time….
    Last edited by Domiffy; 14-10-2013 at 14:05.