+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, - I have been reading, and promise I will get back to you soon.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hellooooo Domiffy!!!!!!..............

OMG, she's back!!!! LOFL re: "floor tile fun and games" Are you sure you're not a Virgo??? I so get it luv!!! Yay for getting assignments in and I have no doubt you'll knock over your next unit without too much difficulty.

What a pain in the bum your FS being away right when you want to cycle. In all fairness, they deserve a holiday like anyone else, but why does it always seem to coincide with your optimal starting time in your cycle??? Good plan you've devised girl to get an October cycle underway.

Yes love, I hear and feel you about every single thing you posted regarding the moments of despair and feeling like it's never going to happen. I feel the same way myself at times and have been quietly trying to learn to surrender it all to the Universe and find a way to accept that this particular dream just may not become a reality for my DP and I..... Some days I struggle with it and others I'm seemingly ok with a "whatever will be, will be" kind of attitude.

I also agree with you girl, that if I already had a child/children, then 40 wouldn't be such a bad thing. And the decline in egg quality doesn't help either from an IVF perspective. But, we can only do what we can do (taking supplements, being a healthy weight, eating cleanly for the most part, exercise, blah,blah,blah) and hope for the best.

Mrs P........What's the go with you luv??? You should be just about ready to kick off again on a new cycle?? When's your first appointment with WDA??? Can't believe we're all so close to our next cycle's and they're all around the same time, so we can keep each other entertained for the next couple of months at least!!!

AFM: Been a long and tiring week for me. I've been pulling 10-12hr days at the hospital with my mum after she had a procedure performed on Wed morn. Thankfully, she's been released today, but I'm sooooo tired, I can barely think straight!!!

Have found some time a little earlier this evening to write out a list of tests I want ordered when I see my GP next week, so that's all organised and another thing to tick off the list I've got my nephew's soccer final tomorrow morning then I'll be catching up on all the "domestic drudgery" I sidelined last week and preparing for the working week ahead (yawn....so not in the mood either)

Ok, my lovelies, am hoping you're both having a fab weekend so far. Take care and until we meet again.......... and for us all!!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 14-09-2013 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BinB and Dom,

I too feel like you both! As in I don't think it will happen. But I think I have come to accept it. Or at least I hope I have...

Dom, - Your floor sounds lovely. Good job that you could lay it yourself.

I'm a bit peeved that DrL told me that he couldn't do a cycle for me until november. I felt like calling them when you posted, but I had already spoken to Kate, and I can't be bothered changing my mindset again.
    Are you going to do a AACEP again, or are you going to change it? Their's is a very different drug regime than what WDA does. I might ask WDA if I can use the 8 oestrogen pessaries that I have left. I don't think I have ever had such high E2 levels before, as I did with them.

BinB, - Happy birthday. Welcome to the Fab 40's. I agree with Dom. Other than the stupid old eggs, our 40's is a nice age bracket.

I hope your mum feels better, and you are able to get some rest now that she is at home. What tests are on your list, if you don't mind me asking?

AFM, - CD20 and no ovulation as yet. Now I hope I don't ovulate at all this cycle, as DH is away again for the week, and a late ov will only delay things. If I am running on schedule AF should arrive next monday, and I should start the OCP on thursday. With the stim cycle to start a week after WDA gets back from holidays (14th Oct)... Thats the plan anyway. We will see how my body behaves.

I want to go down there for my day 2 scan. Just to touch base with WDA. I will email him once my records from DrL get down there. I want to know if a combination GonalF/Menopur thing would be beneficial. I have heard of people having a high dose of gonalF and a small dose of menopur each day. I want to know if that might work better. Have either of you read about that combo?

Anyway, must go. DS will wake shortly and I haven't done a thing.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P.............

Thanks for your b'day wishes The tests I'm going to ask her to order are: CD3 Hormone Master: Prolactin, LH, FSH, Oestradiol and Testosterone. I'm also going to check my Inhibin b and AMH levels.

On CD 21 I'll get my Progesterone checked and then I've written up a general list which comprises of: DHEA's, Iron Studies, FBC, RBC Folate, Serum Vit B12, SE E/LFT, Vit D, TSH, SHB6(Sex Hormone Binding Globulin) and FT4(Free Thyroxine) and Antithyroid Antibodies (although I'm not sure if I can get the SHB6 and FT4 done through GP??) and any others she thinks wouldn't hurt

Just wanting to get my baselines etc done again before I go on the pill when Oct's AF arrives. It's been 18 months since I last did them. My mum's getting there slowly thanks for asking luv, though I'm still catching up on the "rest" bit

Yes, I've also read about the high Gonal-F/low Menopur combo and am planning to speak to him about that myself when I see him next month. I think that kind of combo will work best for me so will see what he reckons. He's pretty open minded and will consider seriously any suggestions that you have about anything to do with your protocol so you won't have any prob's discussing stuff like that with him.

Am keeping my you haven't and don't ovulate this month and your body co-operates with you as required Am very excited now that cycling is so close for the three of us. Am hoping we girls get a hat trick this round!!!!

A quick shout out to Domiffy girl as always

Ok, must go myself. Has been a chaotic day and I'll be glad to see the back of it TBH Take care my lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P and Domiffy................

Hoping all's well with you both. Mrs P.....I read your question about CGH on the "Wazza" thread, if you get no answer's there, may I suggest you call WDA's office and maybe speak to FN Kate and ask her??

Not long now until you and Domiffy get started on your next cycles...am feeling excited for you both and am and sending loads of your way

AFM: Went and saw my GP and have organised all the blood tests bar the SHB6 and FT4. AF turned up right on time today (thank-you very much body) so am off to have my CD3 blood's done on Sat morn. Other than that, not that much to tell atm. Will get in touch with Kate myself in a couple of weeks to discuss going on the pill when Oct's AF arrives. It's definitely going to show up approx. a week before my next appointment with WDA.

Ok ladies, take care...until next time.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BinB, - Just waiting for her to call back. It sounds as if it will not be that easy.
    Yay for AF behaving herself. Not that far away for you either.

Hi Dom!

AFM, - I started spotting, so I think AF may be a few days early for me. We will see. I'll let you know what Kate says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hello there my lovelies…

Blonde… always such warm welcome from you makes me smile! No I’m not a Virgo … but I am a fellow earth sign - I’m a Capricorn with an Aquarius ascendant… DP is a Virgo though and there have been quite a few Virgos in my life over the years.

Good to hear your mum is out of hospital, I hope everything is all ok. My mum arrived on Tuesday from down South – a very short notice visit and is here indefinitely (ie hasn’t got her return flight booked yet) – she’s very easy to have around and I love her to bits but she chatters non-stop… I think dad wants her out of the house so he can rip up their old carpet and polish their floor boards while she is away… I think DP & I have started something!

That’s a fine looking bunch of tests you’ve lined up for yourself – it’s a great idea to get them done and good to hear your body is cooperating AF wise… lordy me another AF closer to your next cycle WOO HOO! ... You know I will be here at the sidelines for you again… cheering you and your little embies on – I’ve been stockpiling for us all over the last few months to help things along when the time is right….

MrsP… that sux about you not being about to cycle at CFC next month – I would have been annoyed too as cycling in Brisbane adds another layer of expense and logistics but who knows maybe it has all turned out this way for you for a reason … I will of course have everything crossed for you for your next cycle – sounds like we will be cycling together…

AFM… I saw FS on Monday and he wants me and DP to repeat a whole bunch of blood tests (25 in total!) that we did about this time last year – they seem to do them annually at my clinic which is a good thing… Hee hee… we can compare results Blonde! I had a bunch of questions for my FS at my appointment but he was very non committal about my concerns about menopur, and high dose stims but he did say that Dr Yovich (his boss and founder of Cairns Fertility and PIVET fertility centre in WA - and a bit of an IVF pioneer) felt that 10,000 pregnyl trigger helped with the maturation of eggs so I felt vindicated over my concerns about that aspect of my previous cycle. FS has recommended 450 gonal f for my next cycle, prednisone, clexane, no estrogen priming tho as he said this was mainly used to build up the lining which I don’t usually have a problem with (touch wood!), no nitrodur patches either. He has also suggested using a different culture medium for the embies called Embryo-gen which they recommend for certain patients and those who have had recurrent miscarriages. It is pretty new and is meant to improve chances of implantation… the only downside is that you can only culture the embryos to day 3 but I’m fine with that anyway as I’m a fan of 3dt. I’m still undecided about Saizen – so many $$$ and not much of a guarantee of it helping – tho of course there are no guarantees with any of this IVF business … AF is due on the w/e so am getting very close now… eeeeek…. I’m beginning to get a little excited/anxious about jumping back on the IVF train… toot toot…

Well my dears that’s all for me for now… until next time….
    Last edited by Domiffy; 19-09-2013 at 15:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Domiffy girl!!!!...................

Ah, yes, a Capricorn....I should of guessed a fellow earth sign!! Am surrounded by them myself (Dad and eldest sister) And your DP a Virgo too same as me??? Yep, I know all about it, though is like the "Clash of the Titans" around here when he and I go off!!! Btw....my ascendant sign is Gemini.

Sounds like the "Reno Bug" has infiltrated your family LOL r.e. your dad wanting your mum out of the way!!! God love her, can just imagine her twittering away to you No doubt she's thrilled to be visiting you and your DP. My mum's a bit the same, though I've noticed her voice has gotten louder and louder over the years (in line with her hearing going I'm sure...lol) She's slowly starting to feel better after her procedure last week, will have to wait a while before we find out how successful it's been and then go from there.

Yes luv, we can compare tests when we get the results. No doubt you'll be having the same one's I'm getting done included in the copious amounts your FS has ordered for you and your DP. Was very interested to read your FS's recommendations for your next cycle. Looks like he's using some parts of the AACEP protocol and leaving others out. I'm in full agreement about doing that and feel that at our age, whatever protocol we do has to be more individually tailored to our bodies and circumstances. Will be discussing doing much the same thing with WDA when I see him next month. I feel there's some parts of the protocol that I want to keep and would be beneficial for me and others that I don't think I need so will see what his take on it is.

The Embryo-gen is interesting too. I read up about that a while ago, but am not sure if QFG are using it in their labs at present. Have put it on the list to ask WDA about anyhoo Yep, the Saizen is expensive. I'm not going to use it again this cycle as I don't think it made all that much difference to me personally, but I'm glad I tried it all the same. It's one of those things where you're not going to know if it'll be of any benefit to you unless you try it.

Toot-toot...all aboard the IVF Train allright!!! Destination BFP!!!!!! We're all so close now. Am excited and anxious too girl, for all of us!!! LOL "stockpiling" for us all!!!" We're like a pair of squirrels stashing it away eh luv???? Yep, sounds like you and Mrs P will be cycling together and I'll be bringing up the rear!!!!

I'll be on the sidelines too decked out in my war paint and waving my pom-pom's for us all!!! "What do we want??" "A BFP" "When do we want it?? "NOW!!!!"

Mrs P......
    any word from Kate yet???

Ok my lovely lady, am off to do a few chores that need doing. Thanks so much for updating Mrs P and I. Roll on AF I say!!!! Hear from you soon.......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-09-2013 at 15:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Dom, - So nice that you are having a nice time with your mum. I think your dad is doing a great thing by pulling up the carpet. Floor boards are so lovely. That is one thing that DH and I want in our new house when we build it.

I'm glad you had a good appointment. It all sounds great what you are doing. I was on 450 gonalF too. I asked for it since I have done fine on GonalF in the past. I will ask WDA what he thinks about a higher dose of gonal and a small dose of menopur. If he doesn't like that then I'll ask for straight gonalF. I'm due for AF very soon too. Are you doing the pill before you stim?

BinB, - Glad your mum is starting to feel better. My mum's hearing is going too. I'm hoping she will try some other hearing aids, as the one she tried, she said echoed.

Im sure this month is going to go quickly for you. Probably more so that we are starting to gear up.

Kate phoned back after lunch. She said we will have to "pencil inn" the CGH testing so as to book the scientists time. Which makes sense. There are no extra blood tests or things to do. And we will decide whether to actually do it, regards to embrio numbers, quality, etc, when the time comes. So that makes me feel like this is the reason, Dom , that we were meant to go back to WDA.

I don't care about the money. If we got one to freeze, then we would have been coming back (from perth) to do a FET anyway. I would rather have nothing to transfer than to take 2 weeks worth of drugs for nothing. At least this way we will know if we had no chance straight away.

Better run off now girls.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P.................

So, has AF finally showed up?? And are you now popping your BCP's for the next few weeks??? Good to see that getting the CGH testing won't be a major drama should you decide to do it. When are you due to see WDA for a consult???

Domiffy girl...................

Where you at luv??? Are you doing BCP's first up like last cycle or are you going straight to stimms???

It's all got to be happening for you ladies by now methinks!!!!

AFM: Had CD3 blood's done last Sat. Got the 3rd degree from the vampire when I told her I didn't want the progesterone test done on that day and that I'd be back in a couple of weeks to get it done. "Why??" she said. Felt like replying "None of your f*&ng business why, because I said so, so just make a note on my request form that the progesterone is to follow on CD21 and give me another request form with said test ordered on it and I'll be on my way"..... Instead, I told her that it was standard testing practices when doing a Hormone Master to do CD3 and CD 21 bloods, blah...blah...blah.....

So, that's where I'm at my lovelies Although, on a completely different topic, I've noticed I've been developing some cracker blind pimples around AF time for the last 2 AF's...... Hit Dr Google to investigate the cause (because I don't usually get any...maybe the odd one here or there) and I've come to the conclusion it's hormonally based, but am still uncertain whether it's the result of the DHEA or Melatonin I've been taking or maybe it could be from the other supplements as apparently taking too much of certain supplements can cause them too or maybe it's a combination of taking all of them???? Have either of you girls had any problems with blind pimples or any other side effects from the supplemtents??? Am very interested to see my blood test results in a few weeks.

Ok girls, must go. It's going to be another scorcher down here today. Am not looking forward to summer. I loathe the heat!! Well, more precisely, I loathe the humidity which is why I'd never last living up there with you girls (although I know you're moving very soon Mrs P) Look forward to hearing where you're both at when you get the time. Until then, take care girls. and for us all!!!!!...............

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (26-09-2013)