+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Domiffy, Mrs P @ Hope06........

TMI Alert!!!...................Just a quick update from yesterday. Seems I spoke too soon and about an hour after I posted, started experiencing severe AF cramps and heavier bleeding than I normally would, though nothing to worry about. My usual painkillers did F.A. for the pain and I lay around with DP's wheat heatpack on my stomach for over 4hrs until the cramping started to subside. I also passed a few small clots which is very unusual for me, but just posting all this for posterity as usual Everything's back to normal today. Am still cramping a little, but not enough to even worry about taking any meds.

I received a lovely letter from WDA yesterday afternoon in the mail saying how sorry he was that we got a BFN and that my progesterone was really good, so he's of the opinion that we're dealing with an embryo quality issue (not that I hadn't already thought of that and really, what can be done to improve embryo quality???). He also said my HCG level was 8 and to maybe have another BT just to make sure the Pregnyl booster shot was completely out of my system, but with AF arriving in full force yesterday, I don't need to now. Will ph his office later to make appointment for the end of Oct.
    Hope everyone's well and I look forward to reading about how you're all going. for everyone Until next time............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-06-2013 at 11:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - October appointment hey! Does that mean that DP has come around?

I'm glad that WDA has got back to you. You need that closure don't you. I'm also glad that AF came when she did. It wouldn't be nice to get that little spark of hope, just to have it crushed by another BFN on another BT. Somehow it's easier to get the news from your own body. Well that is how it is for me anyhow.

Hope, - I know you had a question for me, but I can't remember what it is, so I'll look it up and get back to you later.

Dom, - Hope all is well with you.

AFM, - I've had a BT on day 2, and a scan on day 4 (yesterday). Even scanned my kidneys, hmmm? Bloods all came back normal, and I don't know the results of the scan yet, and I'm not sure when I'll find out. I have a HyCoSy booked for monday, so I guess I can ask then. Other than that, I've been feeling off again for the last few days. Seems like June will be written off as a sick month for all three of us. Ho hum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Mrs P........

Well, all goes well with your scan. Your blood's are good, so you're off to a good start love!!! All the best for the HyCoSy (are they looking for anything in particular or....?) and I hope you're feeling better too. Woke up feeling pretty ordinary myself this morning, but seem to have come good now. Yep, write off this month!!!!

Yes, DP has come onboard again as I hoped (and kind of knew) that he would. Have made an appointment to see WDA at the end of October (made sure he wasn't going away again when I'll be due for my next cycle. He's taking a week off in Sept sometime then won't be away again until the end of Dec when the whole place shuts down for X-mas and New Year's). Went to the Chemist Wharehouse yesterday arvo and bought all the supplements which I'll start taking again as of Monday.

Am glad AF arrived too, but TBH, I had no intention of going to get another blood test done. I already knew it was a BFN, so would've been no point getting retested and only would've ended up upsetting me even more.

Hello Domiffy Love.....

Hope all's well with you girl. Am having some issues in deciding what Royal Jelly to buy. I can get the fresh Royal Jelly you need to keep in the fridge or I can get the same thing (or so the customer rep from the company told me on the ph yesterday) that's been preserved in honey, so is shelf stable thus negating the need to be kept in the fridge. Is your brand stored in the fridge or not?? The customer service rep also recommended taking 2 tsp's of the royal jelly preserved in honey a day and to hold it under the tongue for 2mins until it dissolves???? What do you do?? Think I might start another thread and ask the other ladies what they think too.

What do you think Mrs P???? Got any experience with Royal Jelly???

Ok, am off for now. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Take care and let us know how you get on on Monday. Be thinking of you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinB, - I 'think' the HyCoSy is just part of their screening process. Dom, do you know the answer to that one? I don't think they will find anything, but I'm glad they are looking and not just presuming that all my fertility issues are due to my age.

I have only taken royal jelly as a capsule, so sorry, but I don't know. I'd be interested in stalking your new thread if you start it, though!

Dom, - How are you going?

AFM, - I feel fine now thanks, just a wee bit sinus-ey. DS is well too, and DH is over the worst. We have never been this sick (with a cold) for so long. I am glad we finally have this behind us - ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P...........

Just wanting to wish you all the best for today. Am glad you and your family are feeling better. Started another thread about the Royal Jelly,but so far no replies....have bumped it so will see how we go.

Hi Dom........

Not sure where you've been hiding, but hoping all's well with you girl.

AFM.......

Started all the supplements today (bar the Royal Jelly, but will order that in the next week) other than that, not much going down

Ok, look forward to hearing how you got on Mrs P......until next time.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blonde, - Hope you are well today. Sounds like you've got awful weather down there.
    I think most people that take royal jelly take capsules, so I think Domiffy probably had the best answer.

HyCoSy went fine today, however we found a polyp so that will have to be dealt with. Didn't talk too much about it today, other than I'll need a hysteroscopy, but we will discuss it in detail when we come to the end of this assessment cycle. I have more bloods, and a scan on wednesday too, so I'll ask then if it will delay my IVF cycle.
    I'm having a lazy afternoon on the lounge. DH is looking after us well. God bless his cotton sox.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P.......

Glad to hear all went well yesterday and am sure having the polyp removed will be a pretty simple procedure. it doesn't delay your cycle. High five to DH for taking such good care of the both of you....That should earn him some brownie points in your books eh love????

Yes, the weather's been pretty awful down here, but worse on the coast (which I live nowhere near) Last night it practically rained the whole night through and was so windy. Today is much better. Still overcast, but the rain's gone and the wind's died down thank God!!!

Yep, I think Domiffy is probably right about the Royal Jelly...Where is she lately??? Come back Dom!!!! No-one else has answered my post as yet, will keep bumping it for the week, but will have to order it next week no matter what as I want to start taking it for at least 3 months.

Ok, hope all goes well with bloods and scans tomorrow. Take care Mrs P and I'll hear from you when I do.....
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-07-2013 at 11:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Sorry I’ve been MIA – I’ve been caught up in my online studies this last couple of weeks and have an essay due at the end of this week – eek!… a good distraction from obsessing about IVF, but IVF is never too far from my thoughts unfortunately…

Blonde
    Fantastic to hear that DH is on board for your next cycle in October – of course I always knew deep down he wouldn’t be able to say no to you but October must seem like a lifetime away. I know I feel like I’m just marking time till I can cycle again in September…

Don’t lose heart re your egg quality – I have read many positive stories where people have had success in improving their egg quality by taking a holistic approach to their health and wellbeing… diet, exercise, supplements etc. For inspiration, I can recommend reading Julie Indichova’s book ‘Inconceiveable’ she was trying to conceive her second child at 42 and due to her high FSH she was turned away from IVF clinics and told it was very unlikely she would be able to get pregnant. She took matters into her own hands and basically detoxed her body and upped her nutritional intake and she fell pregnant within a few months. Also, Randine Lewis’ book ‘The infertility cure’ is another good read.

In terms of supplements that can help egg quality I have been reading a lot of really positive stuff about Co-Enzyme Q10 - it is a powerful antioxidant which can help with the mitochondrial activity in the cells. One theory about the decline in egg quality as we age is that it has a lot to do with the decline in the mitochondrial activity in the cells and Co-Enqyme Q10 can help with this. I have been taking it forever but only between 150-300mg but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest that a higher dose of 450-600mg can be even more effective. It appears to be very safe and does no harm so I am upping my dose the next few months.

Blonde, don’t forget you did have two good looking embryos this cycle and perhaps as you suggested before maybe a FET might be better for you and would be worth discussing with WDA again. For some ladies it seems that transfer after a stim cycle is not that successful due to what your body has been through in the lead up to transfer but they will go on to have a BFP after a FET - I read somewhere that some clinics o/s are now doing freeze all cycles that are followed by FETs as they are having better success rates with this approach.

I don’t really know that much about the different brands of royal jelly – I am just going on a hunch that ‘fresh is best’ so I buy one that needs to be refrigerated and take about half a teaspoon each morning… TBH tho it may make no difference whether it is fresh or not – it’s just my preference. My acupuncturist did mention that some of her clients prefer to use Australian made royal jelly rather than RJ from China – I’m not really sure why tho, maybe it’s a quality control issue. Sorry I can’t be more help with this my dear.

Hope
    I’m so sorry to hear that your cycle was not so good. I know exactly how you feel as my cycle with WDA was my worst ever in terms of egg quality which has not been an issue for me in the past. I don’t believe that the decline in egg quality since my last cycle in December was solely due to aging eggs, as I’ve ranted on about before in this thread, I feel the high doses of stims had an adverse effect on my egg quality – plenty of info on the web to support this and many FS’s who agree and suggest that lower stims produce better quality eggs. In addition the extra LH in the menopur can also have detrimental effect on both egg quality and the endometrium… Just one little snippet I found from an FS in the US who was discussing the effect of too much LH and why their clinic tries to minimise exposure to LH during stim cycles:

"..while a small amount of LH is essential to promote and optimize FSH-induced follicular growth and egg maturation a large concentration of LH can trigger over-production of ovarian stromal testosterone with an adverse effect of follicle/egg/embryo quality. Moreover, since testosterone also down-regulates estrogen receptors in the endometrium, an excess of testosterone can also have an adverse effect on endometrial growth."

In the USA where menopur seems to be more widely used than in Aust, it usually seems to be prescribed in a very different concentration or ratio than in WDA’s approach - much like on your friend’s protocol of 225 gonal and 75 menopur. This suggests to me that many FS’s recognise that while some menopur (and LH) is good, too much is not so good… TBH the results I have seen from ladies who have cycled in the last month or so with WDA – Blonde, yourself, me and another lady from the FNQ thread - his high dose menopur stimulation protocol has produced far from stellar results in terms of egg quality and quantity. So don’t be too willing to shoulder all the responsibility for your poor outcome as the wrong protocol can have much to do with it as well… just curious as to what doses of stims have you been on previously? Oh and how did your fertilisation go? Are you on the TWW?

Mrs P The assessment cycle is a good idea which helps the doc make an informed and individualised decision about your treatment. Glad to hear your Hycosy went well – it must be a relief to know that your tubes are all clear.

AFM
    Saw my acupuncturist yesterday for the first time since my BFN and we had a good long chat about my last cycle – she also has a lot of reservations about high stim protocols which she feels really knock the ovaries around, especially in older ladies – for younger ladies it’s not quite so much of an issue.

Not much going on with me really re IVF stuff… tho in an effort to save a few $$$ I ordered some supplements online from iherb in the US – very cheap and everything arrived in about a week – highly recommend… also managed to find myself a cold press juicer on Gumtree a couple of weeks ago. I was umming and ahhing about buying one for ages so very pleased about that and have been trying to juice everyday… the cold press juicers are apparently much gentler on your fruit and vegies than the centrifugal juicers and you are meant to get more ‘living enzymes’… juice tastes much smoother too.

BTW I found this very detailed post last night called Agate’s guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle that you ladies might be interested in reading as it is a great summary: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=283000.0

Anyhoo ladies that’s about it from me... to us and am thinking of you all... look forward to hearing from you my dears.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 02-07-2013 at 14:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Welcome back Domiffy Girl.......

Good luck with your assignments love, but am sure you'll do really well. You're a highly intelligent and determined woman, so I think failure is not an option with you!!! Yes, study (or in my case) working from home is a good distraction as you say from this IVF caper, but I'm the same as you, it's never really far from my mind either!!! Just counting down the days (or number of periods) until I can get the ball rolling again. Off to see WDA at the end of October with the intention of cycling again in November.

I'm also taking Co-Enzyme Q10 (as well as all the other supplements on WDA's list, plus I'm adding the Royal Jelly and Vitamin D too). I'm taking a practioner only blend that I get over the counter at Chemist Wharehouse ("Old Mate" who works there was raving on about how all the cardiac surgeons at RPA prescribe it for their patients as its the best on the market blah, blah, blah....the price was comparable to other brands, so I got it) but am just taking 150mg's a day for now.

Thanks for your recommendations r.e. books and for the link at the end of your last post. Was very interesting reading indeed!!! You're such a fountain of IVF knowledge love and a great researcher too!!! I've made heaps of notes and will have quite a few things to talk about with WDA when I see him in Oct. I totally agree with you regarding the high stims and I'll be telling WDA that I don't want to be doing that again and will put it to him to do a lower stims with Gonal-F or Puregon (is there much difference between the two do you know love?? Did Puregon on my very first cycle only because the stocks of Gonal-F were low....) and add a small amount of Menopur...either that or do a "Step Down" approach. The fact of the matter is that I'm not a low responder (I'm a "normal" responder, even if the quality of some of my eggs retrieved are sh$t) and I don't have LH issues, so the high stims aren't going to benefit me (well, that's how I feel anyhoo). Either way, I'm not giving up on my eggs just yet and am hoping the natural supplements plus the DHEA, Melatonin and Royal Jelly will help to improve the quality of my eggs considerably.

Yes, our embryo's weren't that bad in quality. But as I said to the QFG nurse who rang on Friday arvo for a follow-up chat (oops, forgot to mention that in earlier posts...anyhoo...) "How likely would it be to get a Grade 5 embryo from a virtually 40yr old woman's eggs and a 43yr old man's TESA'd sperm?? Almost impossible I would have thought" to which she replied "It is possible, but highly improbable"....Exactly!!! I know the chances of getting a BFP are higher with a higher grade embryo, but it was my understanding that most of the BFP's are actually from embryo's that are average (Grade 3) when transferred or am I wrong in my thinking???

All our embryo's have been graded either a 3 or a 4 (except in our very first cycle when they were graded a 2 and that's the cycle I got my chemical on) so overall, I don't think our embryo's are that bad when you consider our circumstances. I'm really starting to believe more and more that my body just doesn't like fresh transfers and will once again bring up the possibility of doing a "freeze all" on Day 3 of my next cycle (if I get a good cohort of embryo's that is) Hopefully WDA will be more receptive to my idea's.

The cold press juicer sounds like the ticket love....Yummy fresh juices to help get your body in peak condition. I'm tempted to pack up and move in with you girl!!!!! LOL!!!!! DP would not be amused I can assure you!!! Yes, I knew deep in my heart he would come on board with me and do another cycle. You're right, he'll do almost anything to please me plus I know how much he wants us to have a child too. So we've got 2 vials of his TESA sperm frozen which means 2 more tries. Hopefully we won't need to do the second one!!!

Thanks for the clarification of the Royal Jelly. I agree that "fresh is best" so will hit the phone later and try to track some down at a health food shop or else I can order it online from an Australian company who will send it on a refrigerated truck to me within a few days of ordering. It is a bit dearer, but at least I'll have it as the health food shops I've approached in the last week while I've been out and about didn't stock it routinely and weren't exactly falling all over themselves to get it in stock for me......typical!!!

Ok love, am out of here for now. Just a quick shout out to Mrs P.....hope your bloods and scans went ok and if you're still following Hope....am keeping my (here we go again with the icons not working FFS!!!) finger's crossed that you get a BFP!!!!

Take care girl....Babydust to us all and I'll hear from you and the others when I do!!! Have a great day love (insert cuddle icon here!!! LOL)

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-07-2013 at 11:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there Blonde… Thanks for your vote of confidence re my studies, you are such a sweetheart. Hmm yes I have a long history of being an obsessive compulsive researcher with whatever I’m doing – sounds nerdy but I do love learning new stuff and, if you hadn’t guessed already, I like to make informed decisions…

Lordy me I thought my wait until September was bad enough… waiting till November would have me climbing the walls… your body/ovaries will be well and truly primed and ready to pump out lots of lovely healthy eggies by then.

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the Puregon as I only used Gonal f in my cycles before WDA and have no complaints with that. And yeah, I agree with you I think the step down approach to stims makes sense…. Give those follies a kick start then ease off a little on the drugs…

Thanks for the tip about the Co-Enqyme Q10… there are so many brands out there and I’m never quite sure which one to buy but if the heart guys are raving about the over the counter one then that sounds like a pretty good recommendation to me - what is the name?

Good luck on your hunt for the Royal Jelly – Go Vita health food stores are pretty helpful – they are a franchise and have stores elsewhere Queensland but I’m not sure whether they are in Brissy or not but they might be worth a try if they are.

Well my dear, that’s all from me for now… must get my act together and my essay sorted… Take care.