+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice on donor sperm please

Hi all, I have a friend (in Victoria) who wants a child but has not had any luck finding a partner. She has decided to go it alone to have a child. Can anyone tell me how it works in VIC or in other countries? I'm an IVF veteran so I understand straight forward ivf but have no idea what happens when sperm is required. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 17 weeks pregnant to a donor. There are various ways to go, what worked for me was the Internet I found a donor online and via email we worked out we were compatible and worked on logistics. I made sure he had all testing done including sperm. I also did several iui's and Ivf before meting my which cost a lot of money and in the end because I had no fertility issues I regret, it was a hideous experience that resulted in several miscarriages, that's my perception not everyone has the same thankfully. I found it cold and the staff did not treat you like a human. You can access donor sperm through clinics, but each clinic recruits their own donors and has their own criteria. Your friend needs to do what she feels comfortable with, I was lucky my donor was wonderful and it worked 2nd go. Good luck to your friend choosing to take control and have a baby alone is an empowering decision.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arli For This Useful Post:

Beta  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Im single and currently doing IVF with Donor Sperm in NSW. My clinic were fantastic and the process has been great. However, I believe the law may be different in VIC.... I know of one bub hubber who flew from VIC to QLD to get her sperm done...

There are particular clinics (particulary mine) that cater to single women / sperm donor / same sex couples without a blink of an eye, and others put you on the waiting list...

PM me if you want more info

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IBelieve For This Useful Post:

Beta  (01-05-2013)