+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clomid & Metformin

Hi Ladies,
    I have PCOS, I've been taking Metformin for the past 5 months and I've just started my first round of Clomid - I would love to hear everyones experiences... how long it took you to fall on Clomid, if it was totally useless to you etc...

Shan... xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan1781 View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    I have PCOS, I've been taking Metformin for the past 5 months and I've just started my first round of Clomid - I would love to hear everyones experiences... how long it took you to fall on Clomid, if it was totally useless to you etc...

Shan... xox
    Hi Shan - sorry to hijack your thread but I wanted to know how you found metformin? I've been in it a month now and aside from unpleasant side effects while first taking it nothing seems to be happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on Metformin for almost 2 years now and my sugar is really low now. I took clomid for 4 cycles and I didn't ovulate once.

FS then put me on letrozole, ovulated first cycle, doubled the dosage for the second cycle (my levels almost tripled) and am now 8 weeks pregnant. I might add that I also lost 20kg in between the last 2 cycles of clomid (which took 6 months through lapband).

After reading many different stories I found that you need to work together with your FS and find what works for you. What works for some may not work for others and vice versa.

Good luck on your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me Clomid worked first cycl, so we were really lucky. I got the hot flushes, nausea and really bad cramps around O.

I hope Clomid works for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie29 View Post
    Hi Shan - sorry to hijack your thread but I wanted to know how you found metformin? I've been in it a month now and aside from unpleasant side effects while first taking it nothing seems to be happening?
    Mellie Metformin has been ok for me, the side effects suck! I had NO intrest in food what so ever, continually felt sick/bloated and needed the bathroom ALOT! I lost about 10kg REALLY quickly (and no wonder LOL)... I fell within the first 2 months of being on Metformin - sadly I miscarried and fell WAY off the wagon since with my diet & excercise due to being depressed about the miscarriage... the big thing I learnt after 3 years of trying is that MY HUSBAND AND I CAN DO IT ON OUR OWN! No IVF.... I am really hoping that this is the winning ticket for Hubby & I Clomid & Metformin... we are off to Bali this weekend and it just so happens that I'll be O'ing...

Thanks everyone for sharing with meyour stories.

Shan xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey I started 100mg clomid in January terrible pains came along with the medication (took days 2-6) first month didn't ovulate, second month I did and bfp, am now 14w3d, some girls have done tons of cycles, I was quite shocked to fall on the second month as late last year I was told I was infertile due to high prolactin levels, pcos, and endometriosis, was referred to fertility SA, they checked my tubes (omg most painful experience ever) but then sent me back to my gp who put me on clomid, its really hit and miss who clomid works for due to the pains, I was not going to take it the third month, luckily I didn't have to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie86 View Post
    hey I started 100mg clomid in January terrible pains came along with the medication (took days 2-6) first month didn't ovulate, second month I did and bfp, am now 14w3d, some girls have done tons of cycles, I was quite shocked to fall on the second month as late last year I was told I was infertile due to high prolactin levels, pcos, and endometriosis, was referred to fertility SA, they checked my tubes (omg most painful experience ever) but then sent me back to my gp who put me on clomid, its really hit and miss who clomid works for due to the pains, I was not going to take it the third month, luckily I didn't have to
    I'm so glad that you only had to do the 2 cycles... I am on 50mg of Clomid and the pain with that was bad enough... let alone doing the 100mg dose...