+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf and Miscarriage

Anyone having/had ivf and had a miscarriage?

How did you feel about trying again or did you just give up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is always hard to try again after any loss but when it comes after IVF to achieve the pregnancy it can feel like a double whammy. The experience certainly changes you and heightens your anxiety next time around but I can also see from your sig you are no stranger to loss

It never entered my mind not to try again after we lost our 1st pregnancy (or 2nd or 3rd etc but definitely made us very cautious).

Good luck with whatever decision you make

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm with Starfish, it is always hard, especially when it was an IVF baby. It took me a year to think about trying again (ICSI). It tore my heart out at the time and I really needed that time to heal. I'm glad I never gave up.... I wish you all the best with your journey xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey angelmama!

I lost my little girl in January at 12 weeks. She was a gift after 3 years of trying with my current partner (and 3 with my previous husband) and two years of fertility treatment. It was our second round of IVF but first round to make it to egg collection and transfer.
    What made it easier for me was that we had the remains tested and found she was missing a chromosome. A completely random event not likely to happen again. If she was born she would have been very sick for all her life. Before the result I was a complete mess, even though they say there was nothing you could have done I found I still blamed myself. Having the result in black and white really helped me, but I realise that is a rare reassurance, as most people miscarry without being able to get those answers.

I didn't want to wait to try again. I dove straight in again and am now 7 weeks pregnant from a frozen transfer in match.

Even if i miscarry this one, and the next, I think I will keep trying no matter what. This whole process is the most difficult thing I have ever gone through, but what other choice do we have? Giving up is not an option at this stage. But everyone is so different!!

Take care! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying ladies.

I don't have any frozen and I would like to start my next cycle as soon as possible. My main fear is that I am getting to old and every ticking minute I feel its slipping away.

While losing this baby was sad, I don't feel nearly as much pain as losing my son to cancer. My fs said this loss will bring it up again and it has but its alos the financial implications with it all as well. I average 3 mature/fertilsed eggs per fresh cycle which is not a lot.

Just really hearing that tick tick tick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama74 View Post
    Thank you for replying ladies.

I don't have any frozen and I would like to start my next cycle as soon as possible. My main fear is that I am getting to old and every ticking minute I feel its slipping away.

While losing this baby was sad, I don't feel nearly as much pain as losing my son to cancer. My fs said this loss will bring it up again and it has but its alos the financial implications with it all as well. I average 3 mature/fertilsed eggs per fresh cycle which is not a lot.

Just really hearing that tick tick tick.
    I'm so sorry for your loss angelmama.
    I've had 2 m/c after losing my baby girl at 37 weeks. It took so much to try ivf again after losing her. We waited 6 months. The first m/c was awful but not even remotely close to the pain of losing my daughter full term. We went back and tried again 4 months later only to miscarry again. I think I was quite clinical about it the 2nd time, more bitter than anything. 8 months later and I'm just not ready for more heartache. I really want to be pregnant, and envy all my friends around me that are. I'm 36 this year so know that time is ticking away but life is also passing me by, so I made the decision to start really living and enjoying life again. I'm hoping I know when the right time is to try again, with a more positive and hopefully less anxious mind (if that's even possible!) x