+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't of even thought of it. I might read about a film on line to see if is worth buying. But I'm happy to just put on a film for DD.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post

My DS is 3 and loves it and the Simpsons
    Off topic but DS1 watched the simpsons for the first time this week at my sister's. He came home and told me he shouldn't be telling me but he had watched it. I was a bit proud that he told me

Most movies I have already seen so don't watch before showing to DS. The new ones I just watch the trailer to decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Nope... but I am absolutely "meh," about this aspect of "protection."

I mean, I won't go, "Oh, this MA-rated movie looks like DD might enjoy it..." and put it on... but I mean, she's not quite 8, and Futurama is her absolute favourite show ever... not really something a lot of parents would let their kids watch (she's watched it since she was 2).
    That's pretty much what it's like here. We're pretty cruisey with movies in general.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Never. I find some of the kids movies appalling it's bad enough I have to sit through them when I take the kids let alone watch them first. There are some very good websites that detail any scenes parents might like to know about and I read them and make a call.

DD1's favourite tv show is River Monsters. She has a pretty high tolerance for most things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never. Its never occurred to me to do it. I hate watching them with DS so I wouldn't be torturing myself by watching it without him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Never screen things as he watches quite a lot of things i did as a kid.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to suggest common sense media too, very detailed on movie content. Brilliant site

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, and agree with a previous poster that some of the movies/shows that DS likes are awful or boring to me so I am not going torture myself by watching them.

We are pretty lenient with movies, probably too much so in some people's eyes but we can work out pretty quickly from our sons reactions whether he can handle a particular movie or not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do I pre-watch kids movies? No. But sometimes I have pre-watched an 'adult movie' that they have wanted to watch but I thought may have been a bit iffy.
    But then they watch all kinds of movies at their dads house so I don't think I need to be too precious with them here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    That's pretty much what it's like here. We're pretty cruisey with movies in general.
    Same here.

She's not a sensitive child though, she's not upset or scared by the things she's seen in movies. I was the same as a kid, and remember that from about 11 onwards, horror movies were the thing my mother and I did together. It was our little thing, and each weekend we'd go on horror movie fest together.

I'm not putting on horror movies just yet, but I'm really laid-back about what we watch.

She also love Karl Pilkington and often wants to watch episodes of An Idiot Abroad (which is kinda not really a kids show... but it's funny, so we let her...).