+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you watch kids movies before you let your kids watch them?

A friend of mine asked me this the other day, we were talking about wreck-it Ralph I had just watched it (because I wanted to) and was saying how I wanted to get it on DVD for DS

His question got me thinking tho, I will watch trailers but not always the movie but I am wondering dose anyone do this?

I found it an odd question but the more I thing about it the more I can understand it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched the Polar Express for the first time last Christmas with my 3.5yo DS and he hated it (so did i). If I'd watched it myself first I'd never have put it on for him, so I can def see the value in pre-screening movies. Wreck-it Ralph is brilliant though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If it's PG, yep. Also look at imdb. My nearly 5yo daughter gets scared in octonauts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've learnt the hard way-I have to as DS2 is a very sensitive soul and, due to being terrified of Monsters Inc., had nightmares for months. DS1 loves everything, doesn't frighten easily so it never occurred to me to censor what they were watching.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I haven't its never really occurred to me to do so

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, I have
    I have a couple of sensitive souls here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No... I just read the synopsis and let her watch it if I think it's ok. If she does get scared, curious or exposed to something more adult, I take it as an opportunity to talk about it.

Then again, my DD is into gouls, dead things and generally spooky or mystical stuff, so she mostly watches Tim Burton or Studio Ghibli... Totally not my influence

At the moment she is obsessed with the Adamms Family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally if it's rated G, then it goes on. Anything PG gets watched with her, although she's 3.5 so that's rare. We don't put the news on if we know something really bad has happened that day (eg Boston bombings) and turn off/over if something looks a bit iffy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    or Studio Ghibli...
    Sorry off-topic, where can I find Ponyo in English? I've tried and tried ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Sorry off-topic, where can I find Ponyo in English? I've tried and tried ...
    We got it from Sanity, but it was also available at JB ages ago.

I just did a quick search and you can grab it from Wow Sight and Sound online right now.

http://www.1wow.com.au/ponyo--dvpons...ing_Comparison

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Hulahoop  (28-04-2013)