Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 8 prams over two kids...

I am a pram crazy! In my 8 prams I e had two phil & teds.

If I were to have another child I would stick with the phil & teds. Nothing compares in my books. I love it shopping, I love it walking, I love it jogging & I love I can push two kids or one kid.

Very flexible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opaque - which Phil and teds do you have?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only have one and i love it to death.

Phil and teds verve 4wd.

Awesome sauce. Fits my newbie and my whopper almost 4 year old. Steers like a dream. Folds up with the second seat attached and fits in the boot of my mazda 2!

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 28-04-2013 at 21:54.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (28-04-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Zombie I just googled that pram and they look great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    being a nanny before for 12 years and having almost every pram ever made i now with our kids we have and will only ever have a mountain buggy, they, in my mind are the best pram on the market and despite its few flaws ( every pram will have some) is by far the most practical, easy to use pram around, I HATE bugaboo with a passion, i find them to flimsy and to easy with steering ( i know that sounds silly but i just mean they move around to much and can easily go off track) phil and ted i find impractical, i would hate to be the child who sits at the back and not be able to see anything, i think it's probably fine when one is a newborn but once they are a few months and wanting to see out it becomes useless, the baby jogger , though i do love its folding system is the next best to mountain buggy but i would only get the elite not the mini, the mini is hard to steer and the small wheels make it hard to push when on rough surfaces or getting on and off public transport, though many people swear by the mini and have never had a problem with it so it may work for you,
    like i said i think all prams have there pro's and cons and i think a lot of people love or hate the pram they have because they have never had anything to compare it to but i can honestly say mountain buggy have hit the mark with best stroller IMO
    i have the urban jungle and the duo and they are both amazing ( not so keen on the plus one though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I'm considering saving for a new pram. We have a strider but DD who is 19 months is now tall enough for her head to touch the top part of the hood and her feet hang two inches lower than the foot rest.

I'm not sure what's a good pram on a budget that fits a tall child. I am also tall as well so need a pram that can handle someone tall with a large step.

Maybe this thread will give me some ideas.
    If you're happy to go secondhand - I'd suggest a Baby Jogger City Elite.

Handles weight really well and has an adjustable handle.

You could pick one up for around $350 in great condition.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The phil and teds promenade looks pretty ace. Id consider that if my kids had less of an age gap but u can have any seat combo you like with that.

My almost 5 month old doesnt want to look around she is a bit sensative and likes to look straight up and see me. It has a reclining second seat so i can lay her back and she sleeps.

Im sure there are other great prams out there but i love love mine its perfect for what i need.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phil and teds navigator got it and love it, just waiting for bub #2 so I can use my second seat

Mumma to Connor - 25/8/2011
    And bub #2 due - 24/8/2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugaboo donkey. I loved it as a double when I had two kids under 2, I love it as a single now, and I'll love it as a double again when baby 6 arrives.

Yes it has pneumatic tyres so they need to be pumped up, but the benefits of proper pneumatic tyres (rather than horrid solid or foam ones) outweigh the risk of puncture (which has happened to me once in 2 years). It's not head to buy or change the inner tube anyway, you just get it from a bike shop.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

waitsee  (28-04-2013)