+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    A couple of glasses most nights of the week.

I'm not averse to wine at lunch when the occasions calls for it.
    Same, we usually drink a glass or two of wine with dinner most nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A glass or two of wine or gin 4-5 days a week, but at the moment zero.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    One a week, if that. I got so used to not drinking when pregnant with dd, that I don't really drink anymore.
    This...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Probably too much

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    OP, try going 2 weeks without it. I've found the more frequently you drink, the more you crave it. When you get to the 2 week mark, see how you feel and extend it a month and so on. i recently went 6 weeks without any alcohol and when I had one after that time it made me sick. If you're finding it hard to stop once you've had a couple, on a regular basis, then yeah, maybe you should consider giving it a break or cutting it out.

This is true. In February I went two weeks without alcohol, 1st and 2nd weekend were really hard but by the last day of my alcohol free period I could have taken it or left it. But I started again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink probably once a month on average, and even then its max two glasses as im still feeding.

Df used to drink to excess every friday and saturday night but after a big binge last october, hasnt drank again. He had weight loss surgery in feb so had to stop then anyway, and can no longer drink carbonated drinks but isnt really phased.

My mum drinks every single night and cant go a nigt without it its horrible abd really upsets me. Dads given her ultimatums, offered to help, straight out nagged her, tried to get her to go to rehab, but nothings happened. Its so horrible, she doesnt even think she has a problem. Its normally a bottle if wine every night.

So after all that, i would say if you feel like you "have" to have a drink every weekend, id do something about it now before it gets out of hand. My mum was anti alcohol whn she was my age. Im petrified of going down the same path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    This is true. In February I went two weeks without alcohol, 1st and 2nd weekend were really hard but by the last day of my alcohol free period I could have taken it or left it. But I started again.
    I think the 2 important questions are 1) is it effecting your life? 2) do you feel you need to drink as opposed to want to?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (28-04-2013),~Marigold~  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until last month I was drinking 700mls of Jim beam or more a week, I was depressed and needed it.

But now I drink once a month or so. I'm just trying to cut down on the coke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually nothing. If I go to mum or dads for dinner in a weekend I might have a beer or glass of wine. Monthly, I maybe have 1-2 drinks.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on the kind of week I'm having!

Usually I try to limit alcohol to Friday and Saturday nights, when I'll have 2-3 drinks per night. Usually wine, sometimes a martini or beer. I'm also very fond of champagne or a decent sparkling.

The last few weeks DH has been away a lot and I was having 1-2 drinks per night. It helped me unwind and get on top of my sanity each day. In the short term I have no problem with this, but if I started to feel that desire every day something would have to give.

Now his travel has settled down and I'm going to try to lay off altogether until June. Wine and Weight Watchers just don't mix, and I desperately want to shift this last 10kg of baby weight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast