Thanks
    Reviews
    Weekly? None.

Monthly, maybe one or two drinks.

Not a big drinker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 2-3 drinks most weekends, sometimes more if I'm at an event/celebration. I love having a drink but hate being drunk/hungover - only because I always embarrass myself and feel stupid the next day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I drink once every few months for a night out.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I'm out with friends (once a week/fortnight) or at a gig then I have a few drinks. I have social anxiety, and treat myself with beer At home I'll occasionally have a beer/wine or two with dinner or while doing uni work.. surprisingly I find it a whole lot easier to write essays etc and get down my ideas after a wine, rather than spending ages wondering where to start.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to drink a lot a few times a week plus weekends then in feb last year I decided to loss weight so really cut down but was still having the occasional binge then in September last year I decided to quit which was good because I fell pregnant in November I'm not planing on drinking again I have a bad relationship with alcohol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm the same as kw123 and babyla.

I love wine, and DH and I both belong to wine clubs and enjoy going to wineries.

Normally I would drink wine a few times during the week, and once or twice at the weekend. Some weeks it might be none, and some weeks it might be a bit more - it all depends on what events are on, and how busy we are.

Most of our friends enjoy wine too, so if we go out to dinner then we'll all share some.

I don't see it as an issue, or anything I would want to stop. In fact, I'm pregnant at the moment and haven't been having any (not that I have an issue with anyone who does), and I'm looking forward to being able to have some again soon!!

I think it's only an issue if it negatively affects your life, or those close to you, or if you feel that you can't do without it.

If it's just something that you enjoy, and you look forward to having some now and again, then I don't see a problem. There are some days when I would definitely look forward to a glass of wine in the evening!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

kw123  (28-04-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One a week, if that. I got so used to not drinking when pregnant with dd, that I don't really drink anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Since DS I'd be lucky to have a glass a week and that's when we go out - I only have a drink at home if we entertain - DH is pretty much the same but may have a beer after a long day when he gets home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Wine is a big part of our live. We buy from various wineries, cellar some and drink a fair bit. So it's a hobby. Some will disagree but I see this as a LOT different to someone throwing back cans of bourbon and coke, which tastes so gross that the only goal can be to get drunk.
    Completely disagree, this is a personal taste thing, I love rum and coke and when not pregnant I will have one or two a night if DP is working on his car as he'll have a few beers whilst working on them.
    Also when out for dinner I prefer rum and coke to wine with my dinner. I like wine and I drink that when my goal is to get drunk as it goes down very easily and goes to my head whereas I will sip on my rum and coke enjoying every single sip.

I usually drink 1 a night on average and will be drunk at least once a fortnight when not pregnant. I don't see that as a problem. DP will also drink almost every day, it is very rare he doesn't have at least a beer and he is drunk more often than not. I've had bouts during pregnancy where I have felt hospital may have been an option though so he has not drunk that night. I would see he has a problem if he couldn't not drink when he may have had to drive.
    Agree with pp's, if you feel you can't go a day without a drink than you probably have a problem, if you just like to have a drink or a few drinks and can cut back or stop when it is necessary then you're ok.

If you feel you may have an issue though maybe try a drink free weekend and see how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rarely drink, the hangovers are not worth it. DF drinks on the weekend if we are out.