Closed Thread
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Is this correct? Yes they can up to 12 weeks but after that there has to be a medical reason. Is gender disappointment a medical reason?

No but mother's mental health would be considered. One would imagine if she was pregnant with a baby she didn't want then the mental health clause would be used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    I think the alternative of having a baby that wasn't loved or wanted is just as abhorrent, whether the decision was made due to sex of baby etc. is really irrelevant to me.

I know my opinion isn't popular.
    I do understand what you are saying, but imo if you are going to abort based on gender you shouldn't even be ttc. Wouldn't that be a better alternative to not having an unwanted, unloved child? I know that won't be popular either but there it is.

I admit I'm in an emotional mood right now but I'm with Sonja. For the 2 kids I have and the 3rd we are ttc it has taken 7 years. 7 years of pain, anguish and hell and to hear a woman ending her child's life simply bc she is a girl makes me mad.

Again, I don't believe being pro choice means you automatically just accept this sort of stuff as being ok.

And I hope you don't think I'm being narky at you Onion as I said, I do see where you are coming from, but this topic upsets me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (29-04-2013),Mokeybear  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While I'm pro choice the idea that someone would terminate due to the s3x of the baby revolts me. I don't see an issue with finding out the s3x later tbh, years ago ppl didn't find out till bubs was born so what's the issue with waiting until 24weeks.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't read through this thread but..

My thoughts are, when you set out to have a baby you know that it will be one of 2 sexes. If you can't deal with that reality, then perhaps you need to re-examine your decision to have a child.

That said, I do understand that people have every right to have a preference, oftne driven by a very strong desire/ or connection to a gender. I naturally exclude from all of this people who have a medical reason where a child will be born with, or at a higher risk of having, a particular medical condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post

My thoughts are, when you set out to have a baby you know that it will be one of 2 sexes. If you can't deal with that reality, then perhaps you need to re-examine your decision to have a child.
    Totally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In my Utopia all these unwanted little bubs could magically be transported into the wombs of all those women that ache for them

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (28-04-2013),Cazza1981  (29-04-2013),Funchu  (29-04-2013),LaDiDah  (29-04-2013),LittleGumnut  (28-04-2013),littlelove  (29-04-2013),moongazer  (28-04-2013),mrsoptomistic  (28-04-2013),NancyBlackett  (28-04-2013),Pilbara  (28-04-2013),SoThisIsLove  (29-04-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (28-04-2013),TimeForWine  (29-04-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (28-04-2013),VanityFey  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have four girls, we just found out we are having another accidental baby. If we found out we were having another girl we would get over it and love her the same as the others. We could never abort just because its a girl.

Sent from my XT905 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazuli For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I do understand what you are saying, but imo if you are going to abort based on gender you shouldn't even be ttc. Wouldn't that be a better alternative to not having an unwanted, unloved child? I know that won't be popular either but there it is.

I admit I'm in an emotional mood right now but I'm with Sonja. For the 2 kids I have and the 3rd we are ttc it has taken 7 years. 7 years of pain, anguish and hell and to hear a woman ending her child's life simply bc she is a girl makes me mad.

Again, I don't believe being pro choice means you automatically just accept this sort of stuff as being ok.

And I hope you don't think I'm being narky at you Onion as I said, I do see where you are coming from, but this topic upsets me.
    I am sorry del and sonja if I have upset you.

I do agree del, the best thing would be not to get pregnant in the first place, but she was unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    After looking into late term abortion, it is not something I could ever condone except for medical reasons.
    I agree that many people are completely ignorant about how an abortion actually takes place. They 'remove the pregnancy' - but it is absolutely ******** at times how that actually occurs. Especially with situations such as partial birth abortions - I cannot imagine ever allowing that to happen to my child, for any reason.

I know many people who refuse to research exactly how the 'pregnancy' is 'removed' - because they would rather bury their head in the sand and not know how it is done. It is too distressing for them to see. Hell yeah, it's distressing! There is an account of a partial birth abortion by Nurse Brenda Shafer, which is aboslutely chilling, and it makes my heart ache reading about what she has seen. It is so devastating and awful and I just cannot believe that a civilised society allows it to happen

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (28-04-2013),Mokeybear  (28-04-2013),mrsoptomistic  (28-04-2013),SoThisIsLove  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told at my 20w scan 1st time around I was having a boy - I was stoked, always wanted a boy - imagine my shock at 34w when my OB confirmed a girl. Would it have been acceptable for me to abort then? I think not! My 'choice' - not a chance!

Btw I experienced sex disappointment with my first (but would definitely not have chosen to end the pregnancy). I got over it as soon as she was in my arms. I am a very proud and happy mum to 2 x DD's.

Just look at the problems China is now experiencing - men not being able to find suitable partners - because of their one child policy and preferred sex! Unintended consequences.

I feel terrible for anyone faced with a decision to terminate for reasons OTHER than sex alone (unless of course for medical reasons). For most people it is not a decision taken lightly and can have long term consequences both medically and psychologically.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (29-04-2013)