Closed Thread
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    and to add, I started a thread yonks ago about Purity Balls - completely creepy if you ask me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    NFP is about learning your cycle and not having sex in fertile periods. Many use OPK's etc. So when you know when you are ovulating and abstain there is basically zero chance of pg. I can understand it isn't always the best method for every woman. Some women like the pill, others implanton, some the depo etc. All I'm saying is that it can be very reliable when you use it how it's intended. I'm unsure of it's success rate and whether it's up there with all the others at 95% or so, but I love it
    It's very reliable if used correctly - about the same as the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    It actually happens in Aus too, not balls but ceremonies, there was one in South Australia with 600 people pledging their virginity.

I understand it ends up being a large number of people (by Australian standards) because our population is 300 million where Australia's is the size of greater LA. But, in the grand scheme of the ratio of Americans, its a minority.

It just gets my knickers in a twist, constantly having to hear 'well I read this about Americans' or 'in America they do this' (a majority of the time by people who have never even stepped foot in the country). Imagine living in the States and constantly having Americans tell you random (and often false or exaggerated) facts about Australia---your undies would get bunched as well!
    I hope that's not directed at me. My views come first hand from time spent in the land of Uncle Sam.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    and to add, I started a thread yonks ago about Purity Balls - completely creepy if you ask me
    Sorry I just saw balls and couldn't stop laughing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Could people please stop using the word f#cktard? It's extremely offensive. Given that the mods are pretty busy, could posters please self edit?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (03-05-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I do not believe it's my job to know the finer workings of a contraception.
    I'm puzzled by this. No, it's not your "job". But in life we educate ourselves on the things that affect us in order to do the things we like and avoid the things we don't like. It might not be our "job" to learn certain things, but that doesn't mean it won't come back to haunt us.

It seems that learning the finer workings of contraception would have been in your favour here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    There are religious nuts here too, but there is a much higher rate in America. Don't get me wrong I love America and have some some good yankie friends but they have a society that is quite different to ours. We tend to have more moderate views. In America for the most part your one extreme or the other. A democrat or a religious gun loving republican. There is very little middle ground. Most Americans themselves acknowledge these stereotypes.

And I think virginity pledged are knobby. I think parents pushing kids into them is harmful. Can't be bothered explaining why.
    As an American who has lived here for 7 years I can honestly say Australia and America are not that different, they are incredibly similar.

Don't get me wrong, I completely acknowledge we have some far right people that make me cringe but a majority are moderate (if they weren't Obama would not have been reelected).

The far right is just very vocal, and Australian media loves it. But very few of them hold political offices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    We 'hanky panky-ied' a week before it was removed, considering sperm is only meant to live <5 days I thought we had it well covered, I was constantly bleeding as well. What I didn't know (and have since found out) was that the Mirena doesn't prevent conception it prevents implantation and changes the mucus making it hostile to sperm, seems it was bad timing and my uterine lining was strong enough for implantation to occur after it was removed. I do not believe it's my job to know the finer workings of a contraception.
    Ok I agree with you, thanks for clarifying. Sounds like either you have a super uterus or your hubby has super sperm!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sorry I just saw balls and couldn't stop laughing..
    My initial thought was that it was some kind of sex toy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Could people please stop using the word f#cktard? It's extremely offensive. Given that the mods are pretty busy, could posters please self edit?
    Harden up. I'm describing a woman who beat her kid. I think fu@tard is pretty tame.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (03-05-2013)