Closed Thread
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes that's obviously what I meant if you google abstinence abortion rates you will find more info. As previous posters have mentioned the best way to lower abortion rates is to make contraception free and readily available to all women and men.

And I do not believe it was my responsibility to remind my doctor to do his job properly as the GYN I saw pointed out, how bizarre

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ah yes... Where in America daddies take their daughters to special virginity pledge balls (bit like a deb) And give them a purity ring. Makes me want to puke!
    I have never heard of this in my life...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yes that's obviously what I meant if you google abstinence abortion rates you will find more info. As previous posters have mentioned the best way to lower abortion rates is to make contraception free and readily available to all women and men.

And I do not believe it was my responsibility to remind my doctor to do his job properly as the GYN I saw pointed out, how bizarre
    Sorry I just thought/think its common knowledge that when changing birth control there is a period of no hanky panky.

On a positive note, I totally agree with the bit about being free and readily available.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

MrsBid  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah yes... Where in America daddies take their daughters to special virginity pledge balls (bit like a deb) And give them a purity ring. Makes me want to puke!
    And that's how you get the award for "tell it like it is - straight shooter" (as opposed to "most politically correct")

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I have never heard of this in my life...
    Google it, it's very creepy but not surprising for America (which has a lot of religious nuts).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    NFP is actually very reliable when you use it correctly. Never had a whoopsie in 15 years of using it I think the issue comes when women either don't know their cycles properly, or don't abstain during fertile times.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    NFP is actually very reliable when you use it correctly. Never had a whoopsie in 15 years of using it I think the issue comes when women either don't know their cycles properly, or don't abstain during fertile times.
    Good point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Google it, it's very creepy but not surprising for America (which has a lot of religious nuts).
    There's no religious nuts here??!!

I did google it, they happen but a very small minority. Who cares if they do virginity pledges? Is it harmful? If those are their beliefs so be it.

My biggest pet peeve is people constantly stating things 'that happen in America' when in fact they are most often false or a very small minority of Americans.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Withdrawal is actually very reliable too (as reliable as the condom) as long as it is done correctly. The 2 mistakes most people are #1 not pulling out early enough and #2 not flushing the pipes between rounds of intercourse/masturbation by simply peeing.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    My biggest pet peeve is people constantly stating things 'that happen in America' when in fact they are most often false or a very small minority of Americans.
    But it does happen. And because it has such a large and varied population, a "small minority of Americans" can work out to be a pretty large number.