Closed Thread
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Blurgh. The Can of Worms Facebook page is going off about this. The responses are making me sick.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hehe, my fierce and automatic defense of the couple's right to choose has shown me beyond doubt what I really believe in

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (03-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think we all agree that it is not ok to terminate based on gender, I said before there must be some metal issues for a mother to make that choice to late in the game.

That is not true about newborns needing mothers to survive. Newborns are dumped sometimes, sometimes mothers die in delivery and they survive if they are looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    [LIST][*]

I believe its not that clear cut, I am not a fan of abortion, I dont think its okay BUT I accept that women will get rid of it either way and it is better for it to be done safely and also it is better for a woman to remove the under developed baby early BUT I believe there NEEDS to be a limit, I do not believe its okay to destroy a 19 week old bub for no damned reason,

I had an ultrasound yesterday at 19 weeks, my baby has a brain, you can see the heart with everything working ditto the brain / kidneys etc, it may rely on me for survival but so does a newborn so if its okay to destroy it purely because it relys on me for survival why not a newborn?

I found out yesterday I am having another little boy, that means I will never have a girl as I am not having any more children that does NOT give me the right to go and harm this baby and that is why I think these things should be legal within reason

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littleduck View Post
    Just an FYI - I became pregnant whilst on Implanon....ended in an early m/c, but just saying its possible while using bc.
    Thanks for the update. How long were you on it for? Were you ill or taking medication at the time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yes, basically this.

There are two main types of people in this debate. Those who believe women should have say over their uterus, and those that believe they shouldn't have a choice.
    Thats a rather biased way of phrasing it. I could also say there are two types of people in this debate. Those who believe a baby should be killed and those that don't. (Note: I don't think that is an accurate description either or a nice one for that matter).
    Last edited by VicPark; 03-05-2013 at 17:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Just say the millions of healthy babies weren't aborted, and the parents still didn't wanted them so gave them up. Where exactly would they go? I don't know if you realise, but our adoption system here is pretty much impossible, and foster care is severely lacking resources and funding. Children in the system have a far higher rate of sexual abuse etc.

So where would they go?
    I'm sure if the abortion laws were changed (which ain't gonna happen in our lifetime) the adoption/foster care process would be overhauled as well.
    - IMO there are sufficient resources now that mean (once again IMO) termination is not justified.

Anyway my focus would be on preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place. Free franger Fridays at high school, what do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    In some catholic countries, like Ireland, women go to England to have terminations.

In 2011, there were 6,151 abortions to women resident outside England and Wales, compared with 6,535 in 2010. Principally, these non-residents were from Northern Ireland (16%) and the Irish Republic (67%).

If it were illegal here, women would go to NZ, or wherever else it was legal. Except those who couldn't afford it - and then backyard abortions would come back.

Re contraception, I would say it is more common than people realise. I used a condom with my boyfriend, it broke. I went straight out and got the morning after pill and after 13 hours was violently ill. I called the doctor and he said it had been in my system for so long that it would have definitely worked, it didn't. I came around to the idea of being pregnant and felt like it was fated, after all, I did do everything I could to avoid it. And then I got rubella and ended up terminating on the recommendation made by doctors. Rubella in the first month of pregnancy usually causes the baby to die, if the baby had survived it would have a 90% chance of severe and multiple deformaties and disabilities.

It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life, and it broke me up. I felt really devastated for years about it. I hardly every talk about it. But I am SO sick of hearing all this Pro life crap. Unless you have been in a situation like that you just have no effing idea. There have been references on here about how 'easy' it is etc. And in my experience and others who have been through it, it is not easy. It is not a walk in the park, it is devastating and scary and horrible.

Sometimes you can really be doing everything by the book, the only way you can be 100% guaranteed not to get pregnant is abstinence and hysterectomy.

My feelings now, is there is no way I could cope with another pregnancy. I am seriously considering a hysterectomy, because I just don't trust contraception. And even vasectomies have a fail rate of one in a thousand, and knowing my luck...
    Sorry you have been through this, sounds like a very difficult time. Not easy at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    [LIST][*]

I believe its not that clear cut, I am not a fan of abortion, I dont think its okay BUT I accept that women will get rid of it either way and it is better for it to be done safely and also it is better for a woman to remove the under developed baby early BUT I believe there NEEDS to be a limit, I do not believe its okay to destroy a 19 week old bub for no damned reason,

I had an ultrasound yesterday at 19 weeks, my baby has a brain, you can see the heart with everything working ditto the brain / kidneys etc, it may rely on me for survival but so does a newborn so if its okay to destroy it purely because it relys on me for survival why not a newborn?

I found out yesterday I am having another little boy, that means I will never have a girl as I am not having any more children that does NOT give me the right to go and harm this baby and that is why I think these things should be legal within reason
    Congrats.... Little boys rock!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (03-05-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    3) And I cant believe 1 case of abuse is reason enough to justify killing millions of healthy babies that likely would not have been abused if they lived. Not when there are theoretically other options:
    - birth control that can't be stuffed up should be free (shots in the arm, tubes being tied). I mean 4 unplanned pregnancies,what a fu@tard.
    I actually can't believe you wrote this? Plenty of women on this forum have had numerous unplanned pregnancies while on BC. I was using the Mirena and the doctor removed it incorrectly (to close to when we had DTD) and I fell pregnant. This was not MY fault I didn't know he was meant to check with me about it and he never did! I'm not sure on the stats of having your tubes tide but the vasectomy has a failure rate of 4:1000 in the first year and 1:1000 after that. I have also had 2 more unplanned pregnancies while using NFP because there is no other suitable birth control for me! This post is so rude and ignorant you think there is such a thing as the perfect birth control, I suggest you go and educate yourself on how effective they actually are and the obstacles some women face when trying to find one that suits their situation.

And don't you dare suggest abstinence as this has the WORST failure rate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ummm... how can abstinence have the "worst failure rate" (by which I assume you mean it has the greatest rates of failure)??? If you get pregnant from not having sex, you're clearly doing it wrong... or you're Mother Mary. I think you may be confusing abstinence (no sex) with withdrawal or rhythm methods.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (03-05-2013)