My parents know a couple who said if their baby wasn't a girl they will abort...lucky that poor baby was a girl. People like that done deserve to live.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
I didn't read the full article BRV (I couldn't)... did the mother say she had wanted an abortion and was denied one? I don't think everyone who gives birth to a child they didn't want would end up killing the child later, or even abusing the child (emotionally or physically). Conversely, I don't think everyone who ever kills (or abuses) their child will have considered abortion before giving birth. There are examples of women who have thought they didn't want a child & then changed their mind after seeing their baby (and vice versa unfortunately).
For those who may not have seen my earlier posts, I'll just re-state that I don't label myself as pro-life or pro-choice. I believe abortion should be available to those who need it. I also have compassion for those who have needed an abortion.
She said she didn't want the baby and didn't love it once it was born, so the baby was sent to relatives to live until 18 months old, then the father wanted her back, so the girl went to live with her parents.
1) I don't believe having the option to abort will necessarily stop abuse down the track....it didn't in the case in the story as the dropkick mother didn't take up that option.
2) I can't reconcile the logic that killing a baby in utero is OK as it *may* prevent abuse down the track. I mean killing V possible abuse/disability.... That's like saying a 2013 BMW is a worse car than a 1978 Datsun 120Y.
3) And I cant believe 1 case of abuse is reason enough to justify killing millions of healthy babies that likely would not have been abused if they lived. Not when there are theoretically other options:
- birth control that can't be stuffed up should be free (shots in the arm, tubes being tied). I mean 4 unplanned pregnancies,what a ********.
- long stays in hospital after giving birth, with better support for mothers (counsellIng, parenting classes etc). None of this trying to push new mums out in 6 hours cr@p that my friend went through.
- better follow up care when a new mum returns home. I got one visit from a clinic nurse when I had bub, that was it.
- there should be more resources for child protection services. They didn't have their kid for 18 months then took her back. Big red flag! ....should have been weekly visits from child welfare for the first 5 years.
- family and friends shouldn't be afraid to stick their nose in someone else's business when the welfare of a kid is involved.
Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 03-05-2013 at 20:09. Reason: not in the spirit of BubHub
I have read this thread and all the stories and links posted. It hasn't changed my mind at all.
LTA is horrible necessity in a very small percentage of pregnancies.
I don't need to understand another womans reasoning to know that it isn't my business to tell her what to do with her body. Full stop.
I only hope that women in this country continue to receive the opportunity to make choices for their reproductive health. Which includes abortion even LTA when and if it is needed.
Just say the millions of healthy babies weren't aborted, and the parents still didn't wanted them so gave them up. Where exactly would they go? I don't know if you realise, but our adoption system here is pretty much impossible, and foster care is severely lacking resources and funding. Children in the system have a far higher rate of sexual abuse etc.
So where would they go?
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!