Closed Thread
Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella82 View Post
    Yes.

and with that, I'm bowing out (did I hear a sigh of relief?) I've invested too much emotionally into thinking about this. I just ask that you please, please try to educate yourselves on the truth before you form an opinion. Ignorance is bliss but our babies deserve for us to be informed about what happens to them. Termination (particulatly late term) is just the greatest tragedy of our day and it breaks my heart.
    I sort of agree. I think unless a woman is terminating for medical reasons she should be fully informed if what the procedure involves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    You can't really make the judgement that only pro-choice would find it offensive then.

I'm confident that it was upsetting no matter your beliefs on the topic.
    I never said that....i wonder why i bother sometimes. Its like people read between the lines on here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I also didn't read the graphic post as it was removed before I did (thankfully). But I have been asking for information as I have found it hard to get anything unbiased. I don't believe information needed to be conveyed in a graphic way. Headoverfeet and BigRedV posted very informative, yet brief posts which gave enough information

I am really sorry if my questioning led to anyone feeling they had to tell a story they weren't ready to share.

This is a topic no one wants to talk about. I feel very differently this evening to how I felt 24 hours ago. I now truly believe what goes on for other women is not my business. This is a tragedy. It's very unfortunate that one story in the paper about one couple's decision that no one agrees with could result in people forming harsh judgments on the majority of people for whom this is a wretched experience.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-05-2013),Kirst33  (02-05-2013),lambjam  (02-05-2013),misskittyfantastico  (02-05-2013),onionskin  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I don't think it should matter where you stand. If the intent was to 'inform' a link could have been discretely left for people to follow themselves. Writing graphic descriptions here in this thread seemed like an opportunistic way to flout the general rules regarding this topic that exist elsewhere in the forum. I'm surprised it was allowed as long as it was.

One of those cases where ones own agenda becomes more important than social decency.
    There's plenty of warnings in the subject title and OP. If people read the thread they do so at their own risk.

IMO censoring the details of how an abortion may occur is handicapping one side of the debate. As distressing as it may be to hear, if a person is not prepared to be informed about what an abortion actually involves, IMO they dont have the right to vote on the issue and they certainly dont have the right to tell the other side they are wrong.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Ah ok.

Just as those who have had a termination might find it hard to read about them and hear differing viewpoints, those who are pro life for the same reasons also find hearing that others have had them and the details hard too.

I guess it all depends on where you stand on the matter.
    I got from this an insinuation that only somebody who is pro-choice would find hearing details about a termination upsetting.

What was posted was not just details of a termination, it was incredibly graphic details about a partial-birth abortion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You don't know the circumstances of the 26 week baby. If it was a medical termination for severe congenital abnormalities and although the baby may have survived birth it was not going to survive in the long-run. If that was the case the drs would have made the baby as comfortable as possible before it passed.
    Earlier in the thread she said that medical abortions compared with other abortions were all "semantics", fairly sure she doesn't care about the reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is how I feel about men voting on the issue, not like they'll ever be pregant.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    There's plenty of warnings in the subject title and OP. If people read the thread they do so at their own risk.

IMO censoring the details of how an abortion may occur is handicapping one side of the debate. As distressing as it may be to hear, if a person is not prepared to be informed about what an abortion actually involves, IMO they dont have the right to vote on the issue and they certainly dont have the right to tell the other side they are wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got from this an insinuation that only somebody who is pro-choice would find hearing details about a termination upsetting.

What was posted was not just details of a termination, it was incredibly graphic details about a partial-birth abortion.
    And i said twice that i didnt see the graphic post.

You read it that way but nowhere did i say that "only pro choice find hearing about abortions upsetting". Clearly that is not the case and only an idiot would think that!

I was merely saying that just as ones who have had an abortion find it distressing to read, ones who are pro life (like im guessing cinderella is) may find it just as distressing.

Its distressing for all to read in summary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

But many people do know and are aware. I believe people should know the facts, and I can assure you that any woman who has gone through a LTA for whatever reason, has been completely aware of what has happened.

Also as has been made clear again and again - there are several different procedures and this varies from state to state, clinic to clinic.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-05-2013),Kirst33  (02-05-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't find any reliable information online that states that we still carry out partial abortions in Australia, for those that believe we do what is your source?