Closed Thread
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Huge hugs BRV. You're a strong woman x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella82 View Post
    ?? Overseas? I'm talking about aust. The US has outlawed partial birth. The point I was making was that once a baby is born, the dr is not allowed to actively take its life, otherwise it would legally be considered murder. These is only allowed to deny the baby any life saving treatment. Any measures to end the babies life MUST be done in utero. Via cardic injection before an induction, or a D & E if the woman does not want to birth the baby, or an intact d & r (or partial birth). How else do you propose a healthy viable foetus is able to be terminated? I know they are distressing. It is a horrible horrible thing that happens to our babies. And again this highlights that we would prefer to ignore and bury our head in te sand.
    I think you are making assumptions. Many people are aware of the various ways a fetus is terminated, they just choose to show a little sensitivity to the people on this forum that have been through this process.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (02-05-2013),beebs  (02-05-2013),Kirst33  (02-05-2013),Mathermy  (02-05-2013),onionskin  (02-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I think you are making assumptions. Many people are aware of the various ways a fetus is terminated, they just choose to show a little sensitivity to the people on this forum that have been through this process.
    I think Cindarella has been sensitive, yet honest (unless ive missed a post) and has been answering questions by other posters.

Ive enjoyed reading her posts as another perspective.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Heids89  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I think Cindarella has been sensitive, yet honest (unless ive missed a post) and has been answering questions by other posters.

There was a post a couple days ago that was incredibly graphic and edited by moderators.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

We obviously have different definitions of sensitivity.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Brv - im so sorry

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    There was a post a couple days ago that was incredibly graphic and edited by moderators.
    Ah ok.

I do think that its good to be informed as long as its accurate information and there is a warning for those who may find it distressing.

Just as those who have had a termination might find it hard to read about them and hear differing viewpoints, those who are pro life for the same reasons also find hearing that others have had them and the details hard too.

I guess it all depends on where you stand on the matter.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 02-05-2013 at 21:00. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah ok.

I do think that its good to be informed as long as its accurate information and there is a warning for those who may find it distressing.

Just as those who have had a termination might find it hard to read about them and hear differing viewpoints, tho who are pro life for the same reasons also find hearing that others have had them and the details hard too.

I guess it all depends on where you stand on the matter.
    I don't think it should matter where you stand. If the intent was to 'inform' a link could have been discretely left for people to follow themselves. Writing graphic descriptions here in this thread seemed like an opportunistic way to flout the general rules regarding this topic that exist elsewhere in the forum. I'm surprised it was allowed as long as it was.

One of those cases where ones own agenda becomes more important than social decency.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (02-05-2013),babybabycakes  (02-05-2013),beebs  (02-05-2013),misskittyfantastico  (02-05-2013),onionskin  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I don't think it should matter where you stand. If the intent was to 'inform' a link could have been discretely left for people to follow themselves. Writing graphic descriptions here in this thread seemed like an opportunistic way to flout the general rules regarding this topic that exist elsewhere in the forum. I'm surprised it was allowed as long as it was.

One of those cases where ones own agenda becomes more important than social decency.
    I never seen any graphic post hence my above opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never seen any graphic post hence my above opinion
    You can't really make the judgement that only pro-choice would find it offensive then.

I'm confident that it was upsetting no matter your beliefs on the topic.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (02-05-2013),beebs  (02-05-2013),misskittyfantastico  (02-05-2013)