Closed Thread
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think late term abortion ie over 12 weeks should be case by case and shouldn't be available to everyone. I couldn't imagine ever doing that I found out at 15weeks I was expecting my 4th son and at no moment did abortion pop into my head just because he was a boy even though a girl would of been heaven.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Forcibly tube feeding mental health patients particularly anorexics is one. Every time you submit to random breath test. There are several sorry making dinner you can google them if you want to know. Urine tests when you are suspected of a crime (but not having committed one).
    I get your cooking dinner but those are all things I asked you to omit (except the breathalyzer one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Out of interest why 12 weeks? Can you really say your ok with it at 11.5 weeks but not at 12.5 weeks?

Im honestly curious
    Because I guess of the tests done at 12 weeks. If there is a genetic abnormality you will generally know at 12 weeks. It's a line in the sand. Meet the Bluths also explained the development of a foetus after 12 weeks several pages and after reading that I don't feel comfortable with abortion after then unless there is a medical reason that was unknown or develops and the foetus is not compatible with life. Before then I'm not in love with it but I accept legal safe abortion up to that point.

These are just my personal views. I've no doubt many will poke various holes in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I get your cooking dinner but those are all things I asked you to omit (except the breathalyzer one).
    I didn't see the sane bit, apologies. If you want to say I'm against bodily autonomy I don't really care tbh.

Any state where abortion is illegal does not have bodily autonomy (like qld). Current abortion laws mean we don't have bodily autonomy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    HOF there was an post a few pages back about areas where bodily autonomy isn't absolute. You should find it if you read back.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I didn't see the sane bit, apologies. If you want to say I'm against bodily autonomy I don't really care tbh.

Any state where abortion is illegal does not have bodily autonomy (like qld). Current abortion laws mean we don't have bodily autonomy.
    No worries I was just genuinely curious And yes I agree we don't really have bodily autonomy when it comes to the currant abortion laws I believe it's an issue that needs addressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    No worries I was just genuinely curious And yes I agree we don't really have bodily autonomy when it comes to the currant abortion laws I believe it's an issue that needs addressing.
    I don't agree that it should be illegal but I'm not comfortable with abortion up to 40 weeks if the mother still can control the fate of the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm only up to post #146 but I wonder, I am reading people saying that this is different to the 'normal' reasons for a termination they are terminating due to gender not because they didn't want a child in general, people are posting saying they would do anything for a baby a healthy one. How is this any different to a couple terminating because the fetus has tested positive to some genetic disability ect? They obviously wanted a child as well.
    I know you didn't mean offence by this, but I'm kind of shocked you would even compare aborting for medical issues and aborting for gender. Sure in both cases the baby was wanted, but in the latter only a boy was wanted. terminating bc there is something seriously wrong with the baby or bc of a serious risk to the mother is totally different. You are sensible and I'm sure I don't need to break it down further than that, but they are nowhere in the the same basket, not even close

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (01-05-2013),Kirst33  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, interesting thread. I guess I am pro-life. Please don't write me off as judgemental though, I honestly do feel tremendously for anyone who felt it necessary to have an abortion for whatever reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    And yes I agree we don't really have bodily autonomy when it comes to the currant abortion laws I believe it's an issue that needs addressing.
    I support choice, but I disagree. from personal experience with a number of friends who have had terminations on paper there are rules. But in reality the need to have a reason is very very flexible and open to interpretation. Women are rarely denied an abortion and many are listed under 'mental health' when it's just a case of not wanting the child.

Don't get me wrong, I support flexibility. But I don't believe it's true that we don't have bodily autonomy in regards to this subject. They are pretty easy to get even into the 2nd tri.