Closed Thread
Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh gosh I wish I knew how to unsubscribe, im finding this extremely distressing to read.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    On a touch phone you can either swipe sideways on the favourites tab or click the arrow in circle at the side of the thread (before its opened) and select unsubscribe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella82 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think you said before that your baby was not viable & that the termination was medically necessary? So your baby passed on its own? (Again, I'm sorry).
    If it were a healthy & viable late term baby then if the dr were just to induce labour, the baby would likely sùrvive labour as any other healthy baby would. So the baby has a lethal cardic injection or d & e or intact d & e (or partial birth) to ensure that it does not survive. It needs to have its life artificially terminated, otherwise it would be an unsuccessful abortion. I'm not talking rubbish, I think that some pro choices would rather not believe that these things actually do happen, an that is the choice that they are supporting.
    How many people have an abortion after 24 weeks? Or 20 weeks in other states of otherwise healthy babies? It would be less than 0.5%! You are making out like this is bigger than it actually is to push your agenda.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (29-04-2013),HowCrazyCool  (29-04-2013),Kirst33  (29-04-2013),RobinSparkles  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella82 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think you said before that your baby was not viable & that the termination was medically necessary? So your baby passed on its own? (Again, I'm sorry).
    If it were a healthy & viable late term baby then if the dr were just to induce labour, the baby would likely sùrvive labour as any other healthy baby would. So the baby has a lethal cardic injection or d & e or intact d & e (or partial birth) to ensure that it does not survive. It needs to have its life artificially terminated, otherwise it would be an unsuccessful abortion. I'm not talking rubbish, I think that some pro choices would rather not believe that these things actually do happen, an that is the choice that they are supporting.
    BigRed said her baby was born alive and I explained last night what happens in a late term medical termination.

With what you're explaining, where does this happen? I don't know of any western country that allows such late terminations on healthy babies where the mother or baby's life is not at risk?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (29-04-2013),RobinSparkles  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh gosh I wish I knew how to unsubscribe, im finding this extremely distressing to read.

Hey peanut, if you are on your phone click on the arrow to the top right of your screen, choose unsubscribe, I'm out too, great discussion with super intelligent ladies but I don't have the heart for it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    On a touch phone you can either swipe sideways on the favourites tab or click the arrow in circle at the side of the thread (before its opened) and select unsubscribe
    Thankyou!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just like the anti aborition lobbiyists in Ireland and their vile giant pictures that line the street. Makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Why does that matter?

Most women having an abortion find the decision difficult enough as it is. They know essentially what they're doing, do you purposely want to make it harder for them if they happen to be ignorant about the procedure.

Most people after 12/14 weeks would have the procedure explained to them. I did. It was made very clear and I was able to ask a lot of questions about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    Unsubscribing doesn't stop it from appearing in your 'participated' section though (and in a popular thread it stays at the top) it just stops the emails. :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, but you are just talking rubbish.

When I had my termination, baby was born alive. I was induced with tablets inserted into my cervix, that's it. None of this injection etc. that you speak of!
    I believe second trimester terminations that are done for non medical reasons such as social reasons where the pregnancy is not wanted at all, can be done differently particularly in third world countries, which are the horrific photos and descriptions that everyone is talking about.

in 2011 in Melbourne there where a lady was pregnant with twins and one had a heart defect. She was advised to terminate that twin at 32 weeks, but the injection was given to the healthy baby. They then had to do a Caesar when it states the unhealthy's baby life was terminate via Caesarean section (I assume not resuscitated after birth).

If you are having a termination at 20 or so weeks because the baby had congenital defects etc, then you're already in a horrible state of mind, the doctors and midwives are going to do everything possible to ensure your baby is born in the gentlest way, if that makes sense. It's more of an early induction of labour in your case.

At 20-24 weeks the baby would not be resuscitated if you went in labour naturally then and the baby would most certainly not survive very long. Terminations after that gestation if there is no medical condition that would cause the baby to not survive ex-utero, they may need to use alternative options if the baby would survive for a considerably long time once born.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 29-04-2013 at 21:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Procedures such as those mentioned by Cinderella are definitely the exception rather than the rule, late term abortions aren't common in Australia except for medical reasons, in which case the baby is induced and allowed to pass in his/her parents' arms. In the uncommon cases where the baby is healthy, unfortunately, the dr has to make sure they are not born alive.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In Victoria, it's 24 weeks I think, well 20 at least!
    Victoria allows late term terminations up to 40 weeks.