Closed Thread
Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pro choice, but as others have said not pro abortion.

I do find some reasons why people have abortions, sex selection or someone who uses it as birth control problematic. I struggle not to find people like that abhorrent.

However as someone who has, had an abortion due to rape and am now trying to conceive a baby, I still believe abortions, and birth control are a incredibly important right for women

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VanityFey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-04-2013),snowqu33n  (29-04-2013)

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its disgusting to abort a baby due to gender (unless for medical reasons)! Disgusting. And Im pro choice!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, what they are saying is that a fetus trumps the mothers anything, someone on here even said that medical reasons were not good enough. ie, the health of the mother/fetus or the mental health are not a good enough reason. ie, fetus trumps the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    No, what they are saying is a life is more important than the mother's right to kill her baby (in cases where there is a non-medical reason for the termination).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Because for me, Women should be able to choose what does and doesn't happen to their own body. Regardless of what I feel is ok or not, women deserve the right to choose what happens to their own uterus. It is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Re: Beebs post....which was my point exactly yet i got jumped on for it? You are either pro choice or ur not.

You may not agree with a womans reasoning but you are saying she should be allowed to make that choice.

Therefore it confuses me when people say "im pro choice but this is wrong, or should be banned" etc.

You cant have it both ways otherwise where do u draw the line? What reasons are ok and what ones arent.....??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (29-04-2013),SassyMummy  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My current feelings about this is that I am not comfortable at all with non medical abortions after 12 weeks. If a baby is incompatible with life then I accept LTA but no I'm not comfortable with LTA when there isn't a medical reason for the baby. If that means foetus trumps woman well I guess that's where I feel at this point in my life.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (29-04-2013),Kirst33  (29-04-2013),Mokeybear  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But what about medical reason for the mother, what about a cancer diag where you have to start chemo/radi asap or the mother dies?

There was a case in Australia a few years ago, where the mother chose to continue with the pregnancy and forgo treatment, that was her choice to make, it is her body. Personally I felt really off about it, she left behind four young children and I don't think that is fair to them at all. But at the end of the day, it is her choice to make, she made the choice that she felt was right. And even though it really felt wrong to me, I am glad she was able to make her own choices.

I guess I just will never trust policy makers on where they draw the line, what I consider a good enough medical reason, someone else may not.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (29-04-2013),peanutmonkey  (29-04-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I guess you need to ask yourself where will it end, as I said before, terminating based on gender makes me actually feel sick.

But if they stop terminations based on gender, then what? Terminations based on one night stands not a good enough reason, based on someone feeling they are too young? Abortions only ok in severe medical situations? And then what is considered severe enough?
    This is such an ugly topic. One wonders if it is ok to abort a baby based on gender then is it ok to abort a baby based on other physical characteristics (assuming they could be determined at about 19 weeks)? I'm really not comfortable with supporting abortion based purely on gender. I question the motives, the culture that is driving this. I feel for the woman in this instance. I wonder if she is being pressured into this course of action which is heartbreaking. To want a baby, find out you're pregnant, be in awe of the growing person inside you, love it already to then be told that because it's a girl she should have an abortion. My heart weeps for her.

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    All I need to do, is look at what happened to that woman in Galway recently. Where she was miscarrying, and they would not perform a D&C because termination is illegal in Ireland and the woman died of sepsis. Ireland for christs sake, they put the "rights" of a fetus that was being miscarried, over the rights of a healthy woman. And now she is dead. I never, ever want to see that crap ever happening ever again.
    There are women in El Salvador (where abortion is illegal under any circumstances) who have sought a back-yard abortion, it's gone wrong and they have fronted to hospital only to now be serving 30 year jail sentences for their 'crimes'.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    I think its disgusting to abort a baby due to gender (unless for medical reasons)! Disgusting. And Im pro choice!
    I don't think there is anybody in this thread who disagrees!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-04-2013),RobinSparkles  (29-04-2013),SassyMummy  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to agree with Bec - for all the chest beating over choice, in this particular case it did seen as though the woman wasn't really getting the say in making a choice.

How horrific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/...-1226631128438

A little more information on the subject. Turns out the doc sends to have an issue with all abortions

19. The Following User Says Thank You to VanityFey For This Useful Post:

bugsy  (29-04-2013)