Closed Thread
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Re: Beebs post....which was my point exactly yet i got jumped on for it? You are either pro choice or ur not.

You may not agree with a womans reasoning but you are saying she should be allowed to make that choice.

Therefore it confuses me when people say "im pro choice but this is wrong, or should be banned" etc.

You cant have it both ways otherwise where do u draw the line? What reasons are ok and what ones arent.....??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 29-04-2013 at 09:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is horrible.

If you didn't want a baby girl. Don't get pregnant. Simple.

So selfish, so many people struggle to fall pregnant and they wouldn't care if it was a boy or a girl. Just healthy.

I hope these people who have done this can never get pregnant again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (29-04-2013),Funchu  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Re: Beebs post....which was my point exactly yet i got jumped on for it? You are either pro choice or ur not.

You may not agree with a womans reasoning but you are saying she should be allowed to make that choice.

Therefore it confuses me when people say "im pro choice but this is wrong, or should be banned" etc.

You cant have it both ways otherwise where do u draw the line? What reasons are ok and what ones arent.....??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think you can be pro-choice but believe there is a time when a line should be drawn. I am definitely pro-choice but believe abortions (other than for medical reasons) should not be preformed after 12 weeks. So therefore I feel terminating at 19 weeks for gender reasons is not right. Termination and people's beliefs regarding it are not so black and white. People vary greatly on when they feel a fetus is a life (some are from conception, some are after 12 weeks, some are when it's no longer dependent on the mother's body to survive, some may be pro-choice but still rather early, the list goes on).

I do believe its hard to know where to draw that line as it can lead to a cascade of circumstances on either side. Outlawing one situation can lead to outlawing others, etc.

I'm sorry if you felt I jumped on you, I just feel its not all so black and white (Sonja even proved that with her story), terminating based in gender may not be so black and white either.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (29-04-2013),beebs  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not wanting to carry a product of rape, not wanting a baby on the grounds of failed/lack of contraception, aborting based on medical grounds, acknowledging that you can't afford a baby are all so different to being willing to carry one gender but not the other purely for cultural beliefs or just because.

This topic really hits home with me because I AM one of the unfortunate people that are placed with the decision to terminate due to gender based on medical grounds.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (29-04-2013),beebs  (29-04-2013),VanityFey  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I will say this no matter what, no matter what I agree or don't agree with when it comes to reasons for terminating im all for choice and SAFE aborting practises.

No matter what I will never wish infertility on anyone ever.

Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (29-04-2013),beebs  (29-04-2013),Guest654  (29-04-2013),onionskin  (29-04-2013),SassyMummy  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think we all draw the line somewhere, and it just depends on where that line is. Some of us are ok with abortions performed for medical reasons but not for gender preference. Some if us claim to be 100% pro choice, but I think there must w a line SOMEWHERE. We all have a limit where we say 'that's not ok.' Even if someone is staunchly pro choice, then If we presented the case of, say, a 39 week old foetus being aborted via partial birth {text removed by moderator}, surely no one would be ok with that? It gets to border on infanticide. I think we all have to draw the line somewhere when we say abortion isn't always ok.
    I find it so sad tht it is a case of mother vs child. We are arguing over whether the childs life or te mothers right to choose is more important. How sad that we as mothers are so against our children that it has to be mum vs baby. In a perfect world every mother would love the life inside her and not hate it, but that doesn't happen in real life, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 29-04-2013 at 10:29. Reason: information too graphic, members can google if they wish to know what a partial birth is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely agree that pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion. Just as pro-life does not necessarily equal anti-choice. I agree that you can be pro-choice but still find the idea that aborting on the grounds of the baby being the 'wrong' sex abhorrent.

HOWEVER, what I think Soisthislove is saying (among others), is that either you believe a woman has rights over the fetus, or the other way around. If you believe a woman has the right to choose, you don't get to decide which 'reasons' are worthy. Either she has that right or not! Why is this couple's reason- only wanting a boy (and we don't understand how strong that cultural conditioning is) less valid than say the many many couples choosing to terminate on financial grounds- and when I say financial grounds, I mean the many couples who have a couple of kids, are paying off their dream home and have their private school picked out for their kids, and they didn't factor in another child. If they were to have another one, they couldn't afford 'x' school, or to stay in 'x' suburb. This is a common scenario, why should that be allowed and not the sex selection one?

Either you support a woman's right to choose or you don't. You can believe its a horrible reason, but you can't say women only have the right to choose under 'these' circumstances.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (29-04-2013),snowqu33n  (29-04-2013),SoThisIsLove  (29-04-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    People terminate based solely on gender?????!!!

35035363.jpg

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (29-04-2013),mrsoptomistic  (29-04-2013),snowqu33n  (29-04-2013),TimeForWine  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also FYI this is the abortion laws in Victoria-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victori...ion_Law_Reform

Abortion up to 24 weeks, no questions asked, basically. So this coupl were not breaking the law at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the one who mentioned gender disappointment and although I mentioned it in the same sentence as this issue, I don't think they are the same at all.

Gender preference and or disappointment just personally upsets me as I know so many women who have lost baby after baby and spend years trying to get pregnant and when you struggle that hard to have a baby, it's so hard to read people being upset with the sex of their healthy baby. They get very upset by these threads. It's just a different perspective.

What disturbs me more is the fact that these abortions based on sex ( unless for medical reasons) are late term abortions.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (29-04-2013)