+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Turn a breech baby

Hey everyone, my little miss is currently sat breech at 28 weeks. Anyone have some tips to help turn her???
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't worry too much about breech as yet, my first was breech at 35 weeks and turned the correct way by 37 and I hadn't even noticed it happening.
    If you want to read up though there is a spinning babies website which has good tips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Karen I will have a look! I am not hugely concerned but maybe a bit more than I should be as my previous kids have both been born at 34 weeks from pprom so I am a little concerned and think I should at least try to help the situation. Someone had suggested acupuncture to me??? Any one have experience of this??

Thanks
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you should try anything drastic like that, the doctors can deal with breech. Who knows what acupuncture could do to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out the 'spinning babies' website, I tried some of their ideas and bub turned from transverse to head down around 30-32 weeks (no idea exactly when, I didn't even feel it happen).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Karen, I don't think it matters yet. My baby currently has his big boof head up at 29 weeks and my OB was not in the slightest bit concerned. Initially when palpating she thought it was his butt but then scan showed head up top, she said it is essentially irrelevant whilst they are still small enough to move around.
    Good luck, I hope your bub does some spontaneous gymnastics

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry yet. DS1 was breech at 35 weeks by 37 weeks he had turned. I felt him do it. I did many of the things from the spinning baby website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the past few days I think bub has changed position. I am no longer getting kicked in the cervix and bladder, it seems to be more near my ribs and in one side. Do you think she has turned?? Not sure about head down but I have a feeling maybe transverse??? I am at obs tomorrow so hopefully they can tell, I don't have a clue feeling my bump what is each body part!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't worry at all my breech bub just turned yesterday. I'm 31 weeks. Trust me its WAY more comfy when they are breech you still have plenty of time.