+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default First HCG results

Hi ladies

Expecting results from my first quantitative HCG test done yesterday...(was initially going to have to wait until Thursday for my first appt but DH suggested I try and get in somewhere earlier, as I had some spotting and was worried)....doc said I should be around 6 weeks along, but seeing as the two cycles I was able to track (DH and I started TTC in Feb of this year) were 23 days long each, the results may prove different.....

Looking forward to finding out, but trying to not get too strong of a feeling either way. Trying to remain middle of the road (confident and positive yet realistic) is hard!

What were everybody else's experience with HCG results? I suppose at any rate I'll be glad to find SOMETHING out, and be able to move to the next step, whatever that might turn out to be.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first BFP with IVF was HCG 135 @ 4 weeks & a week later 850+but I miscarried the following week

A year on & from another cycle I was sure it was all over so my clinic blood tested me early (12dpo) & my HCG is 40 so apparently inconclusive! Argh!!! Head **** - so I need to retest Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh indeed! Good luck for Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    First Bfp my hcg was 8 at 14dpo (and unsurprisingly I m/c a week later). This Bfp it was 299 at 14dpo and I'm now 19+4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    15 dpo my hcg was 272 I never got it tested again but Im now 21+2

Good luck littleduck!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    320 at 16 dpo, no more bloods done, 10+5 now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also got some spotting after a bfp and panicked and went straight for blood tests. My hCG was 142 @ 11dpo

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got the results from Doc, he said HCG at 45 - and if I was 6 weeks along that would most likely mean that the spotting was an m/c, or possible blighted ovum . Mind you HE was the one who said I was at 6.....I thought I might be coming up to 5....and with my short cycles and only 2 to go from, I really couldn't tell when we conceived......long story short I STILL don't know where I stand, so we'll wait and see, and try and book in with my ob (doc did not suggest getting another blood test to compare).....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that sucks!! I'd be asking for another blood test firstly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I was thinking too, I guess I was too upset to think about asking lol. He's not my normal dr, just the only one there on the weekend....I'm thinking it'll be a good thing to see my ob anyways, she treated me back in the day when I had some cervical abnormalities (and ended up getting a LLETZ).....very thorough and professional....I must remember to ask her about possible progesterone treatment as well (in addition to the low hcg I've had spotting since Friday - around the time that started I noticed the disappearance of any cm....)...thanks for checking in